Svarik and the company I :)

1 ... 10111213141516 ... 100

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"It's curious I never saw it marked in any map..." Svarik said. "But I trust the memory of someone that lived as long as you more than current maps. I'll gladly accept your suverenity, and amend the maps," he smiled, pressing Emil's hand. "But that's as much official business as I'm willing to do now.  As I said, I came here as a simple traveler wishing to look at an interesting waterfall, and finding yours and your father's hospitality was very unexpected to me, but very welcome..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Then we can keep this between us at least for now. I can see you are weary at heart, and it's not like I am all that into public relations, either. Have you ever seen a ten year old interested in laws and politics, for real? " Emil waved away his hand gently and gracefully, wishing to, indeed, like until now, honor laws of hospitality as diligently as his father and make sure his guests are well tended to and pleased.
 " I shan't force you to speak kingly to me, and our views on who king is probably differ anyway. I am rather curious about you and your companions, though. If you would be ever so kind, I would like to learn more of you and how you came to be the way you are. If there is something more you desire to know, I can tell it to you in return. Or if you do not desire some peculiar knowledge right now, I'd be pleased to trade some sweet marmalade, jams, sherbet or juices I love making for my people in exchange for some delightful knowledge about what you find dear and what you find pleasant. We can make a simple deal, as one human to another. " boy said pleasantly and tenderly, by his kind behavior and gentle spirits, being apparent he likes Svarik and wishes to meet him better and stay in good spirits with him.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I already told much about myself to your father, so you can ask him about it. It's a rather tiresome story, and I don't feel like repeating it today, but we can talk about other things over a cup of your juice..." Svarik suggested.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I don't meet him much lately - he rarely shows up so I would not stay there for too long or got sick. I got sick quite a few times during centuries, and these days, he rarely risks spending much time with me... I really hope he will make exception this time, though, for I am very interested in you.  " Emil noted. " But you are right, dear guest - everything is better with some nice juice! Please, do follow me for a bit to the side, I will give you quite the treat - any juice you wish to choose from my special storage. " boy exclaimed, and gently he waved his hand, and invited his guests to follow him.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I wondered if you still get sick by his aura, being his son," Svarik said thoughtfully as he followed Emil. "It's quite unfortunate for demons, contributing to their bad name. Why is it that demons have such an aura and spirits don't? Their essences seem to burn each other... I have some flowers that are of spirit origin, and cleanse the demonic aura from your body. I will eat some tomorrow so I can spend a day with him, so maybe you could try them as well. But if you have a share of his essence in you, it might not work, or might even burn you. If you want to try it, you should be very careful. But if it works, I could bring you more, so you can spend more time with him - if the owner of the flowers agrees, because they are a gift..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" If you have them, they will probably burn me or make me feel unwell, alas. If I had a child, and he had a child, after dozen of generations, blood of my descendants would get diluted enough with human one to lean so much to human one that you can treat them as humans - but there is too much of Cernunnos's blood in me as it is. " Emil explained patiently. " And there are lot of prejudges tied to demons, that we have little understanding over. As humans, I mean, we are all generally raised to lean on sides of Spirits, though it truth, as humans, we are just in the middle of the specter, neutral party just between them, able to wed and have children with both. " kid shook his head. " First big misconception is exactly what you speak of - miasma around him. It is not his aura. Demonic aura is not the same as miasma that sips into our world from them. Auras of demons are actually very pleasant and soothing to be around... When demons are healthy. When they are healthy and happy, their joy can charm and make people around them happy and healthy too. But miasma is a side effect that is produced when demons are ill, furious, fearful, or in lot of pain. When demons are upset greatly, they feel so vulnerable and their feelings are so strong they manifest and sip into our world in form of miasma. Miasma is not some kind of  soul of demons... " child smiled, as if he deemed such attitude something almost bemusing. " It is only result of their negative emotions. I am sure my father told you... Creatures you humans prefer to call demons are very emotional, and emotions drive them. Positive makes them thrive and stay true to themselves - while negative leads to anxiety, anger, depression, aggression, grief, even physical pain... That is so strong and fierce that it makes miasma. It is but strength of those negative feelings that makes that miasma thick and hard to leave, and makes us, sensitive to perceiving feelings of others, ill.  "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I did not know that," Svarik said wonderingly. "It seems to me that not even the spirits I know are familiar with that fact. From the demons I met, I had the impression that the more powerful is the demon, the stronger is the miasma. I wondered if I will be able to be around Xia, if she gets stronger... It's a relief to know it's not like I though. But it's sad that the miasma makes it hard to approach them when they most need help..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" That is sad indeed, and as sad is, that Spirits judge without knowing. The simplest I can explain is that miasma is a defense mechanism, actually. Think about it. When squids of the sea get scared, they release ink into sea around them, and ink helps them escape their predators and enemies. It's same with demons - when they are frightened, they release lot of miasma around them, so that creatures that haunt them would grow weaker and so they could escape to safety and live another day. It is a very sound answer of evolution from primordial times... But once society of both Spirits and demons grew sophisticated enough so they could make peace intellectually, the helpful defense mechanism became a nuisance. " Child explained a touch sadly, his very ancient patient father probably telling him many archaic and interesting bits from demonic history and culture.

