Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 165166167168169170171 ... 180

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Little, littlest, sweetest pie... " Hans whispered to his ear. He unexpectedly nestled more closely as he spoke to him softly, as if telling a secret. " I know I put a lot of meaning into this whole name thing... but please remember, in the grand scheme of things, even names, important as they are in Being culture, are small things. What I and Tide have has started before the concept of names existed, too, after all. Littlest, sweetest pie... in the end, all brainstorming aside, if you earnestly asked me to, I'd even name our noble family by a fucking swear word, you hear? I'd even go as far if it made you happy, so don't let any of the name shit bring you down, okay? Names are just clothing, and I want to share my life with you, whether the clothes you wear are classy or shitty. Hans is a quite shitty name that was a pun that just stuck around because we had shitty humor, too, I'll have you know! " he laughed with as much pleasure as with which he was swearing, as if his body, tense from before, had to find some outlet. His voice brimmed with love that was chaotic, full of grit, but as genuine as gentleness with which he rubbed the actor's back. " I'll be honest all the more - in the grand scheme of things I don't actually give a shit if the play goes well. Sure, it would be great if our special first project was as successful as it was well written and acted - but it is just the first among millions of things I am excited to do with you... Sleepover with pillow fort included. It is fine if not all of those million things are a blast, as long as they are with you. So, don't be too troubled if this one thing turns into a shitshow... I'll still be happy, being a part of that shitshow with you. You can even burn down the whole damn theatre! " as if not able to resist the bubbly positive feelings, encouraged by Senecio's reaction, being raised one hand a bit, and brushed it through the man's hair gently, patting his head. " Even if you somehow screw up royally and burn that fucker down, I'll just rebuild it again all for us, okay? Things can be replaced, but people can't. I can just replace it if you ruin it, but I can't replace you, so, as our youngest, youngest one, take care of yourself, okay? I didn't pick you because you are a godly actor, true as it is, but because you are a goddamn delight. Please, don't forget that true, and don't tie your value to arbitrary success, and I'll let you off the hook... "

Demon was clearly getting ready for the question about food, so he could somewhat keep his composure - but his pupils still shook. Behind them, Svarik could see the great weight of starvation, not unlike Simbel's. It was heavily reigned in and controlled though. Creature was tense, and its head clearly wanted to nod - but he still managed to shake it, firmly, in the end.
" It is... hard to explain... but I will give my best, " he slowly looked up. He observed King's expression thoughtfully for a moment before he started slowly. " This is hard to put to words in this new language... It lacks some Being phrases... so I will use as close ones as I can. All Beings have different things they are drawn towards or purposes that define them deeply, through which their blessings are reflected. So, you could say that every Being has a different attribute that defines them. The clearest example in the world would be Death - his attribute is healing, and his nature and blessings are heavily defined by his healing. Some attributes are more complex. Take your little Melody, for example - her attribute in nature, but more specifically, sunlight reflected through the air, as one through Moring Dew, and that attitude of light passing through the air reflects in you, too - the sun shines brightly within you, the buzzing of bees is familiar and dear to you, music that goes through the air comes naturally to you, and no matter what wind instrument you take, you'll be at ease playing it... you can express yourself most freely when you're in tune with your attributes. Some attributes are more or less complicated, but that's the general simplification. Take Stars, for example, too - almost all stars, due to their nature to create elements, have a very strong inclination to make things, and Creation is their attribute. It is so strong that it even spills over into former stars, like me. My attribute is also, creation, " he coughed shyly. " We just create different things... Solstice loves to make shiny things and weapons, Alpha likes to make dazzling clothes, and I like to make helpful tools that bring people an easier life. Things we make are different, coloured by our heart's desires, but our attributes are the same. Our special powers are tied to those attributes too, just like Death's ability to heal and soothe is tied to his attribute. Solstice can stimulate the creation of new life, Alpha pulls nonexistent things like stardust into the realm of reality, and I create pocket dimensions... Not everything is as clear, and sometimes you struggle to figure out what makes some Beings tick, but you can usually tell more based on their blessings, as blessings reflect one's nature... So, what do you think, about a Being so strong he has the potential to overpower the strongest Demon King one day - but a Being whose attribute is just forming? He is like tea, with warm water poured in, but that is waiting for just the right leaves, and everything can affect his true flavor and fragrance," Janus was watching Svarik quietly, with shadow in his eyes. " His case is even more special.. as he isn't like Solstice, who is shaped by the fact he is a star. Being human and born without anything strongly defining or Being ancestry to pull from, Erdel's attribute will be fully based on who he is, instead of what he's born as. His attribute is still in the very early stages, so it can easily be contaminated, and influenced, though, by bad experiences. So... don't you think it would be a pity, to influence him with needless suffering? From what I see in him, early as signs are, you might be looking at an indeed rare and special attribute in the making here, and it would be a pity if you don't raise it well, and throw a lot of bad experiences that stun his growth. If you don't raise him well, instead of growing into something special, all he will remain is what he already is  - just a physically strong Being and nothing else. It is always sad, like picking a flower before it has the chance to bloom. It's like picking a flower, that could grow large enough to throw summer shade at you, when it is still the size of a fingernail...  "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio smiled a bit. "Okay, I'll keep a torch ready in case it goes monumentally bad." Then he took a deep breath, tensing a little. "There's one more thing that I'm unsure about. About the grand scale of things. Your scale is obviously much longer than mine. And that's another thing I would like to have spelled out clearly, because you two keep alluding to it but never say anything concrete and I need to know where I stand. Do you have a way to make me immortal, and do you want to? And, if yes, what is the cost?"

---

"So, in a young Being, early experiences can form their personality, and in turn influence their atrributes, is that so?" Svarik asked. "I'm trying to figure out how it applies to Erdel. Is it the personality that forms the attributes, or can the experiences influence attributes directly? Do you see where that question is leading?" Svarik asked. "Because Erdel really is a special case. You say he is a kid, and you are right, when it comes to his powers. But I think I am also right when I say that he is an adult. In personality, he is. He was a human adult before he was turned into a Being, and mentally he still is. It's true for human children as well that early experiences can form their personality in a major way, but Erdel is not at that stage anymore. That's why I'm asking if it's the personality that forms the attributes or if the experiences can influence them directly. What we already know about his attributes is his great strength and speed, of course, but I guess that's a more general thing. But he has an insane sense of smell, and can tell a lot about people by it or track long lost things. I don't think we've already figured out his limits in that, it's really uncanny. And another things he can do it taking the hurts of others and healing them with his own fast healing. I take it that's not really common for Beings. He is glad when he can do that and help someone. That is his personality. He doesn't like to watch people suffer when he can help, and pain is unpleasant, of course, but I don't think it's a formative experience to him to be in pain for a while - and I'm saying that as his friend who doesn't like the thought of him being in pain. But it would feel worse to him if he can't help, I think."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Hans also tensed up more, a tinge of anxiety and dread mixing up within his calm happy feelings. Still, it seemed easier to respond to this question while they were in an embrace, than if they parted.
" You know... The only people I adopted in Being way are Tide, Lord of Time, Sage... and you. After I adopted Sage... I pestered him endlessly, trying to convince him to pursue immortality. But he is content, with his lot in life. He dearly loves us... but he wants to live out his life as human, with however time nature has in store for him, " he admitted quietly, with an echo of a weary dull ache. " So, if you ask me about my desires... There is no way I don't want to pester you. I really, really do. It's taking all my self-restraint not to, especially after... after you died once. But like with names... I don't want you to choose something like that just because you're pestered to, " he leaned his head more tiredly against Senecio's shoulder, appearing rather unusually vulnerable himself as if the actor touched a painful memory for him. " Regarding options... So far, there was only one option on our table, that is, the golden apples, the same ones Death was given. They can make torn-up soul pieces grow and grant immortality to mortals by making their souls grow incredibly stable and regenerative... It is a kind of immortality where you do technically age, but where a thousand years is like but one day of aging, so it can be called immortality. It's just generally quite a waste to use them for immortality since the soul-growing ability is such a kind rare gift. So, our options regarding it depend on whether you and Tide end up together. The apples grow so slowly, and they are tied to the lives of their daughters, so the parents are extremely strict, so it's very hard to make deals for them, otherwise, Tide wouldn't have to be tearing so much of his own soul to give to others. Tide does have a deal with the parents, though, on account of saving their life once - if he marries happily, and the marriage lasts more than five years, he will be given an apple for his partner. It's just that none of his marriages lasted that long. In case you and Tide don't end up together, it would be much harder. I'd probably have to grover and beg and make some heavier deal, and you'd have to leave a very good impression, so it wouldn't be easy and might take a while... but it is possible. However, now, we have solid chances of allying with Riversong to a certain degree... and he can grant real, true, and full immortality. If we were picking, I'd rather pick that one, but we don't know if he'd want that yet, although our chances aren't that bad right now. So, it is possible... it's just that it depends a lot on you, and to be honest, you always... grow rather unstable and moody whenever you argue with Tide. I am... quite under the impression if your relationship with Tide doesn't work out, that you won't... have enough motivation, to pursue immortality. Am I wrong? " he inquired so very carefully, like a tense spring. " I, myself, don't give a shit to technicalities, as you see. I want to have you with me whether you break up or not. I abhor notions that a man should only be fulfilled and live a happy life if he's not single. But... you always look up to Tide alone, when it comes to your perseverance to live. I... don't want to make assumptions, and be wrong. It is too painful, to be wrong about such things... That's why I'm giving it my all, for your relationship to work out. Deep down, while it's nice to see you two happy together, my liking of you has nothing to do with the fact you are together, and you could easily break up, and I'd still want to live with you. I want you to stay terribly much so... but I don't know if my affection alone is strong enough reason to make you want to stay... "

