Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 147148149150151152153 ... 180

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh, I think being Semai with you helped the most. I've been observing and stealing the ways you deal with all the noise in the fabric while we were together. It just doesn't seem to me like it's natural for me to express those things in music as much as you. I mostly feel like... it helps me put many things into perspective, " he smiled a little unsurely, not minding to speak of it this time it seemed, even before three of them, not just king alone because it was three people he trusted. " I still mostly perceive this new sense as additional colours... it's just that the colours I see grew much more nuanced as I practised Listening. Sure, in practical matters, hearing helps me in fighting and negotiating because I can understand some things better, but in truth... I mostly appreciate non-practical aspects of colour, " he replied with just a little more timid smile, as he moved his hand but lightly, and patted Svarik's back with a soft warm emotion. " I have seen many ugly colours... but colours I see when I am with you are so worth the effort to learn Listening... all the yellows and oranges of contentment, happiness and trust... you colour my whole world golden, " he grinned just a little more as he added more firmly. " It was hard, but in the end, I'm really thankful for this gift. I was always so doubtful and sceptical, questioning everything and everyone I knew... But I can not question this bright yellow. With you, with Simbel, Melody, Baldir, Erdel... the colours do not lie, and I feel like I can see a path to a little more honest life if I follow them. So... you don't have to worry about me. Honestly, I am doing better than I ever thought I will... I just really feel the great, aching need, to bring out more and more colour from you as you grow. And... And, the sword would be the best starting point, because swords are most convenient to carry as weapons and people won't steal too many glances at you. But I was actually thinking that, once we coax Janus more, we could get him to make a good spear weapon carry with his hidden dimension. Weapons in spear families would suit your build and agility more, and give you more range so you are safer, but the biggest hassle with spears is that they are hard to carry and take off and on, as it takes time during which someone with a sword can quickly stab you before you're ready to fight. But if Janus could neutralize that difficulty by making it appear in and out of concealed dimension easily, carrying a spear type of weapons, like halberd or polearm, would be a good match for you. Spear, as the main weapon, and the sword, for smaller places and in case spear brakes, as a backup weapon. It's the same getup as a royal guard. I've been planning to offer you that after you get some better basics with swords, of course, but only after I win Janus over more and solve the issue, but I guess it doesn't cause much harm to tell you my future plan about it in advance... it is just a small part of a bigger picture... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm not sure if a spear is what I'm looking for..." Svarik said. "If there is somewhere we could try different weapons from different parts of the land, maybe there will be something... I don't know. Or maybe we can come up with our own design, if we don't find what we're looking for. But I would rather start without a weapon first, and figure out the fighting style before we decide on one. And maybe I can still teach you some Listener tricks, too. It's interesting to know that you perceive sounds as colors. I don't. I rather associate other things with sounds. Maybe you hear golden color with me because you associate it with me. Knowing that, I thing I could figure out a way to teach you tricks like sending your voice on the wind. It can be useful sometimes."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Conrad couldn't help but be interested in the offer this time.
