Death and Tide

1 ... 60616263646566 ... 69

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh, good morning." Tide's face lit up - it seems he was a lit relieved to sea Death awake, as despite he followed his temperature, after everything, he became a little anxious on the field of waking up. He lowered the half decorated cookie, to turn to look at him." How are you doing? I didn't wake you up, did I? I tried to be quiet..."

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death shook his head. "No, you didn't. I feel a bit dazed. Is that usual after waking?"

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It can happen, especially when one is ill. It usually passes on its own, but we may seek to lessen it. Does your head hurt? I could help with that. Or are you thirsty? You may feel better after drinking something. I had Sage bring up extra milk too, I can spice it up with Cernunnos's honey for you if you'd like. " Demon suggested earnestly. " Just tell me if you'd like the milk hot or cold. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"It seems like all at once. My head hurts, I'm thirsty and hungry... Cold milk sounds nice..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Let's take care of the drinking first, and then I can deal with the headache while you eat. One cold milk on the way! It's all going to be better once you're less dehydrated, you'll see... " the creature replied readily and stood up. He spiced and prepared the milk to Death's liking, cooking it down, before helping him drink.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
For a multidimensional creature like Death, one jar was not enough, but after one more and some water he was feeling a bit better.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I made you cookies with all the ingredients we got. Well, technically, Malachite was baking, since I suck at it, but I did the decorating. " Demon pointed to the mountain of cookies he had ready. " Would you like to eat now? Or, if you'd allow me... " he suggested shyly. " I can help with your headache, before, during, after you eat, whenever's suitable. You know, with waterbending... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"One thing at a time," Death said. "I'll try eating first and see if the headache passes on its own."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Of course. Let me get you the first batch. " Demon agreed, and proud of his work, he brought the big bowl of most overdecorated special cookies, and shyly he helped Death straighted up, so he could eat. Xia followed what was going on, and when Death straightened, she took on a bigger form, with soft wings, so she could be support for the ill Spirit and make him comfortable as he ate the cookies, that Tide kept warm throughout the night.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death smiled at the various shapes and colorful icing of the cookies. "Thank you," he said quietly and started eating with an expression of someone who has been hungry for a long time.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide seemed a little saddened by that expression, but also grateful that it was not concealed, and glad he could help against it. He didn't speak.

Instead he let Death eat as much as he liked, filling in the basket of cookies whenever it would empty out, in meantime working to decorate the bare cookies that remained from last night, wanting all cookies to be decorated plentifully by the time Spirit is to eat them.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death ate all cookies but one. "That's much better," he smiled and offered the last cookie to Xia.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
After seeing Death eat the whole mountain of cookies, Xia didn't feel guilty taking that last one, fluffing up all the more because of the act of thoughtfulness. She licked his cheek and wagged her tail playfully, and she ate from his hand, nibbling slowly, so she could prolong the moment, and when she was done, she nestled around Death's hand with affection.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"What now?" Death asked. "Should we finish our journey? I've kept you away from home long enough..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well, we're not going anywhere with that attitude. " the demon teased him a little with a little faint smile. " It's nobody's fault we took a little more time - we just took some more time because we wanted to. It was just a decision and a good one at that. I am happy you rested up... Now, how are you feeling now, for real? Did the balm help you sleep? " he inquired, as he was without a mask, his blue, soft eyes, watching Death intently, to not miss anything. " No pretences, okay? We will go when you are ready. Would you like me to apply the layer of balm? Or... Would you prefer a massage, like yesterday? " he asked shyly, as it was still unusual for him to get used to the idea he's being all casual with Death himself, but was determined not to be intimidated to offer anymore, so they can both grow more certain in their peculiar positions.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I think just the balm now," Death decided.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Alright. Okay, Xia, dear, just give me a little bit of space... " he told the fox gently and repeated it on their shared language and explained he'll just apply the balm, so he was sure she understood. The critter was docile and made him enough place, glad Death will be feeling better. Tide respected the decision and applied the generous layer of balm, but not rubbing it in any more than necessary, not to distress him. Then, he carefully helped him put on his shirt, as they took it off last night so they could do the massage. Tide seemed rather shy with that, as, while Death was being dressed up, he realized it smelled rather nice, like flowers and mint, as demon seemed to have taken the freedom to wash it and warm it for him while he slept.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you," Death murmued, encompassing it all in those word: the cookies, the balm, the shirt...

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" You don't need to thank me so often. That's just silly... It's not like I need constant thankfulness to not regret this. All I ask is you tell me what you like, so I can learn. " Tide giggled a little, but he did seem warmed up. With a bit of shy hesitation, he fixed one loose lock behind Death's ear, gently. " My only regret is that I didn't find time to braid your hair, really. You'd have looked so terribly cute with braids... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I just feel like I should say something and I don't know what else to say," Death murmured. "Akd for the first impression, I would say  it's better to keep it simple."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Okay, we can braid it some other time, then. But I am serious about thanks. You are going to need a little more help these days, isn't it going to feel bad to always be thanking everyone for smallest of kindnesses? I know I would feel like a burden if I had to thank people all the time. " Tide advised him." You don't have to change it if it's too much effort for you - but maybe you will feel better if you instead of help just say how you feel about the things? Like, the shirt smells nice, or the cookies are great, but too sugary, I would prefer them more sour next time..." He grinned innocently." Isn't it more fun to share opinions? I want to know you. Seeing you all humbled is no fun at all... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"It's a bit harder, I'd say," Death murmured. "The cookies were good. I prefer those that don't have a big area covered in icing. The smell of the shirt is refreshing. Lovely for a morning, but not for resting in it," he said after a moment if thought. "Is that alright? Doesn't it feel too unapreciative?"

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Why would everything have to be appreciative?" Tide tilted his head curiously." I don't ask you for a vow to never thank me." He grinned a little bemusedly." Isn't it better that now I know, and next time I can put less icing, and not put scent when I wash your shirt? I am not saying I want you to be rude, but being honest and sharing what you really like is hardly that, isn't it? Wouldn't you be glad too, if I were as honest? Don't you... understand how it is? Aren't you just..." He looked thoughtful." Tired of people thanking you all the time?"

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Well, it's a bit like welcome and goodbye. You stop noticing it after a while... but you notice when it's not there," Death said.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I see. I don't know... I don't seem it necessarily bad... But I think it's something that can grow into an unhealthy thing. Because I often help ill Beings, they tend to be thankful to me, and feel indebted to me, and just thank so much and always speak well of me... And I can't be real close friend with them, because of that wall. I just feel like we have a good thing going..." He smiled shyly." I wouldn't  like us to fall into that routine. You should criticize me, say what you dislike. I am not doing nice things for you for the hell of it. I do it... because I like you. You already healed me up many times on the road, and you healed my hand, and I adored how happy you were to do it. It made me like you even more. I am just treating you like you treated me..."
1 ... 60616263646566 ... 69