Death and Tide

1 ... 45678910 ... 69

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I can fight for a moment, but not too long," Death said. "And it would better if I can avoid fighting. But in a situation like today, when the enemy is defeated or held still, I can be the one to give the final blow. It is honourable."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide thought about it, before he nodded slowly.
" Let's set some boundaries... " He said in the end." You can do it only if situation is like this - if it is to speed up suffering, and I am restraining the enemy, and unable to end it myself. But in case things get really tough... You must promise me you won't come to try to help me. Even if it seems worth the risk. I... If I died, you'll bring me back, right? You said you would." He whispered." You mustn't die though. I was thinking... You said three hour is a minimum for me to return - safely. But that got me wondering  a bit. I remembered in some cases like with Solstice, you push rebirth to happen before due time. If your life is in danger... Is there chance you can do something like that to me? Push my soul out of you sooner?" He asked tensely." I am aware it will probably hurt or have bad side effects for my soul... But you yourself has given me this unnerving image of you fighting for your life alone if I am slain. If I die, I'd like to return as soon as possible, even if not reborn just right - if your hiding place is discovered and you only have that option. You can't fight alone for long. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Solstice and others spirits of stars are a special case. I don't really hold their soul in the true sense, I just let it pass through their star to be reborn. The other souls pass through the nearest Heart when they are ready. If you get a mortal wound it must be healed, otherwise you would return to just die of it again. Three hours is my estimate of healing such a wound and passing through the Heart. It can't be done faster. But I'm thinking, in the worst case, I could keep you alive for a while even with a mortal wound, if I constantly heal you. I need to be touching you for that, but touching your cloak could be enough, not to heal the wound, but to prevent it from killing you."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Is it tiring for you or not? " Tide asked hesitantly. " Because, I know it would probably not be pleasant for either of us, mentally or physically., to stretch like that... But you're too ill to defeat them should they attack you, and Xia is not a fighter, so we don't know how long she could defend you.  I think we have much higher chances if we both do what we can best. If it seems worth the risk, I'd rather fight for longer even if it is on the border of life and death, then leave it up for a chance. Three hours is a too long time. " he said thoughtfully. " We don't know how strong formation you and Xia could make in that case... So, in case I do die, until I return to life, just run and hide, alright? Xia is a pretty fast flyer, so unless there's a Sun Spirit among their ranks, you do have solid chances to evade them for a little bit if you make no brakes. Remember - if I die, you'll still have my cloak and mask to wear. " he reminded him. " At the very least, they'll think you're a demon, not you. It's got both good and bad attached to the ruse, but at least under the guise of a demon, you wouldn't be a priority for them, as they seek for Death, and that might muddle your trail, I hope. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"The further I am, the more tiring it would be to keep healing you like that" Death said. "Try to avoid mortal wounds, yes? And if you already get one, try to finish off all enemies so we don't have to run. Otherwise, we run until you can be reborn."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide nodded.
" Could I try out your sword, please...? " he asked tamely, suggestion. " You could eat in meantime. You should have a good meal. Just don't open and eat from the wooden box on the side, okay? It has the two golden apples Erdel got - one he got for you and one he got for Melody. I don't know if we'll get to use any, we should wait when you're ready, but I thought we should bring them with us, just in case this hunt gets longer. " he smiled a little frailly. " Keep them safe, just don't use them by accident, of course... If you have to throw away the bag, make sure you take that one thing from it.  "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"It's good that you thought of them," Death said. "You can try the sword, if you want, but I'm not sure if there's enough space here."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I don't plan to swing around. Just get familiar, that's all. " Tide explained readily. " I heard it can burn people that are unworthy of it and all that... I'd like to check out to see if it'll burn me as I hold it. You could say, with one burnt hand, it's not a thing I'd like to be surprised about in the middle of the battle. I don't want my greed to put us into any bigger trouble when it's the worst moment. We should probably get going soon, so I wouldn't have enough time to train properly, anyway, so I just want to hold it and try it out for a while... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Alright," Death agreed. "I don't think it will burn you, though."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I don't really know, but I'm an anxious mess right now, so I'd rather try and be sure before we discuss anything else. " demon chuckled a little nervously, and he leaned forth a little, and hesitantly first touched with his finger, and then worked up the courage to take the offered weapon.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death held it for him hilt first, in an almost formal act as he handed him tge sword. Tide could feel a slight tingling in his hand as he took it, but no burning.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