" We can always browse some weapon shops to try to find the one that resonates with you... if it's some that you like and I happen not to know to use well, I'll just master it first so that I can teach it to you. And if we don't find anything ready-made, well, we do have Sun Spirits who are good blacksmiths staying with us, so we can try to come up with something new... I have confidence that I can find a way to teach you in a way that would be fun for a Listener, as I understand how the different perspective affects fighting styles since I have a lot of experience in fighting, so as long as I can teach you in a way you'll enjoy, I'll be happy whatever weapon we pick as the main one. Even if I am Swordmaster, I can use a whole lot of different weapons, after all. Spear, axe, sword, bow and arrows, polearm or daggers, you name it... I can wing with anything. Still... I do admit I definitely don't know those practical skills tied to listening. None of those seemingly instinctive things, like sending voice on the wind. I rely heavily on my eyes, more than any other sense, so it's easy to see how it's more natural for me to tie listening with seeing since I wasn't born a Listener. Okay... I take my previous words back, " he smiled a bit shyly. " You suck as a teacher for not checking up on my Listening sooner, you definitely should have taught me the cool obscure useful things. There never was a right time, though, with all life dangers, but how about teaching me sometimes when we find the time? It's unusual... to think of you teaching me something tied to practical and not emotional skills, but well, you can't beat the experience of someone born with an extra sense. Though... If you want to return the favour to me for my offer that would calm my ever restless heart... You can always give me a hug. Hugs are, after all, my favourite Svarik related currency... you give way more impressive hugs than any stab I can give in a swordfight, or punch in a brawl, " he said innocently, then though, he coughed, adding with a little mischief, as if trying to find best words to pique his interest. " Hmm, you might want to hold back on the hug just yet. I don't know if you'll be frustrated with me just yet. I haven't told you about the last gift I planned for today, after all. The first gift was about offering you a fluid option to learn from me while having fun... The second gift must be balanced, and put you before a finished act you can't change anything about and that's already decided, though, right? " he shrugged, but seemed pleased, like a cat playing with its food. " I may have succeeded in a fun little plot I've had going since we came here, that I look forward to informing you about. If you promise to give me at least ten hugs and teach me at least one cool Listening trick by the end of our trip these days, I'll inform you of the little headache of a poor Being Eros that's happening as we speak and is totally my credit, instead of informing you tonight when it'll already be solved. You'll have to give me at least one hug as collateral first, of course, if you want full information... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"The danger with hugs is that I want them too, and now that I knoe you do as well, there's a danger I might not stop..." Svarik said half- jokingly and pressed himself against Conrad, wrapping his arms around him. "So what is it? It sounds like some revelatikn I should both dread and be excited about..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Falcon leaned against Svarik's hug longingly and with trust, as if indeed, he craved something from it, a secure and safe feeling he could not properly put a name to, but was hungry for. His voice held an echo of mischief, but he closed his eyes as if savouring the moment as he spoke.
" It's just... that I was quite drunk yesterday, and full of inspiration to come up with something to do to thank you for the last night... so my mind just kept racing, and I suddenly had a breakthrough. That is - you know how I wanted to convince Eros to visit the capital? I finally come up with a strong enough argument to tilt his maybe into yes,  so I talked with him as soon as I woke up, " he grinned a little." I was chipping away at his resolve ever since we met, and I guilted him with the need for the ill lord Nameless to have custom nutrient pills and baited him with meeting Simbel and Zephir, but last night I finally figured out how to break him and solve one of your more lasting worries at the same time. Mainly... it was starting to get worrisome by now that Riversong wasn't waking up from the flower form since he should have been ready by now physically, and Zephir said that there was probably emotional conflict preventing him from making a final step - and then last night I suddenly thought, who is better to figure out the gentlest way to wake Riversong, than Eros who has to understand of all his emotions? I talked with him, and the Demon observed him through lad's bond with me, and he definitely said he can wake Riversong up properly if he goes to the capital... " Falcon opened his eyes to observe Svarik's reaction through half-raised eyelids, speaking slowly, as if enjoying feeding him bits by bits. " And, heh, totally just by happy coincidence - do you remember when Eros gave us his feathers