Senecio adn Tide II

12345678 ... 179

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Why not? Let us explain all about Riversong. He is kind of part of her father, she has the right to understand why things are complicated. Let us explain it to her together. " Jake whispered. " But not before you reach the common ground... You can't build a house on sand. It's not all about the energy. It's about compatibility. She wouldn't want to be your friend if something about you didn't appeal to her. You wouldn't be so upset about upsetting her if you didn't care about her... Don't make my mistakes. If you fail, you fail, but don't declare what you could have to doom before you even try. "

---

Tide smiled softly at him, seeming pleased that Senecio views Death that way.
" Thank you, Lartes. " he told the young actor in reply, bowing his head lightly, saying his name right this time. " It's very kind of you. Please, don't hesitate to tell either Hans of me if you're having any problems around the place. It's our theatre, after all, and we plant to lead it more properly than it was until now. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Will you explain her what I told you then?" Death asked. "I'm not really good at explaining..."

---

"Yeah, good luck," Lartes nodded indifferently and closed the door.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's a deal... " Jake smiled a little, his last word on Spirit language, before he turned to Xia, that indeed looked rather anxious and tense, not knowing what's going on.
" Okay, little one, sorry it took a moment... " he said, following his words with sign language. " I just had to clear out something with your uncle. There has indeed been a misunderstanding... " He said, and after that, he started to explain to her in sign language and speech both the core of what they spoke about, that there was a difference in how they perceived friendship and that Death never said he didn't want her. He then proceeded to explain to her how, while Death loved the fairies, there used to be a Spirit, Riversong, and that they were friends, but that Riversong was jealous. He desired Death to love him like he loved his fairies, but he just couldn't, both in grief and because he couldn't help but only see him as a friend. He explained to her how cornered and pressured Death felt with that, and how bad it felt for him, as he didn't want to lose a friend, but he couldn't love him like that, so he kept the matter open while remaining uncomfortable. Slowly, immersed in explanation, the creature began nodding, seeming to slowly grow to understand the feeling.

---

Tide sighed.
" Okay, doesn't trust us yet... but I wouldn't trust a three-meter demon with a mask that ate a lunch box made of metal in front of him at first, either. " he smiled shyly at the actor, raising his hand timidly for a high five. " Sucess? "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Death was leaning on the wall, looking exhausted. He waited for Jake to give a better explanation to Xia than his own attempt at it.

---

Senecio smiled, giving him the highfive. "It's not you. He keeps to himself and saves money for a journey to the capital. He wants to be an actor there."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
After a bit longer, at one point, realisation dawned on Xia's face, as, despite she couldn't understand everything fully right now, the main idea seemed to click together. While she avoided watching Death until then, she slowly looked up to him again, catching his look. Finally, she spoke up.

" Everything seemed alright, like.. u-usual... Before Xia called you u-uncle" she gulped. " Before she said she loved you. Xia reminds you of the fairies that you loved, and on Riversong, that you did not love... " she shook her little head slowly, with a heavy heart. " It is... a lot standing between Death and Xia. Xia... did not think of it that way. Xia just... remembered how delightedfull uncle Cernunnos was when she would tell him she loved him, and give him a hundred kisses. " she looked down sadly, like a child apologizing for breaking something in careless play. " Xia... thought it would make you... h-happy. Xia did not think it would be... unpleasant... "

---

" Yes, I guess it is quite a long way by foot. I remember when I and Sage went... uhh, I shudder to think. Ground to cover is great. But big reason adding more than a week of travel was the avoidance of Cernunnos's forest. " Tide noticed thoughtfully. " It would be nice if they made a path straight through the forest again, wouldn't it? It would certainly be more fun, and we'd be able to exchange more goods with the capital faster and visit Cernunnos more often on the way... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"You couldn't know... And I didn't realize that you would see sending you away for a while as a rejection," Death said.