It seemed that demon subconsciously feared that, despite all his good intentions, he might not be worthy enough to hold a splendid sword, not good or pure enough to wield it. But when he realized Death is right after all, despite the danger they were in, creature grinned brightly. It was turning the sword in its hand curiously and playfully, and Death could feel a pleasant tingle of its joy and relief, shinning through the cloak that was wrapped around the Spirit.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death watched him with a little smile. "Shiny, right?" he asked. Then he reached for the food to gain some of the lost strength.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes, so... shiny... " it was the perfect word for what Tide felt, as creature indeed seemed to love to turn the sword around in its hands, watching the reflections of the fire upon the splendid magical blade. He seemed too distracted by the gleam right now to talk or offer anything, but Death could see that in limited time, Tide really packed as many nutrients and tasty food as he could - so it was no wonder that he forgot to pack medicine.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death let him admire the sword while he ate. Around that time, Senecio and Hans contacted Tide through the mirror.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide didn't realize at the first moment, but then he felt the pull from the mirror and remembered that he did actually bring it too, as he wore it in his pocket. He was suddenly a little embarrassed, as he realized he didn't explain to Death what the mirror was. He had to take the call right away, though, not to worry his friends, and he only hoped Spirit won't interrupt or be angry, as he took out the mirror and responded to it.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death understood soon what the mirror does, and he remained quiet, just watching from the side.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide was very expressive in his facial expressions, but as he mostly used an unfamiliar form of sign language, neither Xia nor Death understood much. After the talk, Tide seemed a little warmed up, but also a bit shook, and he put down the mirror thoughtfully and a little sadly.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Is everything alright?" Death asked him.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh, yes. It's just a little thing my friend got for me and Senecio. " he explained the mirror. " I've only found out about it when he was leaving. He's left me one, so he and Hans can speak to me through it. Everything's okay back home... I've just told them we're in a bit of trouble. " he admitted. " So they're just worried, that's all. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Is there some backup we could count on there?" Death asked hopefully.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
"I didn't want to ask for anything or tell them any details of where we are until I talk with you first. It wouldn't be right. " Creature admitted, feeling a pang of sadness at having to disappoint Death. " I can't ask my Spirit friend for advice... Because he'd prioritize my life in the situation. He'd make a unit of fighters to save me, but not you.  And I am not good at planning without him. " he sighed a little miserably. " I am just afraid... Of asking for help in good intention... but having to fight the people I love once they realize you're you. You're not part of my kingdom. Just my word of acceptance without proof of it may not be enough, as it may seem to them the same as it seems to Spirits in reverse - that you sow a chance in my weakness to ones that are hurt, and use me to defend you. I can't force that blood pact on you, I know you didn't have time to properly consider it, though, and you don't like me that much, anyway, so it'd just be a forced thing right now, not a real thing, not a real acceptance... " he shook his head sadly. " So it seems useful that we have a mirror, to talk to them... Maybe send some message to your Nammy and Svarik through them. But other than that, I don't really know, what I should do, or what I could ask for... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"It might be better to not involve them for now," Death agreed. "But we need to pick a direction for our flight. If we are going to the sea, are we going along the shore towards them, or rather away?"

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
That's the thing. My mansion is almost straight to the south line that leads to the sea. I've only flown it once on Sun Spirit, without stopping, but... Since neither of us knows the area well, we could maybe easier decide where to go by figuring out where we want to make stops. " demon suggested. " I have one suggestion. It's a giant crater with apparently no bottom, that seems like a death wish, but it's not. That's where is and Svarik told me Mordecai and Willow life. I heard they made you a strong medicine, but unless you packed it, we kind of forgot it... " he admitted miserably. " So since we have no other medicine for you, maybe if we plead them, they'd be willing to give us some more... Maybe they'll also have some medicine for my hand. I don't know how wise is to stay there too long, as there's only one way in and out, but it could be a good place to restock food, too. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"The Sanctuary," Death murmured. "Erdel told me about it. But the hunters have wings, I'm not sure if bringing them there is a good idea. We could go in that direction, but only enter if we are sure they are not following closely."
1 ... 45678910 ... 69