Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 174175176177178179180

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I know, right? My wish... is not really fulfilled, I think, but it can't be right now. You know, I wanted a little piece of land to care for, and I got the whole land. But with that, it's hard to only have a little piece. I know I can't ask for that, though. The whole land needs me now. Maybe later, in a few decades, I could ask for that, but not now. I don't really know what else I should ask for that would be for me. I would love the same thing that you want. To hear him laugh... Wait, that could actually be a wish. A grand wish, even. Just put it like this: 'I wish to hear your laughter every day, if I can.' That could be your wish. Not just a wish but also a promise. But mine is the same. Do you think it could be the same?"

---

"I wouldn't call it actual spying, since the people are in public and are aware that others might watch them, but I love watching them when they don't know that I'm doing that," Senecio smiled. "Do you think Janus would be fine with that? We had great fun with Tide in the capital, watching from the roof of the palace and commenting on the clothing choices."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Indeed, it is an immensely more ambitious Wish than most we could come up with... but knowing how petty and guarded Birdie can be, do you honestly believe that, if we told him our wish is for him to laugh every day, that he wouldn't just pout and say that his wish is for us to laugh, too? If we don't give him anything concrete, he won't give us anything concrete, either...  " Girl chuckled a little, but she was thoughtful, with more intent and focused expression than she would make most of the time, as she must have been quite determined to draw out best possible wish from Falcon. " Hmm... Even worse, if he feels like he won't be able to laugh as we ask him, he'll feel more miserable on days when he can't give us the smiles we long for... Laughing should not be something we make into an expectation, but something we coax from him each day until it comes naturally. Even if you don't feel like it could be fulfilled right away... when you speak of it, I feel like the wish for a little piece of land to care for that you have is a sincere wish. The longing you speak with is sincere, but not abstract, as is in asking for someone's laugh. If it is truly hard wish to fulfill, wouldn't it be better, to give him something he will pour his determination into making true? I am not sure I understand what makes it hard, though... I guess it depends on how big the filed you imagined is, and what your desires with it are, " Melody inquired gently. " Is it like a piece of land for gardening, where you plan flowers and fruit trees and a couple of nice small things you like? If we ask sincerely, when building a little house here, I am sure we could reach some agreement with Janus, if we prepare a fair deal in return. He does not strike me as person who dislikes sharing... on the contrary, it feels all the more likely, the more I see how wide this place is, that he made it this big to future-proof it in case he is not using it all alone, one day. If you mean on place to grow some nice herbs you like, Zephir will be growing lot of healing herbs in our garden himself, so we can all enjoy growing them together. If you mean growing little field, with vegetables and fruit, as farmers do... that is a little more unconventional activity for a king, but everything that grows next to Simbel's pond requires little care, thanks to his presence, so, since it requires much less work compared to most of the land, wouldn't it be possible, to move part of trees to the side, to make a little field we could take care of together? " she asked him, inquiring gently, trying to not hurt him, by waving with something impossible. " I understand you might be worried about what people would think, and how they would look down on you, as a farmer king. indeed... but if it's in your free time, what of it? Besides, we have Simbel and Birdie. Normally, it would be much harder, but Birdie is very determined when it comes to things your heart sings for. He spreads rumors and tales of meadow king diligently for years...  I am certain he could spin a nice tale of how you are being pious, for growing sacred vegetables next to Bull's supposed brother, Simbel, to honour the Bull. Could they even claim a person more pious than you, " she smiled a little. " who would grow sacred plants on sacred land, using sacred pond's waters? Everything grows well, next to Simbel, and if Simbel helps, as Deity, and I, Ciel and Zephir, future priests of said Deity - can anyone claim you are not extremely devoted King? How can a King that grows plants to please the Bull';s brothers and the Bull be criticised for slacking off? " she winked at him. " Food grown under such direct influence of Simbel would be very good for health, too you know, and be equal or better to many medicines, so it is not like you would be doing empty work, either, or be easily criticised. Whether we get to share the fruit of your labour, or you share it among sick people or Beings you like, wouldn't it be kind of work that you could do without feeling guilty? If you were all on your own, my little Sunshine, you'd hardly have time to breathe from all the things about laws and country you would have to learn... but you have us, and you have our Birdie. With him to carry more practical things for you, wouldn't it only be noble, for you to spend more time doing what you excel at, too? Plants sing under your touch. Few in this world, can grow as potent healing herbs, and as healthy harvest as you can, my little Sunshine. You have lot to be proud of, my dearest, even if your talents may not be as widely acknowledged in human world as Birdie's skills... It is no wonder, fro you who worked to soothe people on small scale, and him, who strived to keep control of situations on large scales, would excess at completely different things, but ti doesn't make what you are best at lacking compared to what he is best at... "

---

" Ohhh, nice, making fun of people is always a great plus, though it's usually hard to convince Tide to do it. As for the scrutiny, you don't have to worry, Janus has to approve each Reflection, as said, I meant more that we don't have any general angles of more private properties or private spaces. Janus is strictly against that, even when it would be useful in Underground business. Something boring about respecting even criminal's privacy and whatnot, " Hans pretended to pout as he explained. " So, all safe, nice sights are in store, you can pick what we'll watch. The market is quite nice, but my favourite view is on the main square, because there are often performances, and we have a couple of nice angles on the main square so we can pick the best ones and watch from home. The sound replication system is experimental and relatively recently built. Janus is still researching how to make it better, but he doesn't have much free time for that, so sound can be somewhat high pitched and too loud or quiet randomly, sometimes not picking up parts of the noise, so we usually keep watch without sound for now and just turn on the music box in the background for ambience. Still, if you don't mind poor current quality, we can turn on some sound, too. " Spirit informed him, and Tide nodded playfully.

" It is quite fun, only getting parts of conversations and songs, and trying to guess the rest, so we can try that too. Though, making fun of passersby when they can't hear you is fun in its own ways... Alas, there are so many stairs, and food would get cold by the time we got to the room... " Demon exclaimed mischievously, clearly excited and bubbly as he spoke the lines he must have rehearsed in his head. " Here, nobody cares what form I am in, as they are all used to it, and ceilings are so high. Would you two like to get a shoulder ride on the form you saw in the morning, from my Demon Court days? With larger form and steps, I could get us to Hans's floor in but a moment... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik shook his head. "No, it's not about the practicality. It's about the way of doing things. I just wanted to grow things and play music for people in the evenings. That was the dream. Trting to fulfill it right now would be like Conrad's well-meant gift of Yiska, and Riversong's gift of Xia. They deserve all my care, just like the little piece of land would. But I can't give it to them because the whole kingdom needs my care, and I need help from others who care for them. That's not really what I wanted. So, it's a dream that would have to wait until I'm no longer a king. It feels like something I should deserve first, anyway. So, we figure out what we shouldn't wish for," he smiled. "Excellent, right? You've got to give the man credit for the challenge."