when we met? I actually right that same day sent one of his feathers through bat messenger to Mole at the capital, preparing for the moment I'll convince Eros, and I guilted him so well that despite all his fears of priesthood he can't help himself not to go there out of concern, " the man chuckled mischievously, as if he had pulled the evil mastermind plan, not actually organized an early meetup of people he liked. " So, basically, he can use a feather to teleport right to the city, and I had him give me a couple of his feathers again, and convinced him to give Mole a couple more of feathers too, so, as long as we have his feathers, he can use them to basically go back and forth between us and Mole. So, all in all, on one side, I established a direct emergency line where as long as we make sure he's safe we can use him as nearly instant messenger, instead of having to wait a day for animal messengers. On the other hand, by the end of the day, Riversong, Ben, that is, will be awake again, Nameless will have first nourishments pills made for him, Simbel will get a growing experience of meeting another clumsy loveable Demon, and Eros will break the first ice and have nice walks in the garden outside without fearing Bull Priests will hurt him and see that the capital isn't so scary after all. So, all in all, what do you think? I thought it would be a fitting start to just another regular manipulative day of your local over the top workaholic boyfriend, and a nice first step to a future we'll shape... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik needed a moment to follow all that Conrad was saying to him. "Riversong will wake *today*?" he asked in disbelief. "But we aren't there... And does Jack know?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I judged it's better if we aren't there, actually - now that he realized he didn't die, after all, isn't it better if he is given enough space to decide what he wants to do? Since we're not there, he'll right away know if he's missing us or not. I told Eros to, in case he wants, invite him to ride a Sunspirit to come to visit us if he chooses, or stay there and wait for us to get back if he needs a few days instead to collect himself, " Falcon bemused, sounding rather pleased with himself. " Isn't this way the best way to jolt Riversong into starting to make choices for himself? And luckily for me, he'll either spend a few days being taken care of and soothed by Simbel and Zephir, or he'll decide to come here and finally broaden his horizons and have some good experiences, maybe even join us at that private Being ball we'll have. He'll grow either with time for himself or with new experiences here with us, that part of my plan is fluid and depends on what he chooses, " the man glanced at the king, as if a touch bemused and curious about his further reaction. " In either case, I told Eros to return to us as soon as Riversong makes his choice, which should be sometimes during the day. So, as soon as he chooses, Eros will come back to us and we will know. And, by the way... if you have a message or note to send home through Eros, you can, he can't carry too many material things when he goes through the fabric, but he can carry a little. He's still in the house right now, in his room. He's going to leave soon, but he's first trying to come up with a little meeting gift for Simbel since he knows he's scared of Demons and wants to leave a good impression on him. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm not sure about this..." Svarik bit his lip. "I don’t know how he will feel after waking up. Won’t he be confused? Won’t he need soothing and reassuring? Shouldn't I be there?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" If you're so against it, you can yet run to Eros to stop him, but why not hear me out a bit more? Actually, to be honest, while there may be a tiny chance that he may choose to stay at the capital, think about it - the people he will want to talk to the most would be you, Death, and Jake, and right now, all of you three are here in the same city... I'm almost 99% certain he'll come here to talk to you all. Isn't the quality of the bait I put before him just too sweet? " Falcon bemused, with an incredibly smug and playful smile. " Sure, he may need a lot of information and catching up to do... but isn't the main battlefield he will need you on here? Think about it. He'll want to come to talk with Jake and Death anyway, so he'll have to soon come before Jake leaves the city. And Jake is sensitive, and Death is doing better, but he is a lot emotionally withdrawn these days - what if Ben comes and they reject his companionship both? Now, that would be extremely painful and something he'd need comforting for, " man tempted meadow king with a gentle and mischievous voice, unusually bright, but surprisingly fitting for him. " Isn't it a much better gift to you like this, to make sure he wakes at a time you're here too at a time he has those talks, instead of back home busy with work? Jake and Death may accept him, but they may both reject him, too, which would be a big blow to him to handle alone. Isn't it a perfect development, to make sure you're comforted in this distant land to him just in case that happens? Wouldn't it be nice, instead of all memories of the capital, that I've bought you a couple of memories at sea with him? Isn't that a much better gift to you than merely arranging Riversong to wake up eventually? After all, wouldn't you be much more troubled if Riversong woke up after we went back home, and he had to go to the sea all alone, while you had to stay at the capital and pick up the slack from work? That does not sound like Svarik I know, heh..