---

"I... don't want to patronize him by claiming the only way for him to grow is to be put into a cage where only good things happen... Sometimes, you have to pay a negative price, in order to get more important positive thing... just like I'm paying the price of hunger, to stay with children and Senecio. Who am I, to judge? " Being explained quietly. " Still, it's important that, whatever choice is made, it is an informed one. I am telling you this... because all my senses are faulty, but one. I can't hear that well, smell things, or taste anything... but you need to have sharp eyes when you're an inventor and scholar. And his attribute has nothing to do with strength. His strength and speed... it is as if circumstances poured all it possibly could, to give him a chance to be most terrible hunter... but it is so against his deep desires, that it barely registers. It's just something that is as it is for him, like the fact you have blue eyes is just something as it is, and doesn't affect your nature. Think about it. His sense of smell, if paired with nature that craves violence, would result in the most terrifying attribute... But his heart craves to protect, shelter, and understand things, so he can find the best ways to preserve them. All his perception and power... are poured into a gentle purpose. That is, what will shape his attribute, one day. I could see it, in the way he spoke to me about you and your boyfriend. The shyest, most innocent desire, to protect people in the way he seems to see you do. The admiration and yearning to bring more happiness into the world, as your boyfriend seems to yearn to... By the way Erdel speaks of you and by how he sees you, regardless of how things end up, you two should be quite proud. The key ingredients to how his attribute is slowly shaping up, are as they are thanks to you two. His ability to take on injuries of others is also a reflection of that mindset... he has to have true deep desire, for people he cares for to be well, to be able to do it. His nature is the nature of a shield, and he's pouring all his wits, into wanting to be a shield...  but if he falters and changes his mind, and grows disappointed in the world - he'll change direction of his growth into however differently he feels. From what I can see, the attribute that suits him most dearly, just like Creation suits me... is an attribute of Protection. It's a very rare and beautiful attribute, at least, in my thoughts, and won't make him the strongest Being on its own, but it is bound to give him a unique rare set of skills - just like Eros isn't the strongest, but is important due to his specialized skills. Protection is usually mixed in with other things. For example, Eros was born out of affection for all living things and a desire to soothe them, so his attribute is Love colored by Protection. He does not have much strength to do much about it though, and his attribute mostly peeks when he's guiding people's hearts. White Eagle is also a good example, by chance... He was born as an eagle, a predator, but he grew up surrounded with so much safety and virtue, that it affected his attribute to heavily skew his original predator attribute toward yearning to protect the weak. So, his attribute was Strength, colored with Protection. Aren't you curious, too, what a wonderful and interesting flavor of Protection could Erdel grow up to have, if he keeps growing well? "Janus's gaze grew softer. " When Grandel was alive, people often debated if he was a Personification of something or not, because Personifications are usually the strongest Beings, and he was ridiculously strong. But he wasn't - he just happened to have good parentage, and was born so insanely powerful by strike of chance, so much that he could be called a Natural born Personification. Your Erdel, though, by the stroke of a chance of being given such potential, paired with his deep desires being so clearly pursued, might be as close to Artificially crafted personification as one can get... if he grows up well, that is. If he changes his heart, he can easily just stay strong Being, and not much else, or grow to form awful horrible attributes, like Hate or Destruction. As I said, it won't be set in stone what he is, not yet, until he is more defined. So, you can look at it like clay - he is soft clay now, and you determine his shape more than anyone in the world, with how much of his heart goes to you. Once clay hardens, that is it. Sure, if too much pressure is applied to the final object you make, it will break, and get corrupted, like I was. Corruption is the natural result of the world pushing you beyond the limits your clay is able to withstand. But if he corrupts later, he can still get better, like a broken clay jar can be fixed. If a clay you're molding gets thrown on the ground and loses its shape while it is still soft, though, it will just harden into a formless sad state, never becoming a Jar in the first place... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Thank you, I just wanted to know if its an achievable option. Because, if you asked me right now, I'd say 'hell yes'. But, as you have probably noticed, it's a bit of a habit of mine to feel too strongly. A month ago, I wanted to die. Right now, I want to live forever. It may be a good idea to not make such decisions high on feelings, I guess. But I'm glad for the reassurance that when planning a future with Tide, I don't have to count my death as granted. And if it doesn't work out... I can't really imagine a future in which it doesn't work out right now. I'm still in the hopelessly infatuated phase where it's not really possible to imagine it. How long is that phase supposed to last, do you know? I've never got that far before..."

---

"Protection really fits him," Svarik said thoughtfully. "That's why it's so hard to take a side here. I want to protect him from harm, but I don't want to deny him what is natural to him. And he took it into his mind that he wants to protect you from hunger... Do you think it would harm him even if it's in accord with his nature? He got sick from fear and stress, but this is just pain without any danger, in safety."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well... just a small correction, it would be nice if, when you thought about the future, you thought in more general, "planning future with you guys, ", not just future with Tide. One feels a little left out, you know. I know Tide is cool, and a category of his own - but aren't I at least an important enough factor for future planning to be included in a list? " Hans complained, though, there wasn't sharpness to it, and he remained close, and his voice even had a little shy spark as he spoke - it seemed he felt free enough to try to complain and whine a little and speak with less restraint or vagueness, " Well, I'll forgive you this once because you're extremely adorable right now... but next time, I'll tease you to no end and guilt trip you till you're sick of it... This time, I'm still too happy you're finally taking my family talk seriously... so I'll reward you instead, with some cool reliable friend advice," he whispered as tenderly. " No matter how selfish I am to keep you at my side, I wouldn't force your and Tide's relationship, if I thought you weren't a good match, I'd try to find other ways to coax you to stay. Out of all the people Tide dated, I've never approved of someone as much as I do of you - because Tide has never been as secure and bubbly and free with someone, as he is with you. No matter who he was with, there'd always be some walking on eggshells, some embellishments, or something that was just okay, instead of splendid... you have a fair share of misunderstandings and problems, but they never stem from cruelty, only ignorance or misplaced good intentions... you both are silly anxious noodles with a lot of insecurities, so it's to be expected. But you're such a good influence on Tide, you know. It's been a while, since he was this consistently free to be himself... " he whispered soothingly to him. " It is not your infatuation, clouding your judgment. Your eyes see clearly. I also can hardly see your relationship failing. I actually plead for your patience with him... His head is as empty as that of a butterfly sometimes. He is slow and dense at times, especially when he's insecure about himself, so if anything comes to test your bond, it will be that cute idiot's incompetence. If he does something to hurt you, always come talk to me, deal? I'll always scold him for you first before I help you resolve things. If I thought it was doomed to fail, I'd discourage you from the start, and coax you with the magic of friendship instead, but there's no reason to encourage you to break up when you're so good for each other... I'd never push for this bond if I didn't believe in it with all my heart... "

