Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 152153154155156157158 ... 179

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"No, it's not that," Senecio shook his head. "I was asking for a different reason. It's not as much tolerance from my side as it is... enjoyment. In a certain setting, at least. But for you, it's not about that, is it? Your enjoyment comes from taking the pain from someone else, not from the pain itself, right? I was just wondering if you're not like me in that, with the way you talked. It would make me feel less like a freak, if I found someone like me... And... if I take your offer, won't you feel awkward knowing that it just supports my indulging in it? I imagine it could be like taking a hangover from someone so that they can get drunk again and again without consequences. Also, with some hurts you might get some embarassing details about me and Tide you probably doesn't want to know. Would you not mind that?"

---

"I was thinking that Janus could help with that," Svarik nodded. "So when do you think can we expect Riversong here? Does he prefer that name now or should we call him something else?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well, when we are on a subject of embarrassing details... don't you remember when you asked me to track that pearl necklace of your mother and when I asked for the sweat sample, you sent it to me shortly after sleeping with Tide? Well... you see, sweat smells differently if it's from random physical exercion, or drenched with a bucketload of horniness, " Erdel shrugged his shoulders apologetically as he added tactfully. " I could filter it out, but still, it was super frustrating trying to track more common sweat when my nose would instinctively perk up close to random smelly old men you slept with. Compared to accidental knowledge I wasn't meant to be privy to but learned anyway, why wouldn't I feel better if it was just something I was neatly told? It's getting rather hard, honestly, to keep track of what I should reasonably know and what I actually know, and act by it. Also, why would I mind taking your injuries, even if they were equivalent to a hangover? If in my case, the hangover would last for a minute or two, or in yours a day, why would it be a big sacrifice to have two minutes of a hangover for you to have a good day? Even more so, if not only would I take your metaphorical hangover, but also shield you from natural consequences of drinking, like liver diseases... As someone who had a literal one, it's awful fate," Erdel seemed genuinely baffled, and, contrary to general expectations, while somewhat surprised by Senecio's admission, there was not one trace of disgust with it - rather, he seemed intrigued and chipped in gladly, as if he were pleased to be able to solve some puzzle. " Anyway, your lingering scent finally makes more proper sense. The scent of sweat is very nuanced, and it smells much different if you're merely having a good time, or if you're in real distress. Real distress gives of much bitterer scent, " he explained gladly as if he were talking of differences between wine. " I was a little worried if there was something wrong with my nose, since, if Tide hurt you a bit by accident or went too far in excitement, even if you let him do it, there should have been at least a bit bitter scent in your sweat. But not only there isn't, but you smell exceedingly good, without a pinch of undertones there'd be if you were upset over what was done to you, " he grinned with this time visible joy. " I am glad then, that there's both nothing wrong either with my nose or with you. I just had the fact without having the whole picture. I mean, mind you, if I felt any scent of real distress in you, naturally, no matter how much I like Tide, I'd intervene. I'm only this happy about the two of you because you guys both smell as a healthy couple should. "

---

" He wrote you details in the letter, but, after having lost his abilities, even though he knows he should logically get better with time, he's still subconsciously afraid he may lose them again and regret not using them when he could. So... he'll probably go on a little fixer-upper spree before he sets off. I gave him one of my feathers, so he'll call me in a few hours to pick him up, along with your lady Lipka. We'll probably be here around tomorrow morning at dawn, " he explained. " And as for the name, indeed, I agree, it's pretty confusing state to him for a while, not knowing how to call himself, as he knows he's not human but doesn't feel like Being, either. But he seemed rather surprised and inspired by the way Simbel was handling his own conflict over not feeling like White Eagle anymore, and how he got a new name. It's hard to see more clearly through such finer details, but he seemed to respond the best with Simbel calling him *Ben*, and responded strongly to Simbel's story about how he let you guys pick a name for him, so... it's very likely he'll go with Ben as a name and ask you guys to pick him a new last name, to turn a new page, without relying on the past. I'm pretty curious if I'll turn out to be right, but all cues point me to it being most likely, and toward the road that he'll be happiest with. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Well, so now you know and don't have to pretend you didn't smell anything. I was just hoping you might be a bit like me because I don't know anyone else. Well, it's not exactly a thing you normally bring up in conversation so I don't really know, I might kniw someone and not know it... But it seems you are like me in a different way. You learn things through smell that you're not meant to be privy to but can't help but learning them? Because I have the same with feelings. Since Eros gave me some of his blood, I can sense the feelings of others, and it's been more of a bother than useful ability so far. So you don't have to pretend you don't know something you smelled with me. And I hope it doesn't bother you that I can sense your feelings?"

