Death and Tide

1 ... 3456789 ... 69

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I know I can't change it, but I can still feel bad about it. You've said I've kept you safe... Do you not feel obliged to at least indulge me a tiny little bit? " demon bit his lip, as he tried to sit up with discomfort, but he couldn't right now, as he lost too much blood and his body refused to move until it gets some rest and heals up - but despite pale and sick, he clearly seemed restless, almost like he's afraid he'd be denied answers if he obliged to Death's demands and gives him what he wants right away. " The wounds can wait... Just be damn honest to me for once. You're being all high and mysterious as if you're above all this... I can't tell what you're thinking. " he asked tensely. " If it's not anger, what is it? Are you disappointed with me? Are you staking up reprimands for later? Or are you taking it hard too but trying to be all practical instead and ignore your inner voice? You are the one that said I should relax. I can't if I don't know what you're thinking... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I am being damn honest and telling you what I'm thinking all the time," Death shrugged helplessly. "I am not angry, I am not dissappointed, I am just annoyed that you don't let me do my damn job as a healer. I am holding his soul now, okay? That's what matters. I want to tend to your wounds and then explain Xia what just happened so it would not leave stain on her, and I would like you to help me with that. Or you can listen as well and have your answers, if you think you are lacking them. But I would like to take enough time for that, so please, let me do the healing first."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
That seemed to placate Tide a little bit, as he cared for Xia deeply and he wanted to ease her too.
" That... Sounds like a plan already... Alright. Yes. I like having that. My plans suck..." he sighed." So let's try yours... " He brought himself to smile  a little fraily, as he accepted the help at last, and timidly, as if encouraging himself, he offered him his butchered hand.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"That's better..." Death smiled a little and took the hand gently, supporting it with one hand and using the other one to heal the wounds. His fingers were cool and soft like silk, and they were leaving a pleasant numbness instead of pain with their first touch. With the second, the wounds started to mend.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide moaned a little as the pain started to ease. He was still little tense at first, but as it felt soothing, he slowly leaned into the touch and looked down at the creature's fingers. He seemed to feel a little drowsy, and maybe it and the reassuring feeling has made a bit of his playfulness shine through. He was smiling a little bit, and that smile widened when he tried to move his hand and there was no pain. He smiled mischeviously then.

" Oh, look! You're dropped something on the ground, little prince..." He murmured sleepily, and pretended to pick up and observe something." Let's see... It's an apology. It says - I am sorry for making your job difficult. You should berate me and remember this so you can call me out on it next time I act stupid, too... make sure to remind me not to be a big baby... " He whispered, and he pretended to kiss the little note, and then blow it away so it can *fly* to it's destination.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death smirked a little and pretended to fold the note and put it into his pocket. "I'll keep it for future use," he said and proceeded to heal his other wounds.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
It seemed that the little acceptance of the gesture lifted Tide's mood a little bit, as he knew it was a silly one, but he was pleased Spirit responded to it. As one of his hands was healed, he seemed pleased to be able to use it, and while Death kept healing him, he began caressing and fondling Xia lightly with it, to reassure her he's fine, not speaking though, as he did not want to moan or stutter and worry her further. Caressing Xia, he was able to distract himself from being healed by someone, something, not counting Death's previous healing of his fingertips, he had no experience in.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death finished the healing after a while, and then leaned back and caressed Xia as well. "How do you feel?" he asked her in demonic language.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia indeed seemed to be distressed and unsure of it all, as the only thing keeping her from asking questions was Tide's hurt. Now that he was better, she wanted to give voice to her feelings, but she seemed overwhelmed - as if too many questions were trying to be pushed all at once.
" We aren't going to eat him... are we? Is that why we lit the fire? " was the first thing creature managed to stutter, as if she subconsciously feared they brought the body with them to use it for food, and if killing and eating animals was hard for her to understand in the first place - this thought seemed to completely dumbfound and horrify her.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"No, we aren't," Death reassured her. "We will just take some of his things, as he doesn't need them now. He is a Spirit, you know? He is not dead for good... I'm holding his soul, and will help him to be reborn in some time. We had to kill him because he hunted us, but he will not remain dead. I will explain him that he doesn't need to hunt us and then return him to life."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" So he's safe... like father, right? Here, in you. He was just hurting for a little moment, too... but he's okay now? " the creature asked, still not quite sure. " And... Fater is good. But he... he was not.  Will he... really not come after us? " she added, as her look, with some tenseness, fell to the heavy sword the hunter used on Tide. " What if he pretends he's going to be good, but then comes back and attacks us again? "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, he is safe. And there is no pretending in me. I will only let him out when I am sure that he won't attack us again, okay? You don't need to fear him anymore."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Little animal nodded, as it clearly brought her some relief, as she seemed rather afraid that he'd come anew after them. The whole concept was still new and strange to her, but thankfully, because of experience with her father dying, she was able to connect the dots better, although slowly. She struggled with the concept for a bit more of thought, but after both Tide and Death caressed her, she finally seemed a little less restless, and she glances at the body again, with a little less fear. She then gazed back at Death, this time watching him with worry instead of Tide.
" My friend Death... is pale. He needs to eat. Xia is thinking... Xia is maybe... too judgy? " she inquired then, looking at Spirit unsure. " He's not here anymore... He's safe with Death. " she licked his hand shyly. " It's... It's just the body, and Xia understood Tide says we need to be careful with food... If you do want to eat... Xia will understand. Xia will still be a friend... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"No," Death said decisively. "I do not want to eat it. We will just take a few things we need. Could you do that, please?" he asked Tide. "You can take his sword, and whatever useful he has."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia nodded, and she leaned against Death closely, snuggling with him, sensing his distress.
Tide nodded and turned to the body. He shivered lightly, as it was a clearly uncomfortable and daunting task, and he seemed a little bit like he was sick to his stomach. He knew he could do this at least, though, so he gathered the resolve and knelt beside the body and began searching it for anything useful.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
The spirit had a sword and a crossbow with several bolts. There was also a very small bag with bandages and healing ointments and herbs on his belt, as hunting demons was a job that often led to injury.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide's face lit up a little with it, as it was small but valuable thing, as his hand was hurting quite badly since he had to wash it in a dirty water while making a trap for the Spirit. He took it aside, but he looked thoughtful about weapons.
" Should we take them or not? I don't really know how to use either of those well - I am more of a bare hands fighter. Do you want any of those or are we leaving them? I'd feel bad for destroying his things, but it could be worse if they take it and use it against us. Do you think it's poisoned?" He said suspiciously, he was measuring up   the bolts and croswbow.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"But fighting with bare hands against a sword has the disadvantage of smaller reach," Death said. "Maybe you should take the sword, just in case they attack us when we're not close to water. In other case, it works if you can hold them still while I give the killing blow. They are after me, it is my honorable duty to them."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I don't know to use the sword, so isn't it just as useless to carry a sword you can't use as nothing?" Tide asked at a loss, seeming a little frustrated." You're right this is not handy form for fight... Because I never fought in it when I fight seriously. This is my *pretty* form. For hanging out and being friendly. But damn it..." He gritted his teeth powerlesly." This stupid hand... It is a strain to change form. And some of my best defensive forms are on all fours, so I can't use those at all. Getting mud and dirt to it or revealing such weakness could end us killed. Washing it with muddy water was bad enough. It is the worst possible moment for our lives to depend on me. " he sighed." Fighting with only one hand, like this.."

