Senecio adn Tide II

1 ... 130131132133134135136 ... 179

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I don't want to hide all the time. I've had to hide for so long and now I have a chance for a change and I'm still hiding. If he already knows who I am, maybe it would be better to just tear the bandage off quickly instead of prolonging it."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide smiled pleasantly with that, with a soft feeling.
" If you feel like it's too much, you can always ask me to borrow you my mask and cloak, despite your current resolution, okay? " he reassured him still. " I am glad, though, that you're making an effort to make things more casual. Things would indeed be strange if two of our personifications were awkward with each other when nothing really bad happened between them. It would be good for Eros to see someone like himself since he knew no other Personifications until now, " he offered his hand to Death a little shyly. " Can I pick you up and carry you there, then, if you're ready? It's not really far through the air. I'll need but one big jump to get us to the garden. Senecio and Hans went to pick up the cake while I was coming here, so they should be arriving just about now, too. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I've got the book and cookies, so we can go now," Death said.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide nodded, and he carefully reached for him and picked him up, looking contented for some reason. Since the window was open, he walked toward it, and jumped high in the air, holding Death carefully to his chest, so the creature's neck would not hurt from the sudden movement. He glided down and landed slowly and softly into the garden, which was full of glowing floating blue lanterns and looked rather beautiful and soothing under the early stars.

There seemed to be a sitting area with the fireplace ready at the clearing, but people that prepared it didn't seem to be present there right now - all but one. It was Eros, who must have stayed there waiting for them. He seemed slightly surprised as they landed, though, since they entered his field of perception. His surprise seemed to come from the fact that, just like Tide, he did not expect to perceive Death's emotions, as he expected the wounded Spirit to wear a mask. His gaze went instinctively to Death's face, and their eyes met.

" The... the housewarming dinner is about to start, " he whispered, clearing his throat, as if unsure how he is expected to act and speak in an unexpected situation. " I stayed in the garden to make sure to lead you two. Everyone else is already upstairs. Before the garden party starts we are to eat upstairs, give congratulations on their new home and give housewarming presents. I, I assume Tide already said as much. Janus just wanted me to make sure to explain it to all the visitors. He likes when things are polite and orderly... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"He didn’t tell me that," Death murmured, looking at Tide. "I don't have a present. You said I'll be able to sit in a corner and read."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Oh, don't worry, it's just a formality. It's a part of the housewarming experience. In the room, too, you have a separate armchair to eat cookies at while others eat prepared meals, so you can observe as you wished. Presents are a formality, too, I prepared yours, too. I will be giving the kids a card game set so they can play, and you are giving another card game set I prepared, that way they have two cute games to choose from. Isn't that neat?"
" It really is not a big thing. I am pretty sure Janus is pleased with the housewarming ritual because it gives an opportunity for kids to receive gifts," Eros clarified a little shyly, and added, probably because he sensed Death's uncertainty." If you are uncomfortable with giving a premade gift, you can always give some small simple blessing. I am going to give  the children blessings as well. It is possible for me to give them something useful because their bond with Janus has built up lot of trust."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I don't know them well enough for a blessing," Death said, now with a shade of doubt uf he should have come here at all. "Card game is fine."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide chuckled a little with the reaction.
" Come on, why so serious? It's just a cute little party, nothing to fret about," Demon said brightly, knowing Death is anxious, but not seeming to see too big a difference in the situation. " And see, I picked up the really cute lovely card game from my colour coded collection for you, " he proclaimed as he took out a pack carefully with one hand and put it on Death's lap, as he carried him still. It was a pack using the glittering violet colour for the foundation. " It has lovely art, and its colour matches your eyes! Isn't it a very cute pick? My card game pack has a dark blue foundation with light blue highlights. Isn't giving colour coded gifts just really cute? "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"If you say so..." Death said, having no opinion about color coded gifts. "Alright, I'll go."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Awesome, " Tide grinned, indeed, seeming in an infectiously good mood right now - at least judging by Eros's gentle expression at his enthusiastic proclamation.
" Of course... I'll lead you to others then, " he nodded, waving his hand for the demon to follow. He led them up the stairs to the attic level. He knocked on the door of one of the apartments and then they entered it, to find a big table set for everyone. It was full of food, but people did not start to eat yet, as they were waiting for the last two guests. Right now, they seemed to have begun with gift-giving. First were Falcon and Hans, who naturally both decided on the money as a gift - one gave it in a simple jewellery box, while the other in a decorated piggy bank.
Right now, the focus of the room though seemed to be a flamboyant tall clad in black Star-Demon Alpha, sitting at one side of the table next to the kids, who took a ribbon that used to be wrapped around the piggybank and dramatically dissolved it into a thread that floated and glistened through the air and used it to embroider three handkerchiefs for the children on the spot. It was a clear casual flamboyant act. though how much was it done for pure heck of showing off, and how much to make sure their last guests aren't in the uncomfortable centre of attention, it was hard to guess.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Death just kept behind Tide, and when the demon presented his gift, he followed without saying anything.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide grinned a little, as it seemed he found his behaviour cute. He did shield him, though, readily, both physically and by drawing attention to himself, being the one who talked with the kids and congratulated them heartily in both of theirs names. Alpha peeked over Tide's shoulder briefly with a mischievous smile before he grinned more widely, took both card games in his hands, and began showing card tricks.