---

Janus's eyes shook a little. Slowly, very hesitantly, he nodded, but a little, as if he was acknowledging the truth of the argument, and thinking about a compromise.
" It is hard to explain... I see where you are coming from, and I don't want to patronize him by refusing fully. There is just something in the way he jumps into such extremes... how carelessly he speaks of his pain... like it is completely natural that he, who heals faster, should be hurt, just because it is more practical. There is.. coldness in that practicality. Children or adults, people shouldn't dissociate that much and think that little of themselves, just because they heal quickly, " he whispered in the end. " I think adding too much self-sacrifice isn't best, either...  A good shield should be taken care of. He should get to experience the feeling of being thought of as precious, too. So, I can't yield too much, you understand. The thing is, as I'm alluding to, I do plan to do a lot for Sil Simbel, and if I considered my actual food needs, I'd need to ask for a lot for it, but if Erdel would be your sole payer, wouldn't it just be too cruel to toss too much burden on him just because he is so ready to sacrifice himself? He enjoyed building the shelf with me. He likes to learn new ways of being of use... I thought it might be a nice idea, to ask him to help me build the tree house for the children tonight. It would still be helpful to me, as his strength could ease my time and burden a lot, so it is not really a pretense deal, even if help is of short duration, and it would give him a good experience of doing something nice for the children and learning a nice new skill... It would be nice to give him some good to do, where good is just plain good, and doesn't require extremes of hurting himself, "  he revealed his intentions with a very small shy, innocent grin. " Besides, to be honest, talk of prices is more complicated... Because when he gets the courage to ask, I plan to accept the deal, to make him a sword tailored to him. He just hasn't asked yet. I'm not blind enough, to not see how anxiously he is holding onto White Eagle's sword... I could see in his eyes, when offered a chance to ask me for something, that there was great temptation in his eyes, and a great fear of having nothing to protect himself with... yet when thinking he may only have one shot to plead for something, he still gave up on his peace of mind, and choose to plead for little Simbel restlessly... I like what it says about him. I like that very much so, in fact," his grin grew a bit wider. " If he had shown covetousness or bloodthirst, or if his attribute wasn't so clear cut and warm, I'd hesitate more, but I also, genuinely don't want Demon Hunters to kill that poor thing, or for him to fail to protect his loved ones, just because no weapons can stand his strength. So, talk of prices is even harder, because I rarely make exceptions for weapons, and it would take a lot out of me to make a proper one... That is why I am at such a loss what the hell should I even ask from you all. It would honestly be easier if you made a deal with Tide, or someone else, to provide me with food in your stead, so I don't have the moral dilemma of causing him so much harm at once, but it's really unfortunate, that you guys need so many things. Your safety measures are just so lacking, that I can't help but go out of my way to point them out. You don't have shields, swords, or alerting artifacts, Simbel, who is the most skilled fighter among you, has too tiny moving range to fight properly... you are too under geared, for facing Demon Hunters or vengeful Demons. To be honest, I feel like I traveled back in time, to the horrible state of preparedness Tide and Hans were in, 300 years ago, " he pressed his temples firmly. " The only reason they could have gotten away with so little, was because Hans was a ridiculously strong Singer. But once he lost his Voice, to make up for his lack of power, I had to fill in with precautions hard. My insistence may seem like overpreparing, but Demon Hunters also, overprepare so they don't die easily, little Svarik. That's why you must overprepare for all of you to live, too... I'll be blunt, so please forgive me. But, when Demon Hunters went after Death, if they weren't in a rush and stayed long enough to see all your little vampires, or if Erdel was there, and they saw Simbel protecting him, and they thought he was being led astray on the wrong path by deceptions of Demons - they would all be dead. You had a stroke of terribly good fortune, that hunters were blinded by their goal and only cared about Death at that moment...  But little low vampires without special weapons or training, Simbel who barely got used to his new body, and Erdel without any weapon, even if he was there, and not in the mountains - do you think, that in confrontation, without any plan or battle tactics to give them some chances, that they would live? Erdel was well in his rights, to grow ill with worry if you all were safe... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio chuckled. "Of course you are there, I'm your family so you can't get rid of me," he teased gently, trying out how it feels to be so confident in a relationship - any relationship. "I'm also feeling good about all of this," he admitted. "I have no reference about whether I should trust the feeling, but I would like to. So, let's go to my room and summon 100 blankets?"

---

Svarik grimaced. "We have unkowingly landed ourselves into a precarious situation, didn't we? I had no idea about demon hunters, and suddenly they're on our doorstep, threatening my friends. We really are not equipped to face them, and it would take a lot to prepare for them. Do we even stand a chance, though? Should we really preare for a fight? Instead of that, I would rather like to focus our energy into building peace. We have Solstice on our side, and Death wants peace as well. Riversong is probably also awake by now. And Hans's and Senecio's play is helping to erode some old prejudices. I think we have a real chance to negotiate for peace, but I also know that even in peace, all it takes to hurt you is one person who refuses to be convinced. So preparedness is good even if we manage to avoid an open fight. I also agree fully that Erdel shouldn't be encouraged to sacrifice just because he can. I think it would be fair to ask from him what you would ask from any other Being, no less and no more - with the condition that I'm informed about it, so that I can be with him afterwards and pamper him whether he wants it or not. But I also don't like the thought that you would make something for us and not get an adequate compensation. I'm feeding White as much as he asks for not because I want an ally, but because I hate to see him hungry. I don't like this either, but I don't know how to help. Can you think of something I could do? I have the position of a king, would it be useful somehow? Or Riversong... maybe he would able to help so that your diet could be more diverse? If he can create life out of nothing and make someone immortal, he might be able to do that, right? I could make a deal with him..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" How about we negotiate it up to 200? With just as many cool luxurious pillows to the mix? 100 is not nearly enough, my cute little Senecio deserves only the coziest biggest pillow fort money can buy! Let's go all out! " Hans's mood, from previously a little tense, brightened up dramatically with Senecio's confident words - they gave him more hope, that his desire to convince him to pursue immortality could work, and he seemed relieved greatly, as if it was, like with actor, an unspoken thing often poisoned him in the back of his mind. When he tried to release the hug, he staggered a little bit, though, and leaned his hand against the wall, blushing a little embarrassingly. " Oh... uhmm.. just give me a little moment first. It's um... like when we did a Being family ritual, when my body grew, um, uncoordinated when I felt too much joy at once. I was too happy too suddenly, so it seems I am a little wobbly now. I just need a littlest moment... "

---

Janus's gaze grew softer, his frown relaxing a little.
" That's precisely why I do want to prevent your despair... Because those are the first thoughts that fall on your mind. Because of the expression Erdel wears when he speaks of you... Because of how generously you feed Simbel. Do you know how much old Kings fed him at most? I asked Erdel how much you give him... what they gave him at best years is not even half of what you give. Thanks to it, he can finally be full and think with clarity, instead of just managing. He can pull his own weight... but I do not tell you that you should prepare for full-blown war,  " Being whispered slowly, finding it easier to respond to that part of the question first. " For that, just one sword and a couple of artifacts would not be nearly enough. Official war, with the whole Spirit Kingdom moving, would mean we all would die, because Tide would not let you die alone. But Solstice is still a child, and can't stop wayward ill-meaning souls. So, not for war... but you must be prepared for at least small-scale battles. Some furious people will first attack and ask questions only if you beat them up first. It's fine if you end up killing Spirits, as long as you don't melt them in Simbel's pond, as they'll just get reborn, and from there, Death can take over... You just need to make sure you have enough power to fend off small-scale attacks long enough until you either subdue, kill them, or help arrives. If you can convince Alpha, you could make a deal with him, to appear when Shield is trigged, and help you fight, he is quite an overpowered Star, but he is a little fickle and doesn't take deals unless he feels like it, so convincing is your part. Even if they are low Demons, you can't underestimate numbers and discipline... If you train vampires you have well, and if Simbel commands them, you already will be more decently ready. If Erdel has a proper weapon and trains, too, your chances raise dramatically, " he explained but hesitated then. Unlike when he readily shared protective advice, when he was to speak of hunger, he looked down timidly, rubbing his fingers absentmindedly. " And to be honest... About my diet and everything... I do not know. I truly do not. Tide is soother, not a healer, but I respond by throwing up whenever someone tries to touch my soul, anyway... so I'm not sure what would make a difference. I guess... I guess I might as well tell you more about my condition... but please do not be too sad about it, alright? It just was... how it was. It is not a sob story, just my story, " only when he said that, did he gather the courage to speak more. " For Stars... it is not good, if they are out of Light for too long. Also, food grown by sunlight is most nutritious, because it holds stored energy and memory of the Light. Same went for me as a former Star. I can not recall the taste... but I remember that I used to adore fruit and bread. Likewise, I fed from positive emotions from my believers, through their food offerings and prayers. But when I was captured, suddenly... I was fully deprived of light, and there was no good emotion to eat, and the food they fed me was rotten bloody raw meat or molded bread they would chew and spit out to mock me. And to add to it... Creation attributes are often mixed, too. Solstice's Creation attribute is mixed with Joy of Life, Alpha's is mixed with Playfullness, and my... my Creation attribute is mixed with Compassion. As a former Star, I had a distant memory, of how it felt to be a powerful existence... so it is a little like Simbel's situation, of being born feeling lesser than you should have been. That's why I was always drawn the most, to the flawed and weak, such as I was, and grew to desire to relieve their burdens, which shaped my attribute, " he wiggled his ears embarrassingly before he added more gloomily. " So... so, being forced to make destructive things against my will... reflected horribly on me. It twisted me... being forced to act opposite to what I am, and witnessing such lack of mercy and compassion every day... And then, when things finally became too much... when I grew corrupted and broke the chains, and tried to run away... They... they caved in the dungeon I was in. Everything got dark. Meters of stones collapsed all around me... but somehow, by bad luck, none killed me. Stones squashed my legs and tail, pinning me to the ground. In front of me, there was barely enough space to fit my arms, which were reaching out for where the door originally was when everything collapsed. I did not need to breathe, so I could not suffocate. There was just me, the darkness, and now, not even negative emotions of others, to eat. Just.. just my arms, stretched in front of me. My mind wasn't my own. I could not make conscious decisions, only instinctive, beastly ones. I merely have a vague, horrible memory... of how I was so hungry, that I would eat my own hands, and feed on my own pain as I did it... and when they regenerated back, eat them again, " he let out a nervous, chocking laugh, as if not sure what face to make. " It... it is terribly inefficient, you understand, but it somehow kept me alive. By all accounts, I should have starved, a it could never be enough, to feed me through five hundred years I was corrupted under all that rubble. When Tide first found me, I was so weak I could not even oose miasma anymore, or had more strength to chew or look up to the light, so I was barely holding on. By all means, I should have died from malnourishment...I... don't know, if things will ever get better. I... am doing my best... But every touch sends me back to that distant past. I was getting the littlest bit better with time at first... but my progress is mostly stagnating. In last hundred years, I am as you see me. I am still here. Just... just not quite the same, after everything... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Of course," Senecio nodded and led him to a couch., accomodating his weakness but not dwelling on it too much "I think I need to figure out some more exact numbers for this blanket thing anyway. 100 feels like a lot, but how big is the room, actually? I would say you could fit at least three blankets in lengthwise, and five across. So, fifteen blankets to cover the floor. One blanket is how high? 5 centimeters, maybe? So if we want a meter of blankets all over the floor, we need... 15 times 20. Which is... uhm... 300. Just out of curiousity, if there isn't enough of blankets in the storage, does the hose try to take them from other rooms? I guess not but it would be funny."

