Death and Tide

1 ... 6263646566676869

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well, we have many guests, so it may get confusing. Wouldn't you prefer something more unique? So the house remembers you better. " Sage inquired, and wold tilted his head at him, too.

" The mansion has, like, thousands of protective spells woven into every corner. We do it so as to hide and mask presences of any Beings inside. " the wolf explained tamely. " But to really protect you, not just hide you, we have to manually insert you into the system of permanent residents. There are a lot of things and places guests can't enter unless invited. My room with souls is one of them. House may shift and lead you in circles if you're left to your devices. Hans, for example, put Senecio into permanent residence, that's why h should be getting by well in it by now. But to bypass permissions for you, we need to write the name you'll be addressed as inside. Guests and servants are kind of automatically excluded as a group. Though you are a multidimensional creature, so I don't know... " wolf grinned bemusedly. " it may be more fun for you to walk in circles for a while before finding some curve in the programming... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I see like a name like that can mess with the programming," Death smiled a little. "How about Mistlock then?"

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I've actually already added Nameless Mistlock into the system, plus his children. " Sage smiled a little apologetically, but with a little more pleasure. " I have actually met him briefly, three years ago. He's a fine lad, so I didn't have doubts upon it, on sir Falcon's request. He was too sick to come, but he wrote a letter hoping to come to see you as soon as he can, so just in case, I added him already, so if some emergency comes up around his arrival, the house will already recognize him, in a benevolent light. "

" We don't need to add you right away... You can think about it on the way there. It's all up the hill. " the wolf added comfortingly, trying to come up with an alternative. " It's best when there is no duplicate in the names if we can help it... What do you say about keeping Mistlock, but adding different first name I can call you while you're here? You liked the sound of Guest... What about Rest? Or Nest?" he asked curiously. " Your presence is restful, and your hug is soft, like a little nest full of light. Plus, we can easily adjust them to nicknames, like Resty, or Nessy... Much better, than calling you by last name, all formal and all that... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death seemed a bit intimidated by that. "I'm Nameless for a reason," he muttered. "I've never been able to identify with any name..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Hey, easy there, easy... No reason to be gloomy. I literally am so botched up from so many parts that even if I had a name, it would be as botched up. I left whatever it was to the sea a long time ago... But then people had to call me something, you know?  And one of the names they called me I happened to like, so I just went with it. You can just go with it. " Tide encouraged him. " Maybe I am babying you a little with the cute names, right? It's not your style. Come up with your own, and own it. I just know I am calling you no nameless guest, and aren't going to go around calling you by the last name. " wolf raised his head up to look at him, softly, playfully, wagging his tail with interest. " It's not a name for forever... Just  - think what would you enjoy me to address you while you're staying here? And we'll go with that. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Uhm... Snake?" Death asked. "Sorry, I'm really not good in this..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" No, no, you're getting better at it already. Snake is much better than bare Nameless or formal Mistlock. I am all in for any name I can make nickname of. " Tide wagged his massive soft tail and water splashed a little with his interest, as he seemed to grow rather curious of Death's opinion, as he didn't consider this before. " Just don't take it seriously, and let your mind wonder! It's an awesome thing, to choose your own name! You don't even have to be all solemn about it. You can just change names as you feel like. You can, for example, also choose it by what you strive to be. Let's see... You've always wanted to be free, right? What about Charles? It means *free man*. " Tide explained, all fluffing up, probably the first person ever in history, that sow Death, the ultimate law in the universe, healing force that permeates it, even became Semai with it - and though it name it Charles. " It belongs nicely in the human world, and most importantly, it can be nicknamed to Charley, and Charley sounds very sweet... It sort of has that crawly asetitic like a snake, but starts with that nice ch, like warm chestnuts... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Charlie sounds nice," Death said. "It doesn't sound like a name for me, but if you say it's just for a while, I think I could go by it. Or Stuart."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Stuart? I think I heard one of the meanings of the word is guardian, so it does fit nicely. But it also can be the last name... So how about Charley Stuart? It has a peculiar ring to it, and you're nothing if not peculiar... My sweet little guardian of freedom...  " Tide asked curiously. " So, what do you say, Charley Stuard? While you're here or until you figure out something you like more. "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Well... alright, I guess," Death said. "It doesn't sound bad..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" But.. not good?" Xia was the one that asked, looking worried when she realized what was the matter. " Xia... Has perfect name. Names... Important. "
" Indeed." Sage tried to appease the little creature, taking it up in his arms, as if she was a common human baby, rubbing her back as he turned to Death." As I said, you don't need to answer right away, only soon. You can just take upon yourself something simple that feels right. I got named Sage by the people, and I accepted it, as I loved the weight it meant. You may enjoy weight more, too. You can always pick something soft, like Galen, that means healer, or Iason, that means to heal. World is endless of possibilities... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm not sure if I can find something better than not bad..." Death said. "As I said, names just don't fit me in general. I'll try to think about it until we get there."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" We find the name! " Xia, that seemed as interested in it as Tide, although from different reasons, proclaimed. " A perfect name... "
"We sure will, little princess... " The man told her gently. " Come now, I've kept you waiting too long. Let me welcome you to our home," he said and pointed to the top of one hill, and massive mansion upon it. And with it, they began to walk toward it, a wolf carrying a cloaked weary figure, and a human casually carrying a tiny fox child in his arms. Tide must have missed his friend indeed, and he smalled talked as they walked, about how the last days have been, was it hard preparing the ball, how is everyone doing.

