Svarik and the company I :)

1 ... 45678910 ... 100

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"You said more times that you are pleased to see such a young demon like Xia healthy," Svarik said thoughtfully. "Why shouldn't she be?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Us demons are very sensitive and soft creature. Specially as we grow, we can upset easily, and more upset and in pain we are, more unhealthy and ill we grow. Positive emotions make us thrive, and negative ones poison our souls. " Ancient demon replied readily, as his attention got back to little Xia, caressing her again gently, marveling a little as she started to purr in his gentle  arms. " Demons grow through emotional experiences. Feelings are what makes us bloom. For demon to grow up to maturity healthy, it has to has very happy and safe life,and experience lot of gentleness.  Even before, it was hard to groom demons so happy without difficulty... And ever since war started, I have never encountered a healthy youngling. We are all homeless, unsafe, helpless before prosecution of both Spirits and natives of whatever place we try to make our home, kind traveler... " his look grew little thoughtful, as he added sadly. "While young demons still are fruits of the wombs or buds of the trees, they are fed with pain, vulnerability and agitation of their prosecuted parents, and are born already disfigured from their hate, pain and suffering. After they are born, they are born in exile and poverty, and little happiness comes their way, so there's little space for them to grow... Yes, it is extremely rare for me to see a demon young, yet well. Your little Xia is precious. One of the few I've seen that may have a chance to grow up as healthy as she was Brought into existence. Please, protect her well from cruelty of this world, kind young king. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I did not know that," Svarik said quietly, thinking about the incident with bears with even more guilt now. "I did not even know she was a full demon that can grow up to take a human form. I first considered her a magical animal... The demon that was split from Riversong created her in the first moments of his separate existence, as a gift in exchange for a flute. I saw she was very intelligent when I got to know her, but I had no idea she was so much more... Now I see I have another adoptive child..." he smiled, and leaned to caress Xia.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I see... If you grew around Spirits and only few days ago got to know Demons, it's understandable. Few humans really know much of us. We are often betrayed, so we tend to be wary about what humans we entrust with our knowledge and weaknesses. You don't want your enemies to know they can affect you so deeply just by upsetting you. " Forest King explained reluctantly, thought he seemed encouraged by king's gentleness to little creature. " All Demons have in them ability to grow... Some just take so longer by both Spirit and human counting, that they can as well be considered demonic animals or plants instead of Demons. I myself was very powerful, but because my mother was a peaceful pomegranate tree and her blood was strong in me, I took around 10 000 years, before I grew through enough joy of life from the soil to become a deer. Then, another 1000 years passed, till I matured fully and became as you see me now. But your Xia is already created in animal form to begin with... I believe she will take shorter to grow up. If she has happy childhood, maybe even but couple of centuries, if you're in luck. " demon replied softly. " If you raise her well, she could grow quite powerful, too, though what kind of power will mature within her, I can not say yet. She is too young for me to guess her limits clearly, and I mostly tended to younglings that were plants, not animals. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"That's good to know," Svarik said. "Could you please tell me what else you know about raising demon younglings? I fear I don't know much..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It will be my pleasure. It may help you too, kind guest, to get more in tune with yourself. " he told Erdel, who blushed a little. " I would be happy to help. " he added, and, indeed, he seemed to be delighted beyond words - he seemed to be of soft nature that enjoyed to nurture, and it has been long since he was able to properly nurture anything. He did not speak up about it - he stood up instead.
" I may know how to help you best to learn how to look after your little one, without losing needless words. Follow me, kind guests, and do not touch anything. " he said, and he waved to them toward the door, and started walking toward them. Little Xia transformed into a winged fox form again, and let him lean on her as he walked, which seemed to delight the old kind creature just as much, and as they walked, he was whistling gently to her, complimenting her and saying kind things to her, which seemed to make Xia content and enthralled too.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik followed him together with Erdel, glad that Xia has someone who can speak with her again.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
The stairs were down the corner. They descended down them for a while, going below ground, what seemed to be quite a dept. In the end, they reached a big door, from what seemed to be some kind of archaic storage unit. Lot of magic was woven into it to conceal it, and it seemed it was spreading in many floor levels in many miles.
" I made it so I can not enter on my own, but you have the key, your master. " Creature said. " Same one you used to enter my dwelling. If you would be so kind, use it on the lock on this door so we can go inside. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"You can't enter on your own?" Svarik asked, a bit puzzled by that. He unlocked the door with the key and opened it so that the demon could enter.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Sometimes, specially at night, I.. Lose my composure, kind guest. Pain and ache can be quite maddening to my kin. This is my precious  Vault, with valuables I gathered while I was free and also with many gifts from my past - I told my priests to lock it so that I may not destroy anything in fits of madness. " creature just explained quietly.
" Nowdays, they do not give me the key at all, alas, so I can't enter it without their assistance. Do not touch anything, please, kind guests... The place is full of traps to protect my treasures. " he said, and indeed, even him walked dark corridors, filled with many things, in silence. Only light coming to them was one from Forest King himself - for his emerald fur and hair started to glow with soft emerald luminescence, that seemed to ward of whatever dangers were woven in walls and things within his Vault. And there were so many - from pots, clothes and old books, to tiny figurines of ponies or toys from clay.... Old demon seemed to be quite a hoarder and enjoy in it, and he  seemed to keep lot of his own things, but also lot of offerings he was once given while he was worshiped as a God here, as he was passing around with some heartache and melancholy, in remembrance of times long gone.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik did not speak or touch anything, giving Cernunnos enough time to enjoy his collection that he could not enter without the key.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Creature indeed took a little time, seeming to forget itself a little in its longing and remembrance of past - often stopping by a little, to pass over some parchment with his fingers, or caress an old figurine of faded colors or beloved painting.

