Svarik and the company I :)

1 ... 949596979899100

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik held him soothingly as long as he needed, just like Tide did it for him before.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Demon seemed to enjoy it, and, despite his shoulders would tremble a little bit with a sob from time to time, he seemed to become calmer and find his stable point again, compassionate closeness anchoring and replenishing him.

Sometimes, some ten minutes later or so, Xia started to wake. She was looking around sleepily and timidly, until she saw Svarik and Tide cuddled together, and that seemed to make her immensely content. Little bundle of joy, still sleep y as it was, started to purr loudly and pleasantly, and to clumsily and sleepily lick their fingers, to greet them.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik caressed her and when she woke a bit more, he offered her a cookie.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Xia first glanced to double check that food offered was not something coming from animals, and she then freely took the cookie, eating sleepily, but with pleasure. When she finished it, already more awake, she started nestling with the two, seeming particularly glad to see Svarik awake, and particularly glad to see Tide is still here too.
Demon put face underneath mask to dry remnants of tears and let go of the worry and pain that brought them upon, before he smiled at her, and started nestling with her as well.
" I caressed her soul a little before. There was some tenseness from within - nothing dangerous yet, but since I was already here, I wanted to clear it out a little. " demon admitted to king shyly. " She consented when I asked her if I can, so I hope it's okay. That's why I make her lot of tea to reward her for letting me do it - you have to be very gentle and careful when meddling with soul on such deep levels. She was tense after all that revelation with food... It left deep impression on her... She will feel a bit better now, as it won't do lasting damage to her. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"You have my thanks for that," Svarik said, caressing Xia as she was eating the cookie. "It did not occur to me yesterday that she didn't know where is meat from..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" She is.. Unique. She is a high level Demon, made to be adult from her first moment of existence, but with experience of a child. She is just  a.... pup. " Demon grinned caressing little Xia, the change of subject from before seeming to help him get more at ease too. " Little pups have parents, to bring them food and nurture them, to teach them how the world works - but she is a creature with mind of an adult, and no experience. I do not think her creator thought that hard about disadvantage she will face if on her own - I think he probably just wanted to make you a gentle caring Familiar that will love you and be loved in return. She is very gentle, that much I can attest to. I very much enjoy her for that.. She is a very lovable little pup. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"She is," Svarik agreed. "And her creator was just as inexperienced as she is, in a sense... But I'm glad he made her as she is."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It feels like she was a work in progress, made impulsively, like with sudden surge of inspiration. I very much like th- "
He didn't finish his sentence, as in that moment, door opened, and timidly, vampire Erdel came in. He looked alright, his clothes just being a little messy, and appearing to have a little bit of a bloody bump behind an ear. He grinned shyly as he raised his hands a little, and in them, was a cute little basket, with three big apples, that looked very sweet and inviting, with glimmer of bright yellow in their color that was shiny, and made them look as if they were coated with gold.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Hello, Erdel," Svarik greeted him. "I'm glad you are back. What happened to you? Did you run into some trouble?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Nah, it wasn't really some big trouble - the harpy that was giving me a free flight on the way back just really liked to munch on my ear for some reason. She really gnawed on my ear quite a bit, but I am okay. "
" Oh, yeah, Harpies can be very nasty. You don't want to make dears with those, trust me. " Tide grimaced a bit.
" I had to get home somehow, as island was quite far, and I could not skip between layers while carrying cargo. I will take bit of a chopped ear over having to swim back any day. " vampire chuckled a bit. " Besides, I did not make deal with her - Sir Erebus had called her to me, to provide me with safe flight home of her own volition, so I didn't have to make any deals on my behalf. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Let me look at that ear... And who is sir Erebus and what is so special about these apples?" Svarik asked, standing up to check if the wound needs some cleaning or balm.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" It's not just Sir Erebus, sire. There's sir Erebus, a Demon, lady Nyx, a Spirit, and their three daughters, Hesperides, three delightful little Spirits. They are a very nice family. " Erdel explained with some delight, while he shyly sat down on edge of one free armchair so Svarik could check out his wound. " I mean, they live on this surreal magical island filled with illusions and shade, and parents are bit silent and solemn, but daughters are bright, like Melody, and make the place very lively. "

" They are not exactly daughters. " Tide corrected excited young demon gently. " Erebus and Nyx had been a couple since dawn of time, I guess, but they couldn't have children, of course, as demon and spirit. After yet another failed attempt at that, to comfort Nyx in her grief for another child lost before even born, knowing she loves apples above all, Erebus sacrificed half of his very soul, to make a beautiful immortal giant apple tree that always has ripe fruit, as token of his love for her. She in turn decided to return his gesture, with sacrifice of her own - she sliced out half of her own soul and cut it in three parts, and implanted them into the apple tree... And from those three parts of soul, three Spirits of their own were born at sprint, as united tokens of their love. "

" Ouch. So that's why they call them their daughters? That is lovely.. Ouch. " vampire replied. As Svarik looked at the injury, he could see it was not quite serious for a demon, but it did get quite deep, as harpy's beak was shark, up to the skull, so it hurt to meddle with it. " Anyway... Ouch... They were pleased I did not come to ask for myself, so they were kind enough to give me three apples from tree of Hesperides. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Be still now..." Svarik said as he was cleaned the wound and was putting a balm on it. "That sound like a really precious fruit. What is it jeeded for?"

