Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 148149150151152153154 ... 180

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik chuckled lightly. "Okay, good. Exactly because I know your megalomaniac tendencies, I got unsure for a moment whether we are talking about literal mansions. For the record, if I'd ever want a house by the sea, it wouldn't be a mansion but a nice cottage with a garden overlooking the sea."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I know... that's the one single solitary thing stopping me from temptations of also literally buying you a cool mansion in whatever city you seem to be fond of. *I* would want you to have utmost comfort of a grand place to live where everyone serves you and you know you're safe at with nothing to worry about...but I know you'd just never use it, and would rather buy a little cottage secretly, " suddenly man chuckled with some thought as he added. " Just like I buy you most warm and comfortable clothes so you don't get sick with cold, but you still sneakily take of your booths and walk barefoot whenever I'm not looking. I don't have to see you to definitely know you're doing it all the time... " he spoke, not without a trace of amusement, as he lightly brushed Svarik's hair - it seemed as if he tried to make up for his mistake with signs of affection. " Usually I am good at stopping myself when I have indulgent unrealistic thoughts that hold what I want, not what you want... but I guess... ever since you asked me out, I haven't been quite my usual self. My head has been in the clouds... I have way too many positive feelings, and I don't know what to do with them. I... really needed a house level wake-up call, before I began planning any mansion level stuff. For... for the record, so you don't worry, I really am not planning any extremely huge things next tied to our friends and allies. It's all mid-ranged stuff, like the matter with Riversong. If you want to be informed beforehand so that you can consider what can be done, too... " he added, somehow timidly. " The next thing I'm pondering about is how to get closer to and help Hans and Janus. I just haven't yet come up with anything too worthy of discussion. Now that I have the ability to Listen, though, unlike when they were merely quirky allies I didn't want to think too much about, I can't ignore the fact... that I don't like colours around them. So I want to change them to better colours. It, it counts as telling you on time if I tell you now, right? " he asked for reassurance, indeed, not sounding like his common plan-driven self - rather, sounding like someone that's trying to find a new way to do something. " After all, it's still a plan in its infancy that is so much alike a dream that it's embarrassing to call it a plan because it's in early development. I am still at *gaining their trust* part of it and don't have any concrete steps beyond fundamentals. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you, I'd like to help with planning that. I need to write the letter now, but I'd really like to discuss it with you and form some ideas, okay?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes... It... Is not as fun surprising you with solved issues as I thought... I can do it, but it's just not fun if I don't get a positive response. So, I would like to... Discuss this with you sometimes when you can, today or following days," Falcon agreed slowly, seeming a little encouraged by the new agreement and finally ready to move on and not dwell on it. There was but a little warm smile on his lips as he coughed and offered innocently." So... Since carrying pen and paper in case of an urgent message is fundamental and all... Do you want common white sheet of paper or something more wholesome? I actually began carrying various colours, since I mainly write reports back and forth with Mole nowadays, and I began sending him colorful notes to keep his spirits up. I even have two glittery sheets I got from Tide, so what kind of paper would you like? As for ink, I have black, red, pink and violet... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik thought for a moment. "With such options, it's surprisingly hard to pick... Blue or green, maybe? With violet ink?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" You always wear a lot of green, so green may be a more fitting colour to be a comforting reminder to him. I have bright green, and glittery green paper, so you can pick. And I usually save pink for little encouraging notes to Simbel, so picking another colour like violet may be best. Death's eyes are violet, too, and it's a nice colour to remind him of another thing in his comfort zone. So, I'm all in favour of green paper and violet ink, I think it'll be a good additional touch to soothe him, though, of course, the contents of the letter are most important. Do you want us to give you a moment of privacy to write it, and wait for you in front of Eros's room? Or should we just wait for you here if the letter won't take too long? "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Give me a moment, please. I need to think about it for a bit longer," Svarik asked.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Falcon nodded, straightened a bit, took out papers and pens, and neatly put it all on a nearby little table.