---

"Good, I just wanted to know what to call him when he gets there," Svarik said. "So Ben should do, yes?" He opened the letter then.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh... I see," Erdel's gaze fell, and he seemed a little taken aback and unsure, his feelings flashing with embarrassment as he must have reflected on all his unrestrained warm and protective feelings since the start of the conversation. " How... much can you exactly perceive? Is it deeper perception, surface level, or both? Did I perhaps... burden you with my current general state of self-deprecation and depression? Or... " he shifted unsurely, rubbing his fingers against each other subconsciously, as he added, somewhat apologetically. " Have I perhaps been acting... I mean feeling... more familiar to you than you are comfortable? I know we're not close enough for me to impose on you, but in my defence, I didn't know of your ability, otherwise, I'd have tried to be more appropriate. I... haven't offended you with anything I've felt so far... have I? How do you feel, about what you perceived? " Erdel asked quietly, self-conscious because he knew Senecio could probably perceive how important the answer to that question was to him.

---

Eros nodded to the question, letting him read the letter. Since Ben wanted to talk more properly in person, the letter was relatively short, only addressing the most important things.

" Svarik, " it read". Simbel has shown me his memories of Tide, and it's hard to find faults in him in general, and since both you and Simbel vouched for him, I'll believe you're safe with him. Originally, I wanted to rush right away when I heard about you and Death being there, but Eros convinced me to wait until I clear out some things here, so I will, but only because I believe you are really safe. If I am wrong tell me and I'll come right away.

Riversong had great aversion and fear of being used for his powers, and I was burdened and caught up with those feelings at the start, but later when I lost those powers, I was burdened even more terribly about not being able to use them while I could. It's selfish of me, but I want to do more. I always put you in a tough spot, but I can't help myself this time. I want so badly to do more, and I'm aware it'll be burdensome to you if people around you who were ill or disabled suddenly mysterious got better, but you'll figure out something, won't you, please? Just this once at least. I heard you're planning to make new religion around Bull and Simbel, it would be great if you could pass off what I do as some kind of mysterious Bull's blessing, but if not, it's alright, too. I am fully ready to fall into a troublesome state of being used later, regardless of what Riversong's experience is telling me because this is something I need to do. I am not sure how much I'll be able to do right now, I feel rather faint, but at the very least, I should be able to heal up Owl's old scars a little more, and do something to ease little Zephir's sorry state a little. I don't remember him, but apparently, he knew Riversong from the mountains, and he sang for me every day to get better, and Singers are way harder to influence than normal people, but I'm confident I can at least do a little on first try, to repay him. Oh, and definitely, do tell Death to not worry, I heard lord Nameless and his kids are more ill and weak these days due to his illness, I'll definitely strengthen their bodies a little and tweak it so they're less affected and he doesn't have to worry for them too much.

And it would be improper to burden Death with a letter. I should speak to him face to face, but can I entrust you to ask him just one thing? I trust you more than Eros to be the fateful messenger. Merely, just ask him if he'd like me to bring Lord Nameless to the sea to keep him company, or if he'd prefer solitude instead. Sun Spirits are apparently too anxious something would happen to Nameless to fly him when he's sick, but I don't give a damn. Tell Death if he wants Nammy to come there, that I'll find a way to bring him even if I have to fly him there myself somehow. He just needs to say if that's what he wants.

In any case, definitely, absolutely, please, everyone stay safe, and congratulations on your first child! I'll make sure Lipka is safe while we fly and nothing happens to her, so tell sir Falcon not to worry too much,
You just stay safe until I'm there,
Ben "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"No, it's just the current feelings in the moment, not some deeper stuff, although I don't know, if I practice I might get better at discerning that. But here, it just put me more at ease while talking to you. Please don't be self-conscious about it."

---

Svarik let Conrad see the letter after he finished reading it. "Generally, it seems it turned out fine, we will just have to deal with a wave of unexpected miracles that need explaining..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
„ Really? It puts you... at ease?“ Erdel seemed truly surprised. His next response was, against his wishes, still tense, despite somehow hopeful in his confusion. „ To be honest, surface level or not, it's just perception. I'm glad you told me so I'm aware of it, as it's a relief in either case, that I can perceive you freely without guilt since I always feel a touch guilty when I learn more of people than seems decent. But still, feeling at ease?“ he asked again as if to double check, revealing the nature of his insecurity. „ To be honest, I have quite a soft spot for you... but from your perspective, I imagine it must be uncomfortable when someone you barely know feels strongly about you. And... besides... despite all your shortcomings, you're a rather upright person. I'm honestly a really terrible man. Barely at a level of a dog that bit off the hand that fed him. If you were a person that was stopped when he barely dipped with his fingertips in the criminal world, I was stopped at the end of that road, with many deaths behind me. Shouldn't you be rather uncomfortable, feeling the warmth from someone like me? “

