Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 151152153154155156157 ... 179

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well, you know Tide - he's as overly adaptable and soothing as ever, and seems to have taken quite a soft spot for Death, balancing well around his boundaries - so, all in all, if anyone can keep Death as calm and far from panic as possible, it would be Tide. As long as we give him time, I'm sure he'll do just alright."

---

" What a silly thing to say.... If we still have time, when we are on holiday, deciding our own schedule, and when island can't be built, anyway, before we decide on the spot for it," Conrad finally grinned a little." Besides, while they can build fast, nobody said we absolutely have to finish the island today... We can make all plans with leisure, and have it made throughout the night, so we can have it as a surprise when we wake up, and begin planting things as sun rises tomorrow. It will be more magical if an island suddenly appers overnight, anyway."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Okay, so he doesn’t need anything from me right now, just time?" Senecio asked.

---

"I meant time now, before we should return for lunch so that the other aren't worried. I don't think we need to plan everything today and rush it that much. It would be fine to have it built the next time we're here."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It is only my personal opinion, but yes, since Death is so introverted by nature, I believe any more personal on top of Tide in this situation would feel like a crowd to him, we just need to give them time," Erdel confirmed." You really don't have to worry about him - while Riversong waking up may technically end up being a big thing for the world as a whole, when you strip away their dramatic powers and titles, we are but basically dealing with two teenagers bad at expressing and dealing with their feelings," he shrugged sensibly." With Tide on one side and Eros on the other side of those two bundles of insecurity, and me to call them out until they talk it through, I think chances of things going wrong are miniscule."

---

" " Oh, you don't have to worry about us worrying others - they know I would call them right away if we were in danger. I have Alpha's feather, plus Tide's hair, and if I use them they'll know it's emergency and come to us right away. I'd never go out alone with you, without any precautions," Conrad reassred him." But if you're up for returning and having lunch at the mansion, of course we can. I don't want to disturb Tide since he's with Death, so we'd have to decide about the island with Sage and Hans, anyway."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio nodded. "So we just wait?"

---

"I thought we were supposed to go on the trip after lunch? I'm a bit confused about the plans," Svarik admitted.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes, Eros said he'll bring us news from Riversong as soon as he has something concrete to tell us, so if you mean on that, we are to wait for it, " Erdel clarified, though, he seemed to feel a little unsure, as he admitted. " Sir Svarik and Conrad are on the ride right now, though, so I have no current obligations, too, so, I'm... I guess you could say I'm currently free if you need someone to escort you somewhere, you know. I do want to meet up with Demon Janus I've heard about, to see if he'd be willing to make me a sword, but I can do that later sometimes. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about that meeting, so I'll welcome some distraction if you can offer it, " he said, and while his statement seemed true, there was a timid uncertainty in his feelings, as he tried to put his words in a way that wasn't putting too much burden on Senecio. " In exchange, how about accepting a gift from me? Just a heads up, it's nothing really huge or dramatic, or Being-like... Just a little something I got from the mountains, " he clarified, and while he looked neutral on the surface, the actor could feel the demon's insecurity over the value of his gift and fear it may be disliked, along with equal hope and anticipation, as Erdel seemed to be looking forward to something despite the uncertainties.  " Naturally, I only value honesty, so if it's a bad pick from me off if you're uncomfortable, I'd welcome if you don't accept it and tell me clearly where I failed for future reference, but... well, I just thought of you when I saw it, and I thought it would feel proper, to have something fitting my intentions to give you when I talk with you next time. "

---

" Oh, yes, we didn't set an exact time, but we did say we are delaying the trip to the afternoon. But I'm not speaking about that, " Falcon waved away lightly, not to cause misunderstanding. " I'm just saying, while I'll always steer you away from things that may cause you danger, or I may guide a big chunk of your work schedule to make it most efficient so you can have more free time for yourself - this is your *leisure* schedule, " he empathised. " So, I want you to choose what and when to do when it feels right, based on what you want the most, not just on not worrying or inconveniencing people. After all, I plan to with time give you more and more space to grow confident in making your own work schedules as you learn, and how am I going to succeed in that if I'd insist on maintaining a strict leisure schedule, too? I am saying it's okay if schedules are readjusted as new things come up, after all, I'm sure watching whales sing will be equally fun whether on a hot afternoon, or under the light of stars, and the same goes for planning an island. It'll be equally fun whether now, or at night after we'd finish the trip... it's not about what we planned first, but what you're more excited to do first, " he grinned playfully, with warmth. " It's a good sign that you picked going on a ride over going on a trip right away, so you're improving in that regard, but you're still too considerate to everyone by nature, so you could say I'm trying to encourage you to be extremely spoiled and willful so that instead you can compromise with me and work on becoming just a tad more demanding and self-considerate as a person. So, what do you want to do? Naturally, as I said is my agenda, I am actively encouraging spoiled indulging behaviour, so I'm curious what you'll choose. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"You got me something from the mountains? I didn’t expect that, thank you. Let me see..." Senecio smiled.

