Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 176177178179

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Hello, dear," Svarik smiled mentally. "I'm glad to hear you again. A carriage would be best, I think. We're just trying to save ourselves some avoidable trouble."

---

Senecio nodded thoughtfully. "It's a new perspective to me. Okay, I'll try to think about it more. But now let's pick a room."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Do not worry at all, Master Sunshine, I am putting on my gloves and cloak, I will go fetch you right away! " the creature promised in thoughts earnestly and brightly, its excited, little tearful mental voice betraying it - it missed them dearly, and was excited to meet them too, if for a moment earlier. " I would have run straight to you, but if people see me, they will try to stop me and talk, so I would be taking forever. I'll bring the carriage quickly, Mole always has it ready for emergencies! I will be there in fifteen, no ten minutes! " the critter promised brightly, and Svarik could see Simbel was truly dedicated and happy that he could be of help to them, even if it wasn't for a world-saving level of threat.

It barely passed ten minutes indeed, when their carriage appeared. One of the Organisation's men was on the driver's seat, and he climbed down, and called one of the guards to the carriage, as Simbel, whose vessel was vampiric, avoided direct sunlight. Guard went into the carriage, and talked with a person inside briefly, bowing slightly as he exited, before bringing Svarik, Melody and Conrad inside. Carrige was very shaded, for protection from the sun, but judging by longing warmth and wordless anticipation ringing ever so strongly in his thoughts, it was clear Simbel indeed didn't just send someone but came to pick them up himself, waiting patiently for them to climb inside.

---

" Let me share them with you, " Tide replied readily, walking out brightly, while using the permission he received to carry him to cuddle and hold him closely, sounding quite happy as he spoke. " Hans's floor has fewer rooms, but rooms that are huge in scale, and he likes a lot of practical things and purposes... I on the other hand mostly love to keep things I collected for the sake of memories, like some people prefer ballrooms, while others love building little dollhouses. Just like the room I gave to Death, which has an artificial forest replica of the forest I loved, or a bubbly room for sewing where I collected all my favorite fabrics to make clothes with. So, some rooms on my floor are narrow and without much purpose, each made for me to reminisce about and browse or share with my friends things I love. I was a storm God occasionally, but I never rose to the status of Elder God, like Hans and Janus, but temples were always relatively safe, sanctuary-like spaces, so Hans and I would here and there spend time in temples of friendly Spirits, and have fond memories of such places. So let me show you two such rooms first. Both are rooms where I replicated the hallways and inner prayer room of two temples that had Gods whose temples were into charity and often gave us good in exchange for labour. One temple is from the early kingdoms period, while the second is more recent, from the time just before the empire invasion. " Demon explained with pleasure, leading Senecio into two rooms, and showing him his favourite aged objects, like old pottery he used to eat from, and the religious book of the second God that Hans must have had transcribed from the original library.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/049/015/250/large/karine-villette-interior-corridor-1920pres.jpg?1651503872

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/032/768/697/large/karine-villette-couloir-01-pres02.jpg?1607424504

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
As Svarik did so, he went straight to embrace Simbel. "Hello!" he smiled. "We missed you."

---

Senecio looked at the hallways with a very specific view, considering the mood they were setting, and shape of the walls. "The first one," he said after seeing them both. "Second doesn't have enough wall space and feel like the main hall that would be used often. The second one is just right for a setting that's public enough for the general to meet him there, but not so frequented that he could expect someone to pass there soon and interrupt, least of all the king."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Whatever first words of greeting Simbel may have planned seemed to perish, and his shoulders shook. He embraced Meadow King back firmly. His touch was warm and soft, the pond's soothing energy lingering heavily around him.
" It's been so long... so very, long, Master Sunshine, " the creature spoke up shakily, deep longing in his voice. Its vocabulary seemed much wider, as it was mastering the current language, but his accent was still very noticeable, melodic even if his voice was cracking a little. Hesitantly and shyly, he ran his fingers through Svarik's hair and rubbed his back, focusing on him, as if trying to check his state. " Were you having fun? Did you make friends? Are you tired from the trip? Were they feeding you well? " he kept inquiring gently, with endless questions overflowing with concern and affection. It seemed he was happy to see everyone but because Svarik was often sickly due to overusing his powers, he seemed worried for him above others. " You were outside of my range... But your flower was wavering, a little bit, one night. It passed, so I knew you were alright, and Eros explained to me later when we met that it was the night you healed that person, Senecio... So I knew you were alive and well, but I was still worried.... " he revealed his thoughts, his embrace growing tighter - it seemed joy and grief were equally mixed in his response, as he was greatly relieved to see him, but must have felt terribly helpless, realizing Svarik wasn't well that day, but knowing he can't do anything to help him.

---

" Oh, well, that was an extremely quick mansion tour, my dear, but I can't fault you for picking the room right away. I narrowed it down quite well, " Tide chuckled, and then looked around more thoughtfully, thinking through their scenario, as they had the place. " So... it is an evening and Sein Miru isn't with the king currently, but is on some errand for the king, or to fulfil some other purpose of his own, when General ruins into him? I don't think Sein Miru would be too careless, knowing he painted a target on his back by giving away that corrupt traitor... Was there a party or some big event where attention was on other things, so he lowered his guard, thinking no one would pay attention to him? Or was whatever task he had to do that important, for him to risk going around alone? Or was Beast King absent on some brief war campaign to protect kingdom borders, while Beast General was left to protect the capital, so Sein Miru was left in the city, because the battlefield was too dangerous? Is that the reason why Beast King would overlook Sein Miru's safety because he thought General would protect him in his absence? I am sorry for bothering you with practical questions. It is not like I am against indulgent content with a lot of good old overdone cliches and an overabundance of angst and fluff... and it is not like I plan to patch up even tiniest plot holes like Hans would, " Demon said brightly, leaning his head against Senecio's body as he carried him, seeming to idly enjoy himself with their closeness. " It is just that I think we need a good reason why such a thing can happen. It is fine if it is a little moment of oversight amidst a lot of effort to keep him safe... but if Beast King knows Sein Miru's situation is dangerous and he is careless in his protection and just lets him wander the hallways carelessly, then Beast King would be a villain, too. When someone helps you, like Sein Miru helped him uncover the traitor, and that help puts them in peril, it is your duty to protect the one who aided you. You are free to tease me for my insistence on this, and it is fine if Beast King is flawed... Just not a villain. I don't want to make the King someone who doesn't do his best to protect those who help him... Debts and return of gratitude are important to Beings and Beasts alike, I imagine... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Oh yes, I guess it would have wavered... I'm sorry. Other than that we had a great time, though. Just wishing you could be there. And our other friends too. There's a lot we want to tell you. I guess it would be better to talk later in the garden than in the carriage, though. But how have things been here? And how are you?"

