Svarik and the company I :)

1 ... 3456789 ... 100

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Demon enjoyed the soothing melody, it seeming to aid him to some easement from his pains. With its gentle aid, his flickering weak aura seemed to brighten up a little and grow more fluent.

After a while, he looked up, and waved away with his hand lightly, giving a sign for king that he could stop,  when he judged king had played enough and it would be impolite to bid him to play for more. He smiled a little more brightly, his face shining with thankfulness, as he seemed to have felt better and appreciated it.

" You are travelling by flight, do you not, dear guest? " he instead of thanking bid Svarik once music stopped, observing little Yiska with some worry. " I am glad. It is safer. Is it safe enough for her, though? She is so small, and she has four sweet little younglings to carry upon her little tummy... " he stroked her belly with some concern. " If I may bid, wouldn't it had been safer to leave her at your home, traveler? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I didn't want to leave her alone," Svarik explained. "I got her not long ago, and she did not have time yet to get used to the surroundings and people there, only to the two of us. I feared leaving her would cause her more stress than taking her with us..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I understand. It is very compassionate of you. " Forest God stroked his beard thoughtfully. He seemed to have been weighting out something, before he spoke up again. " Getting younglings, it's a risky, although beautiful thing. I wouldn't want her to lose hers.... She should be a little mom once more. You have given me your song because you wanted to. " he stated seriously and solemnly, as if it was something he will remember, nodding with some respect. " I want to give little something to your tiny fox in return. I have little, but you are my guests, and little I can still do, I can do for you. Could I? " he bid, apparently, decisive to stay polite and good host in eyes of his guests, and inclined to return given with acts, not words, he asked for permission first.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"If it would help her, I would be grateful," Svarik replied with a nod.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Demon nodded, seeming pleased. He with whistle told Xia to stay aside, so he could focus on little Yiska. He slowly laid her more on her back so her belly could be revealed fully, and closed his eyes, as if focusing, murmuring something much like a prayer. Then, he leaned forth, and gently kissed belly of the little tiny critter. Yiska moaned quietly, and shiver run through her body, but it seemed that whatever God did, it felt good to her and was pleasant. Almost immediately, while demon was still raising his head, she fell into a deep slumber.

God seemed pleased, and gently, he offered king to take sleeping Yiska back into his hold.
" There. I have given your tiny fox my blessing. It will take a little bit to set in, so you should let her sleep, kind traveler. " he said - he seemed to have grown somewhat weary with the act, but his face was brighter. " Now stirring won't make her get sick, and it won't affect development of the younglings. I will also give you one special blessed fruit as you leave. Feed it to her when she wakes up - and if something hits upon her or if she would fall in such way that it would hurt fruit of her belly, my blessing shall ensure that she recovers instead and heals tenfolds faster than you humans can heal. It is limit of my power, alas, and it can work only one time, so treat my prayer only as backup plan, not with certainty... I can do little nowadays, but little I could, I have done. " he said, and fondly he kissed the sleeping fluff again, before giving it back to the king with hands still trembling.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you very much," Svarik said sincerely. "It is greatly appreciated."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Creature snickered innocently, like a child, but like a God he was once worshiped as, he seemed very pleased with a praise.

Only once fennec fox was carefully put inside Svarik's bag, did he speak up again.
" You said before that you wished rather to speak that eat. " he said then, while fondling Xia that again innocently sat down in his lap. " What did you wish to speak about, guest? Is there something on your mind that should concern me? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"If you would agree, I would like to know more about you and your story. And if you would like to know more about us, we would gladly answer too..." Svarik said.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Creature was silent for a moment, as if weighting out their request carefully.