As he was doing that, Tide waved his hand to Death and lightly nudged him, helping him to the armchair that was by the fireplace in the living room - it was but a little away from the feast table, but far enough so that he could observe others without feeling overwhelmed. As Death sat down, he took a blanket from the side, covered the Spirit, and made sure he was comfortable, action coming naturally to him.

Maybe because he seemed so casual about it, and because they were prepared, there didn't seem to be any noticeable commotion among the guests. Alpha was theatrically entertaining the others with flashy card tricks that were definitely done by cheating with his powers, and even Janus who was but a little pale, was quiet. The antsy demon seemed a little unsure, but it seemed to be as much because of Death as because of the presence of many people around him in general, as he was unused to being in crowds. But not counting occasional short glances at Death, his expression seemed softened with quiet contenetement as he observed kids' reactions at unexpected gifts. It seemed to be a part of the ceremony he was rather placated by and enjoyed.

Kids received money from the most, card games from Tide and Death, the promise of flight in the garden from shy little Xia, embroidered handkerchiefs from Alpha, and in the end, they received a gift from Eros, who, with just as shy smile as Xia, timidly gave a blessing as a gift.
" I've been thinking what would be the best gift in the circumstances... I can't give the strongest blessings since a lot of things are still fluid between you, but I can give you this... I've seen that you've built them all danger whistles, Janus, so they can blow them to alert you if they are in danger nearby. But it's not enough for you to quite not worry, is it? How about this - I can give them the blessing that as long as they think intently of you with intention of calling you, even if they don't say anything, you'll realize it and feel pull toward them. Is that alright? "

Janus thought about it for a moment and asked the children if they are alright with it, and once they agreed, he agreed as well, and while Eros was patting kids heads to give them the promised blessing, Janus carefully filled the wine cups, one for every guest there, so they could have a toast - and only for Death, who was ill, and for kids and Xia, who were underage or barely of age, he filled the glasses with grape juice.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Death took the cup and stood up for the toast like the rest of the guests. Then he sat back into his chair while they had dinner and he was content to eat cookies and watch, feeling comfortable in the company where he was left to himself.

After the dinner, Senecio casually started a conversation with the king about the upcoming play, presenting the ideas they had.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
As Senecio broke the ice, Hans also tied in on the conversation, with more timid hesitancy that he, admittedly, tried to keep in check. Along with Senecio, he explained to the king how they thought it would be fun if they made a comedy in which Bull took a liking to Svarik, and has been protecting him all the time during his hard times, always getting in troubles and getting beaten up in his stead, while Svarik would cluelesly hop around without realising half of it. They also said that, if they agree, that they thought it would be nice if Tide could play the Bull character, while Hans plays some small Being role too. Tide heard about this for the first time, and he was taken aback but interested, nervous about being on the stage, but pleasantly surprised about such a role where he could support main character, Senecio, inquiring about it curiously. Melody also seemed to surprisingly love the idea, encouraging Tide and giving him suggestions and tips on how to overcome nervousness.

As they spoke, Janus cut the delicious Being cake Senecio and Hans brought before, making sure to give everyone an equal slice, contented to focus on maximizing the success of his housewarming party. He also seemed more content watching Alpha entertain the kids and Xia with various tricks, as he apparently took the role of self proclaimed babysitter so the children wouldn't be nervous in the company of adults. As everyone ate the delicious dessert, even Xia and Emmet that were more self conscious seemed to relax in the peculiar environment.

