Re: Svarik and the company II

12345678 ... 250

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It depends if they are goody two shoes Spirits or more, um, morally loose. Spirits less often do stuff like those nowadays because they want to think they're pure and morally incorruptible and all... and because there are Death's laws against it now - but take it from me.. Only way that I know of on which one person can have a soul made from multiple souls, is for them to swallow and eat another Being whole, and adsorb them, body, soul and everything, till it becomes part of themselves. If there are other ways someone can have souls made of more than one kind of soul fiber, I do not know it. You are just a bit like me - you have half of new person in you... But it's still not different enough person. The new piece of soul I can see that is build for you is build to get in tune with you. I think only a soul different enough to feel different to the touch would work.. Like... When you see my soul, it looks uniform, like paper, for comparing sake... But when you touch it, you would be able to feel many different structures and various rich textures of paper, still. Your soul, on the other hand - it has two different sheets of paper, but it still has same texture, like paper made in same shop. You, for example, couldn't have two Semais, even if you tried really hard. There's just you and more tender bit of you, not you and someone else in there. You are only meant to have one, I think. I hope it helps. "

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"Just one more question," Svarik said. "What if the spirit didn't eat anone, but maybe did so in a previous life as a demon?"

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide frown, and was thinking about it for a while.
" It is.. Uncertain, I think. I am coming from my case. If.. I never died before in my life, but if something ill happened, and I died, I imagine I would be forced to convert to become a Spirit by Death, with no memory of my prior life. How would that feel... I do not know. I do not know if I have this ability just because I am product of many intertwined eaten souls, or also because I know myself so well and have so clear and genuine relationship with all that I am. I do not know if I'd keep this ability I have if I was forced to become Spirit and forget all about me and all that made me - me. I can only tell you my opinion here, I fear - if in life as a demon, that Spirit did eat someone, there there might be a chance he'll be able to have one Semai more, perhaps, but I personally think chances are more slim than realistic. "

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you," Svarik nodded. "I do not want to give them false hope."

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide's lip trembled a bit with king's sentence.
" Did they... want to be together that deeply? " he bid quietly. " Are... Are they one of, you know... Dangerous ones.. Or are they more... nice? I guess... " he cleared his throat. " I guess I wouldn't mind too much to be mediator, if it turns out there is no chance for them to bind otherwise. I would not mind. Are they Sun Spirits perchance? " he inquired carefully. " Falcon said some sun Spirits were your guests, and I always liked Sun Spirits - they were so cheerful and always more loose in their beliefs. Once I freed this little one Sun Spirit that was trapped in a bear trap and helped him heal, and he gave me his blessing, and made me a flower crown. It was nice. I guess.. I guess I wouldn't mind becoming a Semai to a Sun Spirit or such... nature Spirits and low Spirits are sweet and harmless... " he said, as if slowly trying to convince himself about it, feeling uncomfortable, as if he was asked for help but wasn't able to be helpful.

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"No, they are not sun spirits," Svarik shook his head. "I will tell you, but not to ask for your help. I will tell you so that you see that you really can't help and stop wondering if you maybe could. One of them is Death himself..."

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide tensed at the answer, seeming fearful at the mention of the name of his greatest enemy. He shuddered a little, and instructively looked around, as if expecting a shadow of darkness to reach out for him and grab him every moment now, as if mere mention of Death was enough to summon it. He realized how tense he was, and he breathed in and out deeply, to gain composure. Then, looking rather torn and tired, he embraced himself around his knees somewhat sadly.

He was quiet for a while then, till he calmed more.
" It... Is exhausting and tough. " he admitted. " Being someone with a heart soft like mine, in a world where fate can be so twisted and cold. " he complained quietly, before taking a deep breath, and clearing his voice, as he added more firmly. " Thank... Thank you for telling me. You are right.. I do not think I would be comfortable with that. It's one thing to say advise or two on how to help the evil... And whole another thing to let the evil corrupted soul to lean onto yours. I love myself. I do not want his hatred for my kin to touch me or make me filthy. I hate it when I can not help... It is a pain almost physical... But I do not want to do this. His darkness would only hurt me, and I value myself to much to be hurt for someone like that. I only want to be Semai to good people. "

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"I would never ask that from you," Svarik assured him, and embraced him around the shoulders. "I'm sorry for bringing it up..."

[...]

http://cherrizon-2.2365052.n4.nabble.com/Re-Svarik-and-the-company-II-tp2503p2611.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Svarik and the company II, click here.
NAML

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Do not be sorry... " critter leaned into his touch, respecting and trusting him. " Nightingale...Help him, if you can. Do not give him false hopes, because he's personification of force - it's highly unlikely he could have but one Semai. " he whispered, struggling for words slowly. " I am just thankful to know you would not ask from me to bind with him. I really couldn't. I mean.. I could *technically*. But it would be impure experience for me, and unpleasant for both, because of his attitudes. It would hurt me, to hear his ugly thoughts about me, as if they were mine, and it would scar me. I am sorry, little sweet Nightingale... I can only advise you on this one, and um... He was king of Spirits, isn't he? " he cleared his throat. " If anyone should know if there is anyone among Spirits with history similar to mine that could be mediator to him, someone whom he doesn't hate so, then it would be him, not me, certainly... I know wondering Spirits, but only few Spirits from Spirit world... "

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"Maybe he knows someone like that," Svarik nodded. "I will just tell him that I heard about such a possibilty, nothing more."