---
„ Oh, indeed, in a way, you're all really lucky his powers are weaker than before and that he has to rest longer than before after using them, otherwise, he'd create much bigger mess, " Eros laughed heartily. „Since I had to get him drunk on quite a lot positive associations to nudge him to wake up, he was quite disoriented at first. It was fun but rather exhausting to have to convince him not to run off and randomly start clearing scars or fixing teeth when he'd suddenly remember someone who was nice to him sometimes. He had such trouble deciding what to do first. He was sulking rather pitifully when we finally convinced him there's no way he would be able to make Simbel whole huge set of wings right away, especially when he just woke up, “ he snickered. „It may be a hurdle in the future if you don't come up with proper protection for him, but still, the road where he chooses to give more is road where much more happiness lies for him. I don't have the same kind of future vision as Death, but I can feel whether the current decisions are likely to bring people onto paths they are happy or grieved about. It's a bit like predicting possible feelings based on all feelings someone has felt so far. It's great for long-term nudging people in the right direction, but bad for practical planning of the near future. I but pushed him slightly to the path where he gives more freely, although I fear you'll have to find ways to make sure he is safe from the effects of his giving. Oh, especially, you must figure out how to explain wings that Ben, no doubt, definitely, will figure out how to make for Simbel once he practices more. I have no idea how you're suddenly going to explain Tarmagils' body growing huge black wings, but that choice seems like a hill Ben would die on, so, hehe, good luck explaining that one, little ones,“ Being replied mischievously, as if he was having quite a bit of fun imagining what the hell they'll do with the unexpected predicament.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I don't know, should I? To make it easier to grasp in words, I think of the feelings I perceive in terms of facial expressions, but honest ones. You can fake a smile, but you can’t fake the feeling of smiling. And you were smiling all the time. I don't really know much about your past, but doesn't really seem relevant now, I guess..."

----

"Well, I guess we can incorporate that into the updated theology," Svarik said. "But why black? Did Simbel want to distinguish himself from White further? I would rather expect pink or brown."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I see convincing you I am not the good association is going to be about as successful as convincing Svarik was... You're both too focused on the present, acting as if it has no bond to the past at all. It's like you struggle with the concept that people would think bad of you if they see you show me any liking or favour. Keeping a courteous distance should be a natural response. But... I guess that obliviousness is just a part of your charms. I can't exactly criticize you too harshly when it's something I like about you, " Erdel took a deep breath, gathering his scattered feelings into an embarrassed, warm pile as he responded more honestly. " Well, for the lack of a better term, it would be really hard to stop smiling at you, anyway. If I had to put a name to it, I'd say I'm rather proud of you. If it counts for something, I think you're doing really well, " he admitted, simply, without a trace of jest or sarcasm, as if stating a fact, indeed, revealing a warm feeling most similar to a smile. " If you could perceive you as I'm perceiving you, it'd be hard for you not to *smile*, too. "

---

" Oh, it's actually a rather cute matter, and this time, not about distancing at all, but growing closer. You see, he has a bit ambiguous relationship with Two-headed Raven these days, as, despite he was happy that Being accepted him as White Eagle after the Long night, now that he proclaimed he's no longer White Eagle, he feels a bit awkward, as brotherly status is about the only relation from White Eagle that he would actually want to keep. So, even though he rejected the identity of the White Eagle, he felt it would be lovely to still have wings as soft and grand as the White Eagle, but black as the Two-headed Raven does, so people that see them would see their familial bond. And both sir Falcon's and especially Erdel's hair is black, and both dress in black, so it became Simbel's comfort colour all the more, " Eros smiled softly at some thought. " He didn't wear any white when I met him, you see. He mostly wears a combination of pink and black, with silver and sometimes a bit of gold embroidery. He began wearing black cloaks and clothes so he could match with Erdel in the first place, so people would not shun the young demon because of his dark colours, compared to the bright pink of their new God, and he came to rather like it. He is fine having some pink details on feathers, but he feels it would be most valid for himself to have black wings so he could match with Ravi, Erdel and sir Falcon, so people that worship him as a God and love him would think of them as a group, and have some of their love rub of on them, too. He's quite hopeless, really... Just like White Eagle, his resolution to protect is terrifyingly fierce. The only thing that really changes is what he wants to protect. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Really? It's my turn then, how do perceive me? How much can you tell just by smell?" Senecio asked.