---

Svarik nodded gently. "I'm not an expert on Being souls, so maybe I am wrong, but if you were a human, I would say that there is something wrong and misaligned in it, that's why it only got better with time to a certain degree. If you have a broken bone that's misaligned and you keep walking on it, no amount of time will heal it properly without it being set first. And of course it hurts when someone touches it. It needs to be done, though, but only by someone who knows exactly what he is doing. I would compare Tide touching it to somene trying to put a bandage on that broken bone. It would work on a lesser hurt, but not here. Here, it's just painful. So we would need somene who knows exactly what to do, and an anesthetic, like when we cut the boy's fingers. And again, I have no idea what anesthetics could be used for Being souls, but something tells me that Riversong might be the right person to do the setting, and White might be able to act as anesthetic. I'm not 100% sure, of course, and don't want to give you false hopes, I'm just saying it might be something that's worth looking into."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" There are around 2000 freshly washed blankets, and around 3000 pillows, give and take, it depends on how many people asked for them today. It is a huge mansion, with a lot of hidden discreet guests, after all. And yes, if there are 1000 there, and you ask for 2000, it would only give you 1000 it has. One of the earliest versions of room service would actually accidentally take from other rooms if asked for too much of something, but once we caught the oversight, Janus patched it up, so most of small likely oversights got patched up over the first hundred years, " Hans explained with a little grin as if on pleasant memory, getting himself cozy on the couch, relaxing with Senecio's attitude. " You have all authority, though, and you can take things from other rooms, as long as you know what is there, and the official names of the rooms... That rascal Tide still does it sometimes, when he's up to mischief. Well, I won't mind if you do some silly mischief too, just try not to mess with rooms with Being guests you don't know, deal? I love chaos as much as any trickster God, but to be honest, without Singing," he shrugged shyly. " I don't exactly have means to immediately stop some being if they get mad at you and if they're really angry... It's unlikely they'd really hurt you, but it could be seen as a breach of hospitality, so it would be quite a big issue... I'm not saying I wouldn't fix it up afterward, but to give me less headaches, just make sure to only prank people you know you can get away with, deal? Tide is quite a special case, because that silly bastard just has to laugh, and he'll get away with anything... Well, I mean, you just have to ask for a hug for me to let you get away with anything, too, but that won't work on everyone, so just plan your mischiefs accordingly, deal? "

---

" I... would not fault you, if hope you tried to give me would turn out false. It's enough to me... to feel a little more reassured about you... that I can see your words and expression match so earnestly. Please, do not fault Tide too much... Most of the people he brings back turn out quite nicely... He is skilled. Nobody can do, quite what he does. It is just that I was a jar, broken into thousands of pieces, each one similar to the last. An incomprehensible puzzle... it is a miracle, that he put me together as well as he did. I dislike it when people pity me for no reason... I am a remarkably fortunate person, to have met Tide and Hans. I can not even decide if I owe more to one, or the other. They both did so much... too much, " Being whispered, seeming a little more shy after revealing that much personal information to Svarik. Indeed, it seemed he tried his best not to hope and be disappointed, but he did not dismiss Svarik's goodwill either.  " To be honest, your words are sweet... but I have nothing of use I could offer to Riversong, and we do not even know for sure if Simbel will think favorably of me. I would entrust Simbel with human souls in a heartbeat, without even the tiniest shred of doubt, fully... but even if he may not be White Eagle, White Eagle's death was his birth, and it was a truly horrible and slow death, tainted by demonic miasma, corruption, and filth. I don't want to force my presence on him... I don't want to make anyone with his terrible experience face something like me, that reminds him of it. I don't have high hopes for myself... but I do, for the human children. To be honest, I am quite scared, but I am preparing myself mentally, to visit the capital at your soonest convenience, anyway... for children's sake. As we talked about, I hope Simbel can help them with his presence and healing rituals. Poor things are weak, frail, and have scars all over their bodies, and nightmares all over their minds... Simbel is the most qualified person I know that can help... but I was quite tense, being a Demon, on how could I even do such a visit in person. I can't leave kids to travel on their own... so it would be nice if by the time we'd come he would be calm with me enough to the point of not getting scared or jumpy on sight if he agrees to allow me to come without confrontation, that is, " he admitted hesitantly. " It won't do children good if I entrust them to someone visibly scared of me... And I do want to help Sil Simbel and little Erdel, and you, so that despair does not come to your door. I want you, to swindle me. Please, drain all you possibly can from me, and make your friends happy and safe, little one, " he grinned at him, just a little more freely, as he added. " And... I don't do this often... but let's say I give your goodwill some benefit of the doubt. It would be nice, of course, if something could be done, and I wouldn't have to ask anything at all from you... but that's too much optimism for me. So, how about I let you do your research... and we see what can be done about it afterward? We can still pass through everything I can offer... but we can just put part of the price regarding food... for later discussion. What do you think? Exact details of exchange in deals are usually set in stone,  so there won't be situations where one side of deal is done and binding, and the other party arbitrarily asks for more than is proper or expected, to force the other to give more without having a choice... But we don't have reasons to try to get out of the deal by trickery, do we? I know I stand to lose more, if I help you, and you decide to swindle me and not pay anything in the end, but let's be honest here, Erdel, that fool with a heart of gold is practically trying to swindle me "into" being paid more.... " he chuckled shyly. " He even enlisted your help to have you convince me to have him pay for deals despite I wanted to spare him over his youth. I get quite a feeling he would rather want to swindle me into taking more from him, just like I hope you'll swingle me into doing more for Simbel, Erdel, and you, so you poor, sweet things will be safer, and so despair won't find you... " he signed regretfully. " I wished I could just help you without any strings attached... My wish for you all to be safe is genuine. It's just that... the realities of hunger prevent me from indulging in my desires. I am already eating too much as is because I spread myself thin these days, and because losing Senecio was so stressful... But I still have about a month of food left, so it's not that urgent yet. It's hard to make myself get to it, as it was... nice... having a little reprieve, from reality. Building things I wanted to build... playing house... Having tea parties... Making heart-shaped sandwiches. But I do plan to soon begin scavenging again each night while the children sleep, so I'll be able to stretch things some more with it. I'm not yet in an urgent situation where I would need the child to pay me right away, so we can delay payments for a little bit, for now... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Of course, I wouldn't prank someone I don't know or someone who might not appreciate it. How do you call for something, though? We keep talking about blankets and the room didn't manifest any, so it must have some way to discerna request from casual conversation, but what is it? Tone of voice? Formulation? Or just the intention?" Senecio asked, wanting to occupy Hans until he feels better.