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" If there is anyone like this, like me, that has achieved enlightenment of such kind, then I wish him good luck. " Tide smiled mirthlessly. " I fear I can not help you any more on that subject, alas. No another person that I have ever knows was able to have more Semai. If there is such, I do not know, but certainly someone who has been King of Spirits could know if there is such person among Spirit, if there isn't one among other demons than me. "

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"Maybe he already knows about it and doesn't want to have to bind with someone else," Svarik said. "I just thought of it when you mentioned having more Semai. Let's put that behind and talk about something else before we get to your house. How about you explain me just the basics about playing the harp?"

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" That would be more fun... " demon agreed shyly, and he took it, and he beamed a little with it. When able to put the talk behind them, he seemed quite content, to teach Svarik how the instrument is played. "

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
When Svarik understood the principles, he was able to experiment with the instrument on his own, although his first tries were clumsy, since he was used to a completely different one.

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide encouraged him gently, though, and he corrected king's mistakes with skilled tutoring, and it didn't take long for Svarik to slowly get a hold of the basics.

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
It was very nice to play on the boat roaming the sea under a setting sun. They did not talk about anythhing else until they got to te harbour near Sage's house.

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Everyone helped carry Svarik's gift and souvenirs, and Tide carried king's harp, as they were climbing back up, to the mansion. Tide, Hans and Sage knew each other very well, and one cues no more complex than little nods, Tide and Sage were positioned on circle outside of group, while Hans remained in middle of the circle with Melody and Svarik, all keeping a watchful eye over their guests subtly and diligently until they got back to the same home.

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
As they walked, Svarik was quiet, thinking about the matter with Xia and food. "Can I help you to bake the pies?" he asked Melody, wishing to talk to her alone, as Xia understood many words now.

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Of course, dearest. " girl agreed. " I'd be glad for it. "
When they reached home, Tide went to babbysit Xia with Hans, up to king's room on the floor, where they waited for meal. Erdel shyly requested if he could help Melody and Svarik as well, and Sage asked the same, offering them his assistance, though he more did it for sake of subtle protection of them.

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik agreed to that, valuing their advice as well.

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Melody and Svarik then, with help of their host and demon friend, proceeded to bake and make two delicious pies, an apple and corn one.

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"Do you think we should tell Xia that plants suffer with being made into food as well?" Svarik asked Melody as the pies were baking and they waited. "She was quite distressed about the animals, and glad that she can eat something at least... Everybody is telling me how precious it is, to meet such a healthy young demon. From what I learnt about demons, they are emotional creatires, and can get corrupted with bad emotions. I do not want to lie to her, but I do not want to make her feel guilty and sad about something she enjoys.  I do feel a bit healthier since I can eat meat more often, but I would rather stop eating it if it means that Xia stays a healthy young demon..."

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Melody thought about it for a while with all attention heavy question required.
" I think it would mean avoiding the problem, my Sunshine. I think that what really would corrupt her, would be to feel betrayed by you when she finds out you concealed truth from her. " she whispered gently. " I always proffered the approach of honesty and openness. I do not think it would be good for either of you to waste something you enjoy in. Nobody should stop eating food. You shouldn't be malnourished, because that would make her unhappy. She shouldn't stop eating when she likes it so much, because that would make her unhappy... But we should explain this to her tactfully, and carefully. I think it would do her better to understand that it's okay to eat, as long as you honor what you eat. It is not just about needing nutrients. It's about ritual. People get closer over sharing meals. She enjoys that. She should keep enjoying it, my Sun. You both just need to understand that to eat is okay. Respect is important. You was sick for a long while... Just give yourself few more months on proper diet with meat... " she bid hopefully. " nd you will see how healthier and better you'll feel... You wil be able to make better and stronger songs, too... I make stronger songs as well, since I don't have to work for good healthy food, and Birdie provided it for me. I got lot of stronger and healthier since I live with him, my Sun. Yes, there's lot in love that nurtures Spirits.... But there is as much about proper safe environment and good food. I think same goes even more strongly for demons, from what you told me.  "

Re: Svarik and the company II

Mirach
Administrator
"Will you help me explain it to her then?" Svarik asked. "We should do it now, while Tide can translate for us. We won't be able to talk about such complicated things with her once we return home for a long time until she learns our language much better..."

Re: Svarik and the company II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Do you think... we should do it tonight, or tomorrow, maybe? " Melody bid quietly, looking at the oven a little sadly. " I made so much pie, so Xia can have plenty, to cheer her up, since she wants to eat plants, not animals. It would be pity, if it went to waste... That would really be disrespectful to the plants, then. It's one thing to pick them for food, other to pick them for food and end having them wasted. It's killing for fun of it, like hunt, instead of killing for food. "
12345678 ... 250