---

"That's actually adorable," Svarik smiled. "He'll love being able to fly."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's more complicated than just smell... The smell is just the biggest part of it, and the closest way I can explain it, just like the closest way you can explain perceiving feelings as perceiving facial expressions, " Erdel spoke more slowly and quietly, as it seemed he hasn't spoken with others much about it before and tried his best to describe it. " It feels a lot like a smell, but it's not only it. Remember when I explained to you what is happening at a theatre right now? It's in a lot of smell of materials and perception of presences in space vampires have that helps them hunt, as well as what I actually hear from their conversations that give me clues. Just as much, it's a perception of skin I learned when learning how to heal injuries - I can focus on different parts of someone to perceive the texture of their skin and how deep and in what shapes injuries go. My close bond with blood also gives me a lot of insight, as I can also feel when even minuscule skin is scrapped even when no blood is visible, and when blood moves abnormally, like with bruising or internal injuries, I can feel that, too. I am still learning a lot about what different perceptions mean, but in any case, a lot of my perception as a former vampire is thanks to my ties to blood and nature as a hunter. That being said... " he paused before he began speaking, slowly, with simple weight to his words. " In general, I can perceive your injuries, even when they're not as dramatic as an open bite, but subtle, like light bruising. I have seen many wounds in my life, so while I don't have a magical label, if I'm familiar with a pattern of your wounds, I can compare and make educated guesses. I thought some of your wounds were only similar to lashes but may have been made by some Tide's form when he wigged as he bit you, but I see now they're probably actual whip lashes, right? In any case, if I found your level of hurt with a lot of people, I'd be worried, but I'm not worried about you, because of everything else I feel from you. When we met, you had an okay smell but were full of bitter undertones. Tide also, while he has an amazing smell in general because he was stressed about what will happen with Death and afraid of dying, had a sharper stressful undertone that worried me. But both of your scents improved a lot, and even more, they improved the most while you were together. There's not a trace of any scents or signs of disgust or distress in your sweat when you're intimate, as well as in Tide's, so I know you're both willing and happy with the way things are going, so I don't care if it involves pain whatsoever. I'm not superficial enough to conclude it's wrong just because it would be domestic violence in most situations. The evidence clearly shows it's not so in yours. You could say, that, unlike current feelings, my perception gives me an overall impression of someone's general state. Because quantity and quality of happy or sad chemicals people have in their sweat smell differently in different measures. I'm still learning ratios but I'm getting better, so, " he cleared his throat shyly. " When we met, you smelled a lot more like I smelled at my worst, so I had a lot of space to compare - like a sensitive person generally rather full of self-loathing and hopelessness. You smelt a lot like people that hate their life - like sir Falcon did when I just met him, too. But today, your scent is a lot clearer and more pleasant. It's much less sharp, and you smell a lot closer to the way happy people do... my general scale goes between unhappiest, as Benjamin Riversong and sir Falcon both were when we met, and on the other end, sir Ciel Moonwalker and Sage, who are, in any situation, oozing of happiness to exist and other similar pleasant chemicals. From that scale, of one to ten, you're probably at the very least six right now? " he spoke as if his grading was most natural thing to practice, his voice beaming with proud bubbly feeling, as he seemed relieved he was able to speak so openly about this to someone in his terms. " There's still quite a few undertones of emotional turmoil, as natural after you actually died, and it does worry me a little, as such turmoil can lead to rush decisions hard to predict by smell alone, so that's why I hoped there's anything I could do to clear out some of that stale smell. But still, despite some signs of trauma, there are way more undertones of emotional security than there were when we met. To put it most simply, you smell like a person that's more confident and comfortable in his skin... It's hard to stop smiling when seeing such growth. Would you be able to stop smiling? My response is only natural. "

---

" More than flying, even, I think he'll enjoy hugging people and snuggling them up in his wings... His eyes sparkled so brightly when we spoke about it," Eros chuckled, " He told me to pass you on the message that if things with wings do work out and they are eventually made, you'll be the first person to get a hug after Ben, " Being informed gently. " He says he's doing well, that he's keeping Bull priests busy so they don't ask for you, and that he's training vampires in White Eagle's swordsmanship, so you don't have to worry for their safety or anything else, and just have to have fun at sea. He and Mole will take care of everything they can to buy you as much time as they can, he said. He also sent you a package of his flowers through me, he told me it'd be good for you to have some to spare in case you need them or just in case you miss home and want to bake them into some cookies, " he passed the message, taking out a pack of fresh, just picked little bag of Simbel's flowers and handing it to meadow king.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"So I can just assume that you know exactly what we are doing in bed and we're not going to be awkward about it?" Senecio asked. "Yes, it’s actual lashes... You can have them if you insist. And your senses are fascinating. I see there's a lot I have to learn with my new ability, it sounds like I could learn to use it better with more practice."

---

"Thank you, that’s very kind from him," Svarik said, taking the flowers.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes, I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you can learn to refine your ability, too, " for the first time, Erdel's eyes sparkled more brightly, as he seemed unexpectedly pleased to finally be able to speak with someone about this. " Actually, it's a bit depressing, but at its core, my senses come from hunter instincts. Vampires have an innate ability to perceive by smell if someone's blood is going to be more or less tasty to them... Happiest people's blood is just a different league. I am basically using that innate instinct to figure out from observations what different smells of chemicals mean. In short - your blood tasted pretty sourly when I bit you as we met, like stale vinegar, but now it smells like it'd taste like warm homely spicy pastry... so it's hard not to keep smiling with the change. But still, just because you're happier doesn't negate the fact I'm worried for you long term if you keep doing this every day. If you feel bad for worrying me, how about you give me those scrapes too? " he vaguely waved toward the actor's private parts with a nonchalant gesture, but he seemed tense as he asked, as it was a more personal matter. " To be honest, unlike lashes, I am not fully sure how those are made, but texture sort of feels like you've been repeatedly scrapped up inside out by..., like, sandpaper? If you've been going at it in other forms, was Tide grinding against your insides in form with some rough texture? Some rougher tentacles or tongue? Anyway, I've been trying to find a reasonable excuse to bring it up in a way I wouldn't look like a creep for having dirty thoughts, and I know it's not a severe injury as is but it seems like something that could get more serious if you keep doing it every day. But if you say we're not going to be awkward about it, does that mean I can take it without you making a big deal of it, after all? I'm just saying, if you feel even slightly guilty perceiving my worry, I promise I'll be way less worried if you give me everything more serious. Since you like to save up a bit of hurts to reminisce, I guess I could leave you less serious bruises, though I think it would be a pity if you don't use the time I'm here at sea and just give me everything so you can start gathering injuries from scratch again. Not using the fact I'm worried to the fullest of your ability seems wasteful, doesn't it? "