" I do not like to speak of myself. It's a tale unfortunate, and a needless strain to the ears, both yours and mine. " he caressed Xia's hair gently as he spoke. " But I suppose Emil already had told you enough to strain your ears pitifully... So I shan't chain your curiosity now. Curiosity, it's such a wonderful thing. It is not right to forbid to sate it. " he smiled a little sadly. " For each question you ask, though, I shall have the right to ask you a question back in return, for I am curious of you as well. I bid you to try to remain polite, so I reserve right to not reply on everything if it's too much to speak about. I would also be glad for more specific questions - for broad ones, I have to admit, in my state it's harder for me to keep attention upon them. More smaller questions would suite me better than one big one, kind quest. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I agree," Svarik nodded. "And you can call me Svarik. How would you like us your call you?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Kind Svarik, my name has a little silly sound when translated to human tongue... But it's Cernunnos Anargul. First part of name bears meaning of the horns, that are essential to my form, for they are in fact, remnants of branches - for before I grew up enough to develop and refine human form, I was a tree for a long time. And the tree that I was was a pomegranate one, so therefore I am named Anargul, which means pomegranate tree. It is clumsy name in human language... So if you wish, you can just call me Cern. " he smiled a little, and bowed his head, as he probably considered it an honored position, to allow someone to address him by a nickname even thought they just met.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Cernunnos has a very nice sound too," Svarik said. "If you don't mind, I would like to call you that. Emil already told me that there is something outside coming out after dark, born from hate of your enemies. May I ask who they were, and what is that thing that hunts you still?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
God's look grew thoughtful. He was silent for a moment, caressing Xia gently while he searched for words.
" I have many enemies. Both among Spirit and Demon kin. " Cernunnos for the first time mentioned distinction of the two, as king carried smell of Spirits and was in company of demons, guessing he is familiar with it. " There were five of them... Two Spirits, and three Demons, that attacked my cities and my self. Spirits passed away normally further, and if they are vengeful still, I know not, for they never returned... But demons were more peculiar. They passed through the fabric, of course, but their hatred of me stayed lingering upon this world. " God shook his head sadly, evading guest's looks. " Since then, each night when I am weaker and they stronger, those shadows return, and hunt for me, killing everything in their path. Only here I am safe... Emil did tell you pretty good summation, you see. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik nodded slightly. "It did sound like it's the hatred of demons from Emily's words, but I wasn't sure. Did the spirits and demons join together to go against you? That must have been quite a hate they had for you if it made them put aside their differences... Why did they hate you so much?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's.... complicated. But I will try to reply you truthfully. " creature looked down, evading their look. It was quiet for a moment, before he spoke up again, its look still locked upon the floor. " It is not my question, but are you familiar with the war between demons and spirits? " he bid, and when Erdel confirmed, he continued slowly, words seeming to come hard to him. " At time it started, my home was in what you may now know as the Spirit realm. Before war, we all shared that land equally among ourselves, demons and spirits alike. I had patch of land there... A forest with nice lovely trees I looked after. I was happy there. When war started, I did not wish to fight, and neither did I wish to go... Spirits wanted to chase me away and kill me, and Demons wanted me to join their ranks and lead them, because I was a creature of great power. " he shook his head. " Many Spirits came to my home to kill me... And I killed them. Many Demons came to my home to force me to join their ranks and take me away... And I killed them. I gained enemies and great hate on both side because of wanting to stay neutral. In the end, it was futile, though. I was just one, and they were many, my dear guests, you see. " Forest kind spoke so sadly and pitifully, seeming to remember it all with longing and pain - and he raised hand to his face, as if to dry a falling tear.
" Spirits burned down my forest in the end, and I was forced to flee. For long, I was running, and then, I found this place... And I was happy here, until they found me. It was still war, as ever - but those five found each other and joined forces, I believe, dear guests, because in that moment, they wished to kill me more than they wanted to kill each other. I do not deny I probably killed or ate someone whom they held dear while protecting my home and my self. I never wished to spill blood... But all of us have something that it's hard to let go of. For me at that time, it was my home, you see, kind Svarik. Lot of the burned trees had been grown for thousand years by my hands, and some were my children too. I did what I could to protect them until they perished under Spirits' fires... " he smiled sadly as a little hot tear still rolled down his cheek. " And I regret not protecting them until last one perished, kind traveler. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm really sorry for your trees, Cernunnos..." Svarik sighed. "I won't ask you anymore, now Emil's story already makes sense to me. But I have to apologize, I was so immersed in it I forgot to let you ask a question for a question... Now you can ask me, if you wish."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Do not worry, kind Svarik. I was counting how many questions I gained so far, and I have two. I am not that literate, but you do not have to be a great teacher of man to know basic counting. " Creature smiled a little sadly. " I'd like to ask more than two questions, though, so I hope you would ask more. Now, my first question... You are rather peculiar guest to me, kind Svarik. You reek of Spirit kind, but are in pleasant companionship with two Demons. To tell the truth, I feared a little that it is so because you were send by my enemies that again joined forces to punish me with some ruse - but you seem too kind and honest to me for such low tricks as to braking tradition of hospitality and doing ill to your host. " he commented sadly and tensely. " My question is - How can it be you are not my enemy, yet have such keen sense of both Spirit and Demon kin? Has perhaps... The Great War ended while I was locked away here? " he asked with trembling voice, and Svarik could feel great longing and desire in the voice of creature than never wanted to fight - and couldn't help but hope with Svarik's existence that it meant that maybe something in the world he knew as so violent changed for the better.