----

"Sure," Senecio smiled. "It's a great form."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
" So, if your wish will be a little plot of land in the future... Then it could be said that my wish is for a plot of land in Simbel's gardens in the present. As I spoke of it, I realised it wouldn't be such a bad thing, to have something like that... So why not? I do want it. A little field and garden I can grow healthy sacred foods, for the needy, and for my favourite sweet people," she smiled softly and wonderingly at Svarik, speaking warmly to him. " So, instead of us magnonomously helping work on your farm... You can come and help grow things in my farm, when you feel like it. As priestess of Simbel, it will be no strange at all for me to grow plants and food in honour of our sweet Plant God, and myself, I have no desire of growing things on my own. I have experienced growing things on my own endlessly, from day to day, from century to century... There is beauty and joy in growing things, but I have grown them on my own most of my life. There is beauty in independence... But also sadness. Sometimes, if you wait for a perfect moment, you miss on lovely things you can only have right now. If we leave it all for future, I will never get to experience, growing field along with Ciel and Zephir, who would grow old and die by the time you stop being king. Even your child, that is still a gentle dream - if you wait until you stop being king to do this, you would skip chance to grow good things for them, and other children that may come. You will skip chance to do it for Irden, for Baldir, for Mole, for all mortals you currently know... Maybe there will be new, another Grand Seven at that time, but why miss the joy, of growing something delicious by your own hands, and being able to share what you grow with the current Seven? Those are things I would miss, if I waited for the perfect moment... So my wish is for the present. Independence is wonderful thing to strive for, but I had independence since forever ago and I am satiated. I yearn to grow things with other people, and not miss the chance to grow things with them, and give fruits of my labour to them. You and Birdie included, my sweet sunlight," she confessed soothingly, and imnocently, she leaned forth, and gently caressed Svarik's hair, fixing the Forget me not hairpin lightly.

---

Anew, just like before, Tide's heart swelled up with joy at permission and a compliment. Safe to change into more forms here at home, with the next step he made, he was already in a slender huge form of the morning. Preciously and gently, he picked up Hans and Senecio, putting them on his shoulders full of frills. It was larger, much cossier seat, and taller, with better view. Tide indeed moved quite easily and nimbly, like flowing through the air in his joy as he stepped outside, to the staircase. He was careful not to discomfort them, but his horns were large and they could easily lean their backs against them, so there wasn't any danger.

(Ooc: it was first April for us, so only late I found out from colleagues abroad that it was Easter last weekend for catholic countries ^^ I hope you had the loveliest easter holidays, dear! <3

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I would love to grow things with you. I think my dream... has turned into a bit of an escapism fantasy right now. Having a little piece of land to be responsible of - and nothing more. Right now I'm responsible for so many things, it's really just a fantasy. I don't even want it now. The prospect of immortality makes it just a little possibility for some distant future, because I'm definitely not leaving Conrad alone. So, I'm glad we found your wish. But I'm still drawing a blank.

---

Senecio kept his eyes open this time and enjoyed the ride much more than in the public.

(OOC: Thank you! And I just sent you the last chapter of book 1 on discord)

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I don't want to pretend I know how hard it must be for you... After all, when I was a Queen, to not challenge the authority of the other Queen, I barely did anything at all and spent most of the time in Halls of Water... It was a time of great love and joy, but little freedom. But there is ease, that comes with sharing of responsibility. When Birdie's name is cleared, I believe you will feel like you have much more space to rest, and wish, and have nice little dreams without guilt. So, shouldn't the two of us work hard, to make our adorable clueless boyfriend your legally married King as soon as possible, so you can breathe? "Melody grinned mischievously, probing him with questions gently, trying to encourage and soothe him. " Right now, even if Birdie is helping a lot behind the scenes, it's a great pressure, feeling like you are stuck in a job you are not qualified enough, constantly struggling to cover up your flaws so people don't notice them and destabilize the land. It is tiring, to be alone in a high place... It was very hard for King Zares, too, balancing between Demon Hunting to protect his people and kingly duties. But, if both of you are Kings, or a King or King Consort, no matter how you name it, after he gains approval and proves his competence, won't it be possible for you to share kingly burdens equally? And when one of you is sick or doesn't feel like it, the other could do the daily schedule while the other rests, or if you want to relax for a few days, as long as you spoil him in your time together, I have no doubts Birdie would do the legal sides of the job in your absence while you focus on things you enjoy more, like public relations or healing you're subjects. Won't it feel much better, having shared responsibility before the world? Even if Birdie does a lot for you, it will feel different, when the world knows, and both merits and responsibility are shared... But until then, you must practice, wanting things, or you will struggle to break away from doing what must be done, to do what makes you happy. I know I am not the one to say it, as it is hard for me, too... I am quite content and pleased, with how things stand for me now, and besides yearning to get closer to Birdie, which I can't put into a wish, as it is on me to acomplish, it is hard to put a practical wish to words. Perhaps if you try to think about something you really desire to do for others, it would lead you to think of what you wish to do? In the last years, I had plenty of fun, growing the sweetest of fruits in our gardens for our friends, so I didn't think of it, but as we spoke of it, I realized it would be lovely, growing some more enchanted kinds of foods for my loved ones, and Simbel's influence is perfect for that. I would not have realised I wanted it, had we not talked of it. Would thinking along such lines help you, too? "

---

With joy in his step, Tide led them to Han's floor, to what seemed to be one of the largest, more central rooms of the mansion. In his large form, carrying them still, Demon opened the doors, and they entered. Like in the whole mansion, ceilings were extremely high, for the sake of tall Beings, so he didn't have to lower his head, to enter into the enchanted, lovely open space.
It seemed to be their own interpretation of the throne room, hidden in the Heart of the Mansion and more subtle, carefully guarded from the world where they could not have an active open court, built only for court cases and receiving Being guests - and maybe, with dreams and hopes of it being used more openly in peaceful future one day. It was not as large and magical as one in Spirit Kingdom must be, as their Kingdom was relatively small, but it had plenty of space in case there was a trial or event. However, unlike the shiny splendour of Spirit World, this hall was cosy, with a lot of influence of their life in the human world, and the main room was built of many side rooms, and full of little mechanisms, and peculiar clocks that seemed to be showing different times in different layers of the world.