---

"I really want to hear the whales," Svarik said. "This ride is just something to pass the time until then. I just don’t know how much time that really is."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
More than words, the smile seemed to encourage Erdel to be freer and less self-conscious, and his lips were curving upwards as he reached for his bag, and took out actually quite a sizeable jar from it that was emitting a slight glow, offering it to the actor carefully, as he had to take it in both hands because of its size. The glass looked crude and rough in texture as if it was homemade, but more than that, the content seemed to be the intended gift, as when Senecio took it and looked closer, he could see the jar wasn't some kind of lamp but instead had a pigment in it that was emitting slight light.

" It's a mixture that glows slightly in the light, and more brightly, with white shimmering, in the dark. I asked the critter that makes it, you can safely mix it in any makeup, it won't affect the chemicals, just add to it the glowing effect, "the young demon explained timidly, grinning lightly. " I was getting some for Zephir, so he can mix it with his paints and pain glowing pictures... But I just couldn't resist getting some to you too. You like mixing up your own makeup, so it just seemed like something you'd have fun with. Oh, it's also edible, so you don't have to be afraid of its effects, Beings that makes it actually mostly makes it because she apparently likes making cookies that glow.... You can of course eat it, too, but I got it because actual glowing makeup seemed like something you'd enjoy having. You can do anything you like, if you'd accept it, though, of course. I know, hmmm, that Tide and Hans's will be able to afford you more useful things like balms and medicines regularly from local Beings, so I thought it would be a more fitting expression of my intentions instead of something dramatic or serious to give you something you can have fun with. "

---

" Naturally, however long the time you want it to be. You should be a tad selfish every now and then to not lose grip on reality, " Falcon said pragmatically. " Okay, rather ask yourself this question then - what atmosphere would you most enjoy as you listen to the whales? The weather will be clear today, so do you want it now, basking in the sun, or later, listening to their song as we're stargazing? Because it's really not a normal animal watching experience where you have to chase a critter's natural clock. Since you're one of Sea Deity's favourites, having played to soothe her multiple times, whales will come as Sea Deity tells them you're ready, so it's really more like a casual hanging out with giant critters than animal gazing. Whales are actually rather intelligent animals, so by what I gathered Sea Deity can easily communicate with them on their own terms. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio took the mixture and turned it in his hands curiously, then opened the jar and put just a little bit on his finger and smeared it on the back of his hand. He observed it for a moment, and then smiled to himself. "Thank you," he told Erdel. "It looks really promising, I'll certainly experiment with it."

---

"I'd like to see them well, so it would be good to go while the sun is still up. A bit later in the afternoon, maybe."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Senecio's reaction seemed to encourage the demon, and he grinned a little wider, as he seemed finally able to tell what he really wanted.
" Well... since there's never a perfect moment to say it without sounding sappy... I just wanted to give you what I promised you last time. You remember... when we discussed what happened between us that one time, I told you I can't forgive you for all that stabbing thing just yet, but that I'll give you my reply if I see you're treating Tide well by the time I come back to the sea next time, " he waved away his hand as if it wasn't a big deal, but by slight embarrassment and a brighter more bubbly feeling, Senecio felt this was definitely something Erdel looked forward to saying for a while. " I'd have given it to you when you came to the capital, but with Death dying, it didn't feel proper to dwell on the past in front of him and make him needlessly nervous... but yes, all in all, I just wanted to say I like how you're living so far, and that I forgive you for stabbing and poisoning me and all that, and that I'd appreciate you getting rid of any pesky blame around it if there's any left, " he spoke the words rather simply and pragmatically as if he were trying not to make it a big deal for actor to accept, though his feelings clearly marked this was, unusually, something he seemed rather happy to give. " Beings often give some of their cool dramatic blessings to show mortals they don't hold grudges and look favourably upon their future, but since I don't have any blessings and I wanted to do this with proper weight, I thought giving you a little something fun would be fitting, so, " he grinned just a little, and timidly adding, waving his hand to the jar as if indeed giving a real blessing, as if hoping it'd be easier for Senecio to accept his sentiment if he added some flair and tease to it. " May your new life be blessed with a lot of fun, and please, seriously, don't mistake my fully innocent wish as underhanded flirting, or we'll both have a needlessly bad time. If I could do or say anything to reassure you that I neither desire to seduce you with presents nor blame you for what happened anymore, it'd be just honestly a great bargain for me. "