---

" Oh, and for you, I have some papers from your friend Mole, " Eros took out a sizeable stack of documents from his bag, handing it to Conrad this time with a little smile as the man accepted them energetically. " If you have any messages back for your friends back home, please tell me, I'll pass them on to them. Sir Mole promised me he'll avoid Bull priests today, so it should be safe for me to go back and forth. I am free now until Ben calls for me, I did all the most urgent steps. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Fingers of his harder form..." Senecio murmured. "I guess I can just twll you everything, since that seems to be the better alternative to you guessing. And fine..."

---

Svarik nodded. "I'll give you a few messages and greetings then, if you don't mind."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Ah... if I may say so... don't you think that *fine* sounds rather awkward somehow? Is this talk about pain... something you're insecure about, perhaps?" Erdel suddenly asked a little tentatively as if he just noticed it amidst relief of being able to convince him. " No takebacks, so I'll of course take it all, but... it was rude of me to jump straight to business instead of noticing. Thank you for gathering the courage to tell me despite I am such a dense short-sighted bastard, " he suddenly grinned a little. " Are you feeling tense because you were bracing for being found repulsive, and I'm acting outside of your expectations? Perhaps if I didn't have such clear evidence that both you and Tide are much better with it I'd have more questions, but isn't it idiotic to ask questions where the truth is clear? "

---

Eros happily memorized and took all the messages and notes they had, unaware that it was the first step of Conrad's not-so-secret plan to maximally overuse him as a convenient instant messenger. When he took everything, before leaving he suddenly beamed.
" Oh... Just to tell you before I leave, I almost forgot with all the fuss about picking the best futures... The little jewel gift we made for Simbel works. Now, whenever you think of him and feel warmly of him, he'll be able to feed on this feeling a little bit, not as a great meal, but as a snack, for a start. He was so surprised and delighted to get it, and told me to thank you, and that he loves you all the most. So, whenever you think warmly of him from now on, you and everyone else will be feeding him a little bit, as long as the artefact we made lasts. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"No, it just feels weird to talk about it so casually, that’s all. I mean... about everything. You are so casual asking for the pain too, like asking for something mundane..."

---

"Thank you," Svarik smiled. "I'll test it right away."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" On the contrary, wouldn't it be a bit weird to expect a vampire who gets high on people's blood to judge what other people get a kick out of? My sole metrics of judgement is people's consent and safety, I shan't make myself a fool and act like it's a big deal you like pain, when the only big deal is that you're both happy with your arrangments. I rather want to congratulate you for finding someone you're so compatible with, you silly rascal, " Erdel snorted a little through his nose. His response didn't linger with even a hint of sarcasm, only with more playful warmth, as he narrowed his eyes at the actor, adding as if tempting him with a treat. " Instead of empty congratulations, though, since you're so unsure about being alone in your tastes, how about I gift you with an intel of someone not quite like you, but a little bit like you? I'd feel quite offended if you believed I'm so casual because I already have a bit of experience in dealing with someone similar to you, naturally, because I had the same response to learning this about him as I'm with learning this about you. I am who I am, a bastard, but at least, not a judgemental one. But since I'm sure you don't have that low opinion of me that you'd think I'd be repulsed if this was my first encounter with such a thing, I'd be willing to tell you more about him. Since you didn't talk with many people at Falcon's estate you probably didn't officially meet the person I'd thinking of, but you likely have seen him in passing, I am sure... "

---

Eros grinned with joy and nodded, before disappearing into thin air, going back to the capital, to pass on the new messages they had. Conrad turned to Svarik then.
" Would you like to test it here, or when we get back to the city, with Melody? " he asked, as he added with renewed determination and unexpectedly fierce passion. " I'd rather myself test it later tonight, when I get the time - in meantime, instead, before we go to watch the whales, I want to focus on building the island. I'm going to make you the best damn island there is, to the letter as we discussed, and on time, " he winked innocently. " To give you the best chances for a somewhat romantic reunion with Lipka, naturally, with promises of a good future and all that. To erase my foolish blinder from the morning, I'm going to be the damn best wingman this time, you'll see... Tell me if you need anything more than an island, and I'll find a way to multitask the hell out of it, too. If it's for you, I can do anything. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Okay, now I'm curious. Who is it?" Senecio asked.

