Death and Tide

1 ... 646566676869

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia seemed to calm a little bit, with the reassurance that it's really alright, and that she can get back to him later. She didn't see to have any inhibitions with him anymore, and she gave him a cute parting kiss at the cheek, and after Tide took her in his hands, she turned her little head over his shoulders and was waving him goodbye with her tiny little paws, all until they left the room.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
After they closed the door, Death closed his eyes too, enjoying a moment of privacy.

---

Svarik was still in his nightshirt, as Sage just awoke him as he promised he would when they arrive.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
It passed around fifteen minutes before the door opened. Through it, there was finally va familiar face in this home full of strangers. Jake stepped in, not seeming much bothered to be entering a room of Death, having met him before, and seen him through Ben's eyes. He didn't carry a tray this time - actually, in one hand he carried a gallon of warm milk, and in other, he carried a big basket, to the brim full of cookies, the same ones he ate in the morning, that nurture and give energy... Sage and Tide must have asked him to make as much as he could here too, so Death may have a warm meal ready for him. They were not decorated, though, but they looked rather beautiful, smooth, soft, and still warm, the last batch steaming a little.

" Hello, there..." He murmured at the sleepy figure with a little bit of weary curiousity." You sleeping?"

---

Tide in his excitement forgot to knock, and then he blushed, stuttering to apologize for coming too soon. Xia was having nonne of the formalities, though - she squeed at the sight of Svarik, her eyes sparkling. She jumped high in the air from Tide's arms, and excitedly landed on the bed beside Svarik, turning and spreading her little arms toward him expectantly, purring abnormally, adorably loud.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"No," Death opened his eyes. "Just getting a moment away from the commotion."

---
Svarik took his into his embrace, stood up with her and spun around. "I'm so glad to see you again!"

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's really busy, isn't it? I've never seen so many Beings on one place. Many mouths to feed, that is sure. ." Jake commented in small talk." What about you? Wouldn't getting away from commotion be much easier with a nice glass of milk? I mean, I have actually brought a gallon." He corrected himself." I figured you may like more, with all the cookies. "

---

Xia laughed out with that, snickering softly, leaning into his touch. She must have forgotten Svarik can't understand demon language, for she was chipping in something warm and soft in her whistles, sneakily leaning into his hug and nestling against him, too excited to use sign language, wagging her tail fast.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, thank you," Death said. "I fear I'll add even more to the hungry mouth..."

---

It was enough to Svarik that she sounded happy. He held her close to him while she talked and snuggled with her, happy to see her again, as he has been worried for her.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Nonsense, sir. You are easing rare, but at least decent enough food. " Cook smiled a little bit, as he put the things at a table aside, and he filled a glass of milk to Death, for a start. " I had a chill time baking the cookies - I didn't envy at all the cook that had to fly worms or the one that had to grind human bones to make bread. I mean, things can get pretty weird. "

---

When the initial burst of happiness was expressed through the gestures, the fox child remained to cling in his arms, whistling soothingly. Only then, Tide came, shyly interpreting what Xia said.
" She wants to apologize for leaving so suddenly, without a goodbye," he whispered timidly. " I am sorry too.. But we had to. He sensed the demon hunters approach, and that they wish to kill him. We had to leave immediately. " he explained, purposely avoiding Death's name.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Oh yes, with a lot of Beings around, it might get weird if the cooks are human," Death smiled a bit as he took the glass.

---

"Yes," Svarik nodded, more seriously now. "We were all very worried. I was hoping you will be here when we arrive, but at least Sage told us that you are safe. Oh, and I see your hand finally healed? That's a relief, too..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I don't think they are too bothered, though. It must come with working with Tide and Hans for three centuries. People here seem used to weird." Jake noticed, while taking the plate, and filling it to bring with cookies. " By the made, I made the cookies half-spicy, half-sweet, for the heck of it, since I had time." He commented innocently." At least you won't be bored, never knowing if you will bite into sweet or spicy part. "

" Yeah, about that... It's a funny thing, actually... I was really careless, and did stupid things, so it kept getting worse. " He said shyly." But he healed it for me. He can't heal anymore in the layer he is missing, but we became Semai, and he could heal it while we were bound together. It's his credit, really - I am really too clumsy to get better on my own... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Oh, that's actually a great idea," Death said appreciatively. "They are like the only thing that gives enough energy to actually be worth the time that eating them takes but I was actually getting a bit bored by the same taste..." He took one, biting into it.

---

"Oh, he actually became your Semai? If it's not a too personal question... did he really do it for you or did he do it so he could eventually be Semai with Bell through you?" Svarik asked. "Bell will want to know that, when he wakes..."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
 He bit right at the area where sweet and spicy part were meeting, so it was a very peculiar combination. Cook made both flavors very intense and strong, so much that it would be unpleasant for humans - but to Death, it was just right.
" So..." Jake, who clearly put lot of effort into it, tried to act like it was no big deal. " How is it? Did I go overboard? I remembered your taste buds were different, so I worked according to that, and I packed it full with calories...."