" It's not easy, for creatures you call demons, to exist among us, once illness, mental of physical, corrupts them. Even worse is that once demon is reborn and becomes Spirit, Spirits just erase memory of his ever being demon, and treat him as if he was always their own and pretend he never existed... It erases and appropriates our culture. Did you know, by chance, that mother of earth and soil, Gaia, was originally a demon upon her growing into existence, before she died and became Spirit? Spirits are ever so proud of who she is now and she is worshiped and revered, yet, they ignore fact her warm, safe and gentle nature is remnant of who she was before her transformation. She is, as odds are, in that way, ancestress of many demons and Spirits alike, despite Spirits pretend it's not so. Cernunnoss was grandson of Gaia while she was demon, and in you, I sense the scent of her blood distantly too - you probably have not demon, but some kind of forest nymph, a Spirit, somewhere in your ancestry, kind guest. " boy smiled  a little, observing Svarik's face and is curious if his knowledge is an interesting treat to him. " When you think about it, we are in fact, distantly related, isn't that funny? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Morning Dew," Svarik nodded. "From her father's side she is related to Solstice, but I didn't really know her ancestry from her mother's side..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes, it's not that unheard of - having Solstice on one side and Mother earth on other side of family ancestry is quite well balanced combination, for a nymph. She would both love the Sun and soil equally. If you inherited lot from her like your eyes and hair says, then you should understand. If Sunlight makes you feel at peace and complete, it's what you got from Solstice, if soil makes you feel safe and connected to the land, it's a soft echo of Gaia's blood in you. " Boy nodded, with interest imagining Spirit king talked about. " Morning Dew you speak of is probably quite young by Spirit and demon standards, though. For a long time, Gaia was a Demon, and was once a Demon Queen, our first ruler and shiniest star. But a very powerful Spirit fell in love with her, and her refusal to be with him enraged him. You need to understand, she had grand powers of the earth, but she is ever too gentle, and not that good in using her powers in anything but making things grow. Spirit forced himself upon her, and she was too shocked to manage to defend herself. It was awful. Death found out what was happening and saved her, but damage was already done - she grew ill from pain and trauma, and as her domain was whole earth, all the land through all holy tress became poisonous from her miasma like a thick cloud and lands started to die. Most of the animals of that time got extinct  in matter of moments... It was largest extinction since world began, and life of that time nearly perished under weight of her pain. In the end, she decided to die willingly, so she would no longer pollute her beloved earth with her pain. She was born anew, a Spirit, healed by Death and not remembering anything from her former life and humiliation, while Spirit who humiliated her was punished, yes, though but by erasing his memory... It was very upsetting event for demon kin. For once, yes, because they were enraged because her ill doer was not punished more, as well as because Spirits were blaming Gaia for all destruction in world, not her torturer. For second, it was as severe shadow upon their future and equallity of power between two races - demons lost their queen, and balance of powers among Spirits and Demons was compromised seriously. Spirits used to have Solstice who gave light to earth through sunlight, and we had Gaia who with her fertility enables everything to grow upon her and enabled life to thrive, so we were equal... But after this event, Spirits had both most vital figures for enabling life, and demon kin keeps long grunges and remembers ill done to them ever so keenly - they never forgot or forgave what happened. Despite Death helped her, you see, he was never really forgiven, either, for letting go of her violator so easily and not punishing him more. Recollection of that event still enrages demons of that time to this day. I am grateful, though, that from all that ill - at least it had glimmer of good coming from it and it made it possible for someone like you to live, with both Solstice and Gaia in their ancestry. I like you quite much. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I never knew about history between demons and spirits so ancient..." Svarik murmured. "Well, I'm glad Morning Dew was born, but I'm sorry demons were so misunderstood since those times. I though the war started some time when Death's fairies were killed. Did this happen before that still?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Many, many eons before, at times when demons and Spirits just started to form coherent society and made peace in order to exist equally in the Last Layer they all preffered. That start of Being's civilization was long before time of humans, so most of both species had much more primitive forms as well - of animals, lizards, early birds. Humans exist for but around 3 million years, while death of Gaia happened around 65 million years or so. Compared to time of that incident, war Death started is much more recent - it lasts for but around 1 million years, kind guest. At times Great Wars started, hunter gathering societies of humans were in its infancy, and their mythologies and stories were affected greatly by rogue Spirits and Demons both that were always going back and forth, Spirits hunting down Demons and Demons in turn slaying Spirits. Cernunnos never had peace for such a long time, always being on the run to evade both sides, and he was caught only when he settled down at last, couple thousand of years in the past, here in the first layer in his newfound kingdom, kind guests. Yes, war was pretty terrible... But suffering of both sides did not start there. First, before peace was even made, there was lot of blood spilled on both times, and