Svarik and the company I :)

12345678 ... 100

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"No, dear host," Svarik hurried to explain. "We do not fear tricks. My companion just does not need food for sustenance, and does not eat in solidarity with others of his kind who can't. I will gladly have a meal with you in his stead."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes, I apologize greatly, sir. I did not wish to displease you, I just prefer not to eat. But if you would be so kind, my other companion... " he pointed at fair winged fox. " Likes to eat as much as I do not. I would be much happier to give my share of food to her, with your permission. "
That comment seemed to distract Forest God from vampire's refusal, as he turned to the fox and looked upon her in the eyes. As he did so, his own dimmed eyes brightened up a little, and he actually smiled faintly and sadly, as if he observed something beautiful and rare. With that, the slight shade of discomfort and danger slowly lessened from the air as he calmed a little.

" I knew there were two of you, but I did not know you have a Child with you. And what a healthy Child! Alright then... You can share your food if you desire it so, dear guest. " he said solemnly, and with some charm, he observed Xia as her face lit up with pleasure when Erdel passed down his plate to her.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you for understanding, and for the meal you shared with us," Svarik smiled at him, and started eating his food together with Xia and the forest god.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Forest God only got couple of fruit for himself, and he just nibbled on them, as he observed them all in silence. He was quite silent, appearing a little fearful of Erdel, and much more safe and interested in Xia.

" She still can't take human form, can she? " he bid Svarik quietly after a while, as he was one that prefered talking, his voice shy, but not able to conceal a streak of innocent childlike curiosity. " Young? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Just a couple of days," Svarik said gently, looking at Xia. "She will be able to take human form when she is older? Closest she can do is a little furry humanoid creature. Maybe she would be willing to show you, if she feels comfortable enough..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" So young yet so healthy? I am very pleased. " Forest God's face lit up adorably, as if meeting a demon that was just few days old both and untouched by any shadow was the rarest thing he could imagine, and something that delighted him. " I do not know customs of your home, travelers. Would it be impolite if I speak with your Youngling to ask her if she wishes to show her childlike form to me? " he bid for permission, apparently, as much as desiring not to be offended, not wanting to offend them or what in his eyes was their child. " I would very much be pleased to talk with her if you allow. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I would not mind that. She does not speak human language, so we find it a bit hard to communicate, although she is learning. If you can speak to her directly, it would be great help to us to have a translator. But if you mean speaking like we do now, she can understand just a few words..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" You can't speak with her? That sounds... sad... " God looked at Erdel as if he wondered why vampire can't speak with her. He did not linger on it, not wanting to pry, it seemed. Instead, he turned to fox, and softly and gently, his voice warm like a summer breeze, he started to make sound similar to whistling, same ones Ben Temallion often used.