---

" Oh... That? Actually, it's another stupid thing I did." Tide blushed, shrugging embaraassedly." I didn't really tell him that I can have more Semais. At the time, it didn't seem important, as he was very unwell, and  was on verge of dying. Later, by how important it seemed to him and how he acted, I actually think he doesn't know that yet. When I realized that, I felt too bad to admit it to him. I didn't want him to think it's not a big deal to me just because he is not the only one..."

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"It'perfect," Death said, eating the whole cookie.

---

"Oh, damn..." Svarik murmured. "I don't envy you that talk."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
That seemed to brighten up Jake's weary brow, and he gave him a little faint smile in turn.
" That's good. May I help myself with the chair?" He asked, innocently sitting up." After ups and downs of the travel, I don't think Tide and Sage would like you staying alone. But we don't have to talk. I would be having a brake anyway, after finishing your meal. This way I can keep refilling your plate and glass, so you're not really losing anything by letting me stay, right?"

---

" Tell me about it, I don't even know how to bring it up to him. " Tide took a deep breath, but then he smiled a little and added innocently." You know what, though? I would feel much better with a nice long hug. Preferably from a sweet little friend whom I have missed. What do you say, little one? " He bid, spreading his arm hopefully.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you," Death said. "I'm a bit tired for small talk and even more tired to start a meaningful one..."

---

Svarik still had his arms full of Xia and didn't want to let go yet, so he embraced Tide only with one hand, holding her with the other one.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Not sure if we could have a meaningful talk even if we wanted to, so, don't worry about it." Jake reassured him." If I can o ly say something - I am glad you are alive, after all. Let's just make sure things stay that way.." he said, and as he reconsidered it, he brought the big basket with the cookies to them, so that it will be easier to refill the plate.

---

Tide chuckled at that. He was too happy that they all were safe and that things turned out right, and he had to out that happiness to action - he enveloped both of them in his now healed arms, and he raised them from the ground, purring loudly as he embraced them.

" It... Is so good to see you again..." He whispered hoarsely." I didn't have time to feel bad for it on the run, but... I feel so bad now that I made you all so worried. It was so close. We could have died so easily... And then, last two hunters turned back in the opposite direction. " He gulped, on the verge of tears." I was scared they might run into you while you are coming..."

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, I think that's better for everyone..." Death sighed with a hint of deep weariness that trailed much deeper into the past than just to the Winter solstice.

---

Svarik embraced him more firmly, even with just one hand. "We didn't see or meet any other Spirits..." he said.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's best for *you*, you dummy. " Jake snorted a little for the first time, taking the freedom to take a glass of milk for himself too. " Come on, there's at least no reason for you to be gloomy. From an outside perspective, I've gotta say your life seems to be looking up quite a bit. Why do you look so miserable, then, like someone poured a hot soup all over you? "

---

" That's great. I tried to act relaxed about it before him and Xia, not to worry them... It's so good to see you are okay. Oh... " he noticed Conrad sleeping on the bed across Svarik's shoulder, and he teared up. " Sir.. sir Falcon came too? It's... so wonderful to have so many friends come to visit... It's... w-wonderful to have you... " he whispered hoarsely, and it seemed the weight of them all truly being safe right now finally dawned on him, and now that he didn't have to worry about their safety constantly, it was a final straw, and he sobbed, leaning into the hug more.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"The journey here was quite hard," Death said. "And eventful. I still didn't have time to take it all in."

---

"Should I wake him?" Svarik asked. "I'm sure he would be glad to see you... Oh, and I have the mirror from Hans, too. He said Cernunnos has the other one, so I wanted to call him yestarday but at the end I didn't because I was too tired. We could call him now and tell him that you arrived safely."

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well, we don't have to have small talk or meaningful talk - but maybe we could have an informative talk? "Jake suggested slowly, leaning back with interest. " What do you say? It tends to help people to talk when things feel too much. Maybe you'll be able to put things in perspective easier if you talk about them? And I probably won't stay here for much longer, anyway, so you really have nothing to worry about if you speak to me. I don't have friends here, so I won't be talking to anyone, anyway. "

---

" Oh, Hans gave you the mirror? I... would be happy to call him with you and Sir Falcon. I'd love to see how he's doing... I, I assume you don't know yet, then? " Tide lowered them slowly and cleared his tear with one hand, removing the mask, feeling comfortable to do so with Svarik - and his bright eyes were a little hopeful, as he knew he is bringing good news. " It's daunting to call him Him, so let's just say he wants to be called While while he stays in the mansion. While and I managed to clean Cernunnos's mansion from all hat old miasma. We were short on time before sundown, so Cernunnos got a bit tousled with it, but it ended up okay after all - his leg was mangled up beyond recognition, though, so instead of leaving him like that, I gave him a piece of my soul and took that one. He will have a new, healthy leg. While... was really awesome. " he said with brighter tone of admiration. " He healed up all he could afterwards, there was only a layer of soul thread I've sewn within the sixth layer. It should be healing nicely... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"Well, I became Tide's Semai, if you want to know. I didn't have much time to think about it so far..." Death murmured.