( like this, just a little bigger in scale, with more space for larger Beings, and with three simple "throne" type armchairs on the platform. )
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/049/591/732/large/sunnyli-sunnyli-2021did06-peodesign-week14-page4of5.jpg?1652850396

In one of the side rooms Tide carried them to, there was a nice large sofa made with enough space for many people, and larger Beings if needed, and a couple of armchairs of various sizes, too - and in front of it, there was a mechanism full of floating geodes and refracted light. Behind it, there was a giant iridescent mirror covering a large part of the wall. The sight in front of the actor had a clear impression of monitoring or strategy and little room was surely originally made to address matters of safety in the Kingdom.
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/031/412/256/large/yingyi-xsu-shot4-72px.jpg?1603549650

(OOC: Nice! Thank you for telling me! downloaded it <3 last few days, as you can see by late messages, I am usually staying up later doing some overtime, as we have some  tight deadline, so I likely won't be able to read it tomorrow, but I should be able to have a bit of a breather and enjoy last chapter on Friday or Saturday, super looking forward to see circling of the book 1, it's such a big milestone, congratulations, dear! you worked so hard, I am so proud of you! ^^ will wait to read last part properly, hope it's not too big cliffhanger, hehe, no spoilers :D no pressure on book 2, of course, if you plan to make break in between, but whenever it comes to editing it, now or later, please do send me chapters, too, I look forward to reading more <3 I can't believe book 1 is already circled, it's such lovely milestone, I am very happy <3

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"We are running a whole kingdom and trying to mediate the affairs of Demons and Spirits," Svarik said. "It it tempting to wish to be doing something else, calmer and less demanding, but it's not what I actually want. I like that we are doing something that matters and helps people, and I wouldn't want to do anything else. Maybe what I would like... is being better with money, somehow. Having Conrad's confindence in earning and spending it, so that I don't have to feel like I'm taking something that isn't mine. I actually feel a lot like Emmet still. But I saw that money can do a lot of good when used well. I don't really know how to formulate a wish about it, though..."

---

"Nice!" Senecio said and sat on the sofa. "So we can watch the marketplace, for example?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well, Birdie was raised as a nobleman, so it is a given his scale when considering money is large... Just like his scale regarding the kingdom. He was groomed to pursue large things since he was young, so for his plate, even the kingdom's scale may be small. You can not have a normal scale, if, with no money, backup or support, with death guaranteed if your identity is revealed, you choose to become a leader of the underground, and actually do it, and change it all in your image in ten years... He was taught from a young age, to consider huge accomplishments just milestones for his ambitions, " Melody smiled, but her expression was sad. " It is not necessarily a bad thing, to not have such huge scale of doing things, as him... He is often prone, at losing sight of the big picture, and feels restless, when he isn't doing huge things, and feels like he is worth less when he isn't excelling. But I can not deny that you have the opposite problem. Your scale is too small, so many ideas that would come to people that handled some money won't come to you naturally, since you tend to exclude money from your initial ideas most of the time. Even I spend money better than you, " the girl teased him gently and lovingly, giving him a soft smile, as she thought about his request. " Would something like desiring to steal a bit of his confidence and scale work, so he has a bit less, and you have a bit more? It would certainly be good for you both. Or how about something tied to a challenge? We could challenge him to help you build an image of king who is lavishly spending on useful sensible things, instead of luxuries. I overheard a little of your talk with Emmet, about how guilty you feel when you buy an expensive golden vase of clothes, compared to when you give it to something useful like a scholarship. How about challenging Birdie to help you build a life where you can be considered kingly even if you don't spend lavishly on your kingly image, so that when you do want to spend on yourself for your own sake, you feel less guilty? To be honest, most of the things you currently own are gifts from Birdie, and what is little over it, are gifts from other people. Demian Riversong did leave you a third of his estate in his will, and you can spend it, untied to the budget of the kingdom. But a gold locked in a vault, or an apple rotting in the corner of the cupboard will never bring joy to anyone. I can't pretend I am the best at this, as I also lived most of my life in the Mountains... it took some getting used to, but I grew to quite like, the lessons Conrad taught me in the last three years. How does he call it? Yes. Economic flow, " the girl chuckled a little, looking into the distance lovingly, there where the man was sitting in the grass. "For wealth to flow properly, we must work on spending it on things we support and value, otherwise, if left unsupported and unspent, all you will have is an empty pile of money, and all someone hardworking will have is an empty wallet.  Birdie often makes a lot of little purchases to boost the kingdom's economy. Do you think toymakers in the capital city would thrive, and be coming up with as many new toys as now, if Birdie was not often emptying their best wares to gift to city children? Other things, too, like monitoring which food stalls and clothing stores are doing poorer, and buying their wares in bulk when they fall on hard times, to donate them in his Star Boy gift giving, or investing in various new ideas at a loss, for the sake of few of them that will turn profitable in the end. Or years when the harvest is good and he'd buy more grain for cheaper, to be able to sell it cheaply to commoners when harvests are bad and prices are too inflated. His business and charity are highly entwined, and I know I will never get anywhere close to his scale, but with time, I grew to find it quite fun, to buy things I like from small businesses, and more food than I may need when someone is lovely, or streets trinkets from people that are pouring their hearts into them. Of course, there is fun in giving people songs, but giving people any rewards for their hard work is fun, too, I found. There is no difference, in buying something with money or with a song, I think, as long as you make someone happy, and get what you find joy in, in turn. "

---

Since he had the highest authority allowed, at his question, activated by the words, the mirror system flashed a little brighter, and crisp, detailed reflection of the marketplace from above, as if from the second floor of buildings, appeared upon it, buzzing with life in this time of the day. Hans laughed and sat down as well.
" We have five different angles of the marketplace, one for general view to monitor suspicious activities, other for visible exits and entrances. You can change them via control buttons, but you can also do it by words, " he explained. " As I said, we also have sound, but the sound system is recent and not that advanced, so you can decide to turn it on and off as you feel like. "
Tide also sat down on the opposite side of the sofa while Spirit was explaining. Even if he felt comfortable being in the current tall farm and there was space, that form still had quite a lot of sharp edges and wasn't fit for cuddling. So, he changed into his familiar everyday form, fixed his crooked mask, and leaned closer to Senecio, purring contentedly as they were picking the view to watch.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik nodded thoughtfully. "My relationship with the inherited wealth was just... not spending it because what if it's needed for something unforeseen? I realize now it's not really the best approach. I want to spend it meaningfully. Is that a good wish? I think learning to do that would help me to be a better king."