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I do think they are priceless, but I am sure that maybe they just let me take it lightly because I said Sage, Tide and Hans sent me. Hesperides made deal with me. They played instruments and made me dance to the beat of it, one for every apple. It was very embarrassing. I was super awkward, and they all laughed for, like, two hours. " Vampire suppressed a chuckle shyly, apologizing that he moved with it a little...." I tried to offer to make any deal to earn more, but they said three is just what I'll need, one from each girl, and told me I need to trust them on it. "
" They are precious, and impossible to get, unless given freely, those apples. As life of their daughters is bound to that tree and its fruit, the couple guards it viciously and will kill anyone seeking the fruit for their own greed. " Tide explained patiently. " It is special fruit indeed. If human eats it... The powers of the fruit will turn the human into Spirit. Low level Spirit, but Spirit still. If Spirit or Demon eat it, though... There is something special going on. It will make crippled or hurt souls grow, in every way, in volume, smoothness, power. It will guide soul to grow like a tree, to regain what's lost. That is to say, if something in the soul is missing, apple will prompt it to start regenerating. " Tide glanced at king meaningfully, as it seemed to be his idea to do this suggested from same reason as their previous talk. " One apple is way too little, to make a whole layer of soul grow, of course, per se, but it can kickstart the process, so it may grow a bit of soul back, though, how much exactly, depends on how much soul of intended person is prepared properly. "
" Yes, Hans and Tide assured me it was like it, so I really had to go sir. I am sorry I had left you alone, but I had to see if I could earn some of these apples for our friends. I know Melody once sacrificed part of her soul, and if she becomes more soulful again, Hesperides said she could regain some of the powers she lost that once. She could be much stronger healer, like she once was, without growing so easily tired. " Erdel said with a glee. " I also intended one for Cernunnos, since his soul is so hurt and full of gaps - if more soul grown in between those gaps, it's bound to hurt less and he's bound to feel stronger, right? I would very much look forward to that... " his voice grew quiet for a moment then, in silence. Not looking at Svarik, with some quiet, wondering tone, he added. " Sir.. If it's okay... " his voice was absent for a moment. " I intended the third apple for Death, sir... They were given to me, I can give them to whoever I want, can't I, sire? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"Yes, of course," Svarik nodded. "They are yours to give. And I think your choice is wise."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Erdel gleamed with it, as he seemed to had been having doubts, and fears king would make him reconsider his choice, and he was glad when he did not.
" Probably wisest would be to give all three fruit to Death, unfortunately, as no fate of world rests on shoulders of Melody and Cernunnos, but I still support your choice, too. " demon smiled. " You shouldn't strive to be preachy or wise, you should follow your heart and your conscience alone. "
" I guess it would indeed be wiser... But I don't want to give all three fruit to Death. I couldn't stand myself, if I did. " vampire whispered. " If I had more apples, I would give him more... But I do not. Melody and Cernunnos are too important for me. I would hate myself, if I would give fruit to Death who hates me and hardly said me a kind word, and give none to those two, who were so kind and gentle to me. One for each, I feel, is only fair share. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"If you didn't go there and dance for the Hesperides, Death would get no apples. One is much better than none. Even if you wouldn't want to give him any, it is your decision. You are kind to him when he had no kindness to you."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" I doubt I would get any if I didn't say who sent me and if family didn't have good relationship with our dear hosts, sir... But I am thankful I did get them none the less, no matter whose credit it was. As for Death... I guess I am thankful *enough* that he didn't try to kill me after I become a full fledged demon. From someone of his background and powers, I will take that as some basic kindness. " Vampire nodded shyly. " Sire, could you just, perhaps... Give the apple to him yourself and say you won it yourself, please? I fear if I offered it to him personally, he could refuse... "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
Svarik looked at Tide meaningfully. "I was just telling Tide how ironic it was," he told Erdel. "Those who are providing help for Death from their own will are mostly demons, while the spirits to whom he was king, just let him abdicate... You are asking for the same as Willow did with his medicine..."