He in the end stopped before one tidy nice shelf, and from it, he, with as elegant and gentle moves as ever,  took one old and big, very thick book.
" I wrote this, in times we still had trade and could afford to buy many parchments, at times my cities were strong and famous in this world. " he whispered, caressing the pages longingly, as if memories it carried were great comfort to him. " All books on this wall are my writings... I knew I was always in danger, so I wanted to write down all my most important knowledge, should it be needed one day. This book hold all my experience on taking care of the Demon younglings and how we develop and grow. In world that wants to exterminate all demons, I felt it's important to protect and safe bit of our heritage and who we were... Language is archaic version of this human one we speak in, so if I teach you how to read this old script, you will learn from this book all knowledge I can pass upon you. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"That's all I could hope for," Svarik bowed his head slightly. "Thank you."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Creature hesitated a little, observing the book with some reluctance.
" It is... Very dear thing to me, though. And it's not something that can be read and memorized within a day. "  he admitted, with apparent difficulty of parting with it. "We are cut from civilization here, and to traders that manage to pass around every few centuries, we have little left to sell or trade with. I do not have any more parchment left that I can write in, and I need to have this book, so I can make sure the knowledge within it stays safe with me, for someone in future whom I know not, like you. You look honest, though... So if you desire it, I can borrow it for you. We can make a deal. " slowly and hesitantly, he extended his hand to meadow king. " I can borrow this book to you, so you can learn how to take care of little Xia. If you promise me to come back and return it  to me after you read it, sometimes during length of your lifetime, kind traveler. If you promise me that, then I will take a leap of faith and trust you to act honestly... " besides protectiveness of his belonging, king could also for a moment glance at something deeper - a terrible, haunting loneliness that has captured heart of ancient creature, and a deep longing and hope that maybe, maybe with a deal and a plea someone who comes to him will return again, to pay him a visit.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I will gladly return to bring it back once I read it," Svarik said. "Is it alright if I make a copy of it? I can also bring you more parchment if you want..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Demons' hand trembled, and shining distantly in its troubled clouded eyes, Svarik could see a little glimmer of hopefulness.
" You would really do something like that for me? From your own free will? " he seemed touched with suggestion, and he teared up a little. " It's been very long since I had means to write... It would be nice, to have new parchments and ink again, if you feel inclined to gift them to me... " he admitted longingly. " You can make as many copies of the book as you like, kind traveler. " he proclaimed readily, seeming pleased his material was appreciated. " As long as you promise to make sure to do all you can to keep it away from hands of Spirits that could use knowledge gathered in it to harm us, you can make copies for your use or use of your little child Xia and kind friend Erdel. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you, I will make sure to keep it away from spirits that might want you ill. But would you mind if I will tell them that demons can be born and grow up without any corruption, if they are not hunted by spirits? I think many do not know that, and understand the causes and consequences of this war between your people quite wrong... Maybe it could help them understand, and help with ending it..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Forest king pondered about it, trying his best to wrap his mind around it.