---

"I think it’s Sein Miru who got a bit careless, not the king," Senecio said. "You see, usually this hallway is empty, and he feels a bit trapped and also bored when he has to stay all day in the king's rooms, when the king is not there for most of the time. Only servants pass through this hallway though, and he felt safe enough to go outside for a little while."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
A slight shade passed across creature's face as Svarik mentioned wishing him to be there, but still, he smiled, as if to reassure him.
" Do not worry for me, Master Sunshine... Everyone... treats me well, too well. It is okay for you to have fun... even if I can not go with you. I... would only ever be grieved, if you lost the desire, to return to me. But we are talking about my dearest loving pocket full of Sunshine here... what do I have to worry about? " he chuckled shyly, and, as if stealing a precious chance, he brushed through Svarik's hair, and he kissed his forehead lightly before he shyly parted from the embrace. Only as he did so, Svarik could see him better. It had been quite a while since he had a chance to talk to him and take a good look, as Simbel was always working restlessly since he got his new body, and, while pink seemed to remain most special color to him, he now wore pink and black clothes and a thick soft black cloak almost same as Erdel's. Likewise, compared to before, his clothes, neck and wrists were adorned with a lot of thin silver and gold bracelets and decorations - it seemed he was receiving a lot of little trinkets and gifts in the meantime. " I've been doing quite well... I think I am surprisingly good at pretending to be Bull's brother? " he laughed nervously and timidly and continued speaking, as he reached for Melody, to hug her next, snuggling up to her to check she was okay, too. " Bull priests and soldiers love White Eagle swordsmanship, you see, so it seems I am surprisingly... legit sword wielding God in their eyes? It is hard to say much yet, but it is quite clear they all love to watch me when I train vampires in swordsmanship. I am training vampires a lot these days, and meeting up with a lot of restless people to bring them good dreams, and I am spending lot of time with Zephir, learning from him along Ciel and Lord Nameless... It is... all very nice. I am currently experimenting and learning to sew emotions into knitting, like lord Nameless, and knit runes into wool clothes I make from Zephir... My days have been... more hopeful, recently. So, I am either helping out or learning for most of the time, of course, " he corrected himself. " Since Ben awoke we spend time watching over him, but most of the time I am training, working, or learning... Oh, the vampires also spend a lot of time helping Zephir tend to your garden at night, so he doesn't strain. They seem to quite like Zephir, too, and thanks to their help, your garden renovations are going splendidly. There are so many pathways, and flowers planted already, and butterflies and bees and birds gathered up... It is shaping up quite beautifully, you will love how it is progressing... They know you love nature, and other than training with me, they are idle, so they were working quite hard, helping Zephir work on it... " he explained quietly, and Svarik could see there were traces of fear in his voice as he spoke of demonic creatures he was taking care of, but he clearly wanted to tell Svarik of their hard work, so that he would be aware of their sincere efforts to do something for him, however small it may seem on the outside.

---

Even if it was an imagined scenario of an imaginary character, Tide, who seemed to have grown to love both Sein Miru and Beast King a lot, was clearly sad, looking regretful and compassionate for Sein Miru's predicament.
" What ... a terribly unfortunate set of sad coincidences.... being hurt so badly, when all he hoped for was a bit of freedom, " he whispered thoughtfully, leaning his head closer against Senecio's chest as he carried him- he clearly spoke to the actor more quietly and carefully, as if trying to check his mood, asking him something more personal. " I trust you when you say you want this... I will always trust you when you say you want something. I yearn, to give you a really, really good reward, for how well you did today. I wish to give you the strong experience you seek for... But in order to give it my all, I will need clear guidelines, to know when Beast King should appear to save you, so that I don't pass the line," he seemed to set his condition, for acting more cruel and rougher than usual, his words inquiring, gently and carefully, as if he was anxious if Senecio would not be comfortable with his line of questions. " How will I know - when is a good time to stop? I want to do this right. Since you love helplessness and despair, I want to give it to you properly, not half-heartedly. But can you feel proper despair, if you know beforehand when you will be rescued? Should I estimate myself, and save you unexpectedly, when you seem to have lost all hope? Or should we have a signal or a word, that you can give me, so I will know when to do the rescue? Or should I guide myself.... by the reactions of my body? Should I rescue you, after you feel good once? Or more than once, if you so wish? I understand it may be a sensitive question, and perhaps not an accurate impression... It may be just my thoughts, but it always seemed to me that you would be pleased when I would stop after we do it once, and I comfort and take you to sleep. Since we started playing Sein Miru and Beast King, we began doing it twice, once roughly, and once gently - but still, it felt intuitive, to figure out when to stop, since you would give me signs or encouragement when you want more. But villains do not stop just because you plead... so if I am to be a villain, I need to know when Beast King should rescue you. I want to give you the experience you like.... but I don't want to accidentally remind you of anything bad, now that the last few days you have been facing bad memories at the theatre, " he revealed his real concerns quietly, " I understand many people often mishandled you at once... and even someone clueless like me knows those bastards would not care whether you felt pleasure at all, once, or however times it happened to be, until they would all have their turn with you... But I can not have a clear conscience, like that, without knowing when the villain act stops, and the Beast King act begins. Even if I act like a villain, I need to know how far should I go to make it a special treat for you, but also when to stop, for the sake of future we built together... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"And what about Ben?" Svarik asked. "How did hewake up and how is he doing now? I hoped to be here when he wakes, but I missed it..."