With it, suddenly, Xia raised look from her plentiful bowl of food, and her expression got so bright and happy that even the sad weary God had to smile a little at it. She whistled back to him, and he replied, whistling to her, and so, they talked for a while, exchanging whistles as if it was some form of archaic language that comes naturally engraved in demon kind.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik looked amazed, not hoping to find someone who can talk with Xia. "You can speak to her!" he smiled. "That's wonderful... I'm really glad we came here!"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Of course we can speak... We are kin. Her thoughts are very nice and eloquent... And this human language is only my fifth tongue, as well. It was not easy to learn for me, and I took proper time for it. " creature said with little smile, seeming both pleased and surprised with king's great enthusiasm. He looked at Erdel with some lingering sadness, though. " Why can't you speak with her? Is your soul or mind wounded? " he asked with some worry.
Vampire blushed at it, not expecting that creature to come to that conclusion, seeming a little embarrassed and insecure at the suggestion something may be wrong with him.
" I was not born like this. I was human originally, and became like you only recently too. I am not much older than the Fox Child in that regard, kind host... "
" Oh, really? You do look rather young, to tell the truth. I am pleased, to be sincere. I was a bit worried that you may know of me, when I sow you, but I am happy, to learn you are so young. I like younglings. " he bowed his lovely horned head to him gently, and apologized to him softly. " I am glad you are not hurt. Since you are not born like us, though, you won't be able to speak with us on our terms for some time yet. Humans mind's are just too inadequate and unused to our complex senses, and that is okay... " he placed hand upon his chest, as if marking he speaks honestly as he tried to reassure him. " Give it couple of centuries, kind Youngling, and I am sure you will develop enough sensitivity to speak with her yourself. She says she likes you very much, and is sad she can't tell that to you. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik smiled, and caressed Xia, glad that they are able to communicate again. "We actually travel for more reasons, but one of them is to take some time away to teach her some of the human language, so that we could communicate, since I'm not able to learn yours..." he said. "Having someone who can translate for us would be a great help..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I love to help the needy. I can do as much for you. " Forest God smiled, seeming very pleased that they wish for something in his power. His look grew more distant, though. " I am so very too happy to have guests... So happy my heart could burst... It's been so long since last time... But you can not stay here for long. Your little Xia maybe can, but you too shouldn't stay around me longer than you have to. It's dangerous. At risk of sounding rude to you.. " he looked away, it seeming it was very hard and painful for him to say those words. " I will have to ask you to leave as soon as you are able... But for a little while longer... Please, do stay. I will tell your little Xia whatever you want her to know, if you do.  "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Is it alright if we stay until evening today, and also tomorrow?" Svarik asked. "We can just talk now and then use the night to think of how to best use the time for Xia. And do not worry that I might get sick. I have flowers that should help with that. But maybe I will leave the other animals in the other fort tomorrow, the fox is expecting kits and it might not be good for them..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Did you say... Expecting kits? " Forest God raised his eyebrow with renewed timid interest - his attention seemed to be rather chaotic and wavering, often jumping from subject to subject, as if the ancient battle had left him somewhat weaker in grasping things firmly with his mind, not just in body and soul. Lot seemed to be lost in dignified creature as he was lowered to attention span of a child, and much like a child, he could easily smile, and easily sadden, and now his face was colored with gentle innocent curiosity as he was peeking in within the little bag with animals.
" May I see your tiny expecting fox? May I hold it? " he bid for permission gently, with deep desire and longing.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"If she is alright with that..." Svarik nodded, and tried to lure Yiska out of the bag gently, with a caress and a little bit of meat.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Erdel also helped him out, luring the little animal gently. When she was outside on the table, Forest God seemed very pleased, observing her with excitement. He bid her to come to him with graceful inviting gesture, and tiny animal seemed to sense something safe within him, same she felt when with Erdel, and hesitantly, she came to him.
Forest God fondled her lightly first, and then he softly raised her and put her safely in his arms. At first, she was tense, as he was stranger and acted rather freely to her, but it seemed she couldn't resist some magical charm of his gentleness and kindness, and when demon started to lightly and gently rub her belly with his long delicate fingers it seemed to be very pleasant to her, and she relaxed trustfully in his hold, leaning against him and closing her eyes.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik watched with a smile, trusting the creature to be gentle with his little fox. "So do you think it would be alright if we stayed today and tomorrow?" he asked.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Today and tomorrow... It's alright. It's alright if you stay, if you promise you won't stay longer than those two days. " Forest God whispered thoughtfully, still caressing little fox with some sad longing. " Your tiny fox and your tiny kitten can not come tomorrow, though. I used to keep at least birds inside, you see... I loved them with all joy my weak soul could master, kind guests... But I can not help my current sad state. It didn't pass much, until they started to whither away in my shadow, under weight of this air. Until they whitened away in my hands, no matter how gently I held them. I swore - never again, will I keep animals here. I will have to bid you to leave those two precious childs in other fort with little Emil, if you wish to see me again tomorrow. " creature said, seeming deeply sad, but knowing it has to be so, so he wouldn't endanger little fluffs he seemed to adore.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm sorry for that," Svarik said empathetically. "I will let them stay with Emil tomorrow. And I'm afraid I can't eat much more, we had lunch not long ago. Would you mind if I shared this portion with you?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
God seemed to sadden a little with that, and get a little bit restless, looking at his food as if wondering what is wrong with it that his guests do not want to eat it so intently. The air got a little bit chilly, as he seemed to grow upset, as if being called out as not being a good host.

" Well... If you are not hungry, dear guest... " he stuttered, trying to remain kind, though it seemed he was on the verge of tears, holding little fox close for comfort. " It is rude, though, to return what is given to you. " he said quietly. " You can pass it over to your little Xia, if you want to, though. " he whispered, glancing at young little demon. " Children do not have to eat no more than adults of our kin, but that they feel loved.. That is important, if you want them to grow up healthy... "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Oh no, there's nothing wrong with it," Svarik said gently. "To tell the truth, I just feel a bit bad that your portion is much smaller than ours, and I'm really not that hungry now. How about we make a pause now, and finish it for dinner? I would rather like to talk than eat now. Or would you like another song?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
The creature seemed a little appeased, though his mood still seemed on border between trying to calm and fighting not to cry.
" Maybe a short song, if you wish to give it to me, kind guest... " he said hesitantly and vulnerably. " I would like to hold on to your tiny fox kit for a little longer... " he whispered, holding Yiska in his arms softly and gently despite his own distress, as he probably hoped song would help him calm.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Gladly," Svarik smiled, and started to play again, a song just for the forest god this time, one that would calm and reassure him and raise his hope.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
It took a while, but it seemed to help, as creature's breath slowly evened, and chill from the air dissipated. After a while, as song was helping ancient creature grow less anxious, Xia slowly came to him. She knelled before him, and from giant fluffy winged fox, she turned into a little adorable furry humanoid creature, and she leaned against God's leg and hugged it as if trying to comfort him. God smiled gracefully at her, his eyes full of wonder and delight - and like a precious little princess, he raised childlike critter in his lap, and along with Yiska, he held her protectively, letting her leaned against him, as it seemed presence and touch of gentle caring demon adult was soothing to her.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik played for longer this time, enjoying the sight of Xia and Yiska snuggling with the demon god so trustfully.
12345678 ... 100