---

" Okay then... I'm only going to ask this so directly because hoping you'd suddenly realize it isn't working... we rode for quite a while, so we're not that far from Forth city by now, and there are quite a few quality shops there... I hoped that with your new given freedom to choose whatever you desire you may get a sudden desire to go buy Lipka something nice before she comes, " Falcon admitted a little embarrassed. " Mind you, more than that, I think it'd be really fun for *me* if I could get to buy you some cool trinkets or food, or maybe we could even visit a couple of expensive weapon shops so you can try out different weapons and see if you like anything like I promised you this morning. But more than spoiling I'd love to do, don't you think you ought to give something symbolic and nice to Lipka? I feel sort of bad for having to say it myself, but since you literally gave me magical clothes and a magical medallion, it feels a bit dreadful to not at least give her a little something that clearly shows you think of her equally, " he smiled a little frailly. " Because, while your bubbly favorability toward me is quite reassuring to me, I can't help but think it might end up feeling pretty bleak to the other party... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"No worries, even if you would be flirting, I don’t think it would put any wedge between Tide and me," Senecio smiled. "Thank you. It is good to be a step closer to putting the whole incident behind."

---

"Are we that close to the city already?" Svarik looked in the direction of the Fourth city to see how far from it they are. "I want to take Lipka to go shopping when she's here, I know she would enjoy browsing the shops and picking things herself. For something really cool and magical, it needs a deal with Alpha or Janus. What I suspect she would like most though, is the piece of land here. Her family were all farmers, and land is their most treasured posession. That’s I was also trying to pick today, but we decided to build the island instead. You are right though, the island won't be ready when she arrives. Do you think we would be able to buy one of these olive orchards under a fake name?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
The confidence with which the actor proclaimed his certainty in the relationship with Tide brought a smile to the demon's face that reached his eyes, and it seemed it actually made him happy to ease Senecio's guilt, as his heart seemed lighter by it too.
" Speaking of incidents... would it be too personal if I asked you how you're doing after... the whole poisoning thing? " he asked, though he tried to look apologetic and neutral, his feelings reflecting genuine worry and protectiveness - and a strand of guilt, too. " You died.... or nearly died, I presume, by the looks of it, " he murmured, gazing at him with a deep inquisitive look. " Could you... tell me how you're doing to ease my heart in turn? If I didn't... indulge myself by taking my time to get gifts for everyone, and then got ill and had to stay in the capital for a few days, I could have made it before the premiere and smelled the poison, or in the worse case, even if you got poisoned none the less, I could have just kept taking its damage on my body continuously until the poison spent itself. It's a, Uhm, unpleasant, and bigger strain than taking on injury once, but my regeneration is insane so I am very good at absorbing most poisons, and whether in a few minutes an hour, poisons effects have to dissipate eventually, so it's only a matter of taking the damage upon me and waiting until it's spent, " he shook his head nonchalantly as if it was not rather a gruesome solution, but something perfectly practical. " I'm glad you were saved in the end, but it was so close, so I still feel pretty bitter for not being here in time... You smell relatively healthy right now, minus a couple of minor unrelated things, but knowing just how much healing others had to pour on you to make you return to this point weighs on me. Are you... really okay? "

---

Through Falcon's eyes flashed some calculations, as if he was weighing down all their options.
" Wouldn't it feel a little empty, though... that you're building your own base here on the island, and I and Melody would obviously come there with bias, while you put her base way over here? Will your heart really feel complete like that, just because we can't have a whole finished island in one day? " he asked carefully, with newfound determination. " How about this: we come back right now, and you have some fun with Melody, while I got to Sage and arrange the island thing? True, in the limited time we have, we definitely can't build a big house on the island, but we can build the island itself. Let's make it a larger island, with enough place for our bigger house on one side, and bigger orchards full of olives, apples, pears, and everything we like and have a small house or two in the orchard for your private time with Lipka, tree house for Melody time, and star gazing platform for our private time, and we're all good. Besides, if she likes picking her own trinkets, won't Lipka feel more fulfilled picking her own plants and trees to plant here, as we plan it out together? Now, and then after the break for the whale trip, I could stay up late organising it, so that by the early morning, the land could be ready, and you and Melody can but grow some nice grass upon it so it's not bare ground. What do you think... a big grass-covered island, big enough for all four of us... " he coughed, sounding just a little timid as he added. " And, if all with Lipka works out... We can go to sampling shops tomorrow, and buy all sorts of small trees and flowers, and plant them together... It should be fine if there's no pretty house or anything else yet, as long as she can pick the part of the island she likes the most and choose whatever she wants to grow on it, shouldn't it? "As you said... you wouldn't want to dump even a dream house on someone when you can have the joy of building it with them together on top, right? That's a super important lesson I learned just now from a very cute very wholesome guy... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio grimaced a bit. "Well... I'm just trying to not think about it too much and keep myself busy. It's not hard with making another new play. Hans offered to take my place in the play... where it happened, so that helps too."