---

"Isn't that something that Erdel or someone else could help you with?" Svarik asked. "If you don't want to ask for adequate payment,  you should at least save the energy of doing something that somene else can do for you. Don't worry if it's gruesome, we have all seen some nasty things. And leave it to me to talk to Sil and Riversong and prepare your meeting on friendly terms, alright? You are an expert on gadgets, but talking to people, making friends and smoothing grievances and misunderstandings is my expertise. It's the one thing from this kingly business that I'm actually good at. Maybe that could be our deal, if you want? I know it would be dangerous to promise results, but I can promise you that I will do all that's in my power to make Sil Simbel and Riversong see you favourably and try to aid you, if they can."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Yes, it needs concrete intent in your mind, and to feel you do actually want it. It's very sensitively tuned right now. When it was just made, specific wording was always needed, but now, it's much more advanced. " Hans explained readily, indeed, slowly seeming to get a bit better, as he seemed distracted and pleased with a chance to teach Senecio something that would be of help to him. " So, when you ask general things like, oh, I would like for an apple pie to appear, it will pull from designated locations where things for use are stored, in pie's case, the kitchen, in blanket's case, storage. But if you want to pull, let's say, book you left by accident in Tide's room, you'll need to say you need that book, and what official name of room is, so system doesn't by accident pull same book from other place, if there are two such books in mansion. But if you don't know the exact location but know the object and approximate location, you can also filter it out more, Like say things like - I want that book that I left somewhere on the left side of the third floor - and if it;'s there, it will appear. That's how we search for lost things, by filtering it out, too. Oh, and you can also filter out things you need by conditions the mansion can recognize.For example, you can just say you need 100 blankets, or you need 100 blue blankets, or 100 blue blankets washed with lavender soup... Just like you can say, I want a pie and get a randomized pie, or I want an apple pie, and get an apple pie. As long as it's stored and you set the right conditions, you'll get it. That's what it means, to have the highest permission. " he smiled innocently. " Whether you ask for all the blankets - or all the gold - I'm leaving it to your discretion, and to how big a headache you plan to give me on a given day, just like that rascal Tide that always does something silly when I least expect it... it is up to you to decide, but the mischief power is all yours, to do as you see fit. "

---

Janus, who was so used to only doing deals for food, was at a loss a little, clearly not having much experience doing deals for other things, nodding slowly, hesitantly, with some wonder.
" I guess... Since you are so reliably friend-shaped... I can not help but have... some expectations. Not regarding getting better yet, but... at a base level, Riversong is too powerful and I'm a bit anxious of his visit to the sea and whatever chaos may it bring, so it would be very nice if I could know I won't get in conflict with him if I dared to approach him, as he's known to be very prickly when people ask him for deals, and Simbel, well... I'm anxious even more because I need to cooperate with him for children's sake... it would be nice if I had fewer chances to mess it up or to scare or hurt him more unknowingly. I... am very much not an expert... at how to talk to people. I usually barely say more than a couple of sentences here and there, outside of making deals... I am rusty. I've talked more in the last few weeks than in years, " he admitted quietly. " I... don't have free time, normally. I'm constantly busy, either making things or scavenging. I have to travel often to make sure all protective gears and things for safety for everyone is well maintained. I am a very important link to the safety chain, I must make sure in case of emergency everything is most efficiently tuned for rescue operations.  If it's scavenging... normally it would be useless to try to make deal for someone to help me, because normal people can't properly see what has pain and is nutritious to me... but if it's Erdel... I guess he might.... actually do it better than me, " he seemed a little unsure and shy suddenly as if such a thought never crossed his mind - but unlike before, there was clear hope on his face. " It... it shouldn't be too traumatic request if it's for a short while, and it's just about scavenging, and...  it would be nice... to not have to scavenge for a little while. To be honest, it would be quite hard... making breakfast for children, knowing I was butchering human bones moments before. It gives me sad thoughts. So... maybe just for a little while... while he's here. And... I still plan to ask him to build a tree house with me. It would do him good, to know he took part in making something simple and nice, without any pain or sacrifice attached, " Janus nodded ever slowly. His eyes were a little more energetic and thoughtful, as he looked up to Svarik, and smiled a little more widely. " If you're going to be so proactive for me... should you not try your best to swindle me properly? I mentioned 3 deals. First, making them protective artifacts and mirrors is a given, those two kids need contact and protection. The rest two, though... To be honest, the third is a bit hard for my current health, but we can still discuss it so we see what's best to be done about it... But the second, main deal... about increasing Simbels's range, " he slowly gathered courage, before he finally said it out loud. " Yes... I do have a solution to offer you for that since his current range is just too pitiful. And if it was just a general range increase, I wouldn't be too worried... if it was so, it would just increase the range Demons have to avoid the capital. But what I can offer... can be dangerous... if combined with Eros, " he admitted. " That is why I am so worried... because Eros is too good-natured, and he's weak to blackmail and persuasion. What I mean to say... my offer to increase Simbel's range, combined with Eros's or Death's High-level personification ability to drag and move objects through the fabric from one place to another, could be quite dangerous... that's the only reason why I was so hesitant, I reassure you, " he coughed shyly. " If it was just about increasing range a little bit, I wouldn't worry too much, the only thing that worries me is combination, because, on the one hand, Simbel's ability to protect himself and quality of life would improve greatly with better range, with a more flexible life, if you make a deal with me, and then make deal with Eros. But, likewise, if he suddenly decides that now that he is more of a person he does want to become a Demon Hunter again or not even Demon Hunter, but a more violent God, that punishes people that go against him... or if you choose to use my deal for violence and subjugation against your enemies, and skew the land towards tyranny using him to enforce your power... that would be very hard for me because I would be directly responsible for enabling you... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Okay. And just out of curiousity, because apparently I didn’t have enough overwhelming news today, how much gold is actually there, approximately?" Senecio asked.

----

"I understand that you are taking a risk with us," Svarik said. "I really hope that I can make it up to you and that Riversong and Sil will be able to help you. I still don't understad what you are offering, though. Is it possible for Sil Simbel to not be bount to the range of his flowers? His consciousness is in those flowers, not in his vessel..."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh, you don't know? Get ready to lose a few screws, then," Hans grinned most widely, with smug anticipation and pride." I was actually the 8th richest person in the empire by last year's  count, I will have you know, counted last year. But in meantime, Damian Riversong, the richest person in the land, died, and seperated his wealth in three parts - so I actually climbed up on a ladder. I am now 6th richest person. But don't worry, it's not like we would be beggars if you spent everything. Like all rich, most of my money is tied to investments and real estate, and I also have separate Management vault for managing daily expenses of mansion and trade deals. I also have couple small Vaults seperated for special purposes, like Charity and Poverty relief. The Family Vault is just a spending vault where we keep excess money I save up. It's important to have liquid money for Tide's allowance, day to day fun, and for sudden investment, like theatre, that eats up a lot. So if you spent all Family vault money, we wouldn't be beggars, we just wouldn't have proper liquid assets for emergencies until I would sell some real estate. Currently Family vault should have about... This much." As lot of his wealth was in property, it indeed wasn't an incomprehensible amount of money, like Riversong family wealth was, but it was still astronomical number.

---

" Indeed, his consciousness is in the pond's flowers. Currently, in order to possess a vessel, he has to constantly pour his energy into it, so his mind, carried in his energy, could inhabit the vessel. But that's just limit of his current way of possession, isn't it? It is like having a lamp to which you co constantly have to pour oil drops to keep it burning... Terribly Inefficient, isn't it? But what if you could make and connect oil container to the lamp? So that, if you fill it, it can burn until oil runs out. Matter of increasing Simbel's range... Is as simple as finding best way to turn vessel made for only immediate pouring of energy into vessel that can stole greater quantity of Simbel's presence, and be able to last with spending energy stored from within vessel, instead of using outside pond presence to constantly pour energy to move the body," Janus explained quietly, watching Svarik's face for change of expression with utmost carefulness."  Little Svarik... Remember the light that always shines inside my bag...? It would be terrible inefficient of me, if I would have to constantly pour sunlight within the pocket dimension... I basically only made a device that can use energy to create sunlight, and I recharge it every  once in a while with outside energy. So we would basically make vessel into similar thing - an object that can store energy White pours in. If he pours in ten minutes worth of energy... He can walk outside of influence of the pond for ten minutes, and his mind would stay in it for ten minutes until his energy within it is spent.... He can simply walk outside of city walls. And... And, coincidentally," creature gulped, adding with gentler,  more compassionate voice." You know Eros and Death can take objects with them through fabric, like letters and food and books? Svarik... That vessel is just a unrotting corpse. It is an object. Eros can just carry it. Now, usually carrying living things is a big no. If he tried to drag things with souls through fabric that quickly, the souls would be terribly torn up. But this is remarkable case, where Simbel's disability aids him. He has no soul to be hurt. What a strange twist of fate it is... To have a solution where his disability of being born without soul or body is benefit, not a misfortune? We would  use the limitation nature put on him for his gain. If we turn his body into storage, he fills it up, and Eros drags the body to different location... It will be just like transporting little oil lamp from one room to other. As long as there's oil to burn within him, he could stay at new location, until oil ruins out... The pond is nothing but an equivalent to big oil storage. Vessel is a lamp. As long as you alter the lamp to be able to store oil instead of instantly spent it on flames, what's stopping a person like Eros to carry the lamp to anywhere he and lamp want to go, little Svarik? If Eros agrees... What would be stopping the lamp, from being carried right here, to the sea, to us - to this room? Sure, it's not perfect, as he can only last as long as oil storage lasts, and needs Eros to transport him... But even if it's  not indefinite, would it not be worth it? "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio nodded faintly. "Okay... I think I will just... sit here, for a moment, I guess."