---

"I was thinking about that too," Senecio said. "I think I would prefer having another word not to stop the scene but move on with it. I'm thinking... obsidian? Or nephrite?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" That.. person you sent... Eros... He is a little ambiguous. It seems he has some kind of sense of future vision, but one that is different from Death's. He seemed insistent, that there is a very thin window of opportunity... for Ben to get his happiest future possible. I felt regretful that I could not wait for you, but I was the one left in charge, so I had to make a choice, and I decided to go along if he could really wake him up... And he did, " Simbel was speaking a little more quietly when it came to speaking of the new demon he met. As he finished snuggling with Melody, he next reached for Conrad, and he hugged him, so gently and naturally, that even the man who was unused to such displays of physical affection could not help but accept it, even though he looked unsure and thoughtful about it. While using the chance to steal a long hug from Conrad, too, the creature kept speaking. " Ben... Is a little... On the edge, you could say. It seemed to me... that deep down, he didn't believe curse could actually be lifted, and that it was more likely his soul would shatter, but he wanted to go along with it, to trust you, and give it a chance... He seemed genuinely taken aback, that he was alive and better. He is missing an arm since the demon half of him was torn of, and in order to keep balance in their role for Personification and so both could keep existing as they are, he won't be able to create a new arm for himself, so that is a bit of a blow... but it did not really seem to register that much yet, because he was busy dealing with how relieved he was that he didn't kill anyone when we were lifting the curse. He is having some hardships manoeuvring without an arm, but he's doing his best. Most of all though... it seemed the period after Long Night, when he could no longer use his powers, had a bigger toll on him than we thought. Riveresong you see, always feared being used for his powers, and Ben fell under that influence and was reluctant to use them much at first... but then, when he soon after lost the ability to use them, he seemed to have greatly regretted not doing more with them... so... he currently seems to be a little bit... on a power trip spree? " Simbel coughed skyly, easing Svarik into the knowledge timidly. " He... seems almost a little afraid his powers would disappear again... so he uses them abundantly. That is why he is so sleepy, even if he woke up recently. Ever since he woke up, he would use up his powers until he was barely awake, fall asleep, then use his powers again... He is currently napping after overusing his powers again in the morning. You will have to address it with him a bit... because at this rate, it will really grow suspicious, since he is really chaotic, fixing up lame legs here, or bad eyesight there... I am not saying I am not happy... just that we need to figure out what the hell to do about it, as rumours are bound to spread, " Simbel spoke, and indeed, he could not hide a little soft grin, as he added. " Since he woke up... he feels much more like himself, than ever since he recalled Riversong's memories. Both Riversong and Ben were somber and depressed, so it isn't as easy to spot differences, but... Riversong was resigned and tired, while Ben always had a certain... feisty fired-up side to him. It is quite funny, seeing him frown and scold people for not taking care of themselves better while removing their scars or smoothing old injuries... It is hard to explain, but such firm fire feels more true to himself, instead of the lethargic and reserved distance Riversong used to have. Disonance between him and Riversong seemed to have grown starker after sleep, but... I like it. It feels more, like the snarky problematic young man that you first brought me to meet in that dream, compared to how he turned out after he recaled his Spirit life. It is certainly nice, watching him create chaos around energetically, compared to before, when he did not have enough strength to even stand and felt like he was a powerless burden to us... he is still too anxious to be touched and is prone to anxieties when he worries about you and Death, but he definitely feels more unhinged, compared to how restrained he was after the Long night... "

---

" Will you be able to remember exactly what crystal it is in the heat of the moment? " among serious talk, Tide could not help but chuckle a little, a little bit of somberness melting away with amusing thought. " And will you be able to keep a straight face later, when I bring you colourful jewellery as gifts? If you are still sure... obsidian sounds like it falls easier off the tongue. In either case... thank you, " Demon admitted shyly, sounding much brighter. "The role of a villain is hard... because of its temptations... and the responsibility to pick how far I should go feels so very heavy. It leaves me a bit apprehensive. Even if it rids you of some suspense, it feels more right, to have you be in control of when I should move on from the scene. It is a unique special scenario, and I don't want to stop before we both take all we wish from it, but since you are one on the receiving end, guiding myself by your reactions feels too risky, " he confided, nestling against him more quietly. " After all, since you respond well to pain, I am confident if I am properly rough, your body will respond, but if your mind and body do not align, it doesn't matter. From my side, as well... honesty and intimacy we build is something very precious to me. The line where my indulgence may turn from your pleasure into abuse is too thin, so I need to be certain, of what's going on in your mind, so that I can keep having romantic feelings about the whole process. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"So he remembers everything?" Svarik asked. "He's got his own personality? I was afraid he might choose to awake as someone wholly new and not remember who he was before."

---

"Potato salad is already ruined to me, I think I can deal with obsidian," Senecio chuckled. "I want you to enjoy our play too. Is there something else that would make it more enjoyable to you?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
" I can not guess the limits of Eros's power yet, though it does not seem to allow Ben something like that would be impossible for him... But  from my impression it does not seem Ben would have wanted it, even if he were offered, " Simbel explained, and as he finished hugging Falcon, he innocently sat down between the man and Svarik, unaware of their relationship, just wanting to snuggle between them. Melody took on a child form, and sat down in his lap, too. Snuggled between them, and brushing her hair, Simbel seemed elated, and he continued his report. " He was a little startled by, um.. my change. Last he saw me, I did not have a vessel, and well... I had my old name and identity back then, too. So he was a bit shocked, and he was fearful, with how much I have changed if perhaps a long time has passed, and if maybe the reason you aren't there to greet him is that you either grew old or were killed while he slept... He was so relieved not long had passed, and that no one who was assigned to clear the curse that day had died. He is working hard and seems determined not to have regrets. It seems, though, as time passes, that he is growing more anxious about facing  Jake, Death... and you. With Jake, it feels more like he is preparing to give him a confession, but is completely sure he'll be refused, as is doing it more because Eros told him Jake would suffer without being faced honestly... but as for Death's matter, I can't be sure. It seems messy like he is more indecisive of what to do more time passes. Before, when interacting with Death, he would often default to instincts, and act based on his memories as a Spirit. Riversong believed Death would never endanger himself, because getting corrupted or dying would mean the end of the whole world... So, it was natural he accepted Death's help... And then when he woke up, he had to find out Death grew ill, nearly died, was in a lot of pain, and had to give up his crown and flee to Demon kingdom because he helped him. At first, it seemed like he was anxiously hoping to make sure he is safe with Tide... But it seems as more time passes that he is getting more... angry reflecting on it? " Creature admitted thoughtfully. " I could only ever imagine Riversong pitifully lowering his head in front of Death... But Ben definitely seems to have the capacity to shake him by the shoulders, and yell at him, so... I do not know how it will turn out. If he knew Death would suffer so much he definitelly wouldn't accept the risk of breaking the curse. He is kind of cute, when he stomps his feet on the ground and grumpily says that he won't rely on Riversong's memories to judge things anymore, because Riversong's memories are unreliable garbage, heh... So, for those two, I am still uncertain how things will turn out. And for you, well, it depends on what you want. He is unsure where you stand currently, and what lies in your future, and he also found out that he injured you when he was not himself, so he feels quite worried and guilty about that, even if I told him you healed... I am sorry, " Simbel clarified. " He kept inquiring if he really truly did not hurt anyone while he was not aware of himself, and I had to tell him in the morning that he cut you, and that he bit Lord Nameless's hand badly at a time, but that you are both okay now. With lord Nameless, he already apologised and they cleared it up, but you were absent, so he couldn't do anything about that... The only thing he is apprehensive about is being kept in the dark about where he stands, after he found out Death wasn't honest about how much in pain and close to corruption he was, so as long as you are honest, you'll not be in the wrong, whatever you choose to be. "