---

"Yes, I imagined something along those lines," Svarik nodded. "You caught me a bit off guard with the shopping suggestion as I was just trying to figure it out. If the bare island can be built before she arrives, that would be ideal."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh... I see, " Erdel's face darkened. Senecio perceived the demon was clearly disappointed, as he probably looked forward to seeing actor's depiction of Death, as he was the only one who hasn't seen the play yet - still, not knowing of actor's ability to perceive feelings, he didn't want him to think he's disappointed, so he timidly showed concern instead. " It's pity you aren't able to take due credit for your good work after you've poured so much into it... But nothing is as important as health, "the demon finally proclaimed firmly, as, having been sickly for most of his life until now himself, he seemed to have really strong feelings about it, adding earnestly, although shyly. " Would you feel calmer if I inspected the whole theatre just in case? Falcon trained me to recognize all sorts of chemicals, I'm really good at spotting all harmful things. Um, I'd need either you or Hans to be with me as I do it, as I don't want to appear like a thief sneaking around. It seems theatre is rather busy right now, just a heads up, " despite worry in his eyes, he smiled fraily. " I was a bit confused why sir Hans seemed so unusually busy around the theatre the whole day... I was feeling the presence of quite a few Beings around its stage since I arrived at dawn. I didn't go in, but I gathered from their talks they destroyed and are rebuilding the stage level by a plan made by you and sir Janus... I was rather happy at the time, thinking you have a good relationship with Hans and that he's rebuilding it as quickly as he can in between rehearsals to surprise you... Well, it technically is probably a surprise, in any case, right? There is much less Beings there with Hans than in the morning, though. I smell the strong scent of cleaning products and drying lacquer, though, and Hans is sweaty from running around, but he sounds rather chippy when he talks with Beings around him, so I imagine their work is near its end. Oh, but I don't think Hans has had anything to eat today, though, having worked since dawn. Would you... like to come with me to surprise him with a meal? I'm a little nervous, honestly, coming into a place where stranger Beings are on my own, but I guess I wouldn't mind going if knowing nothing will happen to you while I'm looking out would help you, if a bit... "

---

" For the record, I still think it'd be best if you got her at least one little nice thing before she comes... or, made at least one nice cute deal for her sake. It'd be a bit rude to keep asking too useful or dramatic things from Alpha before fulfilling more of the previous promises we gave him, but I think he still definitely couldn't resist if you asked him for something simple but heartfelt, like, for a random example, the softest most protective baby blanket in the world. That guy is a sucker for doing meaningful or cute things and isn't a baby blanket a really sweet gift when telling the other party you're looking forward to having your first kid? " Falcon teased innocently. " But if you're sure, I won't pester you too much. Let's focus on an island instead. Just trust me! We can return, and you can play with Melody, and just give me two hours, thee tops before we go on the trip. If I have three hours with Sage, I'm positive I can give Beings enough help to be able to pull it off the way we want it on time. We just need to do a most important thing before that -  pick the spot for the island. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"You can smell all of that from here?" Senecio asked incredulously, distracted from the talk about the role by that. "You can try smelling if it's safe, but I'm not sure if that would help me with getting back to playing the role, I'm sorry. I believe it's safe anow and you won't find anything. It’s only in my head now, you know? The feeling that I'm going to die if I step into that role again..." But the disappointment in Erdel's feelings at not getting to see him in the role made him feel bad, not only for Erdel but for all the disappointed audiences and in no small measure for himsel for missing the glory of his greatest role so far. "I should be doing something about it, I guess. Keeping myself busy is good to avoid thinking about it, but doesn't really help with getting back on stage. I don't know what I should do, though."

---

"I already got her a lot of trinkets when we were shopping, and several baby blankets and other things earlier, back in the capital. Picking a good place seems the best I can do right now, so let's do that."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Wouldn't it help if you did a couple of rehearsals at the newly rebuilt stage in private? If you rehearse and do parts you're dreading couple of times and see nothing is happening, wouldn't it help the knowledge set in? I... used to be very scared I'd bleed out and die if my limbs were cut off when I just began my training as a vampire, but once your hand is cut of couple times and grows back, it feels sort of silly to be afraid from that little, and more you train, more those fears fade, " Young demon chipped in hopefully, drawing from his own experience, as it seemed he really earnestly wanted to help, not realizing his experiences sound rather gruesome. " To be honest, if it was any other person, I'd advise them to be mindful of their mental health and maybe even quit acting if they feel it's no longer what they want.... and you especially don't need to work, since Hans is rich and you'll never lack anything at his side. But... I am saying this because it's you. I think this is something you'd regret later on... because you strike me as a person who'd be whittling with regret and agony if all the clapping you rightly deserve go to Hans who is merely copying your performance perfectly, and would only be good because he is doing right everything you already spoon-fed him. Only you'd be able to tell the difference between that and true mastery, and that'd eat at you, " Vampire voiced his opinion, his words sounding practical, but dripping with compassion and supportiveness - it was truly hard to see on the surface without additional sense, just how strong Erdel felt about many things, unused to showing them as a trained soldier that had to be restrained and stoic. " I don't know if I can help anyhow... at most, I could always take you to that man's grave so we can spot on it together in solidarity, you know. He's... rather infuriating existence to me, even if dead. But more than the dead, I'm concerned about your heart, because, even though you seem to care for Hans, I am not sure you'd be able to help the envy of him getting to experience the praise and adoration of fans that should have been yours, and then you'd be feeling even worse about yourself for feeling envious of the person doing this for your sake, wouldn't you? I may be presumptuous, but that was the impression I got from observing you, and I mean no offence... "

