Death and Tide

12345 ... 69

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death tried the foods, but it seemed he didn't find what he was looking for, but wasn't too disappointed by it, since it was more of a conversation topic to him, so he had at least something to talk about with Tide. Now he didn't really know what to do.

(OOC: I don't really know what to do in this thread either, just awkward small talk...)

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide also didn't seem to know what to do, as he seemed to grow slowly, but increasingly uncomfortable with the looming silence. So, just like Death, he tried to speak up a bit, to talk - though, in his insecurity, he too ended up talking about food too, speaking of what food he himself found enjoyable, taking a considerable amount of time explaining the perfect balance of a Nanaimo bar and how wonderfully colorful it is.

( OOC: I guess that maybe we're running a little into the same problem we got to in dynamics with Ben and Svarik after Ben turned into Spirit Riversong - it is reasonable for one character to be depressed and questioning everything after such huge change while other one comforts him, but it leaves things a little predictable and depressing to play out... And in Svarik's storyline, at least it was rather eventful, but here we're only dealing with sickness with no other events, so plot feels a little thin. Like Senecio said - it's always about Death being ill, not about doing things with Death. I really enjoy the character of Death and I love roleplaying Tide, I think the thread can get more interesting if we maybe get them to some more eventful situations? So they can do things together and learn to trust each other through that, as right now a lot of it is much of small talk. Despite hurt and weak right now, Death is a powerful and majestic creature, maybe we could figure out some chance to have him to shine, to be able to do what he loves, to show his true self and act in his nature - I'm sure we can figure something out. :) After all, better he feels about himself more he'll be able to heal.  What about maybe making a contact with Cernunnos? The shadows that roam the forest are something that will be hard to deal with, and as they are neither living neither dead, I imagine Death might be only one who could figure out how to rid the forest and Cernunnos from them so he suffers no longer. We could also meet them up with Mordecai and Willow on the way there - both of them corrupted, we could maybe figure out some plot with them in addition, maybe as Death and Tide search for sanctuary there from some danger above... there's a lot of potential, we just have to figure out what direction we wish to take. We could figure out some threat that'd unite them and make them leave the capital and go on *adventure* toward the sea sooner than they anticipated. Erdel has to go to the mountains, and as soon as he leaves he can't protect them as he wouldn't know they're in danger, so they'd be on their own, so best chance to not have people dear to them hurt would be to run away and not involve them. Just one kind of route we could be taking, of course - we really can go in any direction from here, something to deepen lore, something to work with characters we have, add more dramatic events or danger from someone that wants to kill Death when he's weakest - we have a most powerful healer of all among Spirits, and most protective demon there is, that's basically a best healer/tank combination, anything can happen :)

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
(OOC: lol, by DnD rules they really fit together. I think that would be more interesting then just sitting in one place, although I still don't feel as comfortable playing Death as other my characters - he is hard to play, as Senecio said. On the other side, I would really like to give Senecio's play enough credit for Death accepting Tide's help in healing (since he's going to suffer for it... *evil grin*). I think the journey could help him see Tide in better light, but the play would make him see himself in better light, and feel that he deserves healing.)

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
( OOC: I agree, we need to pepper in some suffering and eventfulness, we build a whole schedule around Death to help him get better, it's a good idea if that was the real world, to sit and rest, but it's not as fun to roleplay as an adventure... full of thorns and sweet dilemmas :) Some characters just feel most organic in middle of some goal, most probably so - no matter how much for example we love Svarik and Conrad, if all they do is kingly things and ruling, it's not enough material to play with... I also really adore what we're doing with the play, I'd like it to be the meaningful crowning moment, the icing on the cake - that could be that moment when Death is ready to heal and find himself. In general, though, I think both Tide and Death would  benefit a lot from an adventure and journey that'd test their resolve and will, and be a big experience - as Hans is mostly the one that makes plans and decisions in their bond and now he's far away so Tide'll have to rely on Death more in ideas, and Death on Tide for protection. All the more, they could learn to get over the awkwardness and be honest, without fear the other will kill them if their people or situation demanded them to. The building that trust on events too would be way more interesting that on just talks - giving both of them chances to show concern and care for the other and stick together. as they deal with problems they come across. I can see Death is hard to play, but maybe we can address that and give him chance to act more in tune with his nature? We could give him more chance and space to not have to be passive, but decide for himself what he wants to do and be, instead of it having decided for him, because he wants it, not because the world needs it...

P.S. Btw, I love the idea you have with the trap in the play, that it is only activated at the time of the premiere. Since Senecio asked Tide many times if they want to delay it for later but demon just felt it's just the right time, he'll be sort of partially responsible to an actor getting hurt for listening to him... I can't help it, I just love little details like that, when just a little delay or change of plan could have helped a character avoid danger... butterfly effect and what-ifs are great (:

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
(OOC: So what happens that sends them on the journey? It must be something that endangers White and the others if they don't flee...)

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
They continued in this awkward dance for a while, but suddenly Death froze. "They are coming..." he whispered.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Even Tide, who was often rather slow when given vague information, could not mistake that tone and expression - by it was obvious whoever was coming were not friends, nor were they good news.