---

"Okay, but let's get the food here first," Senecio said. "I definitely would like to play with it more, but I'm hungry."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I think it is a lovely wish. I merely wouldn't say it is something that would only help you become a better king... This is something you should do for yourself, not just for the sake of the kingly duties. As a person, it is important to widen your horizons and develop feelings for what you want to pour your support in. I don't buy things I want to practice noblesse oblige... But because it's a fun and rewarding feeling, to give things in exchange for wares you appreciate and people you are fond of. What you give your support to will grow, whether that support is in love or resources, " Melody said brightly, though the words seemed much more like something Conrad taught her and she took to heart and picked up rather than her own direct words. " I am not sure how large enough our wishes will appear on his huge scale, and if they would be good enough, but we are not great at wishing for large things, " she grinned. " So I think this is probably the limit of what we can come up with when caught by surprise like this. What do you think? Caught unaware, I can't think of anything bigger to ask from him. As we said, I wish most ardently to help clear his name, and it is for my joy, too, but that won't be good enough for him, for sure. As crows seek shiny things, only a shiny wish will please him. "

---

" Yes, it's been such a long morning, let's dig in! " Hans exclaimed and snapped his fingers, turning on the large music box in the corner until Senecio decided whether he'd like sound from the market turned on instead. Soft, calm background music
Afterwards, they made the food appear before them and got to the meal. It seemed the ritual of sharing meals was important to both of them, as they both seemed quite content with the little peaceful moment of spending time and watching colourful scenes of the market together.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I think it's funny because I bet he counted on me making a wish that he would be able to spend money to fulfill, and my wish will be the exact opesite," Svarik smirked. "Alright then, let's see what we can make him wish for."

---

Senecio felt much better with the meal, getting some much needed energy after the exhausting rehearsal. Finally he was also able to really put it behind and relax, idly watching the people in the mirror and noting what they were wearing and buying and who was talking with whom and what expression they were making. Part of his acting skills was probably in his observation talent, and he was subconsciously noting and remembering the gestures and expressions.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Melody nodded, and they walked back to the spot where Conrad waited for them. In the meantime, the man seemed to have calmed down from the high of the laughter and play, and on his own, he has grown more thoughtful, pondering something deeply as he was sitting in the grass with crossed legs and gazing at the misty borders of the realm.
He patted the grass when they came, inviting them and telling them with his gaze that he is also ready to hear them out. Once they sat down and told him everything, he frowned a little bit, as if thinking through their suggestions carefully, to weigh them out.
" So, you are saying, after all the secretive talk... biggest thing you came up with was asking to plant what you like on a piece of land we already own... and some finance tutoring? Not even from some hard-to-secure tutor, but from me who is always eager to be with you, anyway? "
" It is a piece of land tied to future God, so it won't be as easy to make manual labour we want to do to be without some controversy or resistance, so it is not a small wish, and neither is my desire to grow delicious healing things for you all, " Meldoy tied in innocently. " And isn't it a greater feat than many, teaching Svarik who spends nothing, to spend money meaningfully? To engage with him in meaningful time or learning and growth, how can it be small? "
Conrad snorted a little, one side of his lips twitching slightly.
" You learned that rhetoric from me, so normally it wouldn't work... but since you both seemed to have tried so hard, let's say I buy it. Your wishes seem sincere... but they are too easy to fulfil, so... Let me see... " he stroked his beard a little regretfully, as it seemed he tried to speak in a fun way fit for Being world and deals made in Being rules, but something in his tone appeared a little fragile. " I won't undercut you, naturally, since you gave your best on short notice, my pitiful wishless companions. Alas, I can't with clear conscience let you get away with calling those two grand truest wishes from the heart... So, for mid-tier wishes, I can give you a mid-tier wish in exchange. "

---

Everyone was attracted to different things in the marketplace.
Hans, who was sensitive to vibrations due to being a Singer, could easily guess what people were saying when he could see their mouths, so, since they were listening to the music box, he had fun narrating to them when conversations were interesting. Since he was knowledgeable in rare and smuggled wares and underground, he'd also point them out when he saw them or point to people in Underground or working for him, so Senecio could know to stay safe in the future.
Tide, on the other hand, was much more carefree and, like yesterday when they watched the whales, he seemed perfectly content to enjoy the fun activity while snuggling at the actor's side. His purring was as soft as a whisper but consistent. Instead of people, he'd often point joyfully at food stalls, giving his reviews on what food he likes and what they should try together next time they go out. His neck, which was growing flowers when he was happy ever since he ate that piece of Cernunnos's soul, seemed to be overflowing with them right now, and a couple of longer ones were peeking from beneath his high collar.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"What then would you call a grand truest wish from the heart?" Svarik asked. "Come on, give us some inspiration, if you know. All the grand wishes I could think of you already fulfilled, or are things that are not up to you to fulfill. Not that I don't want to hear your middle-tier wish, but I really would like to know the grand one. It seems like you know what it would be..."

---

After the meal, as he was finally pleasantly sated and getting drowsy, Senecio just leant down to lay his head in Tide's lap and watched the mirror like that, but his eyes were closing on their own.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It has to be a wish that stirs your feelings heavily. There can not be a universal mould, as everyone desires different things, but how can you call it grand, if it does not make your heart sing? Or are you seriously going to try to convince me that your heart sings for finance lessons? " it seemed man tried to make light of a large subject by the jest, but talks of dreams, wishes and ambitions seemed quite personal to him. " Wishes that fill you with so much yearning you feel like you could cry, wishes that make your heart race, that overwhelm you with despair, or shake you with longing... how can you call a large wish, something that has not even little ounce of fear, melancholy or depression at a thought if it perhaps never coming true? It does not have to be the same for everyone. When... When I was young I yearned to be a heroic White Eagle knight, loved and adored by the whole empire, so much that I slaved away my whole year with that fiery yearning, training until I could barely stand, learning and reading until I would get nose bleeds, and holding swords until my whole hands were blistered... while someone like Erdel, who dreamed of stable life, used to dream of high-quality jam filled pastries until he would cry, while working shift of fifteen hours per day, and only affording couple days old stale bread, " he shook his head quietly. " Dreams don't have to be as ambitious as mine was, for me to recognise them as big... But it has to be something you yearn for and would grieve if you couldn't have it. At least a little longing and heartbreak in equal measure is all I ask for. I have to see you put your whole heart and sincerity into it. "