---

Svarik needed a moment to take that all in, going through relief, worry and relief in the short summary of what happened. "I'd like to see him too," he said, still with a hint of worry. "Will you call him while I wake Conrad? Unless he's already awake and just pretending to sleep so he can listen to us, of course..." he said, knowing Conrad too well to think he wouldn't wake with the slightest movement in the room.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh... That's... kind of... great news. " Jake noted, not having much time to reflect on it, either, but few seconds seemed enough. " I... am actually glad for you. To be honest, I was feeling kind of bad all this time, for taking away a chance from you to be Semai with... him. Especially since it all turned out so bad, anyway, I kept thinking about how it was selfish to take away that chance from you. But it's good... " he nodded slowly. " That you managed to find someone compatible and willing so soon... He is willing and compatible, I mean, right? It's hard to imagine sir Tide being anything else, but then again, looks can deceive... You never know someone's mind before you taste it. "

---

" Damn it... " Falcon indeed snorted a little, not being able to help but be amused at how precisely and accurately Svarik pinpointed his reaction and motivation. He straightened up, and his hair was messy, but his eyes wide awake. " Nothing escapes you, ah, you silly cupcake? Yeah, yeah, you try to be polite and give people privacy, and they accuse you of such erroneous act... " he grinned, and Tide grinned back at him, and he opened his arms for him, and Falcon sulked and rolled his eyes, but he allowed demon to pick him up and hug him, as he knew there was no way of telling the three-meter creature not to smoulder him with affection, and not making him sad.
" I am so happy that you're finally here, to visit me... I used to dread the chance, after you told me you'd only come to the sea before the end of your life, but now, seeing you like this, content, with zest for life... " he teared up again, earnest and open in his sentimentality, as he hugged Falcon tighter, while man was trying best to keep straight face and not tease him for compressing air out of his lungs. " It makes me so happy... "

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"And that's already the meaningful talk," Death smirked a little. "But you are right, it might help to say it. Especially if you are leaving soon. You deserve to know it. I... was relieved when you took that chance from me. I never wanted it. I told him long ago, but he still had hope for it. And I didn't want to hurt him or lose him competely. I just wanted a friend..."

---
Svarik could just agree with that as he was taking out the mirror. "Here," he gave it to Tide after he finished his hug with Conrad.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Really? So... I did not... worsen your depression, by taking your last crutch away from you? You never really wanted it? " Jake was a little taken aback and tried to bounce back into the priorities - and despite his more withdrawn attitude ever since he left, his priority always remained others." You are right... Thank you for telling me. It's really good to know I didn't ruin for you something you looked forward to. But... I am confused. If you never wanted a Semai... How did that whole thing with Tide come about? " he looked worried, not merely curious, surprisingly - he looked worried for Death. " Did he... insist, and push you to accept, and you were too hesitant to refuse him because you didn't want to hurt him or lose him as a friend? If you don't want to do it anymore but don't want to have the talk with him, I could talk to him... "

---

" I'll just go to other corner. Three is already a lot, four would be a crowd for one conversation. " Falcon said, and he sat down on the chair at the other side, while Xia, Svarik and Tide sat on the bed.
Tide took the mirror and sat in the center, with them on both sides of him. He took a deep breath, and concentrated.... And within a moment, long enough to pick up a mirror from the side, the reflection of them became a reflection of someone else - the familiar face of Cernunnos peeked from its side. He seemed to be, as always, in relative darkness, and a little pale, but he appeared curious and hopeful. The room full of morning light was too bright for his eyes unused to it anymore, so he was narrowing them, trying to discern the figures he sow...

And when he did, Svarik could see hot tears well in creature's eyes, as it leaned thin fingers of its hand on the mirror, and caressed the reflection it sow longingly, its hands shaking - it must have felt like they have forgotten him, since he knew Tide must be at sea my now, and Svarik should be on his way, but he didn't hear from any of them in time.

Re: Death and Tide

Mirach
Administrator
"There really wasn't much time for that... I was dying and he saved me. Becoming Semai was just a means of that. So, it's not like I was hesitant to refuse... But it wasn't really a decision about wanting to be Semai with him. More about staying alive. And now, after we became Semai, I would want it if I were given the chance to decide knowing what I know now. But I wouldn't know it, so... it's a bit hard to process..."

---

Svarik smiled with seeing him and touched the mirror too.

Re: Death and Tide

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I see... " Jake nodded, his shoulders relaxing slowly after he was worried before. He looked thoughtful now, stroking his chin. " I don't want to pry - you can tell me to stop any time you feel like. But I am probably asking the questions you want to answer to yourself as well, so why not try to articulate it out loud, anyway? What is it that you know now, that you didn't before, that makes you want it? What managed to change your mind, after, who knows, millions or whatnot years of not wanting it? "

---

The creature was reassured with that, and when Xia also put a paw on it, he sobbed. He breathed into the mirror, and it took him a moment through his shaking hands, and nails on his hands seemed cut off and it was harder for him to manoeuvre them now - but he had finally written what he wanted to - big, shaky, words: " so happy... friends okay... "
1 ... 646566676869