---

" Alright then... I will trust you this once, though only because it seems unlikely just one small gift would make a difference between her accepting the new relationship arrangement or not... Let's focus on the most amazing island-appearing-from-nothing gift instead, deal? " the man grinned, raising his hand for a high five innocently. " I nagged you way too much today, so just this once, I'll literally let you pick whatever spot in the water you want, even if you, like, pick it right across smuggler's den or assassin's guild or something. I'll literally make whatever spot you pick work, so pick the one you adore the most, deal? As long as it's surrounded by water from all sides, I am confident to organize the proper defence. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"You maybe right, but I'm not sure if rehearsals would help. I'm fine with rehearsing. It's the actual play where it happened, and that what I'm dreading, the full thing with costume, lights, stage, audience, everything. But if I do try it with all of that, I'm afraid I will break in front of the audience, and instead of the dame of the role, I will have the opposite. Maybe it would work to try in front of an understanding audience, but that in turn would require more people to know than I would like."

---

Svarik nodded, and rode along the coast, letting the horse spirit gallop as fast as he liked. He was watching the shore and sea, but more than that, he was listening to it, seeking for the perfect spot where it sounded best to him until he found it, not far from the place where they helped with tending to the olive trees.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" You make it sound quite a bit like one of those tricky puzzles no one can find the real answer to, " Erdel murmured, his ears twitching lightly, as he seemed rather focused, his feelings being coloured with rich shades of compassion and a wave of melancholic sadness as he dared to ask. " It's all really rather unfortunate... you smell deceptively healthy overall, yet if one is stuck in quicksand and keeps sinking, what value general good health has when you can't get out? " he shook his head quietly. " Are you really a type of person that chooses not to do what you love out of fear? Don't you think a question * what if it turns bad?* doesn't suit you? Haven't you been through worse than dying? " he asked meaningfully, with a strangely innocent attitude, without a shred of scorn - rather, with some kind of favourable sense of comradeship, and genuine confusion coming from that warm spot, speaking without any pretentiousness or fake wisdom sounding strangely practical. " What's wrong with asking yourself * what if it turns great? * instead? It suits you much more. You are Senecio di Parvaio. You crawled out of worse mud than this. You carved your way through it with sheer willpower, and lived your life the way you wanted it till the very end... You should take more pride in your fortitude than this. What makes you think you can't handle this when you have a perfect track record of overcoming things? You have, after all, survived everything life's thrown at you so far, even death. Would it suck to struggle to solve it? Sure. Terribly. There's no way *you* wouldn't be able to do it. You're adaptable to a fault. "

---

Conrad was checking the maps and marking location carefully, and as he checked, he seemed quite pleased, as in the end, thankfully, Svarik seemed to have picked rather a safe place, far from any immediate or likely danger, and man couldn't hide his joy at the fact. He was chatty and affable as they made a quick stop overlooking the spot, to discuss more details and make quick sketches of the outline of the island for reference for Being builders.

Right around the time they were discussing it, on the other side of the land, in the capital city, Eros and Simbel were finishing up comforting and explaining the present situation to the recently awaken Riversong, who was quite unsure of the present, his last memories being full of certainty that he'll die. It took them quite a while, but by this time, he was able to grasp the situation more, althought he was rather disoriented and unsure with so much changes while he was asleep. Once he grasped the situation an was deciding what to do first, Eros handed him a letter from Svarik, which Spirit read quietly and a little nervously, wanting to, before he does anything else, first what the meadow king wanted to say to him, as, not being in the loop, he was not sure if the letter was just a casual greeting or if it held any advice or plea on current events, wanting to honor those first if there were.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I guess I would be able to do it," Senecio agreed. "I'm good at pushing through, having a breakdown later. But it take time to recover then. With two performances a week, that’s just not sustainable. But it might be better if more things are different," Senecio said slowly, looking at Erdel. "The stage and the throne will already be replaced, but I feel that’s not enough. But you have so keen senses... I would feel safer if you keep guard. The problem is, I would but in character, the audience fades to me. How do you feel about a little role?  Just one or two lines, I'm sure Hand can incorporate the character if I ask him. The character would be Death's bodyguard, of course."

---

Svarik looked at the sketches closely, and like he let the sounds guide him in picking the island, he took a moment of focus to imagine how the shape of the island will change the sound of the waves and wind, and made corrections where he wasn’t content with it.