---

Tide, also relaxed and cosy after the meal, melted with tender feelings with the actor's gesture. He leaned back a little, caressing the man's hair, seeming comfortable and pleased to watch the market as the actor rested. Hans snorted a little as he watched them.
" At least make sure to get ready for the nap first, you irresponsible goofball... " he nagged, in a quiet tender whisper. He seemed to feel more freedom after yesterday's talk, for he came closer and sneakily took off the actor's booths, and then, he quietly asked from the room to transport Spirit's favourite personal blanket, the one that was warm and soft like a cloud. He tucked Senecio in it, humming quietly so he wouldn't break his sleepiness. It was not a Song of a Singer, but it still had some faint power over the fabric, like a lullaby, and the actor's eyelids felt even heavier with it.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I see..." Svarik nodded. "I thought we were talking realistic wishes, or realistic on a smaller timescale, at least. In that case, I know what my wish is. My grand wish is to hear the land sing in joy. That's what I long for with all my heart, but like your White Eagle wish, it can't be fulfilled without a lot of work. The land singing in joy needs the poeople to be happy, it needs peace across all of the world's layers, the wounds and scars from the wars need to be healed. And to hear the song of the land singing in joy,  I also need to be happy, and that needs people that I love being happy, too. It's a wish that can't be fulfilled without many small steps. And a king can do much for fulfilling that wish, but it needs to be a very good king. I didn't really wish for a finance lesson, I wished for a little, realistic step to being a better king. Also, the amount of the money from Demian feels intimidating to me, so I want to ovecome that and do something good with it, that would spend it but also earn something to continue doing the good. But the earned money would be put elsewhere, so that I would know when I'm done spending the original one. A bit of a manageable wish and measurable progress, when my grand wish is too grand to feel reachable."

---

Senecio sighed contentedly, and fell asleep soon. He slept for about an hour, and woke up a bit bleary-eyes, but feeling refreshed.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" If it is something that moves you greatly... I will accept it as a brand wish, " Falcon said, and then, he quietly shared, not his wish, but his thoughts. " I do want a similar thing, in a roundabout way - I do want a world where conflicts are solved peacefully, where there are a lot of safeguards, camaraderie in hard times, stability and peace. A world where people work together to overcome dangers and troubles and lack of resources, without attacking each other to take it by force. A world where no one is miserable, hungry or ill without the means to afford medicine... a world of peace, where we all strive to make the world better. Making world better is a process, though, not a thing you do once and then stop at it. Just like someone long ago made the world better by constructing a wooden bridge... As villages grew bigger and the needs of people changed, the one who later made the stone bridge also made the world better in the same way. The needs of people will always change as circumstances change, and different things will be needed to keep them happy. Circumstances are complex, too. Would you say, if harvest by chance is bad one year, that world turned worse? No. Unforeseen things will always happen, but if systems are in place for bad things to be solved when they happen, it won't matter that some years, resources are bigger, some smaller. But what I want is not one final solution to all problems, that makes all harvest always good... but a change in the world's priorities, " man spoke quietly, but there was firm, determined, fierce light in his gaze. " World where it is normal for everyone to want all basic needs of others to be met, whether harvests are good or bad. World where basic needs are met, and we all work together to figure out what can improve our lives... But this, I do not want out of some great joyful sentiment... I want it out of the same sentiment I wanted to keep the land together in the last ten years... It is the rage against the system, " he spoke quietly. " It is outrageous, that some people fight for petty things and can do anything just because of their life circumstances, while others live their whole lives in dirt. It is outrageous... that powerful people have enough influence to send others to die for them, for nothing but resources to steal, or desire to destroy. There should be safeguards that make sure people aren't desperate or willful but work constructively to solve issues as they arise. It won't be easy, and it is not something I can do alone... I plan to rely on many people, in all layers of the world, to achieve this. I can pull my own weight and do a lot when it comes to this layer, as long as I don't have to waste my strength for secrecy instead. And I plan to borrow a lot of your strength, where you shine, too, in matters related to placating and helping unsure and ill humans and Beings. Or are you going to keep cutting yourself short, for our whole lives, just because you can't spend money as well as I? " Conrad asked cautiously. " I picked you, as a best pick, for the country I wanted to make... a country that thrives with peace. The stability you offer with your integrity is invaluable, to Beings and humans scarred by war alike. I am not above doing petty and underhanded things to achieve my ambitions, but your integrity is reassuring. And why do you act like you are a lacking king just because you can't do some things directly? I can only do this much because I have developed good network of allies. You can appoint people to manage Demina's properly, and never have finance lessons, and focus on things you love and only you can do well, like Healing and working on calming public sentiment and helping troubled Beings. It is disrespectful to people that spent whole life learning finance, to think you can be as good as them with couple of lessons, and is it not disrespectful to your own strengths, to sit idly and not use them to their full potential, but force you into path where you sit miserably in a room and read finance reports and listen to investments pitches whole day, just to do worse than people that spent their whole lives doing it? " Conrad asked unsurely, and his eyes for the first time reflected some worry and concern in them. " Don't you "want" to work on practicing music and honing your healing skills, healing knowledge and helping people conventional medicine can not? You know, things common healers can't do, but you can, to fill in the niche no one can? Making you learn detailed property management would be a waste of your talents, the same way as making Jake, an excellent cook, study how to be a knight... You would lose an excellent cook and get a mediocre knight. In my ideal world, everyone's basic needs would be met, and everyone could get a chance to pursue the best ways they feel like they can contribute to the world... including you. My ideal world can not exist, if people like you would be forced into fields they are unfit for. But, all of this, I am not doing because of some warm or passionate feelings... it is just simple outrage, that, intelligent as so many species are, we already don't live in such world. It is unacceptable, to me. But I can not call it my dream, because to me, it is just something that has to be done, and I feel compelled to do it, because I think I can, like I felt I can keep the land together even if it was hard. It is only work I want to do, though, and anger and spite drives me to do it, so while it is satisfying in its own way, it is also grueling, like last ten years were. So, I just can't call it my grand dream. Scale is grand, sure, but it is a step that I want to do to live in the kind of world I want to live. I want it, but it isn't something tied to my happiness, so I can't call it my grand dream... "