---

"It's not the journey that's expensive. If you want to work in a theatre in a capital, you have to prove that you live there. And houses and rents are more expensive there and he's not really willing to move without any luxury. That's why I suggested his room."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It was not... about sending for a while. You sent Xia a while before. Talking with Tide or Nammy... Or when Xia went to another fortress that night... Plenty times... Away... " creature responded in a thin, hoarse whisper. " This time was different. It was not... sending away. It was everything around it... "

---

Tide chuckled at that, looking bemused, but pleased.
" Well, now I see yet another thing Hans adores about you... you cunning little rascal... " he commented lovingly, indicating he adores it too. " Just acting cool and nonchalant and all, but not missing a chance to do a good deed when he can. Come here... " he said innocently, and Senecio could feel, maybe from the joy of seeing him again, that the creature felt much more free and open to physical contact and shows of affection, and instead of getting lower to hug him like a proper adult, it took him from underneath his arms, and raised him up from the ground, pressing him like a kitten against his shoulder in an embrace, although the one that was purring was him, delightedly so, while swaying left and right lightly with joy.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I didn't see the difference and didn't understand the reaction. I though it was caused by this love you claimed to feel for me. I'm sorry," Death said.

---

Senecio chuckled. "You are giving me too nuch credit. I just meant that I knew he likes luxury, so I knew that his room is nicest, that's why I suggested it."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Death was always... welcoming to Xia. Even when he was scared of Tide at first, he would snuggle himself beneath Xia's wings. " the creature whispered shakily. " S-stop sayings-sorry. S-stop pretending it was not d-different." she waved away with her little hand fiercely. " Death was so withdrawn. When he petted Xia his heart was not in it. He... told Xia not to get attached to him. That it is dangerous to love him. That was... so honest. Xia knew he meant it. " her eyes welled with tears with all the emotions, as she embraced herself around her shoulders as if keeping herself together. " Uncle... Xia... is not a fairy. Not a human. Not an animal. She can not die forever, like what can be eaten. Like rabbits, and flowers, and fairies. Xia has felt the danger... She sees now, that your friends want you dead. They tried to kill you. But Xia, Xia is a good f-friend. If she dies.... bring her back, okay? Bring her back as many times they kill her. " she looked up with a mad, desperate hope. " Just don't... not want her. Not because of the danger. Do not... be bad to Xia, just because some people are bad to you. Xia can just return. Xia... Xia does not like fight, but Xia can learn, she can protect him. If.... uncle will have her...  "

---

" Yes, yes, spoken like a true Hans's associate... How very cool of you... " Tide teased him. " I can be all innocent and deceptive, too! Behold, you've been tricked! It's kidnapping time! " he proclaimed lovingly, and he did not lower him to the ground, but instead, while still holding him against himself in a hug as if carrying a kitten, he innocently carried actor, as he turned back the way they came from.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Of course I would bring you back, but I would rather not have to watch you die..." Death sighed. "I would still feel guilty for it, no matter how much you would be convincing me that it's your decision."

---

"Oh, I've been kidnapped by a demon! Whatever shall I do?" Senecio chuckled.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" But... Xia can not die forever, like apples and butterflies. But Death can. If Death dies, he will die forever... Like a butterfly... " Xia whispered thinly. " What... silly thoughts... would Death have to have... to think Xia would prefer herself to live, over him? It... is not an easy thought. Dying seems... scary. But not scary enough. " creature trembled. " Xia would feel guilty longer than forever, uncle. Xia too would rather not you watch her die... But isn't it better? " she asked hopefully. " If Xia is not there, then... Then Death has no one to defend him. He dies. If Xia there, maybe only Xia dies. Then Xia can come back, and we can be together again. Like Tide and you planned, for him, if he died. When he wanted to do it, you understood... " she gulped. " Why should Xia feel different than Tide? It is... not fair... "

---

" Oh, I don't think you can do anything against a big strong demon like me... " Tide teased, not letting him go " So, you better get used to it... " he said innocently, and, endearingly, he kissed him in a cheek as he kept carrying him.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I understood, but I would feel bad if he died, too," Death said. "It also feels unfair, to always be the one others are sacrificing for..."