---

The letter was full of joy and relief at his waking, and regret at not being able to be there, then invitation to join Svarik at the Sea, and finally, as clear explanation of the situation with Death and Tide as Svarik could think of, with many reassurances that Death is safe there.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
The light flickered in Erdel's eyes as if the hopeful change in conversation pleased him.
" Well, if it would make that much difference... I guess I wouldn't mind if you were to make a deal with me to play a small role, " he coughed, pretending to be neutral while definitely feeling and evens sounding rather pleased, adding a little more brightly. " I heard the book with the script is already in print though, so I'd feel a bit bad if there was a secret addition nobody had in print... and... " he whispered seriously. " I heard the play is not going for complete accuracy, but as for Beings, it's pretty universal knowledge Death was deemed so powerful he never needed a bodyguard or whatnot, and it would seem strange that a bodyguard would not try to step in between him and Grendel. So how about not a role as a bodyguard... but a cameo as Riversong instead? " he asked quietly. " All the Beings know one truth - Riversong was always but a step away from Death, always supporting him from a side quietly, but never powerful enough to change anything big. Supportive, but quiet, and cowardly, and brutally aware of his weakness in combat. Won't it make sense for him to sit or stand by Death's scenes, and but watch over and grieve quietly at his side? That's what he did most of his life, anyway, " there was a gloom of compassion in Erdel's eyes as he whispered. " I don't think he needs to speak, for Beings to know who he is, if I merely put on some horns and flowy clothes. Beings would know, and for humans, they'd but think he's Death's weak attendant or servant, one kings has dimes a dozen. Wouldn't that be more true to the soul of your play than a bodyguard? Anndd... real Riversong would probably at one point watch the play, and I feel he'd be a little sad if he realizes his role in Death's life is so insignificant he got omitted, so really, aren't we having our cake and eating it too if we do it? "

---

This time, Falcon indeed gave him free rein and choices, as if to make up for all the restricting he did before, indulging in letting him choose as he sketches restlessly, and also, seeming to enjoy learning more about Svarik's tastes and dislikes.
Sometimes as they already wrapped up the talk about shape and layout and were discussing final details, with a fluttering sound of wind and a slight shimmering sound, Eros appeared at their side. He looked around, a little flustered from realizing he was outside in the open air, and also, definitely seeming relieved he did not end up appearing before a crowd of people, as he would if they were already in the city.

---

Indeed, while he was convinced by Simbel and Eros logically, it was a whole different thing to hear Svarik's reassurance about the situation, as he knew he could definitely trust Svarik wouldn't sugarcoat anything to spare him. Even more than that, he feared there would be the distance in meadow king's reply, and he was taken back a little, and encouraged, at feeling none of it in the words. It gave him more strength and hope that he can untangle the mess he had made of his relationships.

Before anything, so Svarik won't worry, he wrote a reply to him first, that is, he dictated it to Eros, as he was too faint to write just yet. Eros took the letter, to deliver it along with the news. Riversong, in meantime, gathered the courage to follow the advice Eros gave him - to clear out his feelings with Simbel and his sister Maira before going to the sea. He talked with Simbel first, telling him about his conflicting feelings about White Eagle, and how guilty he felt for not seeing the pond as White Eagle and cutting ties with him, and how guilty he felt that he likes how he was now more than how he was in life. Simbel cared for Ben, though, and there was no way he'd want to cut ties with him over that past, and was even happy Ben liked him more as he is now, and he accepted his apology and wish to be friends fervently.
Unsure with such strong to him unexpected acceptance, Ben was encouraged more, though, for the even harder conversation ahead, more fearful, but determined to see it through. Eros advised him to tell his sister Maira everything so that he wouldn't spend the rest of her life fearing if she's come to despise him if she learned the truth from someone else. So, he let Simbel call her, so he could apologize to her for sleeping so long - and so he could, in broad strokes, tell her about their childhood, their mother's madness and the abuse had had to live with, and how he killed their mother when she started to put his sister down that path, too. Among many of Eros's requests, before he faced Death if he wanted a good outcome for everyone, he told Riversong he had to clear things out with Maira and know if she will still think of him as her brother afterwards. So, like swallowing a bitter pill, but determined not to be the cause of everyone's misery again, Riversong steeled himself to, among other things, have this conversation too. (OOC: We don't have to RP it unless you'd like, we can just summarize it, as it's mostly important so he knows where he stands and can have closure, however good or bad, instead of always having doubts :) )

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio nodded slowly. "That sounds good to me. We should ask Hans, but I think he will agree, and then we need to commission the costume..."

---

Svarik dropped the pen in surprise, but then realized what's going on. "What news?" he asked.