---

In the meantime, Hans went to finish some Being work, as he wasn't the type to easily stay still. But Tide, who didn't have any pressing obligations right now, was quite happy to laze around while guarding his sleep, watching the marketplace idly and eating candy. When Senecio woke up, he brushed his hair gently and gave him time to collect himself first.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Is it so complicated, to spend money meaningfully?" Svarik asked. "It sounded much simpler when Melody talked about it, not like something I would needs a long time to learn. I certainly don't want to focus on it instead of other things where I can do more good. But as I'm starting to learn more about the reasons for the injustice that also drives you, I'm more and more seeing money at its root, like with Emmet. I feel like I can't really do well without better understanding of it. I don't need to become an expert, and will gladly employ some, and I would also love to focus on healing, but when I'm a king too, isn't a part of the job to be the one who can help not only with a song but also with the tools a king has, with laws and money? It's not really a wish, I guess. Just something I feel like I should do. My wish is to be able to hear that world that you want to achieve, because then, the song of the land would be indeed full of joy. What is your grand wish, then?"

---

Senecio stretched a bit and smiled at Tide, sitting up next to him. "Where's Hans?" he asked.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Conrad's lip trembled slightly, and he seemed to struggle. It seemed it was harder to just say it, so he went in a roundabout way, building up to it.
" Since you guys both told me a mid-tier wish as well... I guess I could tell you my mid-tier wish, first, since it is tied to your grand wish. Fundamentally... I want to learn, how it feels to be happy with someone... when you accomplish something, " he whispered quietly, looking down at his hands. " I... feel no sense of accomplishment from my past as a soldier. A past where I took part in the low art of war and destruction  - what is there to feel proud of, when you realize you were tricked into believing fake glory built on other's misery? That you were nothing but a cog in the system made to benefit someone's greed? And in the last ten years, all I did was endure... Keeping the country together does not feel like an accomplishment worth celebrating, as it was just ten years of minimizing losses... But there was no joy tied to it... Until recently.  Seeing you, accepted as a king... Being able to change things, bit by bit, and... sharing those things with you... I am still doing the same, grueling thankless work, but the only thing that changes is that I can share all those little moments important to me with you. I felt no joy, when I would give people scholarships or when I would donate money in the past... it was just something that had to be done, and I could do it. An empty milestone with no feelings tied to it. But the whole birthday scholarship thing today... it was fun, " he spoke, as if saying an unfamiliar word. " My wish to help Janus, likewise, isn't out of warm fuzzy feelings... It is more along the lines of what I always do. I am angry, that he has to live like he does, and want to change it. It is fine if in the end we don't manage to do it fully... Whole world revolves around resources, pain is just another kind of resource. If things turn out like that, just like I am getting resource of blood for vampires, we will find way to ethnically source pain, so that cute bastard isn't hungry. On my own, it would be an empty milestone... Like celebrating a promotion with nobody there to congratulate you for... But it is no longer... that empty, as of recently. If it's with the two of you... being able to celebrate little milestone along the way with joy, instead of doing them with empty feeling of duty... feels possible, "  " he spoke fragily, not daring to raise his eyes, as if it was embarrassing to say such things and it took a lot out of him. " To be able to look forward to, those little celebrations along the way, and in the end... when we achieve  it all, to see you say that you are proud of me... yes. It feels right, to call it a mid tier wish. And.... I feel bad, for making it feel to you like being the king you want to be is childish. Yes, it would be terribly insensitive of you, if you went around, singing little songs, when country was facing crises... but all things I told to you, were things I said... under the expectation I won't be with you for long. If... If I were to die once situation was favorable enough that I could die without feeling too guilty, the... the division of labor that you would have to do would be quite different. But now, you have me, and I don't... plan on going anywhere. True, you need to get understanding of various resources, whether it is money, pain or blood, and how lack of it affects people... but not to the point of it overwhelming how important your healing work is. With... with me to take care of more proper management, and for the lack of better word, lead you, instead of leaving you to learn everything from mistakes you would make as you learn, I believe a future where you can fulfill your own dream, of being a king that sings for the land and listens to the people-s problems and takes them to heart, is possible, without endangering the big picture. That is, if... if I take the lead into making more broad, needed brushstrokes in this messy art piece we are making, it should be.. entirely reasonable, for me to leave delicate detail work I am not fit for to you... in a world we want, every everyone laughs brightly, someone that knows how to make people laugh is indispensable. But for people to laugh brightly, without separation, their basic needs must be met first... You can't paint delicate brush strokes without setting the foundation, first... "

---

" Well, he is a Spirit King, and next to him, I am more of a puppet king, really. I told you once before, that I am just a glorified mom friend, " Demon grinned brightly. " I am not fit for things like asset and intelligence distributions and such... Hans is mostly in charge of those, but he delegates lot of such things those days, so his task is mostly overseeing everything. With all the recent changes in our situation and with many Beings coming here for the play, though, he has a bit more things to oversee than regularly, so he choose to do some work since we were sleeping in. He told us to invite him to join us if we're planning anything fun, though. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik nodded gently. "We will do our best to fulfill that, you and me. It's really a wish we can only fulfill together, both of them. When we were talking with Melody, my first idea for a wish was to hear your laughter every day. Or more often, at least. I didn't say it because we thought you might feel pressured into it if I do, but if we are talking wishes that we can try to fulfill together, I would like to put it out there."