----

Senecio settled comfortably, looking not really bothered by the situation... more like pleased about it.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" But it is so tiny sacrifice. " Xia finally smiled a little bit through tears." Uncle.... If you will have Xia... How often can she possibly die soon? Ten times? Twenty times? What do twenty bad days mean, when we could have ten, twenty, fifty days of happiness? Maybe even a thousand days!" She exclaimed, what was probably the highest number she has learned so far, in her try to encourage him." Twenty is so much less than thousand, isn't it, uncle? Xia will happily have twenty bad days, if she can have a thousand good ones. But... If you reject her, Xia... " She paused, before adding, hoping he would understand. " Xia will only have thousand and twenty bad days. Xia... Wishes you had a chance to hear this from your fairies, and feel better. They only had one bad day. One bad day is worth it..."

---

Tide carried him contendedly, proud like a cat carrying the hardly caught pray, all flamboyant about it. He carried him through the empty corridors, but when he noticed people coming close by, he probably remembered how embarrassed Senecio was with the idea other people may see them like that last time, so he slid around the corner and carefully lowered him.
" Change of plans." He whispered to him innocently." I don't want to get arrested for kidnapping just yet. I have an adorable boyfriend I need to get back to. Hope you understand..." He told him shyly.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Death shook his head quietly, tears welling in his eyes. The loss and grief was too deep to be soothed by such claim, although the well meaning of it was a little comforting.

---

"Oh, what a luck for me," Senecio grinned and kissed Tide unexpectedly.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Little fox child felt as if she finally reached him, as if he has finally understood a little bit better, where her heart lies. She knew he won't make a first step and she must do it for them, and she smiled at him softly through her own tears.
" Xia knows it would be a big sacrifice from uncle... to have to see her die a violent death.... But can she count on him to make it, still? " She asked hopefully." If we both can sacrifice, a day here or there... We can have all the other days in between... All the countless, good days...." she whistled, as slowly, hesitantly and vulnerably, she leaned forth as far as her tiny body could, and reached for the Spirit's face, and caressed it.

----

Tide snorted against his face, bemused and pleased, and he returned the kiss, although it was a bit drooly in his bemusement.
" S-sorry... this one's on me. " He couldn't help but brake out of character as the kiss ended, still snorting a little as he was cleaning his face." I really suck as a kidnapper, don't I? Letting myself get charmed by my gorgeous prisoner..." he teased.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Death sobbed, hiding his face in his palms. "Y-Yes..." he whispered. "If it can't be avoided..."

----

"Well... that's a valid outcome of a kidnapping," Senecio chuckled. "Could you maybe kidnap me to the mansion, though? We ordered clothes from Alpha Centauri, and I would really like to check if they arrived already."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia couldn't keep herself from it any longer. She lept into his arms and embraced him fervently.
" W-we outflew them once.... We can outflow they again, uncle. Again and Again. We will always try to fly away first. Xia promises.... she will always try to not die, so Death is not sad..." She was whispering quietly to his ear, while caressing his back in soothing circles, remembering how Svarik used to do the same for her.

----

Tide smiled slowly and his face lit up, but he didn't dare do anything based on assumption.
" You... You want me to carry you to the mansion?" He asked hopefully." Even though people would be watching? I thought you wouldn't like that..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Just like with the fairies, his sadness was too deep to be sooted, but Xia's tries were comforting and he hesitantly reached his hand and caressed her as well.

----

"Honestly, I didn't imagine all the way," Senecio chuckled. "You know, you can make someone walk where you want under a threat without the need to physically carry them. Like to a carriage, for example. But I just remembered how you can jump through a great distance and I am tempted..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
The creature leaned into his touch, freely, longingly, as if it hurt to be without it. It didn't purr this time, but it closed its eyes slowly, clinging close to him as if fearing he'll change his mind and recoil and push her away... her deeply buried fear of being rejected by those she cared for seemed to run as deep as Death's grief...

