Svarik and the company I :)

1 ... 6789101112 ... 100

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you," Svarik smiled a little. "From what I know though, the Bull gave him all his power, not just a bit. I think that's why he wasn't able to give him any guidance afterwards. I suspect it was needed for some reason, otherwise he would not do that... But I really don't know much more than that."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Giving someone all powers you hold... It's a big gift. If he survived handing over all his might, it would be twice more reasons to follow Sanir and advise him... But neither of us clearly understand the tale, I see. I don't know everything, and so I will not judge anyone. " creature just shook its head tamely and tolerantly. " You don't know much of old history, but you certainly know much of history during your lifetime, do you not? May you tell me, if it's alright to ask, how did you gain as many Spirit friends as you mention? It is a bit peculiar to me... Most Spirits in my time didn't really like first layer, that is why I chose it as place to build my home after I was chased away from Spirit realm, but could it be old preferences and customs changed? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Well... they are quite rare still. I wonder myself I got to know so many. Let's see... Morning Dew was the first I met. Hm... No, not really. The first was Star Boy. He came to me when I was still a child and used to play with me in the form of a fox. I just didn't know who he was until much later. Same with Morning Dew and Riversong, actually. I met Morning Dew in the form of a human child, adopted by my friend and Semai, because she liked him and wanted to be close to him. Riversong I met when he was still in human form, and he didn't even know himself that he was a spirit. Then came the others before or during the winter solstice, to help us with cleansing the Heart of Lowlands: Solstice with his sun spirits and then Death..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Old demon trembled at the mention of Death most of all, in manner one do before a terrible wrathful deity that could smite you with one cold gaze and fingertip- but he did not try to bash on his friend, as if that would be rude, and being rude was unthinkable for him.
" I see... It's... nice that you have so many friends, little one... " he cleared his throat hoarsely, trying to remain composed, though the air around him grew a little chiller again. " I do not know any of them but Death - but I have heard the very best about Solstice from everyone I met, and as a plant, you can imagine why I may favor the giver of all light to this world. He is almost okay person, for a Spirit, that's best compliment I can give. " he smiled faintly through tenseness, as if trying to tell a joke, which was probable funnier to his own kin. " And you say... Cleaning Heart of Lowlands, as in, clearing the Holy Tree that gives this land life? And humans call it *Low lands* now? That's... fairly original... But I did thought, that I felt something was quite wrong with my land in last dozen centuries, or so I feel. Would you mind to tell me, kind little king, how did you came to be involved in all this you speak me of, other than because of your blood line? What was your role in this tale of the new world? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"It's... quite complicated..." Svarik sighed, not really in the mood to explain or remember all that happened. "The place that you call Holy Tree was... terrible... I was imprisoned there... twice even. I was hurt then, and through my blood of the emperors, it bound itself to me. There was an army of demons waiting in the fifth layer, who wanted to use it as a portal during the solstice... and me as a key to that portal. May I ask you something now, Cernunnos? That was my first experience with demons... and they were so much different from you, or from Xia and the demon who created her... I first thought all demons were like that... Is that what happens when demons are born and raised in fear? There was so much violence and evil..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Cernunnos seemed to only then understand that little bit of info that was missing from the picture before, and his eyes saddened and filled with shame, as he seemed to empathize with king and comprehend his situation better now. Slowly, as if in sign of apology and sadness he bore for being what he was, he lowered his head before Svarik and touched the table with hiss horns.