---

" I hope you are not asking that because you are thinking I am just going along with what you like. I can with clear conscience assure you I am having at least as much fun as you, if not more, " Tide giggled bemusedly, but he seemed a little thoughtful and wondering, his cheeks growing a little more flushed, as he thought about Senecio's question. He suddenly seemed a little shy, and he leaned his back against the wall, while still keeping actor on his shoulder, so they could rest against it and talk more comfortably. He shares his thoughts more timidly and unsurely, as if not used to speak openly at all, about his preferences and feelings about this, playing with the edge of Senecio's shirt, as if to soothe his nervousness. " I do not think you truly understand... how much all this means to me... Almost all of my partners were drawn to my personality... but matter of making love was always burdensome pressure... weighted down by more bad experiences than good ones. I never experienced... something as pure, as this. Pure fun, without rights of passages, things to prove, or inadequacy. Just pure fun and intimacy, just love, and nothing else, " he confided softly, with tender voice, as if he were speaking of most romantic thing in the world, pouring his heart into it drop by drop, very slowly, as if trying out a taste of unfamiliar words, not meeting his faze, though, as if he felt too shy to do it. " What is there, in our games, Senecio, that I would not love? I can touch your soul freely as I like, and I love handling souls above all. I have an innate instinct, to find the souls of people I adore tasty... handling your soul closely, my mouth waters just thinking about it. The fearless, unconditional way you trust me makes my heart twist and burn. Your soul is so beautiful to me... so tasty, to my senses. Sometimes, I just want to sink my teeth into it and tear off a piece. You are that lovely, to me... So what do you have to worry about, that I would not find enjoyable when handling you? " he nudged him shyly, continuing as if weaving a confession. " I like when things don't end too quickly, and since we began making scenarios and using things like whip, you last longer, and since we began playing as Sein Miru and Beast King, we are doing it more than once, so I am very happy, that our games are growing longer and more elaborate. I like the roles we made, too. It is so very fun, to come up with scenarios with you, and pick and choose the most fun trashy romance novel tropes... I am a sucker for angsty heartfelt romances, where love conquers all hardships. To be honest... I am a little worried with longer games, as I have more time to, um.. get more excited about it... but I was able to calm down quite well, so I am confident I will keep doing okay as long as I give my best. Playing a villain is such silly, propesterous thought... Who would ever excitedly ask such thing from me, to act high and mighty, when only way for me to gain other's trust was to de-escalate and be non-threatening? I do not want to be a cruel person, never, ever. But... there is certain excitement, in thinking unrestrained, bashful and confident thoughts, that only a confident Beast King, not me, could think. My thoughts are very chaotic, so not restraining them... feels quite refreshing, in the context of the game. Everything is so fresh, and new. Above it all... I really love, knowing I am giving you something you can't easily obtain elsewhere. For me, it is more romantic that I can give you this, tailored to your true desires, than if I gave you empty obsidian necklaces. I like, always finding out a little bit more, of what you enjoy. I love... when I can give you things you loved being done to you, but hated who did it to you. I love knowing that you do not have to return to them... and I love that when you recall things you enjoyed,more together we are, more good memories you will have to recall. Giving someone you cherish good memories is the highest gift you can give in Being culture, so... I.. do not have that much experience, feeling pure fun like this, so it is hard to figure out what I want, because things have never been going this well for me, to be honest.. I am scared if I will make mistake not knowing, and lose what we have, but... I trust you. You have your words, and I know you will use them if needed, and that gives me reassurance.  I do not know, if my joy is being lost in translation. I really hope that it is not... because I've never had as much fun, and so much joy with no drawbacks, being with you, compared to anyone else I have ever been with..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"It didn't occur to me, but yes... with me not being there and you looking so different, he must have been really confused about how much time has passed," Svarik said thoughtfully. "I'll try to reassure him that there's no hurt in body in feelings. But you're saying he's asleep now? In that case I'll let him rest, I would like to talk to Lipka first."

---

"I'm not asking because I'd think that you're not having fun with this. I can feel that, don't worry. I'm just asking if there is something you would like to incorporate into the scenario, especially with the Beast King," Senecio said.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Of course, you have not seen each other for a while, you should speak with your lady, " Simbel, who must have known Lipka was pregnant but did not know if Svarik knew, spoke vaguely, to respect their privacy. " Should I still wake him up a bit and give him time to get rid of sleepiness, so he isn't startled by your sudden appearance? Tell me, is there anything I can do, to ease your burdens upon arrival? I tried my best to take care of as many religious duties as physically possible while you were away, so you don't have to worry about religious dues for now... priests are often curious, but I am being properly mysterious for now, until we figure out more details of theology we want. "
" Good, " Conrad chuckled a little bit, explaining a little vaguely, as he didn't want to talk about the details of Janus's proposal yet. " I will take care of most kingly business while Svarik talks with Lipka and Ben, but we intend to return to the sea for a bit more, soon, due to some circumstances."
" Oh... You would be back so soon? " Simbel's face grew a little sad, as he seemed to have missed them dearly, and hoped they could spend a little more time together now that they were back, but he clearly tried to cut it off, not to burden them. " Well... Yes... Young people should have plenty of adventures, yes. I will hold the fort down while you are away. I will keep the priests occupied, and our vampires safe. You don't have to worry about anything, dearest. You are probably... planning to escort Ben, to see Death and Jake, right? Is that why... Erdel stayed... to keep Death company? Could you still perhaps... have meal with us at least, before whenever you plan to go back? I can't feel taste, in this vampire body, but it is so very nice, participating in normal things that normal people do, like meals... I looked forward, to sharing a meal with you... "