---

Svarik nodded. "He would surely love to see new places after being stuck in one place for so long. How much energy would fit into the vessel? How long would he be able to be away if charged fully, and what would happen if it runs out before returning to the pond?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
" Oh... Are you okay? Did I actually overwhelm you again? I thought you run out of things to be overwhelmed by at this point, really, " Spirit straightened up a little, and shifted, patting at freed space on the couch to invite Senecio to come over and sit next to him. " Do you need anything, to calm down? " he asked gently. " We can snacks directly from the kitchen if you'd like specific snacks. Or would some of your favorite cookies do? I stocked up on some of those nice vanilla scones you liked at the tea party today just in case, before we went on the trip, in case you get peckish while we're at sea, would you like a couple?" he said, and he reached for his infinite bag, and from it, he pulled out a neatly wrapped box of vanilla scones, and offered one to the actor, hoping to distract him from overwhelming thoughts with something he likes.

---

" Nothing bad will happen if it runs out - like the light of the lamp that goes out of oil would just go out. It is just a vessel, after all. All would happen is that he would get a feeling he can control things less and get a sleepy feeling, and when it runs out, his consciousness would fade and return fully to the pond, and his body would go limp and fall, and you'd just have to return it to the pond to fill it up again. Pretty harmless. As for other questions... I guess it's easier to understand to just show you my research. Give me a moment, " he said, and he neatly finished the last napkin rose, and gently placed it in a gift box, before he stood up and reached for the pocket dimension of his bag that was on the side of the table. From it, he pulled out an old sizeable chest that had some Old Lowlandian label written on it and put it on the floor between them. When he opened it, Svarik could see that it was stacked full with old parchments, and packed full of both old Lowlandian and rune texts all over it. Some parchments were quite frailer and old, some were younger - it seemed it was a carefully meticulous research that went on and off for a long while. " I am an expert on mechanics, not organics, like Riversong, so when I was a God, the original idea I had while contemplating how White Gardener's disabilities could be tackled was to create an intricate mechanical vessel, and design and carve energy-storing runes on all limbs of the mechanisms - to create an artificial body that he could use. Naturally, organic bodies will always feel better and more authentic, so we can just skip making of vessel part, and just go straight for turning the organic vessel he already owns into storage. We can use runes from my original concept, but instead of carving runes on mechanical metal bodies, we can just carve runes to the body he has, in the form of tattoos, on different limbs, and he can hide them with clothes. If you have the right tools and basic rune knowledge, it's not even that hard todo the carving, following my schematics. Even your little Zephir could do it... You just need to develop just the right runes, to be able to maximize efficiency, " he spoke more brightly, despite his previous nervousness, not able to hide his passion while showing Svarik his diagrams, and speaking of the development process. " Singers and Listeners can naturally change the world, by singing or playing directly to move the fabric... but developing runic language can also change the fabric, as runes are, in their core, written music notes of unsung songs, of people that understand the world deeply, but can't Sing. Coming up with new runes is like writing poetry, to the world. You need great knowledge of how and why the world works as it does, to be able to come up with new runes and combine them in the most efficient ways, and there's a lot of trial and error. Take this version, for example. This is the first draft of runes I came up with, after a couple of months of research on the matter, " he explained while pulling out one of the oldest yellowed parchments, full of scribbles and corrections. "The first version I made could only fit enough energy for 20 minutes at most. It was too inefficient to even consider worth presenting, but it was the best I could do for the first try while using runes I made previously for a device for storing energy as the base. So I kept refining it a bit now and then, when I'd make breakthroughs in rune research or when I'd get more free time to rearrange existing material. This... in the final version I made, a couple of years before... well, before I stopped being a God, " he coughed, and very carefully and shyly, he extended to Svarik the newest, tidiest written single sheet of parchment, with neatest handwriting. " Given the current level of even my technology, not world technology, it would be hard to refine it further than this. I count energy stored basically by lengths of time possession can last outside of the pond's influence, so rather than quantity of energy, I count it by the time he can be away. Uhm... this last, most upgraded version, when he charges the vessel fully, can give him 12 hours, 24 minutes, and 36 seconds away from the pond. I was trying my best to squeeze more out of it, but at this point, at best it would be a matter of maybe shaving off ten more seconds or so, even if I put more time. It is as good as it can be done, with a human-sized vessel. It could only be extended further if the vessel was bigger, so of bigger storage capacity, but this is the most for a human-sized one. Larger the vessel, higher energy is needed to fill it, though, so when all is considered, I concluded human sized vessel is still best size, and size where most of human based activities can be enjoyed,  so that is  the size I worked to refine runes for, anyway. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio sat down and smiled. "No, sorry, I'm just being theatric. Well, that and also trying to reevaluate everything about the concept of money and affordable things in my head really quick. Don't really feel like having a scone after the big fancy dinner we just had with Tide, but let me try..." he paused and said, with obvious intent towards the room: "A cup of jasmine tea, no honey."

---

"I think he would adore every hour he gets," Svarik said. "I'm sorry to digress again, but can Iask about the timeline, so that I undersand better when I talk to him? You planned this while you were both worshipped a gods, but then you got imprisoned and when you were freed, the Empire was already worshipping the Bull and he was forgotten?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
As he said so, on the table right next to the couch, tea appeared. As made teas were probably kept close to the fire, they still looked steaming. Since he didn't specify what kind of cup he needed, the room seemed to have pulled one of the more basic, simple white cups Senecio knew was usually used for guests.

---

" I... know it may seem like 12 hours are quite great, compared to no hours... but I wasn't satisfied. 12 hours do sound nice, in combination with Eros that can take him to have fun anywhere on the continent for 12 hours... but without Eros, it would just be giving him 12 hours to go sightseeing around city walls. It was much work for me, but it doesn't appear much on the surface... It might be enough to approach a friend and toss it as a gift... But it can't be enough to approach an enemy with, in the hope of winning him over. The risks were too great... How do you think it would look? A deceptive Demon, who took over an elder cult and was using it for who knows what evil purposes, approached you, and tried to lure you into a sinister deal, using temptations of a new body to trick you into falling into his clutches? I'd be happy if he didn't get immediately hostile, " the creature murmured pitifully. " Every time he would send me bread, I'd indulge in hopeful thoughtful... But what I could give him was just not that great yet, to offset the revelation I was a Demon. Understand, I was indeed international, Elder God of old, and he was a newer and more local God, tied to the Pond.... But my cult was always more secular and belief in it was more regular, as I only dealt with sick and misfortunate of specific kind, and making prosthetics and tools... I was more a center of Learning, than religion. White Gardener appealed to many, and even when in conflict with Kings, people all over content would come to pilgrimage to him... He was truly a great God, with great trust of his believers... I could not make him my enemy, because at that time, in any confrontation between us, he would be easy to win, and I didn't want to be forced to run and leave my humans, just because I got a little greedy, " he sighed, and paused a little, before adding shyly. " And... at the end, before I got any chance to meet him, my humans, not him... became the end of me. By the time I got uncorrupted... empire already existed for seven hundred years, and there was only the Bull left. I... My timing was somewhat unfortunate. Usually, Tide would care for souls, and by the time they were ready, Hans would clothe them with a body with his Song. But I was the first soul that was ready... after Hans was tortured and rescued. He was a bit better at the time, and he tried to bring me back... but Singing was too painful and harmful to him. He pushed through, out of spite, to prove that he could still perform his kingly duties to Tide. He didn't want to stop mid-song and have to give up saving me, even if it was tearing his soul up... He was injured deeply, and was on the verge of death and weak like a kitten for months afterward.  Tide made Hans promise he would not Sing again until they both knew it was safe. I have never known Hans the Singer... only Hans as he is now. And what I have seen of the two of them in the first few months colored the following 289 years I have lived, until today. I worked restlessly, for their Kingdom, which was unsafe and at risk after Hans fell from grace. I had to make it worth their while... for working so hard to bring one more soul back, and being in misfortune, that last soul they saved was a dud like me, " Being explained quietly. Instead of an explanation of the timeline, his words more seemed like an apology - an apology for not helping starved pond God sooner. It seemed he misunderstood Svarik's question. " It is not like I had no some hope, for White Gardener to be alive. He has a mind, but no body and soul, so he would be more resilient than us regular folk... But Hans felt nothing there, while he was imprisoned, only the darkness of the Thief and the Crypt. So... I didn't want to hope and be disappointed, and we could not do anything, anyway, with the Emperor's eyes always upon us. We only found out for sure that he was still somehow alive 3 years ago... but it was very hard time for us, as we could not move much, because Tarmagil hated, and tormented us, trying to find someone to blame for the empire's state, other than himself. It... it was very hard, 3 years ago, you understand... Tarmagil took the children of the city, and we couldn't do anything. Hans did not sleep for weeks, crying and reading through lawbooks until his eyes were red, looking for loopholes... but there was nothing for him to find. Religion was... above any Law he tried to pull from, "the creature shook his head sadly. " We were.. in too much trouble, 3 years ago, to try to do anything, about White Gardener. It was enough to know he was uncovered by then, for a start, and that he had sunlight to eat. Besides, it was quite dangerous, to try to approach him with no precautions. We had no way of knowing how hostile and how changed he could be after thousands of years of being abandoned, covered, and starved. It was too risky to draw Tarmagil's attention, over someone who may just go against us, if he finds out who we are. And that frightening old man was looking for anyone to either blame, or to use, and we had no idea if he'd call White a heresy, like Eros, or want to use him to cover up Bull's weakness before public, as he used the Vampires, and take advantage of him. We were dealt a really bad hand... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio watched the cup for a moment before he took it and sipped from it. "Okay, I have a dozen of questions about how this works, but I guess that can wait. I've had enough information for now, I just want to enjoy some tea and a bath. How are you feeling?"