then, in time between loss of Gaia, and start of The Great Wars, kind Svarik, it's not like things were easy either. Great Wars did not start precisely in the moment when those fairies were killed, alas. Unrest and animosity, I believe, from what my father told me, was building up long before that, and those deaths were but final straw for Spirit King. I understand how he must had felt it was injustice, that demons gave him such trouble over one decision he had made so long ago no matter how much he tried to help us afterwards - but you need to understand, my guest, that demons never regained trust in him ever since. For demons, keeping person that defiled Gaia alive was unforgivable injustice, and besides,  it was not only problem they faced. You are more than right when you say they were misunderstood. Spirits had always deemed themselves the most supreme form of beings, something everyone should strive to be, most pure and sublime - and they looked down upon humans, animals, and demons equally. Demons could feel that, and such attitude was enraging to them - like a shard of glass in their minds, a blame for their very nature. Even since first time demons and spirits made peace, for all that time, happiest demons were, honestly, but those that lived in relative isolation and distance from Spirits, like my father, who filled his time with taking care of younglings instead of focusing on politics and whatnot. Had he been more involved with Spirit kin, I believe, their attitude would have probably poisoned my father against them more greatly, too. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik glanced at Erdel shortly. "I think even White is young, compared to that... He probably doesn't know much of it, being born into the war already..." he said, hopeful that White might be more tolerant to demons once he learns the truth.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Like during the most of the day, vampire seemed quite withdrawn - there had been lot of ancient  history of race he now belonged to thrown down his throat in rather short time, and he seemed not sure what to think, trying just to be silent and gather as much information as possible from someone who knew about war from demon's perspective, so he just listened.

" White... Do you perhaps mean on White Eagle? " Emil was one that suddenly stopped a little as if name alarmed him in some way, as if contemplating something. " He was famous demon slayer. He tried to hunt down my father for a long time. I do not know what that awful Spirit knows or what he knows not of our kin - but he has quite a reputation for his heartless slaying of demons. Please, I will have to plead you for one thing, - do not tell him of us, kind guest. " Boy turned to king suddenly and appealed with concealed worry and urgency in his voice. " My father has suffered enough, and he does not mean ill to anyone. If you tell White Eagle where we are, there will be trouble. He slays us like cattle - old, young, helpless, it means nothing to him, as long as there is one less demon in the world. If you respect me and my father as your hosts, please, don't bring such trouble upon our doors. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"You don't have to fear about that," Svarik said quietly. "White Eagle is dead. The only Being in history who truly died, his essence passing beyond the layers..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Really? " Boy asked a little wonderingly. He didn't speak for a moment, processing that info, trying to see if he can believe king about such important thing- before he nodded slowly. " If.. You had known him, I am sorry for your loss... But with some shame, I will admit I am somewhat relieved he can't hurt my father anymore. " Emil replied quietly. " I apologize, kind guest... But if he is dead, then the justice is done - I see you may believe he is the only Being that truly died, but for demons, it is White Eagle, who was one ending their lives for good for way too long. If you know anyone that hanged out with demons, you should know - in their hearts, once their mind is erased when they die, for them, it is the most ultimate end and loss of identity and life... What happens to their soul is irrelevant, and it is as irrelevant if their soul bears body of another Spirit - once Death erases their mind, it's the true and ultimate end for them. Demons are in some ways like bees, kind master - they all belong to one family, one big hive, and they call feel presences of one another as their own presence. When demon becomes a Spirit others can no longer feel him or share feelings and thoughts with him, and for the hive, he is truly gone, forever. Since Gaia, it doesn't matter how many Demons were killed and became Spirits - for demons, each of those deaths were permanent, for once mind of demon is erased, demon is gone in their eyes, forever. If White Eagle died, he is first Spirit to die, then - but as how demons sow end of existence, demons have died in numbers by the thousands, my poor dear guest, since White Eagle decided he should purge the world from handful of them that were still free after worst of the war had passed... I apologize that I can only be glad that my father is safe from him...  "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik nodded sadly, feeling it's not a good time to tell Emil about White's pond, and maybe it never be. "Shall we maybe share a drink and speak of some more pleasant topics?" he suggested.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I am sorry if I saddened or spoiled your mood with ill words, dear guest... I can't help it not to get talkative when people misunderstand demons and there are misunderstandings I can so easily clear, and I wouldn't have bothered you with questions about White Eagle, had I not feared for my father, for I love him ever so dearly, and I didn't look after him for so long to see him gone now. Please, forgive me, and by all means, come dear guests, let us find something nice for you to drink... " boy said, now that fear for Cernunnos subsided already back to sounding softer, more gentle, like usual until now.