The most surprising combination of the dinner seemed to be Falcon and Eros, though. Unexpectedly, the two people seemed to get along rather well, and as others spoke of play, the two of them seemed to have a blast talking quietly with each other. It was surreal to see Conrad friendly with a stranger like that, especially someone with powers like that, but it was rather nice to see him in uncharacteristically good moon like that. Everyone seemed to be getting along actually, and it seemed harder not to get along, when quiet pleasant celebratory feeling was in the air, and smells of tasty food was lazily spreading around the room.

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik didn’t reply at the question about including Bull as a character at once, taking some time to think about it. "I like it," he said finally, "but I don't like the part where he gets beaten instead of me. I don't like the idea of someone getting beaten instead of me in general, but it also wouldn’t look good if he's shown as weak enough to get beaten, and if he's hurt because of me."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" We need to have some consequences for his choices, though. It would be too boring if he is omnipotent and doesn't need to struggle anyhow to help you. It needs to feel like he's making a genuine effort... Plus, if there are no consequences for him, priests may not feel offended enough to respond fiercely enough for you to change the law of free speech," Hans dared to reply a little nervously." Wouldn't it be hard to invest if he can just easily solve every your problem? I was thinking along the lines that he is technically all powerful, but wants to hide his identity among humans, so he can't use his power not to be recognised. Then we can give him one overpowered scene where he snaps and shows he is actually strong. He would just have to be comic relief for a while before that..."

" I don't mind being comic relief," Tide chipped in readily." But I don't want Svarik to be uncomfortable about someone being beaten up and troubled for him. It doesn't really have to be comedy? We can have a slice of life work, too. Lot of fluff and cute scenes. Svarik is terribly adorable and sugary," he spoke enthusiastically, honest as always." I think it's naturally believable anyone would love him. I never met real Bull, of course, but who would not like Svarik? I think it would be cute too to just have insanely low stake of Bull waving his fingers and having soldiers dance in circles so he and Svarik could rest and casually chill while cooking dinner. It would be cute seeing strong huge Bull fawn over such tiny and cute cheerful  human."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"That's... a bit too much," Svarik murmured. "I liked the idea of him getting into trouble and being a bit comical in that. Just not to the point of getting beaten, that's all."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Well... it would be fun if he always got the short end of the stick, but okay, no beating, " Hans nodded slowly, thinking up solutions. " I think he should suffer, though. Since he will try to shelter and protect Svarik to an absurdly doting degree, we have to have some emotional turmoil and consequences for him, to see that he really cares about Svarik and keeps sticking to him even if he creates work for him and gets him into trouble. Even if he were made powerful, he needs to show he's anxious if Svarik will be alright and worried if he'll protect him... "

" Why not use his strength to make it funny? " Tide asked, enthusiastic that he can share something he knows of. " I don't know if Bull is a Demon or Sprit - but hey, why not use the idea that he is so strong he's worried his frail human will die all the time? It's just so easy to kill someone. Like, you can kill someone even if you hug him too tightly, i's anxious unless you're good at the control and practised a lot. Especially with humans. They are seriously frail to an absurd point. If Bull can easily kill anyone and has killed enemies of the empire his whole life, what if he doesn't know to control his strength to interact with people? So, during the whole play he's anxious and always in panic if he's accidentally hurt Svarik, or if his enemies will kill him, or if he'll die if wind blows too hard. I was often afraid like that, I'm sure I'll be able to show it in play. "

" We could go with the vibe that he's not physically compromised, just that he's always on the edge of his nerves worrying since Svarik has so many enemies and he always has to work to keep him safe, " Hans smiled bit faintly at Tide's words. " Through that, we can also have him not fight directly with anyone for most of the time, because, besides wanting to keep his identity, he is too strong and doesn't want to hurt people of the empire he established, especially now that he wants to make Svarik king and they are Svarik's future people. "