" Then... we'll wait for you at Eros's room, deal? " he offered gently. " Take your time. Since it will take a while, how about I take that time to have Eros and Erdel meet up? I wanted to introduce them to each other these days anyway and it seems I have the time right now, so might as well do it, what do you think? " he said, being vaguer with words, as he didn't want to say in front of the young demon that he's trying out lad's synergy with different Beings to see if they fit in his "make Erdel more immortal friends" ongoing plan.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, that’s a good idea," Svarik nodded. Then he looked up and smiled at Conrad pressing the stone to his heart. "Thank you."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
That gesture managed to coax a bigger grin from Conrad's face, and his mood seemed to grow more hopeful than before.
" Just... just because you're so adorable when you thank me, I... I am going to ace all gifts in the next few days, just so you know, so look forward to it, " he couldn't help tease, just like he couldn't help at least some parting affection - and he patted Svarik's head lightly, with a very soft warm gesture. As if growing just a touch embarrassed with showing his feelings so abundantly, he coughed and stepped away like it was no big deal, and casually wishes him luck.

Erdel and Melody also wished him good luck, one more timidly, the other more brightly, encouraging him. Then, the Spirit that was in her child form right now tugged on Conrad's sleeve, and the man smiled and timidly raised her up and carried her easily in one arm so she doesn't have to climb the stairs, and with his free hand, he waved to the young demon to follow him, which Erdel did, stumbling to catch up to them who were already in the hall, closing the door behind them. Like that, they left Svarik alone for a little bit anew, so he could gather his thoughts and write.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik thought for a while and then started writing the letter for Riversong, starting with "Good morning". When he was finished, he folded it carefully and then went to join the others in Eros's room.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
As he knocked and entered, he saw that the group was centered around the little table in the middle of the room. Melody was sitting in Conrad's lap armchair, and Erdel seemed shy but curious as he observed the unusual Being from the chair on the other side.

Eros was sitting by the table, and was rather casually stretching his hand over the little pink gemstone necklace that was laid the table. His palm was cut and little drops of blood were falling on the stone that was shinning lightly in response to it, but Being seemed nonchalant about it, as if it didn't hurt much, explaining something patiently and gently to the group as he was doing it.
It was apparent that whatever he choose to gift to Simbel as a meeting gift was currently being made, and he was telling others, especially Erdel who seemed timidly intrigued with it but wary of blood, explanation of how it works.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik entered quietly and remained standing between Conrad and Erdel, as he wasn’t sure if what Erdel is doing requires concentration and didn't want to disturb it.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
As Eros finished saying something about focusing on their feelings, his eyes fell on Svarik briefly. His gaze was a little weary but warm. He seemed to be focusing on his work intently, and there seemed to be strong melodies bending around the jewel with whatever he was doing with his blood. Still, he looked composed enough that he could talk to them a little at the same time.
" Hello, dear, " he greeted Svarik, acknowledging his presence, speaking only a little slower through effort. " I apologize, we're almost done, it will take but a minute or two. Try not to distract your friends, they are kindly helping me strengthen the blessing. Would you like to watch, or take a little part? " he asked, as he didn't have enough composure to explain all details while working, so he instructed what he could simply instead. " I'm making a little gift for your little friend Simbel. If you may, if you could think about him and good memories with him and try to recall the brightest feelings he gave you - that would help plenty. You may speak of him if you like if that would make remembering easier. Sir Falcon just told me and showed me a really bright and grateful feeling from the time Simbel helped him as White... It's okay if you don't feel like taking part, it'd just be rude not to offer it to you when you're here, " he grinned but lightly, to reassure him. " I imagine, without context, I've thrown a quite cryptic request at you. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"It's fine, I get it," Svarik smiled and stepped closer to the others, leaning on Conrad's chair. "I really like to remember the trip he made for us in a dream, watching the stars from a really high mountain without any of the wind and cold that would be there in reality."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Conrad smiled with the memory.
" He always took such meticulous care to make us beautiful dreams... Even when the Long Night was looming above us, it was hard not to draw strength from how happy he was to share with us the sights he loved, or comfort from his tries to cheer us up and shield us from fear even when he himself was overcome with them. "

" He is wonderful in dreams, too, but I really fell in love with how adorable he is expressing himself since he gained a body, " Melody added in tenderly. " He is just so awed by everything, and so eager to learn... I spent a lot of time teaching him to write Lowlandian and speak a little more of it. Seeing how happy he was when he finally managed to write a full sentence, crooked and silly as it was, always brings a smile to my face. "