They were already before one door in the complex of the garden, that led to a nice little room - it was filled with many shelves, and each shelf was staked to top with various juices, honey and special jams of all kinds. Room itself was rather peculiar, as, despite by looks appearing normal, it had some kind of magic artifact powered cooling system, so that inside of it was as cold as in the coldest winter day, which made supplies last much longer than they would be had they just be kept at room temperature.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik watched it curiously, letting Emil decide what to take for them. While Emil was choosing, he held Sunshine, warming her in his arms.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
After Erdel declined to drink politely, boy lingered for a moment, before for himself and king he chose some strawberry and apple juice so they could switch between them as they liked, and after he took the bottles of the cool beverage and glasses, he closed the little door, and asked Svarik if there is a place in the garden where he wishes for them to sit down and relax with a drink.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Anywhere," Svarik smiled. "The whole garden is very nice. But the bees are asleep, so somewhere further from them, to not disturb them."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Aright, then, beside right beside beehives, I will show you what is my second favorite spot here. " Boy said gently, and led them to the other side, where there were lot of vegetables and miniature trees with lot of tiny fruits and berries and strawberries alike. There were couple smaller benches, and their host made sure they sat down and were comfortable there before he sat down himself.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik sat down and took a cup of apple juice. "Now, I know I said we should change the topic, but I keep wondering: please, assume that all we know about demons are the common misconceptions. Is there something else that we should learn before speaking with your father tomorrow?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Way too many things, I assume - but I assure you, my father grew quite forgiving over the years about it. If he chased away everyone that thought ill of our kin, we wouldn't have even the little guests we have now. That's why I always avoid explaining what my father actually is to people that do come, so they would not judge him on eons old misconceptions or acts of others. " Boy said. " But if you really wish to know, kind guests... First thing that fall on my mind, is the name itself. *Demon*. Such word is actually a rather nasty term, meant to offend the speaker, it is a slur, if you will. You say demon when you wish to call them lowly, unclean, infested. Word used to mean *divine*, but over time, with Great War, its meaning was corrupted, and humans came to associate it with only negative connotations and think of our auras as something that needs to be scorched from the earth, not as something that gives world more flavor and life. I avoided saying it, but it's hard to adjust to using it, and it lingers heavily on my ears... And father says that for demons, it's borderline insulting. Word *genie* is a slur as well of same meaning. There are so many, much nicer words... We used to be called *kami* by humans initially and it was my father's favorite word, but since wars, this human term came to mean on Spirits instead of us, and we were lost from it... Word *yokai* used to include both of us, Spirits and *Demons* alike, but since Spirits embraced being called *kami*, term yokai came to be more associated just with us, kind guest... So, *yokai* may be the closest nice word on human language you can call my father with... "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I apologize, although I didn't know that the term is offensive to you," Svarik said. "I haven't really heard any of the two used by people - neither kami nor yokai. Maybe the terms got forgotten during the ages. In that case you maybe could return to kami, if it's what your father prefers. And what about the term Beings? It should encompass both races too, from what I know. Is that alright to use or is it offensive in some sense too? It seems the language shifted quite a lot since the wars..."
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 100