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm not ahainst it," Svarik said. "I just feel like I should maybe go back to be there, and then return with him. I feel like I may be letting him dowm by not being there in a big moment..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" In the best case, it's one day travel to the city when you rush, and one day to get back... That's two days of getting incredibly tired, just to be back at the same spot... And even more so, that's the two days you'll lose *with me*. In the capital, we won't be able to date as freely as we do here, and we are still figuring out a lot of things... Won't you regret those two days of memories with me spent merely on a flight? Do you doubt Simbel's ability to do a base level of comforting? " this time, Falcon asked just a touch more distantly, straightening a bit, as he added. " Honestly - Riversong has missed a lot of events, and more than comforting, won't he need, like, hours of talk to get informed on all that happened while he slept? Don't you hate talking the most? We can leave boring exposition to others and leave comforting to you when he gets here, " he sighed. " It's not like you have to be there in person to support him. Eros still hasn't left, and he can't carry a person, but can carry little things with him. How about you write a letter to Ben, and bake him some nice cookies to send through Eros? Remember, right now is Tuesday, and Friday night is our last night here... You'll need Wednesday to return, and a big part of Thursday to fly back here with Ben... What use comforting here would be if you arrive back at the sea on Friday morning when we have to set back home on Saturday morning? Instead, if we leave Ben to his own devices, I'm confident there's no way that he won't be here by sometimes tomorrow... He's a Spirit, on top, so he can travel at bigger speeds safely than tiny humans following him would be able to travel. Isn't more time to make memories more precious, regardless of what happens? Until he comes, you'll have more time to make memories with me, Melody and others... and when he comes, you'll have more time to make memories with Ben. Is it really not a balance more suited for your situation? I... was actually planning to use Eros to my advantage, and exchange reports with Mole in real-time, as well as pass bigger chunks of documents between us, something we can't do with tiny messenger animals. I wanted to try distance working...  and to write laws and continue doing things in your name from here, to buy more time for us here... but most I would be able to safely buy the first time I'm trying this experiment are Saturday and Sunday. Isn't it better that I buy you those two days for the weight of extra memories, instead of for two days of travelling? It was a gift I planned to give you tomorrow when I convince Eros to be my roped in errand boy and all, but still, don't you want those two days for more memories? I'd be a little grieved if I worked hard from distance only to have that time without you... Instead of rushing on all sides to keep a tight schedule, you'll have all the time here to comfort Ben in case of the worst, for a few days instead of one. I wanted to get you two comfortable amount of time for things to settle down without having to rush it in a day... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes... you are right, of course..." Svarik nodded. "It just feels like missing someone's birthday. But you are righr. I'll write him a letter, okay?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Rather than having to go there physically, you can still take the time until he comes to buy or make him something nice as a birthday gift... This is more like being given new life, than merely waking up, so isn't a cool little birthday present the best choice to reassure him you still care for him when he comes here? Until then, yes, getting him a nice letter and maybe sending some cookies or something else to know you think of him something he'll be most pleased about? We can go down right away and give it to Eros before he leaves, " Falcon replied a little more gently, a bit less tense when it became apparent Svarik won't suddenly leave, although still seeming to feel a little touchy about it. " You don't have to worry... Having Eros as an errand boy in the next few days will definitely take a big weight off our need to resume our obligations directly. I can't promise more than that just in case, but I'll definitely be able to buy Saturday and Sunday for us to stay here, now that that unsuspecting pushover Love God will be able to bring law books and heavy documents back and forth between me and Mole. I know how much every day of rest counts for your mental state after everything that happened, too... I would try to buy you more days somewhere sunny anyway, even if I didn't suddenly come up with this option for Riversong... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"It really is good to stay here with you," Svarik said. "I wouldn’t think about leaving if it didn't feel like I may be needed. But it would only complicate things and I see it will probably be fine if I stay here. With both Jake and Death being here, it will probably be really complicated between them, but I hope it will be resolved in one way or another. Maybe it’s more of Eros's domain, hopefully it will work out. So, I'll write the letter and them we go to see the whales?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" That's why I am sending Eros alone, too. He even managed to help you entangle this silly crush you have on me and convince you to confess... If there's one Being I'm confident is a good choice to encourage Ben to act on his feelings, it's Eros. It's much better than if you, Death and Jake were there, and he was tossed into being with you before deciding what he wants to do in his new life and how he really feels, " Falcon reassured him, and then added, a little embarrassed. " I see... I am much better at material gifts than immaterial ones.... but... no matter. Perhaps it's my need to make it overly dramatic? Well, it'll come with practice. I'd mark this as around 50% success rate... I'd like to aim for 100, but that's unrealistic, so as long as my success rate is over 90%, I'll be good, " he coughed a bit, indeed, fitting him rather well to, when unsure of something, try to make an overview of the situation. " But hey! I'm at least very good at material gifts, so later, we can have some fun buying something nice for Riversong, and also helping Erdel find a nice gift for Simbel, what do you say? " he offered to Svarik more brightly, as he indeed seemed more confident in his material expertise. " But first, yes, we're going to hang out with whales! Hans has been working since the dawn to make preparations, and he just went to bring Tide and Senecio. Alpha is already ready, actually, and packed us a lot of snacks. He's waiting for us in the gardens. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Just give me a while to write the letter and we can go. I'm really looking forward to it. As to the success rate, if you need to put it that way... I guess I'd prefer to be told about this kind of things ahead, and have some say in planning them. And by "this kind", I mean things that involve the wellbeing of others. But I appreciate what you did and organized, really."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I was actually really, really tempted to tell you tonight, after Riversong is already awake and everything passes so that you'd not have to worry about when it'll be resolved the whole day... B-buut... I realized if I didn't give you even this much headstart, you'd probably feel really shocked and bewildered that I didn't tell you sooner. So, I told you now, when, in case I am absolutely wrong about your eventual choice to stay here, you'll have enough time to stop Eros before he leaves. It's a new thing I'm trying out called fluid planning, " Falcon murmured a little hesitantly as if trying to show he's doing his best. " Eros is a really elusive fish, and I had to rope him in really carefully... if he says no, there's no use in making a perfect plan beforehand. And... I was worried if I tell you beforehand about my hopes and we ask Eros for help but he says he isn't able to wake Riversong after all, that um... that you'd be disappointed and only be reminded on worry for Riversong and worry some more. Having you feel down is an absolute no from me, so I worked around it. I still gave you enough space to stop Eros if you hated my course of actions, and gave you chance to change my mind with arguments, didn't I? I just couldn't... give you false hope in case Eros can't do it, you see. I really couldn't. About my plans to rope him in to meet Simbel and lord Nameless to help them out, I already told you, but this was something you'd feel much more down about, so I couldn't risk it before I was sure it's possible. I merely talked with Eros half an hour ago, and I told you right away, right, so I'm making solid progress, right? " he sounded unusually serviceable for himself as he was bidding straightforwardly. " Be, be honest about my success rate. I, I need enough constructive criticism to know how to plan better next time. I thought... I was doing much better nowadays... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Well, if you put it like that, then I have to appreciate that you told me ahead instead of after the fact. What I would find ideal though, is if you would tell me one step earlier. Like "hey, I'm thinking that Eros might be able to wake up Riversong, maybe we could ask him about it". My hope is not such a fragile thing as you think. I would know that it might nor work, that it’s only an option. If he said that he wouldn't be able to, I wouldn’t be disappointed by that, I'd just know we have to find another solution or just wait. I know there was a reason and everything, but I'm starting to dislike being treated like I can’t handle some reasonabe disappointment. I would rather like to feel disappointed but more in control of what’s going on.""

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Conrad listened carefully to what he was saying, seeming rather thoughtful, straightening a bit.