---

Maira was having trouble to see him as her brother first, since he was a spirit now, but the longer they talked the more she recognized him and found it easier to talk to him like that.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Alternatively, if you'd like Hans's support too, you can always have him be the Riversong at one side of the throne and me as some other famous silent Spirit supporter of Death, like Solstice, maybe, on the other side of the throne. Since it's symbolic placement, not historical, you can be picky and choose what you'd like more, " Demon said sensibly, clearly trying to offer him more security so he could feel safer. Then, though, his feelings brimmer with more curiosity and timid hope, as he asked more shyly. " Anyway, since you're making a deal with me to play a role at your side, and all that... What do you think I'll ask you to give me as my part of the deal? " he bid with a small innocent smile. " It's fine if you get it wrong, I'm just wondering if I'm being properly mysterious as a Being, or as transparent as a wet sheet of paper. Can you guess? "

---

Eros caught his gaze, and couldn't help but smile slightly at his emotions.
" Well, he is a personification that strayed way away from his original purpose, so it took a bit to remind him enough to wake him up. Quite a lot changed, though... It's expected to when you split any personification into two distinct Beings, " he explained, with the same light smile, as he clarified. " What news first, hmm.... perhaps it's best if I tell you the most obvious part, so you wouldn't be surprised when you see him. His deep desire is to look as humanly as possible, so I managed to help him wake as close to his original human form as able, with more fluffy ears instead of the long horns he disliked - he left all that to his Demon half. But at the same time, he's missing a big part of his left arm, and he won't be making a soul piece to connect it to make a new arm for himself. Normally, he'd have done it without thinking much of it, but that'd lead him to big regrets later since he's unknowingly cut away his little Demon half from their role of personification. He'd feel terribly guilty in the future if he did that. So, I've steered I'm away from that path, to avoid those crippling regrets. But when you meet him, he won't have one arm, and as a result of his choice, his powers will be more limited in some, more expanded in other ways, so I'm telling you this first so you're not startled or disappointed when you meet him. I suggested it, but he is still the one who picked it. "

---

Riversong was unsure and afraid, but since Eros convinced him everyone will have much grimmer regrets in future if he keeps silent, he struggled but tried his best to be open. He admitted to killing their mother when he was seven to protect two of them from her abuse, and that he didn't want to hide it on purpose, but that he was afraid she was young at that time that he may burden her with things she didn't even remember, or worse if he hid it and she learned after some time, that she'd cut ties with him even if they grew closer in meantime. Since they originally planned to organize Maira and her boyfriend's wedding after Riversong got better, Being struggled as he quietly asked in the end if she still want him to be present at that wedding as her brother or not, and if she wanted to or not to have him in her life afterwards.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I feel like the role of Riversong is enough, also in case one of you has some other business. And what could you want as a deal? I don’t think I can guess, unless it's the classic "what will you offer me". I really hope it's not that, I'm running out of ideas..."

---

"I'm sorry, I don't quite understand..." Svarik said. "He still is a personification and his demon half isn't? Or his demon half stops being a persnification if he makes a new arm for himself?"

---

Maira needed some time to process all of that, but at the end she was able to reconcile with it and see Riversong as her brother, inviting him to the wedding again.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh, no, that sounds kind of entertaining, but no, I'd much prefer if you want to offer me something you do it when it falls on your mind, not pressured by the deal. And what I do want... Well... You know how I generally suck at being a Being but my great perception is pretty much my only strong point? " He smiled faintly, as he cleared his throat." It's harder not to notice than to notice some things, and in light of that - can I ask you for everything?" He raised his hand dramatically, with playful tone, as if hoping to coax more positive response with that approach, laced with fiercer warmth very fitting for him. " It's, sure, nothing compared to deadly poison, but even if not too severe, isn't it annoying? You should at very least give me bruises, bites and hmm, lashes I presume? None the less, I am greedy and I want everything, but for a start, wouldn't that much be a fitting minimum wage for  this humble actor?" He seemed to be even having a bit of fun, equating healing hurts to taking money, adding sheepishly." I can't possibly take anything less for my guarding services, but if you I'd give me everything you currently have, naturally, I'd hold you in much higher regard than if you choose to be stingy and give me too little. So, generous or stingy, what will it be?"

----

" Currently, both of them share the role, but Riversong's part of soul is huge compared to his demon part. If Riversong doesn't make himself a new arm, they can both continue to share the role through the remnants of connection they had once... But if Riversong remakes his soul piece, he will be strong enough to push his demon part out of the role, and both would suffer over that blunder, one from misery, other from guilt," Eros explained readily." As long as he doesn't remake it, they can just continue existing as they are, sharing their powers, if limited. Before this point, when being sole users of their powers at their time, Riversong was able to create Spirits and spirit soul pieces and his demon part was able to create Demons and Demon soul pieces... Now that they share the role, it's a bit hard to see full scope, but they will no longer be strong enough to create whole new Beings separately and their power over phisical matter will be lesser, though, on the contrary, both will be able to create both Spirit and Demon soul pieces. Riversong judged it was worthy tradeoff, and besides, he was actually rather horrified when he learned he made Xia when unconscious, " creatures explained." You see, it's been a very long time since Riversong make new intelligent Spirits, not doing it even if he were lonely and tempted. In his view, creating Beings out of nothing isn't much more moral than creating child soldiers, so it's not too huge loss for him, and it's not something his demon part should be doing recklessly without measure, anyway. So, it's actually quite even distribution of power, with neither being able to use full scope of it without the other."