" I am glad I had given you my fruit... For I am happy to have chance to do at least something good for you, to make up for what my kind has done to you, and show you we are not as bad as your eyes may have seen us. But please, do not think ill of my people. " he apologized to him sadly. " You can not begin to comprehend how deeply are we all connected to each other. We experience world through our own, but also feelings of those around us. When others of our kinds are hurt and in pain, we feel it as if it would be our own. And you can not begin to comprehend how much more agonizing pain becomes, when everyone around you is suffering, panicking, starving, or feeling lost and lonely.... Fifth layer, you said? It is a barren dangerous place with little food or shelter, it's no place for adults, least to say, for any younglings. I am not pleased, no... I am not... But, I beg of you, forgive them for whatever they had done to you, and do not let you fear put such labels as evil upon us. Spirits always call us evil and twisted just for existing, and that's enraging. Of course being raised in suffering will poison our Younglings and adults alike. But not because we are demons, but because we are people who have feelings, just like you. Anyone would be driven to madness, if they had been forced to walk by our steps.  "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Can it be reversed somehow?" Svarik asked. "The fifth layer seems like a terrible place... but if the demons in it would get into the first layer, they would bring pain and destruction to it. Now I see that not all demons are like that, and I wonder if the others can be cured and how it would be possible..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I do not have clear answer on your question, little king. " Cernunnos shoo his head, though. " I don't think I am the one that should have right to talk of it - for, however sensible I consider myself, each day is a gamble of sanity for me. More often than not, I too am overwhelmed by what I feel. It's hard to find joys in life, when you are imprisoned in what used to be your home, and when all you loved has perished. Even harder when you have been disfigured and have pains unsoothable. " he looked down anew. " But be brave and listen carefully, little kind child of man - I can tell you as much, from my experience, that there is no chance for situation to grew better, if nothing changes. I told you before - positive emotions make us thrive, while negative make us ill. Think of it as any illness. " he explained him gently. " I do not know if I will ever recover to be even shadow of who I once was.. But sunlight has not lingered upon me for thousands of years, and I grieve for it, little one. My feet had not touched the soil of the earth for as long. My scorched face had not felt rain upon itself for just as much. I do not know if I will ever feel better, but I know that as long as I am held here, little good will come to me of it. Same is with any other demon that suffers... As long as they remain is state pitiful that causes them pain, you can hardly expect joy to overwhelm them... And without any positive feeling to drive them and nurture them, they won't even have chance to grow or change. Nothing will change if their life stays the same. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm sorry for your pain," Svarik said sincerely. "And you are right, something needs to change... I do not know how, but maybe we will figure out something with time."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It is out of my grasp as well... But I am grateful that my words have reached you. You are awfully sweet and caring, for a human child. I am pleased little Xia will have someone like you to help her in those first forming years of her growth. Maybe you don't know yet how to befriend already agitated demons - but if you could at least prove to the world through her example that they can grow good if you treat them good, then maybe there is at least hope for making peace, one day. " old demon replied, his tone as gentle as it ever was, thought he was blushing a little shyly under king's gentle previous statement. He whistled something to Xia, and on it, little fox child turned her head to king, and took his hand with her gentle tiny paw and pressed it two times, as if to tell him she supports him and cares for him.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik smiled at her and caressed her on the head. "Could you please tell her now that she can ask me what she would like to know? I fear this journey might be confusing to her..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" However eloquent, she is still young and complex concepts she yet needs time to develop; when we speak, we speak through baring our feelings to each other, and inquiring the other's worries and thoughts through the bond all of us demons share. There are no words as you know them, that's why our language is untranslatable, like buzzing of a bee. But I will try to inquire what you ask of me best. " Cernunnos promised, and he conversed with Xia again, gently inquiring her about her feelings.
" She is indeed, confused, as you say. " Forest God confirmed after a moment." She was just getting used to living at your home. There is a garden there which she quite likes... There seems to be a kind of fairies upon your garden, that she quite enjoyed watching, too, and some kind people she misses. She wonders why you left so suddenly, where do you go, and are you running away, or will you get back there again... " demon smiled at it, as, apparently, he found Xia's worries about not getting back to king's capital both adorably naive and a little sad.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik embraced her reassuringly. "Please tell her that we will return in a few days. We are just taking a short vacation to see the land and some interesting places, and have some time away from my duties. I wanted to use it to teach her more words from human speech, so we can better understand each other. That's why I'm really glad that we found you..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" A-Alright then. I will tell that to her. But I will do so only today and tomorrow. " creature stuttered, looking quite adorable in its timidness - it was rather charming to observe how confused itself it felt when suddenly provided a chance to be so useful when it loved to help so much. He spoke with Xia gently in their manner for a moment, to reassure her.
Little fox seemed very glad to understand king wanted to put aside time just for her, to teach her things. She probably thought they were in some hurry, and so she didn't ask before, but now that she knew it was trip for the same of trip and not some end goal, she started to squeal with delight, and excitedly make a square shape, ones she connected with their visits to library, desiring to be taught more so she could converse with Svarik equally as soon as she can.
" She said she wants you to read her... books? Did you actually carry books with you, kind traveler? " ancient creature seemed to suddenly grow as delighted as her in that moment, clapping his hands with childlike excitement. " I have read all the books in the fortress for thousands times... Please, if you have carried some, I would be overjoyed to see some new books! "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, we took books, and will read them together with her," Svarik nodded. "They are mostly picture books for children, but if you would like to borrow them, we can get them... either today so you can read during the night, if that is possible to you, or we can stop here on our way back and leave them to you until the time we get back with your book and the parchment. We can make a book exchange... Only one book I would not want to leave behind because it belongs to my friend and it's precious to him. I could bring it to you now though, if you can promise me it won't get damaged here..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Cernunnos was touched by the suggestion - in fleeting moment of embarrassment, it was obvious he was just preparing to plead to see if he can borrow or do something to trade for them with king, and  getting that offer so readily beforehand was a pleasant unexpected surprise. He smiled timidly and charmingly with it.
" I fear, nothing is quite safe with me after dark. My nights are maddening. My negative meotions and pain is strong enough to sip freely into material world, and it's not quite pleasant. " he admitted honestly. " So neither can you stay after dark, neither do I wish to risk precious book or your friend. But tomorrow, when first rays of sunlight warm the earth - please, bring me the books, sweet child. I very much long to read.. but alas. I have very little time of sanity yet left in me today. Shadows already lean heavily upon me. I will read tomorrow. I wouldn't want to take all books from sweetest little Xia, of course... But please, do leave couple to me. Illustrated manuscripts are quite rare, I'd like to enjoy in some to shorten my long days... And when you come back to return book about demon younglings to me, I too will return your books to you, if you agree. I would like that... "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I think you should ask Xia as well... Tell her we will pick the books to leave to you together. We can leave you one or two now, but we will stop by on the way back and leave you the rest until we return. Would that suit you?" Svarik asked.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" So you wish to... Return again in few days already? " only then, did demon seem to get that bit of suggestion - he probably believed that when king said *on the way back*, he didn't mean on end of this journey, but on time when he is to return the book about demons, which by his estimation could be in year, in ten years, in twenty, or maybe never, depending on king's character. But at the thought of being visited again in just few more days, however shortly, seemed to raise his hope up as much as thought of reading new books again. " I will ask Xia.. " he murmured shyly.