" I see... I understand... How it might feel that way.... I did go to great lengths to spare you from things that distress you after coronation, after all, so it may look like a decision made out of worry, not love. " He murmured a little downheartedly." I .. will ask you next time. It's just that I hope you are not misunderstanding me too much. I can see you are better mentally now. I... Am proud and have confidence in your growth. I don't want to spare you of disappointment because I think it would break you anymore. It is merely a reflection of my changed priorities. It's been a while since... it became more important to me that you are having fun life than changing world for the better," his smile was a little distant and apologetic. " I wished I was powerful enough to lower disappointments you will have to feel to zero... But it's way too idealistic goal. But if I can take away big chunk of them, I'd still be happy. Still, you are right... I... Honestly can't help being overprotective because you nearly die all the time, but I am going too far. You are always in some kind of mortal danger I can't spare you from, so I want to spare you from part of the burden I am able to spare you from. But I guess at this point I might be eating bigger part of your agency than you are comfortable with," shadow passed across his face." It's difficult... To not come across as a bad person when you put it like that. But you suffered way too much on my account for me not to try to steal some of your distress before it happens. I don't want you to worry and struggle at all, actually, ever, but I can't possibly take all of that away, so I want to take what I can take... I want to create a world in which you don't have hardships. I want to take all the little struggles you can avoid, so that when time comes for you to take on big struggles, all the solvable ones are already solved... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I appreciate the thought," Svarik said, embracing Conrad again to be closer to him. "But it’s not what I want. I don't want to live carelessly, sheltered from everything. I feel more distressed by having no control over what’s going on than by things not going the way I would like. I'm used to things not going my way, and to figuring them out. It’s not really distress to me if I'm aware of the situation and know what can be done and what can’t."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
While a bit before, Conrad asked for a hug because he wanted it, Svarik felt this time man really needed one, to assure Svarik is bewildered, but not really angry with him. He slowly wrapped his arms around Svarik's shoulders and embraced him back, having to do that to assure things are alright between them.

" Can I... take back my last gift? " he whispered quietly. " I was... overzealous. The excitement of last night carried me. I wanted to do something big and meaningful for you... but realistically, showing off is more something that's in my nature to do, than something you need. Can I... take back solving concern over Riversong as today's gift, and give you a promise I'll definitely include you in my next ploy instead of it? " he murmured barely audibly against his ear as if struggling to offer something much harder than a solved worry - a compromise. " That is, under the condition you have to promise me back that if you're again feeling like the weight of the world is too much, you'll ask me directly to spare you from as much as I can for a while until you collect yourself again. I'd... never offer this if you were as frail as you were after the coronation. But since... since you are better and since I trust you to tell me when distress grows too heavy, I can offer you this. Only when it comes to other people and deciding on a course of action. If it's a little matter that you don't care for much but I care for, like testing out whether food supplements will help you gain weight and grow stronger or not, I reserve the right to that level of meddling without informing you, and only telling you if it's good news, " he rushed to add, as if it was a really important exception. " Likewise, not having to ask you for permission when I'm plotting to do little things for you, like do more work overnight to buy you more time to do something you like, like I planned to do more work from here to buy you two more days at the sea. I just won't be comfortable without at least that much freedom to do things before having to ask for approval. That is the level of limitation over which I'd feel too restrained and begin to feel miserable... If it's doing something that only affects you, no one else, is it okay if I keep it to myself when I desire to? "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Of course," Svarik assured him, embracing him more tightly. "I wouldn’t want to take all your plotting from you. I know how much you enjoy it. I would just prefer to be informed about things I care about. Things like... you know, imagine saving money for a house, bit by bit, planning how you would arrange everything, what color you would paint it... and then suddenly getting a house as a gift, everything already done and arranged. Of course it’s appreciated, but it also doesn’t feel right... That’s the kind of things I'd rather like to have control about. Everything else is fair game for surprises, alright?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Some tension finally left Conrad's shoulders, and he sighed a little as he leaned closer, as if not realizing he's been holding his breath. He was leaning closely against Svarik, as if relieved that they managed to reach an understanding and avoid creating a more serious conflict.