---

"Hmmm..." Senecio made a thoughtful expression. "What if we are planning something fun in private?" he asked suggestively.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Conrad's expression shook with those words, and he seemed to suddenly feel rather self-conscious,
" Every day? " he asked fraily, putting a hand over his mouth subconsciously. " I... I am sorry. I really don't know, if I will be able to. It... feels too unrealistic. I can not really imagine it... "
" So you can imagine world peace, but you can't imagine a world where you are happy enough with us to laugh often? " Melody asked sadly.
" Those two are different things. I... am really happy with the two of you. I can be perfectly happy watching you have fun and do things you love doing. But so many things we work on fill me with so much rage that I want to cry. How can I laugh freely, in times we face hardships or fight injustice? Smile, alright, that's more realistic, but laugh? That... it would be easier if you just wished for world peace... "
" The heart wants what it wants, though, and sometimes what it wants is hard to achieve, and this is what we truly desire, " girl replied sadly. " Why should we wish for world peace? We believe in you. You would achieve it even without us, surely, if you don't get killed for meddling too much, so with us, what is there to doubt? I am confident we can do it if we all give our best. So why should we wish for it, instead of aiming for something harder? "
" That... " his shoulders were slumped miserably. It seemed by his hazy look that he was racing his thoughts, trying his best to figure out some way to give them what they asked for, but not able to figure it out. " I... just wished you could have asked me, for something I could.. realistically prepare proper plan and steps for. If the only step is, to be happy enough to laugh, my hands are tied... If you are hoping to date a brighter, more happy go lucky version of me.. that, that will be hard to give you. I, I am really giving my best, right now. Because I can not achieve world peace on my own... I can not afford to live, the same way I did in last ten years. A version of me that never met you would not be able to accept Tide's Blessing without feeling burdened by it and looking out for strings attached. Even now, the me that never met you, could not accept to travel inside this bag in the first place. Think about it. We are in a hidden place, at the whims of a powerful eldrich horror star... could we even kill him, if we pour all our strength and give our best? If he felt bored enough or felt like it would be a fun prank, even, he could keep us trapped here for his entertainment for a long time, and there was little we could do. Hans too, now that there's no Thief to prevent him from interfering, he could use more force to threaten and blackmail us into doing what he wants... But I am trying very hard, to take things with the benefit of the doubt, counting on good will of others instead of setting up safeguards with assumptions our trust will be betrayed soon enough. I am at my limit, with how much benefit of the doubt I am giving to the world right now so... so, I am also in a state of mind where things going wrong from the benefit of doubt I gave to others would leave a deep mark on me. So, it's hard to make unrealistic promises... "

---

" Oh. I guess we don't have to call him in that case... but are you sure you are in the mood for it? " Tide seemed a little surprised as if he wasn't thinking about it, as it seemed after yesterday he choose to give him some space. His expression grew a little more serious, and there was already a lingeringly familiar trace of worry in it. " I know we have a lot of fun with it, but yesterday's talk when we were watching the whales worries me... I'd really hate it if it was something along the lines of feeling like we should do it today because you rejected me yesterday, like there's some invisible give and take, " the creature explained shyly, as it gently pinched Senecio's cheek, adding brightly. " I'd not lose interest in you, even if you refuse me hundreds, no, thousands of times. No, million of times? " he grinned sheepishly. " If I could see that cute face cosily sleeping a million times, I will gladly take a million rejections. Being intimate with you is very fun, but that's not why I choose to date you, after all. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"That's why I didn't mention it when I thought we were talking about goals that are achievable in a definite timeframe. And I definitely don't want you to practice a fake laugh in front of a mirror, or feel any obligation with it. It's just something that would be nice to strive for, even if it turns out it's an unreallistic goal," Svarik said and intertwined his fingers with Conrad's gently. "So, I would say that in conclusion, Melody's wish is actully best for now. Ours are too hard to fulfill, more of long-term goals. It's fulfillable and can bring joy in a short time. I say we should take it down a notch too, and both make that king of wish instead, no matter how small."

---

"I kind of did, at first at least," Senecio smiled to himself. "But I was anxious about the rehearsal yestsrday, and now that it's over, it's a much different mood. But you can say no too, of course."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I just wished it was something I could give you... It is quite a miserable feeling when the apparently grand wish of both of you is something so abstract and impossible to pull off... Not even if I said I wished "Tide" laughed every day, would it physically be possible to achieve, because even that happy-go-lucky bastard has to be miserable sometimes, and not all misery is a bad thing. Occasional misery is an unavoidable part of being a person that cares about other people, I will have you know, " he grumbled sadly, but still, he intertwined his fingers docilely with Svarik's, and he neither moved away his hand when Melody placed her palm over them in support. " Well... My plan to get you guys to do some introspective thinking and draw out some nice wishes to strive for still turned out relatively okay on the first try and I can see forcing you to come up with better things will only be like pulling water from an empty well... so I will accept your offerings, and tell you my grand wish, " he took a deep breath, doing his best to smile, although the smile looked quite fragile. " You don't have to worry, though. Unlike wishing to share the joy of milestones of our path to world peace which is my mid-tier wish, my grand wish is on a much smaller scale. And I even formatted it splendidly, so it has two steps, very low frequency and repeatable format, so there's absolutely no way you won't be able to fulfil it even on an extremely tight schedule, and won't feel burdened by it, heh... " he complained in a very petty way, but even pettiness could not hide the softness in his eyes that was telling that he wasn't really angry. " So you should listen and learn how to be extremely specific and adept at wishing from a pro of wanting too much, your truly. Are you ready to learn well, you cute, blunt, unreasonably loveable bastards? "

---

A tender grateful and warm smile spread across the creature's face, and his heart shone with sparks of calm, trustful feelings.
" Being with you was always so fun... I never felt, like I was pressured into giving more than I am wiling... Having to pass some invisible rite of passage to prove my heart is true. Lovemaking for us isn't some test of commitment, but just a simple, pure, fun and intimate thing... That is why it is very important for me to keep it so. I won't be able to be enthusiastic about it, if I don't feel that you are. I told you... I am only interested in your heart. If it's in your cheek, I want to caress it, if it is under your skin, I want to dig it out with my teeth, " he teased his with a little mischievous grin, as he reached for the actor's face, and softly brushed it across his face, leaning a little forward, and whispered conspiratorially. " What I yearn for right now, is to reward you... You did so well today, and I am so proud of you. But I dislike empty gestures, and I hate giving people either food, things, or feelings they don't like. So tell me, Seine, " he encouraged him while gazing into his eyes warmly and trustfully. " What is the reward you had in mind? Whether it's from Demon King or the Beast King, I will make sure you get what you deserve... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Let's hear it so that we can learn and take inspiration," Svarik said, curious what Conrad considers a grand wish.