" I feel great weight upon you. You are clearly dealing with matters I can not understand. It's been long since I interacted with the outer world, and I do not know what problems you have now. My isolation limits me. I can not force my limits upon you who know situation better, then. " he concluded in the end quietly. " Little keeps me alive nowdays - even without knowing my weaknesses, a powerful Spirit could blow me away like a leaf. I am corrupted, young traveler... I am a pathetic, defiled creature, whose glory days are long gone. It is not me, but my kind that I worry about. " ancient creature smiled fondly. " I will give you this knowledge. All I expect from you is to always think and measure twice, before deciding to share it. I long for the war to end. If my life could buy of its end, I would gladly die happy to achieve it. But I will not fight in it and dirty my hands. If my knowledge could contribute to war's ending, then I gladly will take upon me this risk... I just do not want to contribute to my kind perishing if I can help it. In this book, you hold our history, but also our weaknesses... Please, do not use it as means of war, only as means of enlightenment... That's all limits I wish to impose upon you..  " he said, and solemnly, he extended king the old book.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Before taking the book, Svarik extended his hand to the demon solemnly to seal the deal.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
God smiled a little as king remembered to do it. As Svarik's hands were much smaller than his, he only took his palm carefully in a handshake. It was apparent he got used to being gentle with frail human creatures, and his hand was soft and pleasant to the touch, smelling on fresh autumn air.
" I am much obliged.. " he whispered.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik pressed his hand three times, suspecting that the custom is the same for both spirits and demons.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Creature tilted head both little curiously little sadly at the man - king's knowledge of the custom intriguing him, but also reminding him on just how much biased Svarik probably was against him, having most certainly learned of this custom as well but from Spirits. He nodded lightly in acknowledgement and acceptance, before he delicately let go, gently brushing king's hand with his fingertips as if it was soft grass, as he ended the handshake almost with a caress, pleasant but short.

" One is oath of  human and human. Two is oath of human and demon. Three is oath of human and spirit. Two is our sacred number, not three... But it's okay, kind guest. It's the thought that counts. " Cernunnos suddenly said, as he made a little step back from king shyly, on safer distance - being this close and touching him being quite an intimate experience for touch deprived Forest God. " I am still to give the fruit that I promised for your tiny bearing fox.. Come with me, do please. " he gently changed the subject then, and supported by Xia, he waved toward other direction to them, so they would follow him anew.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator

"I'm sorry, I didn't make a deal with a demon before," Svarik apologized. "I'll remember next time, I hope..." He then took the book and followed the demon.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" You do not need to feel bad about it. " creature said with light bemusement, thought king's regards did seem to make him feel calmer and reassured about his sincerity. " Demons rarely make deals with humans nowadays, anyway. Very few even live among you anymore, by what trees tell me. Mostly but lower ones stayed. It's no wonder you do not know... Two is our sacred number, though, not three. I am not offended, but some of my kin may anger more lightly. You should remember it for the future, kind traveler. If you handshake with demons as you would with spirits whom we despite so - more often than not, you'll hurt somebody's feelings. We do not like to be mistaken for Spirits. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you for being so tolerant to my mistake," Svarik smiled. "I will certainly remember now."
1 ... 45678910 ... 100