---

"It's alright," Svarik said. "I just wanted to know the order in which things happened, in case he would ask. So what is the third option that you thought about for him?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I feel a bit better already... I guess I was just a little overwhelmed too... For a while now, I felt like you were technically listening to me, but not accepting my words emotionally, especially after I first brought up human adoption... It felt good, to finally be heard. It's as if you were technically letting me play house until now, but only accepted my words as serious, and not a play, today. Of course, I'd give you all the time you need to accept things... it was just a pleasant surprise, that my words finally traveled from your ears, into that cute silly head, " Hans grinned, with a soft content expression, sinking deeper into the couch. " I am better, really... Just still a little overwhelmed when I reflect on it all. Would you like us to call blankets first, or would you like to go take a bath first? I can feel Tide is currently... hm, lighting up candles around the bathroom. There are too many candles, he's overdoing it for a cute atmosphere, so unless you want over 100 candles as you bath, you should probably stop the cute overzealous bastard about now. Would you like me and Tide to start building the fort until you get back, or should we wait for you and focus on stacking up on sweets instead? I mean, I am not forcing you to send away Tide, in case you're planning something steamy, " he made sure to reassure him. " I'm just saying that it didn't seem to me like you two had plans of such kind today, so I just want to know what you'd prefer the two of us to do while we wait for you. "

---

" Let's see... what would be the best metaphor... Ah, yes. Building him a pot to grow in. He's currently a wild plant, growing all over the place. even if you carefully dug him up, he'd die since you'd damage his roots too much, and normally, you just can not properly dig up something the size of the city without destroying the city fully, right? But if you build a large enough pot for him, he can just grow in a pot, and if he needs to move, you can move the pot, " the creature explained readily. "It's not as simple to move, as he is so massive, but it works on the same principle. Pot, the size of the city. You know I can make pocket dimensions, right? Normally, I make a dimension and keep it always closed, and only open it when I put things in it. But what if we make a pocket dimension, partially pull Simbel and pond and all his roots in it - but at the same time just keep the dimension always open? It would not technically change anything in the city as it is... everything would look the same. You'd just have that safety net. If the city falls... you won't have to leave Simbel behind. He'll never be abandoned and left to starve alone again, "the creature replied more firmly, and Svarik could see behind his eyes, the deep compassion for the abandoned White, that gave the creature the courage, to offer all of this. " If the city falls, or you think Simbel is about to die - you can just close the pocket dimension, and once it closes, it will pull everything of him - all his roots, pond water, and stones, his house, too and ground around it, if you choose to.... it will be a giant pocket dimension specifically fine-tuned for only one item, Simbel. And then, once he's safe in a pocket dimension, you guys just have to all run, and seek a place to plant him again. True, it's not perfect, as you may cause some property damage to the city if the ground without roots below caves in partially, and you would have to find a fitting place to plant him again, with enough space freed so his roots can spread, and to do it properly, you would need the assistance of either me, or a Star level skilled creature, at least. But, if you had this precaution, as long as you don't leave him in a closed pocket dimension without food too long before replanting him, he will live, even if you replant him multiple times. As long as you make sure to do it gently enough for him to recover every time you do, you will always have a chance to save him and take him, or pull him inside the pocket dimension to hide him before enemies throw a final strike, without having to resort to abandoning him or seeing him die in front of you. He would be safe in the pocket dimension until you open it to let him outside. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Yeah, not really in the mood today," Senecio admitted. "I'd actually prefer t be alone for a while, so if you can start on the pillow fort with Tide, I will join you later. But remember, 300 blankets at least," he smiled. He got up and took the cup of tea to enjoy in the bath. Then he paused. "Wait a minute... I can leave the cup here and then ask for it from the bathroom, right?"

---

"That seems like a really extreme measure, and really difficult to build," Svarik said. "I would like to think that such measures won't be necessary, at least for many years if not ever. What do you think, objectively, is the chance that we will need it within a couple of years? Because it's not a deal I can really accept with clear conscious unless you are healed and not starving anymore."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh, are you finally being corrupted by the greatest of all powers, the power of convenience? " Spirit laughed heartily and made a dramatic wave. " Just leave it at the table, and have it appear when you feel like in the bathroom, my littlest pie. The only way it wouldn't appear when you ask for it from the bathroom is if I threw it out of the window right after you leave, and tempting as it is to prank you with the pettiest mischief, I'll behave today, I promise, " creature winked, his gaze still soft and warm, despite his tease. " So, off you go, and take that bath. Unwind a bit, I'll keep Tide busy, setting the foundation for our glorious fortress. I will only listen in every once in a while to make sure you're breathing properly and don't fall asleep by accident because it's too comfortable there, okay? Other than that, take as long time for yourself as you feel like... When I think about it, ever since everything happened, you didn't have a moment to take for yourself and were always with some of us, so some time for yourself is long overdue. Recharge properly, and get back to us once you do, deal? "

---

" I... to be honest, this isn't exactly how I imagined negotiations to go. Is this just how you do it... or is it how young people talk these days? Isn't this the part where you should insist I do all I can, and I list to you the arguments why it would be quite hard, and we meet in the middle? How can we meet in the middle, if you keep stepping back? Am I... that out of touch, with how things are done nowadays? " Demon blinked a bit, as if confused. " To be honest, it is hardest of all options... it requires direct and active use of my power, and makes me hungriest and weakest, of course. But aren't the next few years the most dangerous ones? Years, until peace with the Spirit Kingdom and Tide's kingdom is negotiated and established, are blank years... Years before Solstice grows up some more and officially takes the Crown. If you ask me, if I think the city will fall to humans in the next few centuries, it's extremely unlikely, but Beings, I can not tell, because the Spirit realm is an incredibly unpredictable place, in my opinion. Most people are relatively decent, but Demon hunters are overzealous... if they are to strike, isn't the best timing while Death is most ill, and Solstice is a child? I am not saying it will definitely happen... but if there's one percent chance... why do you believe so earnestly in 99 percent, and not fear the terror of the 1? " there was an incredibly sorrowful note in the creature's expression, and its ears dropped low. " I also, believed in 99 percent certainty, that there's no way humans would dare to hurt a God... Stop worshipping him, sure, but imprison and torture? It is unheard of sin... and look, where that belief in 99 percent got me. Do you share my flaw, too? Is that why you are so unafraid? Because you deep down believe Demon Hunters will have to give up on their wrath if they have a chance to see how genuinely wonderful Erdel and Simbel are? " Being asked hoarsely. " Just like how you hoped in vain, that your enemies in the capital will have to stop eventually if you plead with them enough, if you say the right things if they truly see you would forgive them if they showed regret and made peace? For ten years, I hoped, like a complete fool... if only I built them enough things, if war is won and their kingdom is safe ... if I keep being obedient and showing them I'd forgive them.... they will surely let me go eventually. They are good people at heart... they were just desperate. I knew they were good. I saw them all grow up.  They were such lovely children... they will see the error of their ways if I just give them time and chance. The king, whom I have seen grow up from the time when he was just a tiny sweet bundle of joy, wrapped in blankets... The king who held onto my robes, as he was learning to walk... The child king, for whom I was building toys... the adult king, who used to pick fruit for me himself from royal gardens, and would call me his friend... Surely... it is just a temporary failing out of fear for his land, isn't it? He'll surely let me go, right? I believed in their goodness earnestly, with the firmest determination. I... believed in his goodness, so firmly, unshaken by reality, that it took me ten years to realize that he was never going to let me out of that cold, dark place. You... you can't do that, Svarik. You can't pour your heart and hopes into people who will choose violence first, regardless if  they seem like good people deep down. As I told you... White Eagle was righteous and had a wonderful sincere heart, and I admired him... but he would have definitely still killed me. The Hunters will not randomly, without any reason, just suddenly see Simbel who is a shadow of the White Eagle, soulless and bodiless, as a person, and not a pond as they did not so far, and they won't see Erdel as a person, too, unless you beat them up to a pulp, and force them to listen first, and maybe not even then, " he shook his head heavily, as he added. " I... I could very well be overzealous in my preparations, I admit that. If you think I am wrong, it's okay to refuse me. I won't force you. But what if I am right? Do you want to be the person that one day has to say sad things, like - if only I wasn't that considerate to that Being, I wouldn't have to watch my Sil Simbel die? If only I pushed for that deal, even though it wasn't that healthy for him, Simbel would still be alive. I... don't want me to be the one pushing you. I just don't want to be a source of your misfortune, just because I was too tempted to say no... Nobody likes to be hungry or in pain. But there are much worse things... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Only with Hans's words, Senecio realized that it was actually true, and hasn't really had a moment to himself for a long time. "Okay," he nodded. "Thank you. I'll send Tide to meet you in my room," he said, and went to the bathroom to stop it from being overtaken by candles."