---

"A reward from the Beast king?" Senecio smiled slowly.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" As I said... my grand wish comes in two steps. The first one... so... " he cleared his throat. Still, then, he paused for a bit, pressing their hands that were holding his a little to encourage himself - it seemed it was harder to say it out loud, as it was clearly a wish that came after a lot of self-reflection. " The thing is... It is not like I am superstitious... Still, when it comes to achieving things for others, it feels like something fairly manageable and works out fairly well most of the time... but when it comes to things I want for myself, it often fails. So, when I ask for something directly or pursue something clearly, even small rejections or hurdles feel grave, like a stark reminder, that pursuing selfish things is arrogant of me. It is... preferable, to wait and see what I am given by free initiative and be surprised, than have expectations. It is... easier, to... to tie in some things I like, as casual suggestions, into things I do for others, and feel like I got away with getting things I hoped for without asking... that to ask," whispered quietly the man that couldn't ask even like this, without the pretext of the wishing game. " In that context... I apologize, for sometimes living vicariously through the two of you. Like with the whole thing... about a suggestion for the little house. Yes, of course, I did want to give Svarik a good memory by rebuilding his birth house that he lost... but it is not like there was nothing in it for me. If you have a little house, you have a little place, to invite me, so that we can make nice peaceful memories in a place near the capital with fewer eyes on us, is it not a huge boon for me? So, when I was planning to build you a little house near the capital designed by your childhood home for your birthday in summer, it was half planned on pure, half selfish, self-serving intentions... Because I wanted to give you good conditions and secure place to have opportunity to invite me, away from keen eyes directly in the city. But, still, my decision has its drawbacks. Security regulation would be somewhat nightmarish, even with the vampires' help, when rumours spread the king has a little residence in the surrounding area, since even a little lax security may prove ill, and I am not going to ever make mistakes of the past ever, ever again... So, it is something I decided to give you because the pros outweigh the cons, but the logistics of protecting a remote area would put quite a toll, to make sure no evil people can plan malice, or set traps, or even if, untied to evil, some poor soul may think finding king on his vacation may earn them some gain. But being able to build a little house safely in pocket dimension... What is possibly safer? I can very well understand Janus's anxiety about our greed, for I am very greedy for the place where you can be extremely safe, with bag that can change locations, with house that can be kept safe within pocket dimension and never again destroyed by our enemies and bring you that loss anew... It is a concept with great appeal to me even if it were an only good point. But there are many, both practical and personal. I am still testing him, too, so I am deciding still, but... he seems like the kind of person that would be very good ally for my world peace plan, so establishing frequent contact is helpful. But that is not the main reason why I would like it to be part of his, and not our own separate pocket dimension...  I guess it is a little bit of rage, too. Such a large temple... with no one to laugh and walk through corridors. An old keepsake, that feels like a sad expensive dress you cherish too much to wear, and only open the chest to glance at it a little, before putting it back in. It does not suit him at all, but when will that poor coward ever casually invite people inside? I plan to go big style on slowly turning up heat until I cook him before he even realized it. Naturally, I won't usurp his place... but it should be possible to fill it often, with people he likes that visit him casually, without making it into intrusion, by easing him into it little by little, by having him meet reliable people on our side that won't take advantage of him... I... it is still early to tell... but I am... experimenting... trying to make more plans that feel like they would have satisfying sight to see, instead of holding huge practical benefit. And... This step in my wish is part of it. I am sorry, if the way I worded it when I mentioned it made it sound like a careless, casual thing I don't feel much about and is something I was only considering for your sake, not something I was saying sincerely hoping you would say yes to, for my sake, too, " man seemed a little flustered, and his hands were sweating, but he did not let go, although he was evading their look with embarrassment. " If you outright refused, I would have grown sad, but it wouldn't be your fault... After all, it is me, who guards my thoughts most carefully, so I'd be sad, and you'd be confused, with no fault of your own or clue as to why I am disappointed with your refusal. The fault would be mine, for putting it in a way that made it seem like selfless thing I offer to do for you, not something I would like us to have out of my own yearning, too... "

---

Tide chuckled with actor's smile, as it seemed it was reassuring to him, as he could find no discomfort or hesitance in actor's expression.
" My cute partner did so well today, so there's no way he isn't due for an amazing reward, naturally, " he grinned, and he leaned back comfortably, and, contrary to his words, now that they were still brainstorming, he calmly leaned against actor's shoulder, and reached for his hand, entwining their fingers together shyly, as he spoke encouragingly. "Don't get lost in the scenario, remember your safe words, and even if it's a reward, if you change your mind at any moment, you can refuse it without feeling bad, okay? Beast King won't tolerate lack of sincerity, after all, " he teased with a grin, but hold of his hand was gentle and cheerful, his gaze pure and curious. " By the way, since you were so ready to suggest it, does it mean you have a scene in mind already? Is there such a thing? Scenario that you always yearned to try, but never got to try it? Or should we try to talk and figure out what would be the next interesting plot point? Hm... Are we following the latest few times where we would do it twice, first as a punishment, and then with reward? Hmm... The last time we left them, the two caught a traitor together, but Sein Miru was put in a position where he acted as an accomplice, so the only way to stay next to the king without being sent away for crimes he did not commit was to act as if being handled carelessly by Beast King as warning to other is his official punishment. But then the thing is, we did leave them at their relationship being a little warmer, so would Sein Miru do something actually grave enough to be worth actual anger and punishment? Or is it pretence punishment for the show before others? " questions betrayed him, showing his enthusiasm, as it was clear he had fun talking about characters he seemed to have grown fond of in the meantime. " I mean... I guess we can always have me act as some of the Beast King's enemies that choose to hurt Sein Miru, to spite Beast King, and then have Beast King save and comfort him, so it's not necessarily that we have to make Beast King angry enough to punish him... I am just saying, if we would be making actual punishment, I would need us to have strong enough reason to justify it, that's all, and it's a little hard to imagine it now that they are a little closer. I can't really figure out much more than that, before I know what you're thinking of... I am so terribly curious what you had in mind. As long as we give Beast King good reasons to be angry if he must be angry, I will do well, I promise. It's embarrassing, but I  just can't do anger well without imagining a good reason.   "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"So the first step of your grand wish... is just accepting your offer of building a house here?" Svarik asked.

---

Senecio seemed fully awake now, loving the character work they could do together in their private story. "No, the Beast King's enemies wouldn't yet know about his fondness of Sein Miru. To set that up for later, we need them to get that information, so the pretense has to slip, in public. Maybe in the court, some nobles assume that since the king is punishing Sein Miru, punishing him as well might earn then the king's favour. He catches them doing it, and gets very angry, but at them. Do you think you could play that kind of anger? I would love to see that..."
1 ... 174175176177178179180