---

"Don't worry about the morning anymore, it’s already forgotten," Svarik shook his head. "I don't really need anyrhing else."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" He is a little bit like you... but not fully. If I had to describe it in simplest terms, he's a kind of person that is very relaxed but also extremely indulgent, and is in a perpetual quest to lead an interesting life, " Erdel chipped in brightly - through his bubbly bright feelings coloured with care and respect, Senecio could feel it was someone demon thought highly of. " So, he's the kind of person that would be bored to death if he had to do one same thing to the end of his life, whether it was conventional love or not. So, he likes to always mix things up. He likes both men and women, and he likes extremes and variety. He slept around a lot from the first time I met him, and ever since I first developed the ability to heal, he'd often bring me a mate with bite or rope marks, or he himself would come with lashes similar to yours, or rope marks around his wrists, or sometimes, with some light bruises or sprains. Even more so, he often uses drugs to exchange experience, so I have gotten quite good at clearing out drugs from his system. Nothing too alarming, because with humans, there is less space for real danger and he is quite responsible. Things are only escalating more recently because that rascal began sleeping around with a vampire lad at the same time he began sleeping around with a sun spirit lady... You see, he's actually one of Sir Falcon's Grand Seven, Exavier Tender, known as Mole in underground. Falcon gave him an order to stay on friendly terms with vampires and sun spirits both... and Mole being Mole, things sort of vent on from there, and he slept around with probably half of both before settling, " unexpectedly, Erdel chuckled, and continued brightly, as if with a pleasant memory. " Vampire is actually a rather shy nice lad, but because vampires have such high regenerative abilities, while unsure at first he seems to have gotten quite into experimenting with things with Mole, and likes to leave him in charge. As far as I gathered, they are play-pretending to do "research" on vampire biology. The dynamic reminds me a bit of what you and Tide seem to have, only it's safer for them because unlike you, vampire heals fast when hurt. But with Sun spirit, it's reverse - the girl is pretty headstrong and they have the whole "interrogation " scenario, where they tease each other that they will draw information out of the other, about Spirit and humans worlds respectively, and they "interrogate" each other in turns often. It seems Mole has quite a thing for it, as something he picked out here and there while sleeping around while gathering information throughout the city. But because apparently using hot wax is super fun in foreplay, he often comes to me with first and second-degree burns lately... Anyway, I digress, but following Mole's love life has been endlessly endearing recently. The three of them have been mostly sleeping casually, but in the last two weeks or so, it seems both the vampire and Spirit have taken quite a stronger liking to him, and are often competing for his attention, carrying his books, bringing him favourite sweets, and helping him with the Organisation. It's quite cute watching them compete to court Mole who's acting all innocent like he's not noticing. Mole is very picky with actual dating so he hasn't said yes or no so far to either, but he smells like he's much less bored than he used to be with two of them competing for his attention, so I'm honestly cheering for all of them a lot... "

---

" Nice try, but I'm a stubborn fellow... so I'll be the one deciding when I'm forgiven. I'm not saying I have to solve world hunger before such a point, per se, but shouldn't I at least spoil you more before you weave away such a huge blunder? " unexpectedly, in a gesture unusual for him, Falcon bent his back lightly, but not to bow before his king - but to reach for and take Svarik's hand in his own, and kiss it lightly. It was a slightly embarrassed and shy, but earnest and tender gesture. " Please, while we are apart... come up with some effective ways to be properly spoiled, my sweetest sun. I want to do all that equal partnership thing right this time... I shall eagerly await your guidance. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
(OOC: sorry, I've been to Ireland for an English & academic writing course, much more busy then I expected and then there were some big events in Critical role...)

"I don't think I remember him... Mole, right? Interesting... And he plays both positions with different partners? Both hurting and getting hurt? I didn’t know you could do that... not really my thing, though. I'm not sure if getting introduced to him would be a good idea or not."