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"You could also take the crossbow if you are more comfortable with that," Death said. "Or I will show you some basics with the sword. Maybe it could even the disadventage a bit. And give me the healing supplies, I can take care of your hand while we speak."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I guess... maybe you could show me a trick or two... I'm terrible at hitting things, so crossbows have little use to me, especially when there's so little ammunition. But maybe you could teach me some basics? I never needed it before, but I guess... it seems I need it now. "  But Tide handed him the supplies shyly. Suddenly he raised his eyebrows and his face lit up hopefully. " Wait... what about your sword, though? I don't think I have mind fit for violence, at least not in general. I just want to protect you guys. Could I be able to use it? The hunter's sword is sharp, but it still is plain compared to yours. Maybe it could make a difference for someone unskilled as I, to have it. I don't think it's wise for a demon to be seen with your sword, but maybe that could be an illusion you can help me with next time? You could just make it look different. I noticed you seem to use two hands for it, but you're tinier than me, I could use it in one if you could teach me. I mean, if it's possible, I really... Would rather like borrowing from you than, you know... stealing... Plus, their friend must have been close to them. Maybe our pursuers could track us down easier if we take something as huge and meaningful as their fallen comrade's sword. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"You could try my sword if you think you will be able to use it better than this one, but in that case I will take his. I would like to be able to defend myslef, if they manage to get through you," Death said.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I see... If it suits me better, it'd be better for me to use it, so I can have higher chances to do as much as I could on my own. At least, if you're okay, I'd like to try to use yours in the battle. " he admitted quietly, but there was some determination in his voice. " You say you are fine with dealing the final blow... But I am not fine with you doing that. You barely admitted moments ago that fight with Grendel was your first and last serious fight. I should have known... I've heard of a legend about your human life. Not even once in it, you killed anyone, and you went out of your way not to do that. That was the whole point of the story. I should have figured it out, but I'm a fool. I was too scared to figure it out... " creature seemed to find it improper to initiate contact, but it seemed it needed to mark its intent as serious, and as Death was tending to his hand, he traced his knuckles lightly with his fingertip. " I'm... a little rusty, and this body is not used to fighting... but I'll do better with practice, you see. If I fight better next time, you won't have to do that mercy thing again... You're merciful enough for taking care of them. You shouldn't be going through any of that. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I feel like I owe it to them, though," Death said. "And like I ask from you something that I have no right for. The choice is not between death and life here. Death can't be avoided and in that case, I feel more at peace when I take it upon myself."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Be real with me - do you really mean it, or are you just saying that you're fine because you feel like you ask me something you have no right to ask for?  " Tide asked him seriously. " Because this is not something you are asking me for. I'm the one that wants to do it. You are right - this is not a choice between death and life. If it was, I'd be the first to call you and let you heal them. But since death can't be avoided, I would rather deliver them to you, then have you dirty your hands. You fell from weariness the day we met, and now you had to walk around and use a sword and exert so much. " he whispered. " Why do you think it'd be my preference for you to struggle? "
1 ... 3456789 ... 69