---

Svarik closed his eyes, trying to supress memories that resurfaced with the mention of desperate pleadding with people who chose violence. He sighed. "No, I don't think this is how deals are normally negotiated. We exchanged the sides, didn't we? You are arguing for my sake and I'm arguing for yours. But still, maybe we can find a middle to meet in. You want me to accept the deal, don't you? And I would like to accept the first two offers first. The third one I can accept only after our defenses are as good as possible. We're not going to run at the first sign of danger to the city. We're going to fight. The third offer is a last resort, and it wouldn't be good to not have anything else than that. So if we do the other things first, that gives me some time to try to fulfill my part of the deal, right? Maybe less time than I would like, but still I hope it wouldn’t for nothing, and that you don't suffer from hunger when working on the last part. Is that an acceptable middle ground to you?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Indeed, Tide was quite overdoing it. The air was warm and the bath was full of stream and soft bubbles, flower petals, and wonderful soothing scents, but likewise, the creature was currently lighting up quite too many candles. The room was already cozy and full of their gentle light, but he, who was overzealous, was bubbly and all the more ready to add more. Once he was caught, he was embarrassed and timid, and hesitant to stop, but once he was convinced it was indeed, quite enough, he finally gave in and shyly ordered the room to take away the big heap of still unlit candles that were placed at the side table.

---

" That's better... Currently with no deals, your chances are frighteningly low, because your most skilled fighter, Simbel, is too limited by his range, and would falter either when the fight goes too high in the air, or too close to the city walls... And with no backup to call, like Alpha, you are in too much danger. So, first two deals... and as well, you need to get Erdel a sword. Your two strongest fighters need special swords. Simbel's sword is most compatible with White Eagle's swordsmanship, so Erdel needs a new one for himself, that won't break. I am not saying I will build him a sword without moral limits put on it... That would be as insane as if we built Grendel or Death swords without any limits that would have them keep working if they lose their moral compass. I am thinking about maybe copying the same Ego runic system I developed for Death's sword, into Erdel's sword... what do you think? I think that would have proper limits, and be fit for protection-based creature. I am not bragging, but me and Solstice worked on Death's sword in equal measure, to make it as great as it is... Solstice took care of things that require refining raw power, so I won't be able to match that part on my own, unfortunately... but I did develop the Ego of the sword, so that part would be authentic. Anyway, with it, you wouldn't have to worry about the sword breaking, and also, you wouldn't have to worry about Erdel, like, destroying the country if he gets corrupted and is still able to use the sword... It would have been disastrous, too, if Death got corrupted and lost his mind, but would have still been able to use his sword instinctively... that's why me and Solstice chose to build that safety net, for it to stop being useable in certain conditions. Erdel would need such restraints too, but if you take care of him, you shouldn't be afraid, " the creature explained gently. He seemed embarrassed, as he added shyly. " So, with first two deals, and the sword... and if Simbel trains little vampires to support him well... your chances rise from zero to about 80 percent. So, those are chances... I can be calmer with. With those chances, I can give you some time to... do research, if anything can be done.. about me. But.. do not wait for too long, okay? I don't like to suffer, sure... but please, do not be more considerate to me, than you are of your friends, " the creature smiled shyly. " As until now, I'll be transparent... I... am a dry stone you can't squeeze blood from. If I tried to make that large pocket dimension at once... My soul would shatter, and I would die. So, with my current health, the only solution would be to start making a pocket dimension process at the site of the pond... and then make the dimension a little bit wider, each time I come to the capital, and only technically connect it to Simbel once it's fully built. So, dripping drops, to fill a glass. Inefficient.. but the only way that I would be able to do it. It wouldn't be too taxing of me if I did it once a week for centuries... but you don't have centuries. I did calculations, what would be the minimum time without me dying? If I would make it a little bigger once a week, for a year... I could pull through. I won't sugarcoat it. It's regrettable, but each time I widen the dimension, I would need about ten days' worth of food... to offset the rebound on my soul of doing too much too quickly. So that's the worst part... but in this distribution of time, I could do it. I'd just be... in a moderate amount of pain from overdoing it and would grow quite ill and weak. When I was just reborn, my soul was unsteady and my body frail and in pain, and I had to use staff to walk for a long time... So, I'd probably have to use an aid to walk again... but that is okay. I can still take care of and teach the children, even if I am a little slow and unwell. My only baseline of refusal is death. I... do not want to miss time, with children, and with Senecio. Who will raise the children properly, if I am gone? Hans wouldn't let them starve, but he doesn't have the emotional energy to spare, to do it properly, or dreams to give them, so I can not die... And the theatre is filled with too many scary people, I can't leave Senecio there alone, with no one to make him tea when he is anxious. Everything else is alright. So... you don't have to feel too bad if we have to do the third option. Me being quite ill for a year, and taking some time to recover in the following years, will never be an equivalent loss to Sil Simbel dying. Never. As long as I am alive, even if it takes a long time... I can just work hard to get better again. It might have been somewhat barren, but it was still life of my choosing, and I have lived it for a long time... but Simbel and Erdel... and you. You barely had time to live freely at all, " he smiled frailly as if trying to reassure him with a heart on his sleeve. " It is a moral duty of adults... to make sure children, with long lives ahead of them, are as safe as possible. So, do not be too sad if your conscience in how you treat me can not be fully clear, okay? I will be satisfied... if you do not make me go through the same mistake, of sacrificing myself for a violent person, twice. It is my duty as an adult, to look out for your interest, so the path you walk is less thorny... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Senecio told Tide that Hans is waiting for him in his room and that they can start building a pillow fort- When Tide left, he extinguished a few more candles and sent them away, to make the light a bit dimmer. He then undressed and slipped into the bath, taking a moment to just breathe and relax. Then he called for the tea and sipped it sowly, enjoying the calm and silence.

---

"You're really bargaining hard," Svarik shook his head. "Okay, how about this: you give me a month before you start doing that. In that month, I will talk to Simbel and Riversong and try to get them to devise a way how to help you before you start straining yourself for our sake like that."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Hans kept his promise, and he and Tide focused on starting the pillow fortress while waiting for the actor, giving him however long he needed.

---

" A month... sounds doable. It; 's not too little time for it to seem like I'm not giving you any space, and it's not long enough to give me regret of not having started sooner. So... if other deals are accepted, I guess I can be generous enough to wait with the doing third one for a month, " Janus bemused at the strange situation - but still, despite his words, he seemed to feel a little freer, and warmed up, with the unusual backward way of negotiating for each other's sake. " But the deal for a sword and the second deal need to be done as soon as possible, little Svarik. I dread, thinking about, how Simbel is currently protecting the little vampires all on his own - without any good range to fight, and even without his sword, having borrowed it to Erdel... what if something happened today? It just won't do, " he insisted gently still. " The second deal... is an especially unfortunate affair. When we take away the moral dilemma of what Simbel would do with increased power, in terms of how hard the second deal is for me to do, it's the easiest thing. Coming up with the runes was a hard and grueling process... but just carving them following the schematics I made? Very easy. If you brought me his vessel, I could probably do the carvings in an hour, with my eyes closed... I have browsed through them enough to know them by heart by now. But I understand matters of trust are complicated. I feel it is a pity, that my origin limits us so... that because I am a Demon, I can not just simply make a quick job of it - so you can see Sil Simbel tomorrow, and show him the sea. I understand if it would be much trust to ask for. But I would feel bad if he refused this deal out of lack of trust. I could do it in an hour, but as long as he follows the schemes, that little Singer you have at the capital, Zephir, could also probably do the rune carvings in maybe ten hours or so. It shouldn't be too hard for anyone with basic rune knowledge, and I heard the child even has tattoing experience, so it should be even easier. So, what I mean to say... I am not exactly chasing the glory and credit, you see? Even for Death's sword, everyone thinks Solstice forged it on his own... we judged it's safer for a weak Being like me, to not have credit for such famous work, so Solstice would often help me, and cover up for me when something needed to be done, but it would be easier if the source of knowledge wasn't known. So, what I mean to say... you don't exactly have to give me credit, you know? Yopu can just send him the schematics and say you made a deal with someone to get them, " he watched Svarik's expression timidly as he suggested. " I... care for results above all. Not being hated would be lovely, I won't lie... But there's nothing worse than working hard, and not making a positive difference. I'd rather Sil Simbel be safe as soon as possible than chase a petty thing as credit or thankfulness. Thougth of him, on his own in the capital, without any backup, sword, or range to fight with, as he is right now, just makes me quite pensive. That's why I wanted to have this talk about Simbel at your earliest convenience and told Erdel to call you today in the first place, so the second deal can be made without needless hurdles. Results are the most important... "
1 ... 165166167168169170171 ... 180