---
"But you are always spoiling me. That's your default mode..." Svarik smiled.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
(OOC: I was getting a little worried, but I've seen you posting stories so I guessed you were probably busy, and yes, I've seen there's been quite a noise in Critical role fandom recently, I'm glad to hear there wasn't any crisis in your family, and that you instead had a writing course, I'm always happy to hear when people I care for improve and work on themselves, I'm sure you've done great! I've seen you're written quite a few stories recently, I'm happy to see you writing new interesting things :) to be honest, I have always loved your writing style and usually love reading all your stories, but when I read a synopsis where Orym is talking to his dead husband in thoughts, I felt like I'd be too sad and I couldn't bring myself to read it, it was an amazing idea, but just too heartbreaking for me right now :( it really isn't anything wrong with the idea, it's beautiful, it's just me... we haven't really talked more in the last few months, it's a little depressing, but actually, in the last few months my old grandfather which I cared for a lot was slowly growing sicker, and he died this month, so it hit me pretty badly... I'm getting better slowly, but I currently try to avoid tragic stories, and I'm quite sensitive about stories where loveable characters and death are involved... It is rather hard, it seems suddenly like there's death everywhere in fiction, too... I am not sure if I got it right from spoiler pages, but it seems like Orym died too in a recent podcast?? From videos and art, he was my favourite character so I was pretty heartbroken and couldn't bring myself to start watching everything knowing not only is his loving husband dead, but he may die too, unlike generally happy ships like Innefable husband it's just so heartbreaking to watch knowing it seems to be coming :( actually, recently, while I didn't really draw at all last few months, I began rereading old books, and am getting a little more into Lord of the Rings and Tolkien again, it feels rather fresh when reading it after a few years break from it, and perhaps because of new Amazon show that is quite bad, I rekindled a lot of love for the original and recalled just how loveable everyone is, I wasn't really drawing anything personal for the last year, but once I get a bit better, I'm thinking of maybe drawing some Lotr art again, as well as drawing some new pictures of ineffable husbands, of Svarik and Conrad, Simbel, Erdel, Tide, Senecio, and few others - it'd be a nice change of pace to draw some of those characters as it's been a while since I drew personal art, as only drawings I'm currently doing are for my daily job :) A critical role is so tempting though, some parts and characters sound so good XD But because I tend to feel for characters too much and nobody is fully safe, I'm thinking of maybe delaying watching it for a while, maybe until it's circled, if I invest like in Orym and it ends sadly, I'll just be too heartbroken :( I prefer knowing spoilers on people who die before starting something so I can mentally prepare, I really hoped Orym would live and be happy(´_`) Found family is generally a trope I really enjoy recently, especially where characters go to great lengths to save characters that were supposed to die, though it's rare to find really good examples, it has an unusual start and some tropes, but probably best "found family" web novel I'm currently reading is " trash of the count's family", the found family trope is really strong in that one :)

" Well, what would you have to lose? At best you'll have an experienced senior to ask tips from, at very worst, you'll be one cool acquaintance richer. Mole is extremely beloved in the city, for many reasons... He is a wonderful man, I see not one minus of knowing him, as well as Sun Spirit Heli who is more like Tide, and vampire Marek who is like you in roles you prefer, " like always, Erdel spoke with the same casual warm honesty of things he believed about people. " You know... Just the other day, when I returned to the capital and was ill and full of self-doubts, Mole taught me a nice little palm reading trick to cheer me up. Since you're so generous to give me all your wounds, how about we use the time I'm healing you to read your fate by the lines of your palm? " he offered Senecio his hand with an innocent smile as if tempting him. " I am currently learning how to heal not by putting my hand close to wounds, but by holding someone's hand. It is slower and quite harder right now, but it's an important improvement I wish to strive for... Help me practice, and I shall do your most exemplary and accurate palm reading while you're being healed, what do you say? Don't you think it'd be more interesting and properly dramatic that way? "

---

" Damn... I have nothing to say in my defence, you know me so well, " the man chuckled more brightly, sounding rather satisfied with Svarik's insight, his face shining with a restless grin as he reassured him anew. " Well then, no matter, just try to think of something not to merely spoil, but spoil you rotten, deal, darling? In meantime, don't worry, I, your perfect doting boyfriend, will peer pressure all Beings of the sea to build us the most magnificent romantic island by the morning. As soon as I finish setting everything in motion, I'll join you and Melody, before we go listen to the whales. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
(OOC: I'll reply on messanger, so that we can talk regardless of the pace of the rp)

"I don't really believe in palm reading, but I do enjoy a show," Senecio smiled, offering Erdel his palm. "So what do you see in the misty depths of fate?"