" I... had a peculiar way of knowing him... Not quite through dreams, and not quite with real form, either. But... yes... I guess, whatever the form, he has certain... loveliness about him, " Erdel murmured, a little more quietly than the others. Still, it seemed he wanted to contribute to it, too, and he continued timidly. " Most of my memories around him are of feeding him and taking care of his fairies, snuggling with them through the long quiet nights when all else would fall silent and dark. In particular, once I decided to surprise him, I borrowed some suppliers and sewn many little clothes for his fairies. He seemed... really happy, and the pond was really even warmer than usual that day, and fairies were buzzing all around me the whole night, nestling in my cloak and pockets, and brushing my hair as they fell asleep on my shoulders. It... was quite something... "

Eros listened to them intently, nodding gently to their words. As he did so and as they spoke, they all felt as if they were being watched and observed intently, though there was no threat, only gentle inquisitiveness behind it, a light power using the feelings behind their memories to probe and sense something deeper within the fabric. Whatever he was doing, he seemed to be using them as some sort of guide and anchor.

Finally, with one more nod, he stopped drawing blood, and the wound on his palm slowly began to heal with it. With his other unharmed hand, he took the necklace instead - it was still shimmering and light seemed to bend slightly around it, but it was hard to figure out what it was meant for. Eros was grinning brightly as he turned the little gem in his hands.

" Thank you, everyone... you all gave me a lot of insight, " he said, with a clearer voice since he didn't have to focus to multitask anymore. " First gifts should show good intent but not be too burdensome, so it isn't anything large just yet - still it's much needed first step. I still need to see how it goes once he puts it on, but in all theory, it has been anchored strongly enough to work... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"What should it do?" Svarik asked with natural curiosity.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Eros smiled lightly with the curiosity.
" Your friend Simbel... Is very peculiar. Extent of what he can be and do is shaped greatly on what he is given. I can not give him a blessing directly because it requires soul and body tied to that soul - and he is raw power symbioting with a plant, but not a plant himself. But now, he has a demon vessel. It has no soul, so I can't bless it directly, but I can do something similar enough. You see, when we use our power on people, we Beings create blessings, and when we use it on objects, we create artifacts," he explained softly, while turning artifact in his hands." Vampires are half demons, and demons are able to feed directly on feelings of others if their souls are linked in some manner, but it's not the only way. I can use the link between positive feelings between him and people he cares for to create an indirect link. I sometimes make artifacts like those for Demons, though how much they work depends on a person. "
" In short, we are making an experiment to see if we can lower our grocery costs for Simbel. " Falcon grinned brightly, and Eros laughed a little, shaking his head.
" Yes, for sure, it's totally out of practicality that you clearly excited, sir Falcon... But I digress. Please, don't have too high hopes, but in theory, it should be something highly compatible with your little friend. This is just a low level artifact, enough to make a test. In worst case, he will merely feel a tinge of refreshment when people somewhere recall him and feel strongly about him. In best case... He will be able to feed on the energy of positive feelings he creates in others, since they will naturally be drawn to him through his vessel. With this level artifact, it will be probably but a little snack,not really a meal - but confirming the theory is what's most important. So, you could say that rather than an artifact itself, my gift to Simbel would be a glimpse of the future that could be. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Oh, I think he will really like that," Svarik smiled. "So after you give it to him, we'll be able to send him a snack even from over here?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes, this little distance is nothing big for feelings. Feelings are ingrained in the fabric but the energy from willing them into the world is fluid and shifty, like a bunch of specks of light shimmering through the world. If it's drawn to him through the artefact, it'll easily reach him from only this much distance. Only bigger distance is problematic, like, for example, the distance to heavenly bodies. Alpha's star form, for example, is way too far for these things to work on him, while your friend Simbel doesn't have to worry about it since this is merely a day and so of flight far from him, " Eros reassured him gently. " So, yes, you'll be able to send him a snack even from here. I was debating on whether to give him this or a gift that will increase the range over which he can talk to people who planted their flowers in thoughts since he's now outside your range clearly, but your friends here reassured me Simbel has great fears of being hungry, so that gift of little more independence would be something he'd feel more emotional over, so I decided to go with that. "

" Simbel is always at best case self-aware, at worst feeling bad about how much he is eating. Having him depend a little less on our money and more on how happy he makes us would do wonders for his confidence, " Falcon replied without doubts. " On top of it, he can only eat feelings drawn to him, that is, good feelings he caused by existing, so he'll feel like he's more deserving of it than if it were some random feelings. Besides... now he's a new God, and his range of influence is mostly tied around the city still, but I never planned on merely keeping him as a city Deity. We'll make him a national level one. With having bonds and influencing people of the whole kingdom, instead of just the city, the tiny snack is bound to one day be a hefty meal, right? "