" Are we ending the play with coronation? " Tide kept asking relentlessly, with excited voice. " Since focus is on relationship between the two, should we make a hug emotional payoff? I was thinking, what if Bull really wants to hug Svarik, but is gathering courage to do it ever since he knew him as a kid, since he's afraid to hurt him? So, at coromation, he finally gathers resolve, and hugs him in the main hall, before crowning him for the world? Come on, guys, " he grinned with little blush. " I'm fine with whole lot of comedy and if Svarik wasn't, I'd be fine getting pretend-beaten up. But you really have to give me a wholesome scene in the end, deal? Oh, and all the little details! Like Bull training with bending spoons or crushing trees with his hands, and everyone thinks he's training for battle, but he's just really trying to learn to control his strength throughout the play and is miserable for failing all the time? " eyes of demon who spoke with experience were sparkling. " And then, we're happy when he finally learns in the end, too, and when his hard work has paid of. I like hard work paying of, and it's more useful being strong, but it's also really hard emotionally, when you love humankind and want to live in human world. I break things all the time even if I'm good at control, when I'm excited and slip up. It's reasonable to assume Bull would be accidentally breaking Svarik's things and then pout and be miserable afterwards, and comically try to hide it. I used to be really embarrassed, too. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, you can do that, it’s fine. I don't want to limit you. This is actually supposed to be a play that should offend me too, so use whatever you want. Even if you want to beat the Bull, then do. If I want to pass a law that you can say and show whatever you want, I shouldn't dictate you what you can or can't say and show, right? I'm sorry, I see it’s quite tempting. I should stop doing that."

"It's alright," Senecio assured him. "We don’t want to really offend you, we want to offend your public image, and in the process we could maybe help you strip something of it without losing the support of the people. But I suppose if the audience knows he can’t get hurt that easily, it wouldn't bother you that much if he gets some beating?"

Svarik nodded to that. "Ah, yes. If he can’t get hurt, that’s fine."

"Good," Senecio smiled. "Because you know what would be fun? If he actually doesn’t try to keep secret. He would try to convince the priests and soldiers that he really is the Bull, but they won't believe him because their idea of the Bull is so twisted by the church that it doesn't correspond with reality anymore. A nice blasphemy, isn't it?"

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" That would be really fun to write, " For the first time since the conversation, Hans's face lit up, too. " He trying to exert influence, and he keeps telling people who he is and that he wants kind-hearted meadow king to be ruler this time, and that he doesn't want him to kill anyone because he is a soft kind soul, but nobody believes he is the real Bull except Svarik. That will really rile up the priests. "

" You can also put in detail that some Bull priests think that he's committing blasphemy by mocking image of the Bull by having horns and falsely presenting himself as such, too, so that you're basically accusing priesthood of not even being to recognize their God, and then, even going against him, " Eros suggested shyly for the first time as he heard that part of the conversation. " Priests are really sensitive about us Beings with horns. I'm pretty sure, actually, that it is highly likely that if the actual Bull Being came down from the mountains and revealed himself as the Bull, he would be accused of blasphemy, too. It would be much harder to make him as a person an official God than Simbelmyne Silver you told me about. It's easier to believe someone powerful and charismatic is Bull's gentler brother, but Bull has way too many expectations piled upon him... Everyone thinks of him as omnipotent and anything less than that would never get him recognized... "

" That's why, while I want to have a pantheon established with Bull as symbolic head, I never planned to get real Bull Being back to the capital and have him presented before the people, even if he wanted to. It would create a terrible uproar. " Falcon nodded himself too, agreeing. " Though, if we do manage to find him hiding in some corner of the Mountain, naturally, I planned to ask for his understanding in my plans for a new kind of religion... While he presumably gave away all his power to the first emperor, he should still be alive and immortal, and I don't exactly want to have a feud with some unknown Being for nothing. "

" Bull is one of the Beings we know very little about personally, " Hans explained. " We know he lives at the mountains, but we could never go too far from the sea, since Tide is strongest at the ocean, so we never went there or met him. But even without any special powers, unless something terrible happened to him, he should still have basic things, probably reasonable physical strength, relatively quick healing at very least, tough skin, more resilient body... and even more, as Beings pass through the fabric, they heal, at expense of getting tired, so even if he got a bit hurt, he'd heal right away. I think even for Beings in the audience, it would be believable that he simply lets people beat him up because he doesn't want to kill them, pretends to be dead or unconscious, and then when they leave him he just stands up, and walks away to Svarik and pouts and acts sad so Svarik can comfort him after priests were mean to him. "