---

" Something I would like... " Being whispered wonderingly, as if lost in thoughts for a moment. Like before, he spoke slowly, as if speaking of a vague, unexplored subject, that he didn't talk out loud about too often. " I hope it won't look to you as if I'm being evasive on purpose... It is a new thing to figure out. Especially among human partners, it was often... More neglected part of the relationship, as I most of the time never wanted to initiate anything with anyone at least until a year passed, and we grew closer. Most of the Demons, excluding powerful independent ones tend to see me more as a family protective figure than a partner, so I never had many demon partners, and I don't date Spirits because I want to marry someone with whom I would one day end up having children, so, my dating pool is small, to begin with, and my lovemaking pool is even smaller. The nicest experiences I had were with Hans and Eros, but with Hans, it is a more relaxed and stress-relief activity without passion, while with Eros, it is a more comforting, soothing activity. Just because I am very attracted to you and always enthusiastic about it, does not mean I am a person that tried many things... I don't feel driven to try things if they are not with the right person, so I do not often try things. I am just as skilled as I am because one person I sleep with is very imaginative, while the other is the God of love, from whom I might or might not have taken a lot of anatomy lessons in hopes of being a more eligible bachelor, " Demon chuckled sheepishly, continuing, as he shyly nestled against him as if needing that encouragement to continue. " What I enjoy with both Hans and Eros is so much different from what I enjoy with you, and Being lovemaking isn't as clear cut and straightforward as human... so it is hard to compare my preferences with those two, with my preferences with you. It is... a whole new, different thing. So... For a start... what I like... what I like the most, is richness of experience. I like this strange, layered game. I love romance novels almost as much as romance poems. I also like when we come up with some contradicting in-game rules... It was so very fun, last time, when Sein Miru had to pretend before the people that Beast King's touches were interrogation he did not want, while you would resist and plea for mercy the more you wanted me to continue, and act like you gave up resisting and revealed the traitor when you wanted to stop. Do you think we could do something like that, with the General, for the start? The reverse game. More you like something I am doing, more desperately resist and plead? I love having cues as to what you like, without you having to break character to tell me you like something you are not supposed to, like torture from a villain. Besides, I was thinking... Do not get me wrong... The way you act resisting is gorgeous. The way your back arches and the way you move... every second frozen would look like a delicate sculpture. I can't complain, I love it, but... I just wondered if you feel a little constrained by it, bound by the outside look of it all as if it is a performance? I noticed you often don't make too much noise, and even your moans aren't all that noisy. I imagine it easily gets into the habit since being too noisy would be annoying to your abusers,  and it might cost you if they grow displeased with you... but the sound isolation in the mansion is excellent, and I happen to like when you are less restrained and louder. People that are hurt against their will aren't that sensual... they scream, snivel, beg, and even cry, as they hurt... That reality would not look pretty on stage, but won't it be more exciting, to beg ardently, too? I understand Sein Miru might try to endure, and hope horror will end soon, but as it keeps going, won't even Sein Miru have his limits, and even if he feels no one would come to his aid, won't he cry out for mercy or help, whatever you feel is more suitable? Beings are creatures deeply tied to sound and vibrations that echo through the fabric... So I like stark, clear, unrestrained sounds. I like choice of obsidian for our games in general, but in this case, won't it feel more poignant and like more sweeping romantic rescue, if Beast King saves Miru after he can't hold it any longer and pleads for someone to save him? I really love romantic sweeping rescues in novels, and while in lot of real life rescues person is often barely alive and conscious in lengthy days long torture, short spur-of-moment rescues often happen when a victim makes enough noise to be noticed, and passerby feels the crisis and gains courage to step into dangerous situation... Besides, do you remember, when we talked of true names? While he names Sein Miru, Beast King who has no one other close to him has no name of his own, and we said it would be nice, if Sein Miru named him, like Sein Miru was named by him. Beings would often tell local people their more private names, which they can use to call upon Beings in crisis, for help... Would you like us to incorporate something of such sort for the Beasts? For Beasts to be able to hear someone's cries for help from afar if they summon them by their name? I feel like it would bother Beast King greatly, that Sein Miru could not call him for help, but at the same time, it would feel pretty vulnerable, to admit to him that reason he never gave him a name to call him by in case of danger, was that he has no name to give him... After the rescue, how would you feel if we incorporated the discussion about names? I feel like there would be no way, if the name can be used to summon help more effectively than mere title, that Beast King won't feel like the only way to protect Sein Miru more properly, is to have Sein Miru give him a name to call him for help by. I can not imagine, that Beast King won't feel terrible, for coming too late, so, at least from the perspective of a Being, talking about names feels like a natural continuation. Even for not too talented Beings, noise and intent are extremely meaningful. If you were to desperately yell my name, if I am close enough, I would get an eerie bad premonition and feeling of being drawn to you.... instinct of a creature tied to fabric closely and all... " he coughed shyly. " Though, if you had to pick a name to call... between us desperately, it is better to pick Llyr or Erdel. But what I am saying, even Janus, who is the weakest among our kind, could feel intent of people directed toward him in the form of prayers directed to him, since such sensitivity to fabric is Being nature. So, with Sien Miru always in danger, the only way to ease Beast King's guilt would be to give him some way to protect Miru better. Besides, I doubt Sein Miru would not feel at least a little bitter, thinking Beast King isn't offering him a name to call him by in case of danger.. right? Do you not think that he would feel like Beast King doesn't trust him enough to offer him his name? Anyone would feel bitter for that seeming lack of trust, even if the truth is different since Beeast King has no name to offer him... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Of course we will have a meal," Svarik said. "We also have a guest. He's called Alpha and is a Star, like Solstice. He's in the magical bag. Should we invite him out now or wait until we get to our garden?"