" Who?' he asked uneasily, thousand possibilities raising in his mind." Spirits? Demons? Demon hunters sent from Spirit kingdom? Rogue Beings out for revenge?  " He  glanced at Xia, trying not to alarm the creature that appeared clueless to their worries. " Are they after you, or me and Xia?"

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Demon hunters," Death said shakily. "They don't know about you, though. They must be after me... because of Ben..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Because you want to reborn him as a demon, not a Spirit... " Tide realized suddenly - as the story of how Death decided to after all this time do such a thing, even for a friend, must have been one of the things that had given Tide courage to face him in the first place. Now he was alarmed, though. " Do they want to change your mind? " he bit his lip, but he sounded rather serious as he added. " You won't... actually change your mind, will you? "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, they want, and no, I won't," Death said. "You and Xia should leave. Maybe I should, too..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Really, you think? " Tide couldn't help but stutter a little more sharply, as he stood up, adding urgently, as who knows what images run through his mind with that. " You have not seen what they are capable of in their anger... There's no way we can let them catch us alive. One is hard enough to deal with, and if they have banded together, or worse, if there is some strong one or some fire bender with them on top, it could get really bad... " he shook his head firmly. " If you stay behind, they maybe won't manage to change your mind, but they will certainly try to... There's no way I'm leaving you here. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death did not disagree. "That would be safest for everyone here," he said and stood up. "Let's not lose any time."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Do we have minutes at least? I'll go pack some food quickly, that's most urgent, " he said, watching Death with some worry. " White a short note to Nameless that... we will be safe, so he's not worried. But we should leave as soon as we can. I didn't see Erdel today, is he around, or did you tell him he could leave for the mountains already? If he's already gone, he should be safe, if not, I must warn him to leave too. If he goes east while we go south, we'll have better chances to fool them. I must urgently tell Simbel to hide too - he's not a demon, but he is using the vampiric body for a vessel, he should hide immediately, so they wouldn't wish to damage it. He loves it so dearly, my heart would break if it happened. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Erdel already left. You go and do that while I write the note," Death said. "Warn the vampires as well, they should go east as well, at least for a few days."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide nodded, and he rushed to warn everyone and pack food, leaving Death to Xia's care, for now, that stood up too and supported him from a side so he would not fall, seeing their urgency and appearing anxious too.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death was able to write and talk about something else in the same time, so he explained Xia what is going on while writing a note to Nammy, shorter than he would like.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Knowing they have a matter of moments and every second of headstart is precious, Tide wasted no time on courtesy, as lives were at stake. He returned very soon, and his bag, previously filled with his dear things, makeup and trinkets, was now full of food instead, and he left lute behind, however regretful he was of that one. He didn't mention it, though, as something else was more urgent. He a little hesitantly offered Death the little bag, where the puppy named Eight was sleeping in its tiny form.
" It has a little demonic origin in it, however faint, " he explained. " I can't leave it here, it goes with us. Could you please carry it? I have to carry bag with food, and wouldn't want to drop it. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death peeked into the bag. "A puppy? If it allows me tp carry it, I can take it..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's really tame, it'll be a breeze. Here, " he said, and carefully handed him the bundle. The puppy shifted a little in its nap, but as it wasn't threatened, it continued sleeping in Spirit's hold.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death took it, and when he saw that the puppy is calm, he nodded. "Let's go," he said regretfully, but urgently.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Urgency also helped against Tide's inhibitions, at least right in that moment. He wasted no time, and he helped Death climb upon Xia as fast as they could, and sat down behind him. As soon as they were seated, Xia that was now informed of the danger only briefly and a little sorrowfully looked around, as she felt a loss at not being able to say goodbye to everyone or pack anything herself - before she spread her magnificent wings and flew off immediately.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death was looking back for all the time, searching for pursuers but also regretful about leaving Nammy behind.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
It was a very sudden leave, and everyone had regrets over it. To just leave a safe place in the middle of the night, with barely any goodbye and bare necessities - it was reality Tide knew all too well.
He noticed Death's gaze after a while, and grew thoughtful.

" I am sorry... I know how it is." He whispered as they flew after a moment." I didn't have time to say goodbye to anyone but SImbelmyne Silver, either, and even that only for  he helped me pack food. But it's best like this. When they find out you're not there, they won't linger there too long... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I hope so. Where are we going then? Do you have some plan? I'm afraid you're the one who has more experience with this..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
The weight of the decision seemed to fall on Tide quite unexpectedly so - and he actually chuckled a little nervously.
" I thought you had a plan... I admit plans are not my strongest suit. I am good at evading hunters, but not on this terrain. I stayed alive because I never ventured too deep into the continent and remained close to shore, where I have most power. " He admitted a bit more quietly, but he added more firmly." One thing I am sure of... Is that it has to be south. If we can, reach the sea. They can not dry out or restrain the ocean - it's our biggest asset. Other than that, we should remain close to water sources, for protection and drinks - I brought some water, but only in three water bottles, as it was more important to bring lot of food for you, as you and pup are only ones that drink. Oh, and eat. Speaking of it, I packed the gold I have left. It's not a lot, but we'll need it to buy food if we stop by in some city - we need to make sure we don't run out of it, for not eating well could really worsen your health..." He blushed a little, embarrassed." So I guess it's more of a bullet point list, than a concrete plan, I fear... "
12345 ... 69