" That... sound about just right, " he whispered a little hoarsely. " Let's do it like that. After all, while I do want to give you the best of everything in the world, just randomly buying something like a mansion at sea and handing you the keys would just leave you dumbfounded, not happy. I... am only interested in surprises that make you happy, so I won't seek to buy you huge things like houses... but I would indeed be distressed if I didn't keep the right to buy you some big things without always consulting you first. You're right... I love plots and surprises way too much to enjoy living without them, " he smiled fraily. " But I love you way much more, so... please, don't be too angry at me. Still, do berate me when I make mistakes and cross the line, alright? When I reflect on it, treating Riversong's issue as... a problem to graciously take off from your to-do list and solve in the most practical way, rather than an emotional matter to you was a very insensitive thing from me to do. Don't get me wrong... I... do have a strong conviction that it's the best way to take care of Riversong, to have him awaken when you are away at sea, as well as while Death and Jake are here. It is, practically, a safe way to give him the best support we can when he has the most high-stake talks, without it appearing to him like we're just stalking him around because we're afraid for his mental health. We just happened to come to the sea, and it's just a lucky coincidence. If he awakens while we're here, we are in the best strategic position to ensure he doesn't break, and I don't want him to break any more than you do. But... I should have really convinced you beforehand... I... just imagined your sad face if Eros would say he couldn't help, and I couldn't bring myself to tell you. After... after all, the choice not to tell you was surprisingly petty and emotional, instead of practical decision from me, " his face was hidden against Svarik's shoulder, but the king could feel embarrassment in his voice. " It was really immature of me... to decide not to tell you based on expressions you'd make... I... didn't anticipate I was capable of that level of immaturity... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"It's okay," Svarik smiled.  "Actually it’s nice to know that you're not always perfect because otherwise you would be some godlike creature too high above me. Glad to have you here on earth with me where I can tell you that you don’t need to be perfect for me to love you. I'm not saying it isn't the best way to treat the situation with Riversong. If we would have time to talk about it ahead, I would probably ahree with it. But I can’t just jump to the conclusion without thinking about it properly when it’s presented to me as a ready thing. And the house was just a metaphor, alright? It’s... more about friends than houses. I don't care about houses that much."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I... I know. Mansion was just an addition to your metaphor, too, " Falcon's smile finally turned a little more bright, as he added sheepishly as if trying to offer a truce. " You are aware of just on how big scale I am comfortable working on, right? Like, I am a guy that didn't hesitate to put myself in place of Kingmaker when the last emperor died and there was no next one chosen, and I'm a guy whose long term hobby plan is making world peace... Handling Riversong's situation is merely house level, only requiring manipulating but a couple of nice people... I can create ripples much more substantial than that, mansion level ripples. Because my standards for what is too big manipulation is too high, I didn't realize I was going overboard, because it didn't seem too large meddling for me at first glance, while I was carried by spur of a moment... like it doesn't seem too large for a rich person to purchase a shop or a carriage if he suddenly feels like it, but it's an insane scope of money to spend on a whim for a normal person, " he finally snorted a little bit, as he shyly moved his head a bit to the left and kissed Svarik's cheek. " Please... scold me some more, whenever I act out of touch. I... was an idiot, I am sorry, and... I love you, more than it's wise, more than it's reasonable. So you have to stop me when I lose sight of what's important when I'm in a mood to purchase mansions all over the land to make your stays more comfortable. You... are really good at gently stopping me before I run straight into a brick wall with full speed, as I would if I didn't have you... " he brushed Svarik's hand with a show of affection. " And I really appreciate that about you... "
1 ... 147148149150151152153 ... 180