When he did so, little fox was indecisive, but only for a moment - she was attached to her books, her only way until now to learn to communicate, but just as much, she wished to make their old kind host happy, feeling his loneliness. She glanced at toys Cernunnos had gifted her so freely, and she grinned a little then, and replied to him kindly. Old creature smiled softly upon it.

" She says it's okay... She does not mind coming back here on the way back to borrow me her books, as long as you don't mind it, kind Svarik... "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Good," Svarik smiled and caressed Xia. "But the time is getting late already. How about we stop the questions now, and I use the rest of it to play you a nice song, to help you better overcome the night?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Creature tilted his head curiously at the offer.
" I am sorry I could not help you much with teaching language to your little Xia today... But I will make up for it tomorrow. For me to do it, though, you have to live until tomorrow, which means, you have to leave before sundown. " Cernunnos replied more practically, valuing lives of his guests more than his own comfort. " I am sensitive to light, even when I am not outside. We have about 45 human minutes left of it, child. If your song can fit limit of 30 at very most, I will accept it with welcome... But not if it lasts more. Better it is safe than sorry, dear little king, and I wish you to leave on time, not in last moment. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"30 minutes then," Svarik nodded. He started playing the flute then, in a gentle song to calm and soothe pain.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Demon leaned heavily on the table, listening intently. It was apparent night was getting closer, too, as he seemed more weary as well, more often than not, rubbing his wrists absently - upon which, judging by sound of clinging seemed to be chains Emil warned them about, apparently invisible to the eye, but ever present to restrict the creature. The song was a nice distraction amid his worry and anticipation of the long night, though, and he let it reach him, as he was in lot of pain and the beautiful tones king was weaving were soothing.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik reached deep into his power, weaving the song together with the echoes of the fortress, so that it would linger there long after their departure and soothe the demon in his pain and imprisonment. He finished it only when he was running out of the agreed time.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Creature sighed contentedly as it ended, being played to and payed attention to like this being very rare and pleasant experience for him. As he had his eyes closed during it before, now he had opened them, glancing at king shyly and gratefully.
" I am very much obliged... " he just whispered timidly then. " Now, let's see to it that you are escorted safely.." he said, and stood up slowly to take leave of them.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik also stood up, and gave Sunshine and sleeping Yiska to Erdel so that he could take Xia and the book.
1 ... 6789101112 ... 100