Riversong, who always expected the worst with everything, was taken aback by acceptance more than he would be with refusal. He was unsure and needed a while for it to sink in, but as he dared to believe it a bit more, it left him a little more hopeful for the future. He said that he will definitely help with the wedding as soon as he returns from the sea. After the talk with Maira, he then proceeded to have talks with other people he missed, like Owl and Mole, and he was still rather frail, but he decided to spend time while Eros was away to do as much as he could on his side, so he wouldn't have regrets by the time they are to go to the sea.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio smirked a bit at the way Erdel was talking about it. "Okay, I have to ask. Do you really enjoy it or is it just a turn of speech? The pain, I mean. Is it just the act of taking it from someone that you enjoy, or is it also the pain itself? Because I can be a bit stingy with it, and maybe I'd like to keep at least a little bit for myself...

---

"I can imagine he's content with that solution," Svarik nodded. "But besides that, how does he feel about losing a hand? How does he feel about everything? Was he scared? Sad? Hopeful?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh... like, keeping it for sentimental, reminiscing reasons? Don't you sleep together all the time? Is there much for you to miss out on when you'll end up all bruised up by nightfall at the latest? " Erdel chuckled a little suddenly. " You're quite rich with this particular currency, so isn't it better to be generous to me and give it to me while I'm currently here? I digress, though, since I'm the one probing into your private matters, it's only fair I am also truthful of my feelings about it, " he spoke with but a slight grin, his mood brighter when sharing something he felt strongly about. " Well, in your particular case, I already am well aware from the time I bit your arm that you're way too tolerant to pain, and might not think much of your hurts until they escalate... and honestly, there was not one moment since I met you when I asked about you that I haven't heard you were injured, beaten up or poisoned to death after you continued playing while ignoring said poison. So, naturally, since you're particularly danger-prone and prone to thinking little of your hurts, you're around the top of the list of people giving me a headache, " he waved away his hand, not with frustration, surprisingly, but with a slip up of rather warm, protective feeling, that reflected upon his face as he shared more brightly and teasingly. " But in general, how should I put it... The happiness in the world is, truly, unfairly distributed, don't you think? What is your sin that you are prevented from even enjoying time with your boyfriend to the fullest without worries about the cost? I can see you haven't even gone all the way yet even though you're both two overly horny bastards, and where's the fairness in that? The scale of happiness in the world is terribly crooked, and I hate that I am merely ambitious to aid more just redistribution. " he grinned, but then seemed suddenly a bit uncertain. " If I can see there's space for me to do something about it, do you... find me strange for being happy to do it? "

---

" He wrote you a letter, I can give it to you when you like. In general, while at a loss and unsure about the hand, he didn't have much space for it all to fully sink in yet, because he was busy dealing with how relieved he was that he didn't kill anyone when lifting the curse. He was mostly unconscious up to this point, but lately, he rested enough to regain vague awareness of himself, and drifting in and out of consciousness, he felt something must have gone wrong for him to not be dead, after all. He was frozen up with fear that he may have ended up killing or hurting you, Death or lord Nameless, and unable to properly wake up... Crippled by the fear that over greed for a small chance of the curse lifting he ruined the more important things. If he woke up normally on his own, he'd be more conflicted and chaotic, for sure, but that's why you have me, sweet sugar,  " Eros smiled a little innocently. " It won't hold for too long, but to wake him, let's say I poured a whole lot of good associations on him, reminding him on good things and making sure he can feel through me that you're all alive and well and that he hasn't ruined anything or anyone just yet. When you're relieved you didn't lose your loved ones, after all, the pain of losing the hand is present but dull. Besides, I made sure to timely tell him that when he comes to the sea he can make deal with Janus to build him a prostetic hand, so he's unsure but a little more hopeful. Janus, you see, actually specialized highly in prosthetics, and while he was an Elder god, he spent most of the time building prostetics for his human believers, so much so that he was revered as God of new beginnings and such services were a vital part of his religion. Ever since he joined Tide's kingdom, he had built plenty of prosthetics for disabled Beings, too, so if there's anyone more capable of building him just as good replacement, it'd be Janus, " he smiled innocently. " And it's just perfect change for me to nudge Riversong to socialize a little, too. It'll do him good as a personification, to connect with more people, since for him, isolating himself from others is no different from tearing flower out of the ground. He needs to live by his purpose if he's to get properly healthy. "
1 ... 151152153154155156157 ... 179