---

Senecio nodded slowly. "Yes... Sein Miru wasn’t supposed to leave the king's rooms. He also shouldn't let anyone but the king touch him. He would try to resist. He would try to beg and plead with the general, try to get out of it any way he can and if he can’t, then just endure without alerting anyone. But when it doesn't work, he must be really desperate when he calls out for the king. He might feel like the king doesn't trust him if he doesn't give him his name, but he would also feel he does not deserve the trust for doing something he shouldn't have. He wouldn't want the king to know, so it must be really bad if he calls for him despite that." Senecio's breath was quickened a bit, as it seemed that this scenario was touching him deeper than just a pure planning of pleasure, and he was eager to explore it.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Simbel's shoulder tensed up, his body growing stiffer as his aura wavered slightly. However, his expression was stoic, and he smiled a little faintly.
" I... see... Not appearing with you must mean he is not too human passing... and easing me into it like this must mean he is a Demon, doesn't it? " the creature asked with an apologetic, careful voice. He knew his suppressed fear was obvious, so he did not justify it, he just tried to grasp the circumstances. " Normally, it would be poor manners, to keep guests waiting longer than necessary... But the sudden appearance of a presence as powerful as a Star, Spirit or Demon, " he shuddered a little, against his will, before he continued. " It could frighten our people back home, vampires, and Sun Spirits, too. Since Demon hunters appeared, Everyone is a little on the edge with unknown presences. So, I will relay messages to people in the mansion, to inform everyone by the time we get back, so others won't be alarmed. Besides, it would be improper of us as hosts, to have him here... let's set him free in the garden, where everything is more inviting, and he is not greeted in a dark, confined space as this. Should... should I tell others, to prepare something? Food if he likes to eat, a place to rest if he likes solitude? Is he more easygoing like Solstice, or is he more old-fashioned? Should I prepare bread and salt, if he is the type that likes old customs and traditions of sharing salted bread as guest and host? " he inquired, now that he was well fed and growing into his own person, his practical concerns sounding quite lot like Conrad's, their relations feeling quite more apparent than before, when Simbel was starving, weak and reserved. " Do.. do not worry, Master Sunshine. When.... when I was facing Tide, I was not ready. I was quite a chaotic, uncollected host. I... I do not know how my heart may respond on its own, but I am confident I can keep it in check. I will definitely do my best to make your guests feel welcome. I.. Um... Sun Spirits mean well, but they are a bit blunt and without filters, having lived sheltered lives, so they may say something insensitive out of but playful curiosity toward demonic Star, so, if you need someone to tend to our guest while you are busy... I guess I am probably the better option among immortals here... so, I could... "
---

" Yes. Isn't the tragedy of the situation just wonderful? It is so bittersweet that you can almost taste it, " Tide asked hoarsely, his mouth watering a little as he spoke as if he was savouring a delicious taste. There was hunger, and clear yearning in his voice, as he shared his feelings with Senecio. " I desire to give you, something that feels so real, that would make your composure break, and your act be less pretty. If the experience and terror is real, will you have time to think about how to twist and turn beautifully as you do? No, you will be busy thinking thoughts of survival and despair, to spare thoughts about how scenes or scenarios or whatever is doing...  We must set a good scene, so that when we step upon it, scenario disappears, and only thing between us is danger, " he spoke most softly, innocently, as if trying to nudge him, to see how he feels about it. " The hunger I feel for you grows stronger the more I know you. The more you give me, the more shameless I grow... Is it improper of me, to want to push you beyond what anyone ever did?  I am ever curious, to see all the different ways I can push things further. Isn't the thought of resisting for dear life, instead of just resisting beautifully as you do by nature, terribly exciting? You are always so very quiet... you never even made a sound when those bastards were beating up you and Hans. You just endured quietly, as a man used to never expect a dashing rescue, or react strongly even when he gets it, as if getting rescued was a surprise, not a given. When I think of it, even since you joined the theatre, and your father told you you must do everything to get roles - have you ever put your thoughts into voicing a yearning to be saved? I doubt you ever screamed for mercy and meant it, when either roles or some pleasure means you must endure bad parts of it and not expect any better. Beings, Beings are fickle, curious creatures, " he whispered, glancing back at him, through eyelids half closed with satisfaction, as he confided. "I am so terribly curious... If Sein Miru is so desperate to endure things quietly until the terrible situation passes, but it gets so horrible that he can not help but scream for help from the person whom he desperately wants to hide this humiliation from - just how dire the situation must be? There is nothing more freeing, than putting all your pent up fears into a scream of despair, and letting it all out. More than once, I have cried so hard I had to scream until my voice broke, so I would know, joys of letting out all the negative things, " he grinned a little, nudging against him. " Your resisting is always beautiful and poised and calculated, like a gorgeous sculpture is crafted attentively. It is beautiful sight, but I feel like hearing you let out a little more of your feelings into a scream would be a beautiful sound. To you, who is my Seine, a grand master of enduring sad things and waiting for them to pass quietly - what would make your heart swell with so much desparation to be rescued, that you would put it into scream? To you who is my Sein Miru, what will be the thing, to push such brave little dragon of mine over the edge, enough that he screams for help? I'm just dying to know, only able to endure by feeding on crumbs of anticipation...  "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you," Svarik smiled at him. "I'm actually not sure if he is really a demon or a spirit. He is a Star above all else. But if you can alert people at home that we're coming with a guest, it would be best so that they aren't nervous when he appears. I'm not asking you to play host to him,  but if you would like to, I think you might find him a pleasant company."

---

"I'm not sure..." Senecio whispered a bit shakily. "Sein Miru knows that if he cries out for help, it may actually come. I learnt that crying out doesn't work, but looking pretty does. So, it's also a matter of getting deep enough into the character. But at the same time, I think it's also shedding a character that I'm used to play so much that it became a part of me. So, insted of what would make me scream, let's figure out what would make Sein Miru scream. I think it would be fear of being broken an unable to serve the king anymore. A real threat of death or crippling, because that would hurt the king, too."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Stars are very rare and important, so just like Solstice was greeted with due respect.. we must show due respect. But if King is busy, and the underground leader that owns the mansion is busy, then your local Deity should step up, shouldn't he? " Simbel whispered shyly, despite clear anxieties and nervousness about the upcoming first meeting, and his fingers that were twitching slightly against his will, he seemed to do his best to be brave. " I do not know the heart of this Star... but I do not wish to do anything that you would have to lower down your head for. The lacking, chaotic way in which I met Tide... was unacceptable. I am starting with the handicap of being tied to White Eagle, so I have to give my best to make up for it. I want to be someone... someone that takes good care of all your friends... "
" You don't need to feel that pressured, " Conrad tried to reassure him. " Alpha is rather casual and playful, so he should be easy to get along with... I think he is a Demon,but like Svarik said, above all, he is a Star, so it does not make a difference... "
" It matters a lot whether he is a Demon or not, " Simbel seemed baffled by their words, but while it could be easily misunderstood as prejudice at first, as he continued speaking, worries of doing right by someone Svarik brought to him was clearly deeply embedded in his voice and words. " I am a pond that can kill Demons, after all... We did build steel protection around it, but things can be easily misunderstood. If he were a Spirit, it would not be too controversial if we bring him out near my pond to make him feel more welcome in its warmth, but Demon might misunderstand... What place would be good to take him out... hmm.. maybe inside the mansion on the opposite side, so it is a little further from the gardens? Cookies baked with my flowers are also a delicious rare welcome treat to Spirits, and Sun Spirits adore them, but we tested different ratios with vampires, and even small amount of flowers burns them, so I must know to make sure not to offer it to him if he is a Demon, and to make sure nothing made with my cookies touches him and hurts him by mistake. I will tell everyone in thoughts that he is coming so that he does not startle them, but I... never hosted a Demon, yes, hosting Tide can not really be called hosting, because it was too clumsy, barely passable, " he shook his head fervently, with stubbornness but also passion akin to a child. " I want to make sure he feels welcome, but I am not sure how to host a Demon properly... Stars that walk among humans are extremely rare, and White Eagle's mother was a Star, but... she left him to Two headed Raven's care before he was even old enough to remember her, so the only Star White Eagle knew well was Solstice, so I have no experience to draw from... "