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
Tide looked down with some absent wondering, caressing Xia, and Erdel looked thoughtful too.
" I... Don't think it's some cruel twist of irony, sir. " vampire said slowly as he thought about it. " I guess that just... Death never really showed weakness before his Spirits. I doubt any of them can even conceive idea of him being terribly hurt, or biting more than he can chew off. I guess they just... He is a Spirit of healing, and all that. They probably don't see it as anything but scratch on him. Only us, sir, who are living close to him and see how he's struggling, know. I look after Bell's flower a lot. I can hear him, moaning in his sleep. Of course I would know, but Spirits would never think of it like that. "

" I don't know. I would more say, we are more compassionate in our core, than Spirits. That's only how I feel. We are less.. Burdened with voice of reason. " Tide whispered. " Spirit spent all that time, finding excuses as to why they should not meddle... They were mostly evolving through time when, really, they could afford to stay aside and think. But we are generally, much older, as we evolved sooner - in times of darkness, dangers, fire and ash. You needed to be fast and impulsive back then to survive... And I guess some of that impulsiveness stayed within us, as we ages. " he mused sadly. " I am sure if that Willow did not offer his medicine, he would regret it dearly. It's just something in your bones that moves, when you hear of someone's suffering... You are complelled to act. In primordial times, when volcano would erupt, and you heard a cry of your little baby or your friend, you would not waste a single millisecond to throw yourself in the lava, to get it out.... You need to be as fast, as your friend Erdel is now, sir, if you want to see light of next day. "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"I'm just wondering..." Svarik said thoughtfully. "If I would give him the medicine and the apple, and only say afterwards who they are from, would it maybe change his mind a little? But no, I cannot think like that. He can look into the future... If he sees my intention to tell him later, he would not take them, I fear... "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" Maybe if you tell lord Nameless to give it to them? " vampire asked hopefully. " If he sees Nammy's sincere desire to bring him relief, he couldn't bring himself to refuse, could he? "

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"That might be best right now. Nammy us the only one of us whom he lets that close..." Svarik nodded.

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

VisAnastasis
Administrator
" He really grew to care for Nammy, I can tell. I am sure it pleases him to feel how much Nammy has warmth for him, too. " vampire agreed more brightly, more peaceful with their prospects now.
" You should still prepare him properly, though, whoever gives it to him. Take good heed, this apple is far too rare to waste. If he just eats it when he's anxious and nervous, only little soul will be able to grow through his tenseness. Make sure he is most ready for it, to make sure it will regrow the largest amount of soul possible and ease his essence the most... " old critter murmured out his kind advise a little grumpily. " Apples of Hesperidas are quite famous, legendary, even. You can only reach island where they are if couple knows and cares for you, or if somebody for whom they care for sends you explicitly to them. Death should be able to recognize value of the rare item and not waste it... The couple and I go way back when. I was a best man on their little private wedding. They also once gifted me with an apple for Hans, when he was injured by emperors and was recovering. It is item very rarely given. " he smiled faintly. " They must have really been cheered up by your little dances... "

( OOC: Hello, dear! I hope if it's not too much to ask, I wanted to bid you for a favor. Because I finally have some spare money I saved up thanks to Erasmus scholarship, I wanted to choose a new graphic tablet to buy so I can hopefully continue improving and growing. I couldn't afford a big Cintiq one because they are way too expensive for me still, but I found this really cool Huion one that I want to order:

https://www.huiontablet.com/all-products/pen-tablet-monitor/huion-gt-220-v2-134.html

I would have ordered it right now, and I tried, but I don't have Paypal account, and, even more so, in case it for some bad luck gets delayed in shipping, I would be more peaceful if it would be sent to your address, instead of this address in Konventna, specially since it's a dormitory so I am not as confident in it as I would be with permanent address of apartment. Shipping info says it shouldn't last more than 39 days, and I have more than 60 more days left here, so it really should come on time, I think, but I'd rather be sure. It would really soothe me a lot if you'd give me a day or two so I can pick money from my bank account when I find free time from homework so I can give it to you, so you could order the tablet for me. Hopefully, that way, it would reach me before summer, when I start doing bachelor project. If it comes on time, we could try it out together, if you'd like, too :) I'd of course give you the money first, and then you could order it, we've known each other for just so long, I know you'd not take advantage of me, and if any unexpected expenses show up, I'd pay up additionally, of course. <3 <3 <3

Re: Svarik and the company I :D

Mirach
Administrator
"So does it create new parts of soul, or does it make the old parts grow to fill the gaps?" Svarik asked.

(OOC: No probem, it looks awesome! I'm tempted to get one as well :) If you have a bank here, would it be possible for you to send the money directly to my bank account? I don't like having such a big sum of money around, and I won't be able to go to a bank anytime soon. If you don't have a slovak account, you can just go to my bank - Slovenská Sporitelňa (there is one at the tram stop Obchodná, for example) and give them the money to deposit on my account. The number is SK7009000000000178534712)
1 ... 949596979899100