Sage filled them in how things were going - he explained how much they worked on the ball, and how all the more people worked on the play, humans and Beings alike. He told them how many Beings are expected to come by the premiere, and how many are already there, settling down in the mansion as they speak, excited to gather in such large number first time in forever, excited to dance and celebrate something for the first time, although there was no cause for celebration knows to them. He made sure to, although a little more quietly, tell them how hard Senecio and Llyr worked on the play, and how in the process of doing so in the last few days, they have actually grown quite close. " You won't believe this, but Llyr even adopted him, in the Being way," he explained to Tide. " Who would have though. They actually do get along surprisingly well... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death was a bit uncertain with the mention of how many Beings are staying in the same mansion, and still trying to think of names as they neared the shore.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia noticed how thoughtful he looked - despite the mask and cloak, spending so much time with him and observing him that she must have gotten quite sensitive about his needs, and recognized a lot of how he felt from his gestures and mannerisms.

As Tide and Sage were talking, she turned her head across Sage's shoulder, so she could look at him, and she was conspiratorially and bubbly whispering him suggestions, though they definitely all were of various purple flowers she seemed to enjoy, some having seen them in picture books, but most have learnt from Cernunnos, whose colours have reminded her on colour of Death's serene purple eyes.
" Violet, Lavender, Nightshade, Allium... " she was chipping in tirelessly, with the zeal of a child. " Catmint, Iris, Bellflower... hmm... maybe... Edelweiss? " she asked suddenly, as if remembering something, as the last one definitely wasn't violet. " Erdel promised... Bring Edelweiss. " she referred to how she recalled Erdel promise Death indeed, to bring him seeds of that flower he liked from the mountains, and she didn't know how it looks like, but remember the name.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death smiled a little. "Yes, he did. And those are all lovely flowers, but I am not a flower. I don't really know what I am. Not a flower... not a stone... not an animal... not an object..." He paused thoughtfully. "But maybe... maybe I could be a little snippet of time... a While..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia finally understood that, after all the convoluted complicated talk about meanings before, the expression of revelation passed across her face. She lit up, as she spread her tiny little paws at him, and proclaimed softly in demon language.
" Xia loves... you. You are... not While. You are... Worth While. " she proclaimed all proudly, as that was a concept she learnt recently, and that fit perfectly in her little young mind, with what she saw before her, her eyes sparkling, as the cloaked concealed sight most would find scary, she found adoring, as she knew what was beneath all that, and loved it.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death smiled at that. "That's a nice name... Thank you. But for others, I will just go by While. The full name is not for everyone to know..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Others... While. My Worth... " Little fox child repeated slowly savouring it, seeming glad her choice was understood and accepted, as to her, it must have really felt right. She liked being carried like a child, ever since Svarik first initiated carrying her so, and she stayed and let Sage carry her, but she blew Death a kiss with her tiny little paws, sending him her love.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death smiled, hidden behind the mask. With the name, he felt a bit more ready to face a new environment.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Sage let them, first up the hill, and then, striding along the streets, he let them to the big, beautiful mansion. Tide remained in the beast form, but without a mask of any kind, people would be too terrified of his eyes, and so he walked more slowly, with closed eyes. Sage was very helpful, though, and it was apparent why he anticipated his friend's arrival and came to greet him - for he wanted to support him, and he diverted everyone's attention to himself, chatting with passerbies pleasantly, explaining them wolf is take, and just his dear friend in another form, bringing them a dear new guest.

Even when they arrived at the mansion, he kept that role. The place was vast, and seemed bigger on the inside to the trained eye, every room better than the last in it's unique ways - and it was brimming with life. Mostly human ones, but indeed, just like Sage said, many Beings wondered around, and whenever they would see Tide and Sage, while some respectful jod, quite a bit were eager to hop by, greet them and give them a hug or sincere greeting.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
Death kept to himself, the big mansion with many Beings reminding him of Spirit court and the palace where he could never be himself after what happened with Grendel.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide had trouble noticing that right away, though - he was distracted by so many of his people, purring loudly, greeting everyone with love and affection, especially excited whenever someone would compliment little Xia and say how pretty and healthy she was, proud, as he grew rather fond of her.

Most of the Beings seemed to know well Tide's custom of borrowing his cloak and mask and what it meant, and Death noticed by their essences, some frail, some broken and mended up, that many of them used to be corrupted, and was either doing better now or were just recovering, some even with fresher injuries that were healing up only slowly. So, nobody really made a big deal or problem with the stranger riding their king, as, with Tide's history, it was easy to assume that he must have been some recently acquired wounded soul, so they just went with it like it was a normal thing. As they climbed higher floors, there were progressively fewer people around, though, and with that, Tide seemed less distracted and picked up on Death's mood.

" It's a lot, isn't it? " the wolf asked him shyly. " I have a whole floor where it's only me and Senecio, occasionally Llyr. I thought we could pass through it and see what room you'd like. But since Svarik and Conrad are here, wouldn't you rather like us to see them first? I am sure Xia must be missing them... Alternatively, Sage could see if they're awake and call them to us instead, after we find you the right place... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"How about you show me to a room and go with Xia to meet with all the people you have been missing?" Death asked. "I'd just like to lie down for a while."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Are you sure you won't feel... uncomfortable, all alone, in an unfamiliar place? " Tide whispered, remembering how panicked Death was at the thought of being left on his own yesterday. " Maybe Sage could keep you company? Oh, or that cook Jake, from the capital, he said he knew you. He works for us for now, I could see if he'd like to keep you company for a while, make sure to bring you whatever you'd like to eat, or fetch you anything. "
1 ... 6263646566676869