---

" Death would be a bit hard to make feel real... The most reversible way to bring fear of death would be by suffocation, but Hans told me you have fears of it, as I have fears of chains... So, would fear of cropping be alright for me to choose between the two? If I keep escalating things little by little, even if you trust me, I am sure we can build up the proper panic, until you can not help but voice it. So, do you think the fear of crippling would be able to give you an equally strong experience as the fear of dying? " Tide negotiated, probing with his words very gently, watching him with worry and warmth as he kept speaking. He did not try to weigh him down, but he hoped instead that sincerity would reach him if he poured his heart into reply. " To be honest, I am not sure Beast King, not I, can relate to the crippling fear more than fear of you dying... The only way in which I do fear your cropping would be if it were by my hand because I would be devastated to be the cause of your misery. But even so, I would want you. When we just met, I felt strongly about you, but the only way I could properly express the strength of my feelings was to tell you you are so beautiful to me... But now that you know about how hunger intertwined with my sences and accept it, it is so freeing, that I can tell you that you are so terribly, devastatingly delicious to me that I don't know what to do with myself. It feels so freeing, to not have to censor myself with propriety and speak as I feel. After all, you taste so deliciously to me because you are you, not because you are beautiful, so it doesn't feel quite true, to give compliment your beauty instead of you, my delicious breadcrumb, " he grinned, and so very shyly, he raised one of his arms, and he reached for actor's hand, placing his palm over Senecio's. " So... I hope you will give your best to understand, that while I like sparkly things, you would sparkle to me even if you are glass, not a diamond. Your warm expression would sparkle to me, even if you were cripplied... So you do not have to be afraid of it, as Sein Miru is. While we had no healers of soul until now, we had pretty good care for bodies, so most things should be mendable, but even if not, even if you remained cripplied for life, I am strong, and I have plenty to give you of myself... I would grandly be your eyes and feet, for whatever you may need. Or do you think I care for Hans any less fervently, just because his body is riddled with countless scars and because he is crippled? I worry for him more, yes, but if I cared for him less, I would worry less. So, please, my most delicious sparkle... " he smiled frailly. " If you ever come upon danger, will you promise to prioritise your life over any injuries, and can you promise me to put your whole heart into yearning for being saved? Think of it as a prayer, to this bashful, spoiled Sea Deity. Even if I am but a minor God, barely mentioned once in a while by scholars now, Being rules still bind me, and if I am close enough, your yearning will alert me. Of course, using piece of me like hair or nails would be best, because using Being's body, even at great distance or across layers of the world, it will definitely make them notice your call, but even if you can't use a piece of me, think of me intently and try to call upon me. Give me the best chances to save you, whatever may come. Have I not even saved Hans, from the Emperor's, the Thief's hands, and helped save you from death? Have I not saved even Death from death? I have a good track record, with saving people, " he grinned most brightly, anticipation and hope playing shyly on corners of his squinted, foamy eyes. " So will you promise to give your best to summon me to you, whether to save you from danger, solitude, or boredom? Learning comes with repetition. I will respond to your prayers as many times as it takes for you to form an expectation of it from me... I have prayed most earnestly to the universe whole my life, to send me someone delicious to adore... and it sent me you. You were the answer to my ardent prayers, so the least I can be is be the answer to yours, don't you think? I love it, when you shed a character that burdens you. I will tear off that old stale skin with my teeth and eat it all away, so you can live more freely, like a snake is liberates as it sheds the worn tight skin. I need to do at least that little, to thank you, for bringing more pure joy into my life than I know what to do with... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
(OOC: their mother is actually Queen of birds, living in the 3rd layer. We will meet her in the 3rd book)

"It does indeed matter if he is a demon in that specific case," Svarik nodded. "So we better not give him any flowers, to be completely sure. Other than that, he really is nice and playful. He carried us here in the bag, so it's thanks to him that we were able to come for a bit before the end of our stay at the sea."

---

"So... you want me to summon you if I need saving?" Senecio asked. "The more serious cases I get, but just from boredom, too? Can you sense the intention of the prayer? Because I don't want to scare you, making you think that I'm in danger when I'm just bored. As to Sein Miru, I think we don't need to go as far as the border of actual danger. Just the threat should be enough. If someone threatens you with death and then draws a sword on you while you are bound, you don't wait with calling for help until he swings it to see if he was actually serious. That would be too late. And Sein Miru sees himself as the King's property. By calling for help, he's defending that property, even if he fears the king's anger and rejection. He... doesn't really understand the king yet, I think. He's fascinated by him and considers himself lucky to be able to serve him. But he still sees himself as expendable. This is an important step in making him understand..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
( OOC: Oh, nicee! It is always fun to see more Beings involved in the plot, i am super curious how her role will be shaped by the fact she is the Mother of the only Being that truly died, I remember you mentioning the character sometimes, but I didn't know she was their mother :) Choosing their parents was super early, and I remember at very start when I imagined the pond, I imagined Star Boy as Being that died there, in that legend, but when you realized it would make most sense if White Eagle who exists in canon was one to die, I remember we explained it here that only legends get mixed up, and that it was White Eagle who died, and we just put it that legends got mixed up because Star Boy was his brother. When I was originally thinking of who could the parents be, I originally just thought it would be neat to have them get their innate love of Stars and power from a strong Mother, and looks based on animal Beings from different fathers. But since you have so much to trim, and since Star Boy was a spur of moment change, I imagine there's only two brothers left, Raven and Eagle? Star Boy is probably biggest outlier as he only appeared for a short while, so he is easiest to cut, though I will miss having a local folk figure that is dresses in starry outfit and gives presents to the children, but I mostly was inspired to make him so because of love for little prince and Tingang Warble at a time, I just thought some folk legend with stars for Conrad to be inspired by would be neat, but he doesn't appear much and he is probably easiest to trim, so conflict can be better seen between bird characters ^^ Likewise, originally, I was also mostly thinking about reasonable way it would make sence for parents not to be intervening in children's conflict at all. Even if it would make sense Beings are more distant from their children, since this is a special case where it is only time a Being truly died, not just lost their memories, it made sence to make fathers never knew or bond to them, so they aren't interested or know of their conflict at all, and if Mother that gave birth to them was a Star that choose to retreat after a while to just be a Star, she could be out of the picture, even if she were alive. It was easy way to explain why she never would try to do anything for the pond or visit it, or have any plot tied to it, if she were a distant parent that went far away, so it was easy way to tie it up back then, but it will be more fun to see how plot develops if she is still in the picture, and what will all happen around her and two headed Raven in future, it is sad that in canon White Eagle is gone for good, but family tragedy is always interesting trope to see, I really like it, just how you said when you planned to rework Melody as Svari's mom, and changes with other character mothers, it is refreshing and nice to see multiple generations tied to the plot, instead of mostly current young generation, world feels more lively that way ^^