"Oh, yes, I often got beaten up by humans in the past because it was the easiest way to end the conflict, " Tide confirmed energetically. " It's just a chore to try to fight and create further resentment, and if I actually beat then, I'd only end up feeling bad when they're hurt. So when stakes are low I'd just go for it. It's just really not a big deal. When I think about it, it's like a game of pretence. You're all pretending it's hurting, but you're just bored and want to get it over with so you can go have dinner already. Once Hans got us candied apples back home, and I remember feeling really annoyed it took a while, because all I was thinking the entire time was how bad I wanted to eat them with him. "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"Bull's in the Mountains," Svarik said. "Izmir saw him in the form of a great auroch. I think he can't change his form in the first layer anymore, and can't leave the valley where his sanctuary used to be."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide's brow furrowed sorrowfully with that.
" I see. He really gave away almost all of himself, " he whispered pitifully, looking thoughtful. " It is... really unhealthy and confined life, though. It's a big sacrifice. It seems what is left of him is bound to the temple so he could stay alive with what little he has left. Maybe... if I could give him a little bit, we could at least give him some freedom... depending on how much I give... "
" Tide, you can't just give all the time on a whim, " Hans rushed to add in a warning. " We don't even know if we'd help him only for him to go against us. He did give away so much, he can't be the docile predictable guy we can control anyhow. It's safer to just leave him where he can't harm us. "
" But why not? " Tide protested. " I'm aware of the risks, but still, it's not the right to state of existing for a Being, to be deprived even of freedom, not to speak of form. If I can see him, I should be able to patch up something. "

Falcon was unusually quiet with the exchange this time. It seemed, ever since Izmir's name was mentioned, that some kind of thoughtfulness and shadow not seen in his those days was weighing on his face.
" I think... Hans is right that it is definitely the best choice not to help him, " he reluctantly commented, quietly, looking somewhere at a side, while tapping the table absently with his finger. " But I think... If... If Izmir were alive, he would like us to try figuring out something. He was like that... that meddlesome righteous guy, " his voice was unusually quiet. " And in last days, I've just been thinking more often of him, and... Well, I'm definitely not living the kind of life he'd approve of, but I'd like to at least act by his convictions once in a while. We can always decide afterwards when we meet the Bull, but wouldn't it be a shame not to meet him? Mountain is not that far anymore, now that we can plead Sun Spirits to do us free flying labor... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm not sure the Bull would want to see us," Svarik said. "He attacked Izmir and his companions when they entered his territory. I think Kaldir earned his trust at the end, but not easily. I think it would be best to approach him slowly, and Selagon already went to look for him. This should be his quest, not ours."

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Still, we do know Kaldir, since he came during Long Night. Selagon left recently, but it's honestly more unstable for us not to be with our highest priest for too long. I only let him go because he's stubborn as a mule, " Falcon murmured. " You can't really forbid people such things. Even if there's no gain for the empire and if his absence leaves our situation more unpredictable, he wants to go... But at the very least, we can contact Kaldir so he could shorten the time needed to find Bull's valley and meet him. There's no reason not to be as efficient as we can, isn't there? "
" I don't mind however long it takes, I'm in for it, anyway. You are using his name for your religion, it's good manners for you to help him if you can, and I want to just for the sake of it, " Tide replied. " Since he gave too much of himself, though, isn't it hard to figure out if he's demon or spirit? I just don't know how our relations will be in the future with Spirit realm, and if contact could bring danger to him if we meet him, but he doesn't agree to our help right away and is stuck there still. "
" It would definitely not be safe for him to keep staying in the same spot after being helped by a Demon, or even just after having met such demon as you, " Falcon sighed regretfully. " And we can't exactly toss him around like a ball, even for his safety. But still, I mean, he'd still be incomplete existence, like Simbel, and I'm getting really good at taking care of Simbel, and he gave me a whole lot of tips for protection from Demon Hunters. Taking in and protecting one more Being shouldn't be insanely hard when I am already sheltering too many weird ones. "
Tide grinned faintly.
" If I didn't know any different, I'd say you're just trying to smuggle in another immortal friend for Simbel, " he teased, but Falcon, to his surprise, actually shrugged shamelessly.
" I don't deny, " he retorted. " That Simbel would be happy, in any case, if I help or take in more incomplete existences. He is actually beginning to get along insanely well with other vampires, too, surprisingly so. He's seeing things a different way ever since he met Erdel. Even if not friends, which is naturally hard, Simbel would feel nice if he doesn't feel like an imposter to the current religion where we lied he was Bull's brother. He would love to get Bull's blessing especially if he learns he's, too, someone who was such in one place for eternity. He'd feel compassionate to him and want to help him, too. If Izmir knew Simbel, he'd see things the same way. I can't imagine he wouldn't... "

Re: Senecio adn Tide II

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik nodded. "I think it's something we could ask Selagon and Kaldir to do, if they manage to get his trust. They have the highest chance at it anyway."
1 ... 130131132133134135136 ... 179