---

"Thank you," Svarik smiled. "Let’s ride back then. Maybe our companions would enjoy some speed?" he turned with a question to their Being companions in horse shape.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Since you ask so nicely, I'll tell you as many spoilers as laws of Matter and Time will allow... " Erdel bemused, dramatically taking the offered hand. Like the last time he healed him, Senecio could feel a soothing demonic aura begin to envelop him, and various small pains in his body began to lessen, slowly but steadily. Erdel, who began to feel a slight pain instead, seemed rather pleased and content, though, and his feelings reflected pleasure as he leaned closer, tracing various lines on the man's palm gently as he did. " This line means you'll have a long life... It is cut into two parts, and your first life will carry many misfortunes, but the second one will be ten times as happy as the first one was turbulent. And this line means you will struggle with love during big chunk of your youth, but like this line, it'll eventually lead you to love more vibrant and full than you'd ever expect. And this line... says you're prone to making bad choices out of low self-esteem and loneliness, but also quick to change bad course and better yourself when presented with a chance. What a fine quality line to have, " he spoke softly, and by this point, by his gentle but bemused bright feelings, the actor realized what the display was to the demon - an opportunity to both tease and praise him openly. " This one means you're hopelessly reckless, and this one means you're ridiculously brave... And the line next to it means you are fated to always make people worry for you, and that you must take good care of your health so they could worry a little less. This line means many people will look down on you for stupid and ridiculous reasons, but that people that love you will love you tenfolds the time for every person that hates you. This line means you often make minor mistakes, but your drive to immediately self-correct and make up for them is rather admirable and reassuring to people that believe in you. Hmm... This is strange, though, " he squinted his eyes dramatically as if observing something most intently, bringing the palm closer to his eyes. " What word did you say before when talking about how you feel about yourself? Freak, wasn't it? No matter how hard I look, I can't see any *freak* line. There are no monster lines, no filthy lines, no abominable lines... Despite being prone to making some mistakes, I've rarely seen a nicer, cleaner hand. You are most fortunate. You'll find few people in the world with as good vision as me, and among thousands, there's not one line truly faulty in you, " he spoke with a soft growing grin, with feelings that could only be described as playful and amicable, as he pressed his hand lightly, and shamelessly passed his observations as palm reading without batting an eye. " All in all, it has some ups and downs but put together, all lines clearly say you're a tad reckless, but also rather a loveable fool to those that know you well... You are Senecio the Parvaio, the best actor in the land, tragically deceased at the age of 34, and miraculously resurrected the same day, too beloved to be left for dead by his equally reckless friends. What a fitting fate, to be a reckless fool loved by even more reckless fools, to the point they overturn death for you... What do you think? Isn't it a rather fitting role for fate to give an actor of your standing? I foresee you a fate where you will be as fully and ridiculously loved as that, until the end of your life. The lines, not me, clearly say so, " the tease in his eyes grew even bright and more daring " I'll have you know that in my extremely long career of a couple of days as a fortune teller, I've never been wrong, so you can trust my good reputation. "

---

" Indeed! Less talking time, more playing time is always good! " creatures bemused, indeed, staying polite, but since they were still young, feeling rather restless with so many conversations at the end of their trip. They were happy with the suggestion, and they rode fast with the wind towards the city, enjoying the change of pace.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"A nice trick," Senecio chuckled and withdrew his palm. "I still don't believe in palm reading, but thank you, it was a very nice and well performed reading."

---

Svarik wouldn't dare to ride this fast on a normal horse, but he knew this is no horse and wouldn't let him fall, so he didn’t worry and enjoyed the ride instead.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Erdel respectfully let go of his hand, seeming pleased that he managed to heal the actor fully and there won't be any long-term health problems from it, as well as glad to be able to share his private thoughts more openly, finding it easing in an indirect way.
" Sure... you're welcome. Still, are you unbelieving because I wasn't specific enough? I'm going to let you off the hook because you praised me, naturally... But since I am so skilled, it is a touch annoying that you don't believe me, " he shrugged innocently, adding more slowly as he glanced at the man's hand from a distance this time, observing it as if really looking for something specific. " Let me give you a more specific bonus since you were so cooperative... That thin, wiggly line next to your thumb, you see it? That line is very fluently saying that, while your acquaintance Erdel is staying at the seaside in the next few days, you'll ask him to heal you at least once, but likely more than once. You'll be slightly unsure, but because you're well aware he'd call you out on it if you wouldn't, and because it beats asking Death and facing the endless embarrassment of it, you'll definitely end up asking Erdel in the end. He'll tease you and pretend to be annoyed at how feisty you two silly boyfriends are, but he'll actually secretly be very pleased you came, since he is in fact merely annoyed that you feel like you're doing something sinful when you're just having fun, and he's definitely not annoyed with you coming. This little line right next to it tells me he might think you're just a bit of a bastard over your tendency to push people away in panic, or on rare occasions stab them, not because of how you like to sleep with someone. It's clearly written that he is pretty frustrated that someone as generally commendable as you has suicidal thoughts while there are bloody bastards smelling of body fluids and little kids that have the audacity to walk the streets confidently... So, between me and you, I am just passing on the message, but... lines... lines clearly say that he's already partial to you and that if you're trying to find more allies to ground you, he'll be a pretty easy target to befriend and take advantage of for free healing and protection while he's at the sea, " he asked with a mischievous tease, but his feelings were a little more restrained and tense as he observed actor's features more carefully as if testing out just how far he can go. " What do you think? All in all, I think my totally not observational but merely palm reading skills are rather decent... "

---

Beings were playful and loved the change, and tried to go as fast as it was safe for the humans, enjoying teasing them slightly with twists and turns, but always careful so they don't fall, for Hans would be terribly mad at them if either Svarik or Conrad got hurt. With speed and play, it didn't take them long to reach the city. Beings carried them back to the mansion, and there, they found Melody and Alpha in the garden - the two of them seemed to have met up to get to know each other better as they pass the time waiting for the whales, and as they were talking the girl was eating some sweets, while Alpha was idly knitting a scarf.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"This wiggly line, yes?" Senecio looked at his own palm, pretending to study it. "Interesting... I'll keep that in mind. But even more interesting - you can actually smell that on the old men? Of course you can, you can do so much with smell... I just didn’t realize you can do that too. If you smell that, you should definitely remember the person and talk to Hans."

---

(OOC: do we have any plans for them now?)
1 ... 152153154155156157158 ... 179