That seemed to be great service in Simbel's eyes, as his gaze immediately filled up with more warmth, as he must have been thankful for the chance to see Svarik, Conrad and Melody a little earlier, even if it was for a short while.
" I see... If he is playful and friendly to humans... do you think he would like to do some sight seeing? " he asked suddenly, as he seemed determined to, despite his inexperience, find something that would would return the favor to the quest. " If he looks scary and isn't too human passing, it may be more difficult, and it may be impossible, if he goes with anyone but me... But everyone in the capital knows Tarmagil's face, and  lot of people are more scared of disobeying him than they would of some demons. If he looks too inhuman, it may be challenging, but as long as I move in circles I already visited, with people that already know me, if I summon couple high ranking Bull priests to follow us to make people more at ease, I should be able to give him semi decent route of part of the city... Do you think he would like that? I could give him a bit of a tour, so you have plenty of space to talk with Lipka and Ben without worrying about your...  our guest. I would just need to know how to present him as before the world. I need to have something I can introduce him to Bull priests by, as I imagine saying he is local visiting God would only raise confusion...  "
" Yes... he is technically sort of the one of only three Being residents in the Empire, Hans, Eros and Alpha, that in records are technically led in as long living humans of unique linage, " Conrad explained. " So, technically, on papers, at least, he is neither Demon nor Being, but Svarik's totally regular human subject... I think believing local God visit would sound more probable than believing the papers, but we want people in the capital to get used to him, so he can visit more freely if he wants to, so I don't think we should lie too much... "
---

" I will make sure to handle the step with proper care, don't worry. Since I am going through a great ordeal of convincing my boyfriend he is not expendable and failing regularly, at least knowing I have decent chances to convince Sein Miru he isn't expendable is exciting. It is about time at least one of you is convinced, " Tide teased, and with the softest grin, he pinched Senecio's cheek, as he began whispering conspiratorially. " Since Beasts are basically Beings, and same rules of Names apply, you must make sure you understand how calling works, to properly enjoy the trope, when Beast King later brings up the talks about names, and reveals he has none... Normally, you would always call upon Being with a piece of him, nails, scales, hair... That is most certain way to definitely make sure Being feels you, even if you call them from the other side of the world. I was thinking of maybe pressing and preserving some of flowers that grow around my neck, so you can swallow a flower if you are able to, with most certainty, and you also have scarf I knitted you with my hair, that you can put saliva on to make me notice you. But if you can not use scarf or reach for flower and eat it, screaming for me would be best, if you can not scream, them most fervent prayer you can muster. Storng intent is extremely important, as strong intent is like a loud noise, you see. That is why the culture of praying developed as it did. All Being Gods that had the desire to answer prayers in person would set rules through their priests, so their followers know how to pray properly, to mark what prayers they would answer. Just by nature of fabric, even without any bond, if you were close enough and your intent was directed toward me, I would feel it somewhat, but Beings that choose to be Gods that are active with their believers would use different ways to strengthen their bonds so both benefit. Just like how you can enjoy benefits of Sil Simbel's healing pond with nothing, but how when he plants people's flowers in his dreams, he gets stronger ties to the Living, and they get stronger protection from him, and can also communicate in thoughts to him using their flowers. It is extreme example of a very active deity, and very strong bond, symbiotic in its own way, but it is not only way ties are strengthened. After all, using certain blood line and blood sacrifices like Thief did, is easiest way to do it, even if it is parasitic, instead of a symbiotic bond. What is said and named matters, so when you sweat Oaths of servitude to a Being, it matters, even if you are not in deeper layers. Things like making loose Familiar contract or sleeping with followers, asking for sacrifices in people's blood or body parts, or giving them Blessings, strengthens the tie.... And you are this fortunate God's favourite, that not only got a Blessing from him, but also exchanged blood and saliva with him, as they formed family contract, " he grinned mischievously. " Just because it isn't as fancy as Simbel's flowers, don't you think your connection with me is growing quite steadily? It would be even more solid, if you accept more small Blessings from me, and we can't talk in thoughts, Sil Simbel's innate plant nature makes him overpowered in that regard, but are we not doing quite well, as we are? Without you using part of my body like flowers in summoning, our range is small, so I probably wouldn't be able to feel you in another city, but in this one, if you think extremely intently of me, I should feel it. If you think intently with boredom, I will notice it, just as I'll notice if you think intently with despair. Not to the point of knowing what is going on, but to the point of feeling an instinct of panic if something feels wrong.  I have been retired for quite a while now... but still, what do you say, about this humble God's proposal? I will make your prayers worth your while. You can think of my name intently as you pray, but it would be even more effective if you come up with a unique nickname that is rarely said and only few would know, since, more unique the calling is compared to how someone is called usually, more likely one is to distinguish it from the noise of thousands voices that would sometimes think of you. It would in the past be seen as God's hidden secret name, if you will. Beast King could marginally feel if people would think intently of him for protection, but not much, since it is well known title that everyone uses, just like Tide is what everyone calls me. It takes unique name given with strong feelings, to tug heartstrings to make sure your call makes the Being know for certain it is from you, and not from some general person that is thinking intently of them at the same time... so when you think of me, what would you like to call me by? " " Tide caressed man's hand shyly, his voice a little hoarse and vulnerable as he asked. "Names are so very important, in Being and Beast culture, so something like importance of names like this should be common knowledge for Sein Miru, so you must know it too, so Beast King's reveal that the only reason he didn't share his name yet is that he has no name to give him would hit with proper shock and weight... "
1 ... 176177178179