" You've got it, " Eros nodded, sounding pleased but also a little timid. " I feel that whatever road he wishes to take will be a steep one... So, I wish to help him, if a little, to give him more potential to grow stronger, to better defend what he finds worth defending. Better he is like a God and the more lives he touches, the stronger will he become in return to be able to touch even more lives without stretching himself thin... That is how the world should be. It is a needed little step, to make the unfair life he is in a little fairer. "

" Indeed, he should have the best conditions for growth... How long do you think this prototype will be able to last? Do I have to contact you when it begins to break? " Falcon inquired, sounding ever so practical, despite his voice being so enthusiastic that even without Eros's power to distinguish feelings it was easy to see the man was happy.

" This is a low-level artefact and can't withstand too much - if it works properly, it will probably break from overuse in a couple of weeks. The sooner it breaks means he ate more through it, so do try to break it as soon as you can, " Demon winked playfully. " It is merely in my hope that whenever he breaks this one, he will feel safe enough with me to trust me to build him a higher level artefact. Of course, I'll need your help finding the materials for it then... This little gem is just enough for my budget... Making him something that would last him a few centuries would probably require something like... a pink diamond the size of a fist, and I definitely don't have a fist-sized diamond type of money... " he chuckled. " But you have Riversong, who has great sway over the material world and can weave gold from hay, and other improbable things similar to Alpha. I believe that, if Simbel accepts my good intentions, you won't have trouble finding better materials than I could afford. Simbel feels very close to you, so when it comes to big lasting gifts, not small ones like this, you should be the ones giving a bigger contribution to it, for it to have proper emotional weight. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik nodded. "Speaking of Riversong, could you please give him this letter when he wakes?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Of course,. little one, letter will be most helpful, " Eros agreed, and he put both necklace and envelope in his pocket, as he chipped in just a little nervously." And.. and, speaking of Riversong - do not worry too much if it takes me bigger part of the day. I will wake him up quite sooner, I'm sure, but he's way outside the loop to figure out what to do in current circumstances - after all, when he fell asleep as flower,  his world was smaller and definitely did not have a Demon king who is conspicuously holding Death seemingly hostage... After becoming poor thing's Semai... After his own Demon hunters tried to kill him, " he chuckled just a bit." As I said, do not fret. I will bring him into the loop carefully so he understands there is nothing to worry about, but with his attachment issues, especially since you are guest of the said Demon king too, while Jake is his exclusive cook, heh... " He glanced at Falcon with bemusement, as even by man's innocent expression, it was clear Conrad felt quite smug over the timing." Yeah, Riversong will come here as soon as he can. If you will allow me, I have wings and I can fly quite fast, so I wanted to offer to carry him here through next night if he doesn't wish to tire sun spirits."
" But you will still appear before us first, as soon as Riversong replies to Svarik's letter, right?"
" Of course, of course. I would not want you to worry for too long. I am positive I will return in couple of hours, after I explain everything to him."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm just wondering, does Death know?" Svarik asked. "He may need some time to mentally prepare, too..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" No, of course he should know, I agree," Eros nodded lightly and turned to Conrad to see if he told him.

" I.... didn't have time to do it yet as I was excited to tell Svarik first, " man admitted a little unsurely " I wasn't really... Thinking of priorities in objective order..."

" Of course you didn't... It's hard to arrange priorities well when impressing your boyfriend is too high on your list," Eros teased with a light grin, but then his look grew a touch more serious as he looked back to Svarik." I have a parting instruction to you, little ones, regarding Death... It wouldn't be proper of me to tell him, because it would open too many questions that Riversong should answer him, not me. You need to choose between yourselves who will tell him, but my advice is that it will be best if it's either Erdel, either Tide. I need you to tell him that Riversong will be alright... And that it's very important that Death does not try to intervere and come to the capital, or look into the future lines for this. When his talk with Riversong comes it should be first time talk," he grinned a little mysteriously." Let's just say, if he does as I bid, and wait just a bit longer until the Spirit comes to him, future he gets will be much more... Comfortable."

" I... Could tell him," Erdel offered shyly." I... Kind of got him a little gift from the mountains, anyway, since I got gifts for everyone, so I wanted to stop by shortly to say hi sometimes when I am able today... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Maybe discuss it with Tide first, he might have a better idea about Death's current mental state and about how it would be best to tell him about it," Svarik suggested.
1 ... 148149150151152153154 ... 180