---

" Oh... so you just want to be... practical? Get there quickly? " Tide bemused, and petulantly crossed his arms. " What did I tell you? You totally are short on romantic things... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Death just looked deeply tired, but didn't stop caressing her.

---

"And now you are giving me too little credit, for change," Senecio frowned playfully. "I admit it's a fast way, but it's very thrilling to be so high and move so fast. Well, to me, at least. You are probably used to it. Nobody is saying we have to go straight to the manor without making any detours..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia remained to cling close to him for a while longer. She remained until her deeply seated fears were soothed a little under his gentle touch. Then, at one point, she leaned back, just a little, so she can see his face.
" Can... we go back to our room now? Will... Death let Xia stay with him... even if it is boring? " she whispered, with a little shy, hopeful smile. " Uncle looks cold, and Xia is cold on her own... All those blankets Tide got you looked so soft... Can we share them, uncle? "

---

That already drew Tide's attention, and he acted all nonchalant, but it was obvious he was curious.
" What is... the detour that you had in mind? " he asked innocently." On a scale of 1 to 10, how romantic is it? "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Alright, little one," Death whispered softly.

---

"I don't know if it's that terribly romantic, I just thought we could go to the beach and to the sea," Senecio suggested.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Fox child finally smiled more brightly with Death's approval, as she felt he didn't hesitate like before when she came to him. She caressed his cheek.
" Uncle... Xia is clumsy sometimes... Everything seems so new to her. Some things that work for some people don't work for others, and it is confusing. " She admitted shyly." If Xia acts like she feels, but does not tell him she loves him ever again... will uncle not panic and be uncomfortable about it anymore? If Xia does something wrong, will he tell her? Xia... Would like to carry uncle and Jake to the room, if uncle isn't uncomfortable anymore... "

----

" Well, it depends a whole lot of what we do at the beach, wouldn't you say?" Tide smiled a little with the unexpected suggestion. " You know what? That would be rather nice. How about a compromise - I can jump us there in couple of leaps, as big ones as you feel like, over rooftops, so we can choose the beach we like the best - but I get to carry you all the way outside of the theatre in turn, even if someone sees. Do we have a deal?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Alright..." Death said a bit hesitantly. "Let's go there. But if you want me to tell you... may I ask you to not call me uncle, please? I'm fine with any name you choose to call me that's a name and not a relation. I know it's confusing because Cernunnos liked it and you mean it well. I just don't feel that comfortable with it..."

---

"Oh, alright, have it your way," Senecio sighed in mocked exasperation.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia listened carefully. It was a bit of backlash, as it was another thing she hoped he would enjoy but did not, but she nodded slowly in the end, as it seemed she tried her best to understand.
" It is... confusing. " she admitted. " But Xia would be so very unhappy if u... If Death did not tell her. But Xia is... a little worried. She can not call you Death, not to alarm bad people. But Death said... Xia mistook him. He did not look... happy that she called him Worth While before. He denied he is worth while to her. " she gulped a little nervously, tensing a little - she had innate understanding names were important, but it indeed felt rather complicated to her, how Death reacted to them. " Is... Worth still okay, then, or not? Xia has tried, with lot of flowers, flowers vibrant and soft, like Death... And Xia can not explain why... But Xia just feels in her belly that it is right. Worth While rings true, just like Xia rings true for Xia... "

---

" Better hold tight, so I don't drop you accidentally, princess... " Tide teased, but he seemed excited as if every chance to show their love publicly was a delight to him. His hands trembled slightly as he reached for the actor and raised him up, this time, in a classic princess carrying style, grinning a little, as he stepped forth, his step light.
12345678 ... 179