( OOC: Merry Christmas, dear! I hope you're having a great day! <333

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik thought about how to best reply that question. "No, it did not really end yet," Svarik said. "But it may be that times are slowly beginning to change. I have been in contact with both demons and spirits because I befriended one that was both, locked in the body of a human. He did not know who he is himself then. But then it turned out that he is actually the spirit of Life himself, under a curse that almost turned him into a demon. We managed to lift the curse, but it took a form of its own and became a demon. He brought Xia into being, and also helped Erdel became a full demon... Death for the sake of his friend Riversong agreed to let him be healed and reborn as a demon again, not a spirit. Death also abdicated to his position as a king of spirits for that, leaving the position to Solstice, who has been reborn and will grow up under the care of my friends. It may be not the end of the war yet, but it might be it's beginning. I do hope it will be..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
It was all new to demon, and much different from what he expected, much more strange. He took a while to think about what he heard, trying to absorb new knowledge properly before saying anything on it.

" I didn't know Riversong was cursed. He used to be pretty nice, for a Spirit. He used to visit me, sometimes. Help me take care of my trees when they are ill, give me advises... But when the war came, he took Death's side and didn't want to help me... Nobody deserves to be torn in two, though. I am glad to hear that he lived. " he whispered quietly. He was quiet for a moment longer, before he slowly continued with parched throat and eyes full of grief and silent melancholy. " Death is my enemy, though. He is the one that banished us all in the first place. I killed lot of his Spirits. If he knew I lived, he most certainly would not be happy about it. I don't know what he would do... To me, to my priests, to my little Emil... " he gulped, looking at Svarik with sadness and tenseness, as he asked his second question. " I would like to hear from you... Do you plan to tell Death I am still in existence, my guest? " he bid him, thought, whatever he replied, it did not seem he really felt secure enough in Svarik to believe him blindly, not having much trust in strangers and outside world.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Not if I see that telling him would cause you or those you care for harm," Svarik said. "I have a friend who took as his goal to end this war between spirits and demons. I will talk with him first, and see if there is something that we could do about those echoes of hate that haunt the land after dark. Riversong is weak now, and can't even take a human form yet, but when he is better, I would rather tell him than Death..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Demon tilted his head lightly, seeming to be intrigued with king's understanding  words, not quite believing him still, but finding it peculiar and interesting how kind he was to him.
" I have lost everything. First, my forest... And then, every person I loved in my beloved two cities. It had all been my fault that it happened, and I am tired. Nobody wishes to perish, and more than anything I wanted to live.... But solitude has poisoned me against joys of living, kind Svarik. " he shook his head bitterly. " If you wish to seek my demise, dear guest, I will accept it with dignity. It is easier to die than live a lonely life. " creature whispered sadly and tamely, after such long time, seeming resigned to the fact that whatever attacked him now would defeat him in his frail state, resigned to the fact world wanted it gone. " If you tell on me to any Spirit or Demon of power and desire to destroy me, I have one thing to ask from you  - in the name of the good will, dear guest. By fighting wraights, I prevent them from growing even stronger and more violent. If I would die now, I fear they may not vanish, just continue to hunt further and deeper into the land, following the steams of water as far as it reaches. It would make me restless in my death. I ask from thee a big favor, alas, for I believe you may care for this land enough to do as I bid - do not seek to bring death to me, kind traveler, if you can not find a way to erase shadows from these waters first. If you can do that, and if you can promise me my demise won't end lives of my worshipers... Then I could perish... Happy. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I promise you I don't want to seek your demise," Svarik said. "I did not tell you before because it didn't seem important, but not long ago I became a king of this land. It is my duty to protect it, and if there is danger in its waters, I need to see if there is something I can do with it. I do not see you as a danger to it, though. You are a protector as well. I do not wish to harm you."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Forest God was surprised at such mention. He slowly leaned forth, looking Svarik in the eyes intently with his bright emerald ones. He watched him so intently that even Xia grew a little restless.
" You are.... different, from the Spirits. You do not wish to banish me from my home for who I am. That is new to me, kind traveler.... " he said sadly in the end. " What are your plans with me should you succeed, then, though, king of land? " he asked quietly. " If you somehow manage to erase what I could not for thousands of years... What, then? Am I free in your eyes, or am I someone to be judged by human or Spirit laws, kind guest?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I can only judge by human laws, not spirit ones. And from what I know, all you did was in defending yourself and your people, so you did not break the laws... I have no reason to judge you as long as you just care for your own and don't harm anyone else," Svarik said.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Cernunnos slowly smiled a little, and leaned back into his chair.
" Future is hard to tell. I do not know what will it bring - my untimely death by your words, a renewed life in distance future, or nothing, kind little king... I just wished to know your intentions. Intentions tell a lot of someone's heart.  " he said then, and his little smile grew soft and gentle again, as it seemed Svarik's reply got him to grew more liking to king. " What will come, will come. Maybe in the past I would have been weak to resist temptation, but you don't have reason to fear me - I shan't give you reason to judge me. You are my guests, and I won't bring you any harm in respect of old customs and your life. I apologize, for I asked a question too much, though. " he smiled a little. " Now it's your turn to ask me a question, kind child of man... "
1 ... 3456789 ... 100